You know Chaos will win right?

You know Chaos will win right?

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Story:The_Shape_Of_The_Nightmare_To_Come_50k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Chaos works against itself as much as it does everyone else.

That's some top tier body horror 9/10 would vomit.

>Just another Saturday night on Cadia

I've always thought that the best and most logical ending to any high-level RPG played in the 40k universe would be every apocalypse scenario occurring at the same time. That way, it's not really guaranteed that any one faction would win.
>The god-emperor dies and is reborn sometime within the next ten years
>The Mechanicus discovers a damaged, but intact, STC fabricator, instantly recovering approximately 83% of humanity's technological power
>The necrons all wake up
>The main tyranid fleet smashes into the Imperium
>The elder death god gains consciousness
>An ork warboss begins gathering all orks under a singular Waaaaaaaggghhhh! that will break the galaxy
>The demon primarchs decide to field a black crusade and Abaddon leads it

There's so much I'm leaving out and it would be utter chaos.

I remember reading some fan fiction somewhere where the Emperors actual death sends the Imperium into a second dark age, no one can navigate the warp, and his death results in the birth of a fifth chaos god.

One of the three big necron gods awakens on Mars and is only contained because warmaster abbadon is invading the solar system at the time.

The Tyranids run into the biggest Orc waaagh! that has ever been assembled when the orcs find a fight that will never end and they mutate into some kind of orc/tyrannid hybrid race.

The eldar get into some shit too, they're probably all dead I forget.

>they mutate into some kind of orc/tyrannid hybrid race.

Oh yeah, and they're basically unkillable because of their regenerative abilities.

That's basically what's implied. Every source book implies that all the shits about to hit the fan.

>The assurance of victory is the only qualification of an action's worth.

This is why I hate these 40k wank threads.

Probably.
But they haven't won yet, and THAT is why you keep fighting.

Every second that they haven't won, with their near infinite fucking power, is another win for us.

>don't follow the codex astartes
>are not scions of noble Roboute Guilliman
>do not venerate Marneus Calgar as their spiritual liege
all they can win is an eternity of seething resentment at the fact that they will never be as good as the Ultramarines

>Chaos
>Beat the Tyranids

Sure

Tyranids are nothing. They get the shit kicked out of them constantly and serve as nothing more than another threat for space marines to punch. Warhammer has always been at its core about Humanity versus Chaos, nothing more, nothing less. NPC races have never mattered, they're just useless filler.

>Abbadon leading a Black Crusade
Sounds scary, think he'll make it past Cadia this time?

>always
chaos didn't exist during the game's creation

at its core, warhammer has been about aliens and space marines screaming at each other atop piles of their own dead

Well, Chaos wasn't formally introduced as a faction in Rogue Trader until after the release, but they were referenced in the fluff and were one of the earliest supplements.

Ultimately, you're right though. Chaos is just another race/faction in the Chaos of the forty-first millenium and that's how it has always been.

Orks have already won. Everyone else is in different stages of losing, cept maybe Chaos who give zero fucks about end goals.

Chaos will eventually win and then immidiatly lose. Eventually reality will snap and the imiterium will flood the Galaxy chaos will briefly win killing or corrupting all life in the Galaxy chaos will then die as there is no longer anything to feed it.

>Chaos will win
By its own nature, if chaos would ever win, it would have already won.
Each of their victories kills their own logistic support, leaving less sentients around to feel and live.
Chaos will not win, but neither will it lose.

>Chaos will eventually win and then immidiatly lose. Eventually reality will snap and the imiterium will flood the Galaxy chaos will briefly win killing or corrupting all life in the Galaxy chaos will then die as there is no longer anything to feed it.

>DERP DERP something that transcends time can die

Don't be an idiot. Chaos is eternal. Picture related.

Headcanon. Orks end goal is no conquer the galaxy.

Chaos does not require sentient life.

Yep, like how Archaon bashed his way through the city of the Wolf in his second time.

>Chaos does not require sentient life.

It sort of does, the gods didn't just gain sapience out of nowhere. Before they did they were just collections of certain emotions and concepts.

They might have at a point but as you can see from the text, they can annihilate all life in the galaxy and keep on going.

As an ex Fantasy player, trust me, you guys don't want Chaos to win. It kills your game and replaces it with a shit one.

That may be referring more to the Warp than it is the gods and their daemons since they require the materium for sustenance.

It's funny how people think GW is going to kill 40k just because they're advancing the lore enough to justify making models for the Daemon Primarchs.

40k still sells and there is arguably nothing like it out there settingswise. Meanwhile Fantasy was a dying game with a somewhat generic Fantasy world that got a decent amount of its uniqueness by borrowing from history. To say nothing of how Blizzard shit all over GW by taking concepts from Fantasy and making their vision much more popular and well known.

>That may be referring more to the Warp than it is the gods and their daemons since they require the materium for sustenance.

It is not. It' referring to Chaos. I know it's hard to read something when it's something that you disagree with but you cannot change the words in the text.

>It's funny how people think GW is going to kill 40k just because they're advancing the lore enough to justify making models for the Daemon Primarchs.

>40k still sells and there is arguably nothing like it out there settingswise. Meanwhile Fantasy was a dying game with a somewhat generic Fantasy world that got a decent amount of its uniqueness by borrowing from history. To say nothing of how Blizzard shit all over GW by taking concepts from Fantasy and making their vision much more popular and well known.

I was making a joke
I don't care enough about 40k to actually know how well (or bad) it's doing.
I really only came into this thread to insult AoS because it's so shit
You're a faggot

AoS is better fluffwise and rulewise than WHFB.

Truefax.

I disagree with you on both fronts.

Subjectivefax.

>AoS is better rulewise than WHFB

I know you are baiting, but that still hurt a little.

Jesus Christ PLEASE tell me they got rid of these rules.

It hurts because it's true.

They are optional fun rules anyway. Why are you so triggered?

What happened to this dude

It's subjective

They could serve to be ironed out, but on the whole I think I'd take AoS ruleset with the differences being between the Warscrolls over Fantasy's where you have redundant charts, keywords that need to be memorized, unit rules that need to be memorized, etc.

Both 40k and Fantasy scratch a simulationist itch, but that has gotten in the way of the rules not being clunky.

If it's a model whose Warscroll isn't a legacy one, the rule is more than likely gone. However the legacy warscrolls still have those rules.

One of the Fyreslayer units is the only thing they've done since then that has something coming close to a joke rule.

Became a demigod and destroyed a universe or two. Not much.

But why does he look so stupid?

I'm not triggered. I'm just wondering why they thought rules this stupid were a good idea.

It was a nod to the old setting.

He looks metal as fuck.

just like it has in real life, nothing new there.

So, basically the Mechanicus has to HOLD THE LINE for the Emperor to return in a decade while Abaddon has to successfully steer the black crusade against the backdrop of SHTF? That sounds like an awesome way to do an AoS-esque soft-boot to the setting without going full retard like AoS.

yeah, according to current fluff they are most likely to win, but I don't much like the way they do so no, they won't.

wait, like the last 12 times? or was it only the 11 times between 1 and 12, I'm not sure

It's for all those people who ever claimed that GW games were supposed to be satire and that if you take them seriously at all you're a dum dum.

>Headcanon. Orks end goal is no conquer the galaxy.
I assume this means "to". I am curious as to your source. what the other user said by the way is not headcanon but taking at face value what an Eldar philosopher mused.

satan plz

FOR THE LADY!

The Beast Waaaagh! fluff where it's stated that Ork have a primal desire to conquer the galaxy.

The Ork codex where it's stated that Orks have a belief that one day they will conquer the galaxy.

Ghaz's, aka the Prophet of Gork and Mork, Speech about the Ork destiny of galactic conquest.

> but taking at face value what an Eldar philosopher mused.

That only says that the Orks live a carefree life with no troubles. Nothing about their destiny as a race. Taking anymore from this is just typical Ork fans being moronic.

>That only says that the Orks live a carefree life with no troubles. Nothing about their destiny as a race. Taking anymore from this is just typical Ork fans being moronic.

>For them, the great struggle is won.

yeah you're right, nothing in that says that for them, the great struggle is won. Must be the stupid Ork fans that can't meassure up to the superior Chaos fanboys that take a perverse pleasure in the banality that certain parts of the Chaos fluff make the endgame into.

>Ghaz's, aka the Prophet of Gork and Mork, Speech about the Ork destiny of galactic conquest.

Which speech is that?

because the famouse one:

I'm da hand of Gork and Mork, dey sent me to rouse up da boyz to crush and kill ‘cos da boyz forgot what dere ‘ere for. I woz one of da boyz till da godz smashed me in da ‘ead an’ I ‘membered dat Orks is meant to conquer and make slaves of everyfing they don’t kill.
I’m da profit of da Waaagh an’ whole worlds burn in my boot prints. On Armour-Geddem, I led da boyz through da fire deserts and smashed da humies’ metal cities to scrap. I fought Yarik, old one-eye at Tarturus, an’ he fought good but we smashed iz city too.
I’m death to anyfing dat walks or crawls, where I go nothin’ stands in my way. We crushed da stunties on Golgotha, an’ we caught old one-eye when da speed freeks blew da humies’ big tanks ta bits. I let ‘im go ‘cause good enemies iz ‘ard to find, an Orks need enemies ta fight like they need meat ta eat an’ grog ta drink.
I iz more cunnin’ than a grot an’ more killy than a dread, da boyz dat follow me can’t be beat. On Pissenah we jumped da marine-boyz an’ our bosspoles was covered in da helmets we took from da dead ‘uns. We burned dere port an’ killed dere bosses an’ left nothin’ but ruins behind. I’m Warlord Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka an’ I speak wiv da word of da gods. We iz gonna stomp da ‘ooniverse flat an’ kill anyfing that fights back. We iz gonna do this coz’ we’re Orks an’ we was made ta fight an’ win!

doesn't include that

I agree.

Orkfags are dumbass bricks. Always have been. They focus on Eldar guys perspective of their race rather than what's actually written about their race. They take the "struggle as won" as they actually achieved their racial victory rather they just live carefree lives.

We must remove the cancer that is the Orkfanbase.

OW THE EDGE

Oh really?

>I'm da hand of Gork and Mork, dey sent me to rouse up da boyz to crush and kill ‘cos da boyz forgot what dere ‘ere for. I woz one of da boyz till da godz smashed me in da ‘ead an’ I ‘membered dat Orks is meant to conquer and make slaves of everyfing they don’t kill.

>I’m Warlord Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka an’ I speak wiv da word of da gods. We iz gonna stomp da ‘ooniverse flat an’ kill anyfing that fights back. We iz gonna do this coz’ we’re Orks an’ we was made ta fight an’ win!

This just confirms that Orkfags are dumbasses.

boy am I made mad by this transparent provocation.

You should really reply to me now doubling down on it.

I am trying to provoke you. I am insulting you because you are a filthy Orkfag.

>544.M32 The Beast Arises

>The Orks rampage across the Imperium on a massive scale. The number of attacks grow until it becomes the greatest greenskin invasion that the galaxy has ever known, eclipsing even the one defeated by Horus upon the world of Ullanor, which earned him the title of Warmaster. Nothing is safe from the Orks’ primal desire to conquer the galaxy, and their widespread advances are only halted when the Imperium resorts to the most extreme of measures, at great cost to the Adeptus Astartes.

to conquer - to aquire by force of arms.

to stomp da universe flat - to wage war upon the universe

You do know words, do you?

I know that you are a dumbass because the Ork codex has Ghaz rejecting the war for the sake of war bit and buggering off.

To him Orks fighting for nothing but fighting is mucking about. The Orks destiny is to conquer all and destroy anyone who fights back.

And more quotes.

>Ork Expansion

>The galaxy is vast beyond the imaginings of the most ambitious despot. Yet this does not daunt the Orks as they simply don’t think about it. Instead, they plough from one conquest to the next, secure in the knowledge that one day, they will rule it all.

That's exactly the way! Accuse me of defending a position I have never in this argument held, that oughta get me going.

>990998.M41 A Greater Purpose

>Ghazghkull’s visions become more frequent as his latest invasion of Armageddon drags on. They are now accompanied by blinding head pains and crackling green lights as Gork and Mork’s roars of displeasure boom through Ghazghkull’s mind. Leaving his generals to direct the war, Ghazghkull retreats to his command ship, Kill Wrecka, to brood. The Warlord surrounds himself with a mob of Warpheads, hoping the deranged Ork mystics can help to interpret his visions. Yet it is Ghazghkull himself who is finally struck by inspiration. He realises that no other Ork has his ambition. For the rest of the greenskin race, a good fight like Armageddon is enough to satisfy their bloodlust, but Ghazghkull can see beyond this to something greater. Possessed by a sudden, manic energy, the Warlord orders Kill Wrecka to break orbit. Scraping together a ragtag flotilla from whatever Ork warships are nearby, Ghazghkull makes for the edge of the system. He has no idea what he is searching for, only that it is not on Armageddon.

If you have lost your position, then shut up and coincide.

Being too dumb to know when they have lost. Typical Orkfags!

Posting Vulkan vs Beast fight.

It has a part where Vulkan realizes the truth behind the Beast. Discover the bargain the Beast struck so that he will conquer and the rule galaxy.

concede*

Wanna bet on it pal?

I don't see anything wrong here

>disunity
>madness
>gods shattered

And to add to that, the whole Necron race went quiet at the end of the timeline.

>At the end of the 41st Millennium, it isn’t just the Imperium in turmoil. The Eldar race is on the brink of destruction, prompting alliances between them and their dark kin to ensure survival. The Tau Empire, so keen on conquest, finds itself assailed by Orks and Tyranids while simultaneously waging war against the Imperium. But what of the Necrons? While other races fight for survival, they remain suspiciously quiet. For now…

-From ''A Galaxy in Flames'' WD article by Matt Ward)

It looks like the Necrons want no part in what's to come.

Nah, the gods of the materium(C'tan+Emperor+Hive Mind+Gork+Mork) will face the Chaos gods leading to the destruction of most of the known galaxy.

My personal theory is that the old ones will make a comeback from out of nowhere to save everything before it all blows up

>Emperor+Hive Mind+Gork+Mork

These four are warp related.

And the C'tan are pokemon.

y'all fuckers in for a nasty surprise when Big E wakes up from his power nap and reincarnates. HFY.

So who would be first to drop? Tau?

By the power of plot armor and sales figures the spess mehreens will never truly lose. If chaos ever start to truly win GW will just have Kaldor Draigo personally cuntpunt the four chaos gods or something.

But he fell to Slaanesh.

Can they at least do this End Times with Karl Kopinski and Adrian Smith artwork and not computer generated trash?

Obviously his sue power would let him break the grip of slaanesh and save the day, now with a dark and edgy chaos chapter in his life.

even then chaos didn't become a thing till the fall of the eldar there was an entire war of the gods that went on before that

I wouldn't have a problem with these if they were optional rules that both players had to agree to use, because some of them are kinda fun sounding and the kind of shit I act out at the table without gaining a mechanical bonus anyway

Probablt Eldar. Tau could probably just lay low for a few hundred years and populate a shit tone of planetsw and they'd be on the same level as everyone else, considering how quickly they've advanced so far...

Whoever wins, 40k loses.

And nothing of value will be lost.

But Chaos can't help but fuck everything up? Funnily enough after all the old jokes, it's only Abbadon who is the end times threat for Chaos.

Without a Champion skilful enough to use the ruinous powers for there own purpose Chaos is simply a sickness that one needs to be watchful of. The Chaos gods themselves are so wrapped up in the great game that they would work against each other if it was simply chaos itself 'winning' 40k.

sure, chaos may eventually win, but there's no harm in resisting if the only future I have if they do win is a brutal slow death

no, at best you're going to get Dainton

>it's only Abbadon who is the end times threat for Chaos.

And Huron, Eliphas, Be'Lakor, Erebus, and Kor Phaeron.

No. They can all fuck shit up but only Abbadon has the strength and reach to threaten the Imperium itself.

The problem with Chaos is that it isnt all one faction. Even the Chaosfags dont argue that Nurgle himself could destroy the Imperium and take over the galaxy. Because the other Gods wouldn't allow it.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Story:The_Shape_Of_The_Nightmare_To_Come_50k

I'm a Slav and I hate whites.

If all of the Daemon Primarchs got off their collective asses, there isn't much that could stop Chaos.

Gotta keep in mind the "Red Dagger" or whatever it is called has to be in effect for the Daemon Primarchs to even step outside of the warp. No one can beat Chaos on their own turf.

If all the Demon Primarchs got together in the same room there would be a free for- all.

Shit if that actually happened the Imperium would be better off.

Probably. But if there was going to be a big push with the Daemon Primarchs at the head, all six of them would stay the fuck away from each other. Save probably Lorgar, who, in my mind, would act as the go between everyone else.

Pert and Morty could probably team up without too much of an issue. But I think they're the only two who could.

Maybe for like an hour. Then Fulgrim would hang back to make magic cocaine out of one or of Lorgars dark priests.

Angron would forget who he was supposed to be fighting and plow in to what must be the last 10 of Magnus's 1ksons.

Then Pert would destroy half the remaining force with a cannon barrage. These guys arnt about working as a team anymore.

If the Imperium is right there, I am fairly confident that they can hold it together to murder the fuck out of the Corpse-Emperor and his yapping lappy dogs.

Afterwards though, oh boy, seven way cage match. Abby being the seventh Daemon Primarch - Partially honorary title.

The Imperium is right there. Has been since they all ran away after Horus died. But instead they just sit in the eye and do chaosy stuff.

Chaos weakens the group but gives some individuals a boon. For the Primarchs however demonhood was only ever a curse.

It is a different "right there" if the Red Dagger is present. I feel like it is a meaningful difference.

Abaddon would probably die in the crossfire once he's served his purpose as a vehicle for Chaos to get to Terra, either from a random Eversor/Grey Knight/Titan/Custode/Thing That Can Kill Him in Single Combat or by an usurper taking an attack of opportunity once his mission was over.

Isn't his deal that once the Emperor is dead he will ascend to Daemonhood? Think they could catch him in the moment between murdering the Emperor and when the ascension process begins?

That was a good beginning, that rapidly fell into shit when 60k hit. Stuff like "The Last Good man in the Galaxy" and Drazini'matron/Super spoopy deep warp really killed it for me.

Just rubbish, you know? Like killing off 99% of the Necrons in one fucking chapter. Or stuff like Order/Chaos Cronz. Or all the Smurf hate.

>we must remove the cancer that is the ork fanbase

It has been stated many times, and for a long time, that chaos woukd win in the end. Both in fantasy and 40K. And yet people will still act surprised when it happens

ya but will it bring back Ian Miller-style psychedelic creepiness?

MAKE THE UNCLEAN ONE GREAT AGAIN