£18

>£18
>Eighteen fucking quid
>€23
>$30
>$50 Aus

I'm sorry, fucking what?

I remember when they made squad boxes of ten £15 and everyone was furious.

I got it with the White Dwarf, the thing is literally twice the height of some of my dudes. I'm just going to use it as a R&H ogryn, its too big to be used as a commander like i had planned

I remember talking to some red shirt ages ago who said they justified the price of single figures being so high due to the fact people will only tend to buy one.

also >Aus

Blood Pact ogryn coversions?

Nah, fluffed as a renegade RT. I'm using the ogryn with doggies option to run my Warhounds with him, methinks. Currently i run grenadiers covered by artillery, but anytime my friends space yiffs catch something they tear it to shreds so i want something to counterassault anything charging my arty

Dude, the new Karn is 30 euro for a standard space marine sized one sprue blister. This is bad, but it's only getting worse.

>"our sales are dropping"
>"hike up the prices"
>"our sales are dropping even more now"
>"well hike up the prices even more then, god"

games workshop economics

The sculpt and pose are quite good for a recent GW model.

>slaughterpriest
>hackblade
>wrathhammer
I guess you can't have everything...

The sculpt is decent, but its fucking huge, even compared to all the AoS stuff thats bizarrely large thats been released so far

>twice the height of some of my dudes

So he's... huge?

replace 'hackblade' with RIP and 'wrathhammer' with TEAR, and he
s actually not so bad

I got it for 9 bucks

Just buy the whitedwarf

If only I had an army to use him in.

This is really good man. You surprised me

He's a big guy

How is the new White Dwarf? Has anyone gotten it for free along with your Slaughterpriest with Hackblade and Wrathhammer? Can it even be compared to WD pre2010?

Also, do AoS players ever say stuff like Deathrattle or Wrathhammer in public, or do they whisper it to themselves while falling asleep?

At least it's not the new Skitarii. About $70 for 10 dudes that are the only viable Elite option dor the army. The rest are 30-45.

>The sculpt is decent, but its fucking huge

It's supposed to be. Slaughterpriests are very large individuals, swollen with the might of Khorne.

They have been charging $30 for individual dudes in blisters for a while now. I don't know how this is knew to you. I just got the Chinaman version for $5.

It doesn't really compare, but it is a free model so I would say that it is worth it.

>squad boxes of ten £15

When was this?

When the plastic Catachans came out they were 20 for 12 quid.

>eons ago.

Nah but srsly whiners: get a job. plan your purchases. paint what you buy rather than playing with a grey tide.

The price for single models does have to take into account that 99% of sales will be of a single model to those players that collect khorne armies.
So yes, it's actually a valid reason.

Note that a squad of marines is 35yuropoors.
the boxed sets are comparatively really good value, and then there are the start collecting boxes, also good value.

GW has made some shit decisions, true, but it isn't as simple as "hike up the prices omg"

welcome to model wargaming enjoy 500 a year costs for the rest of your life

welcome to model wargaming please enjoy your forced stay over guilt of wasting money on us

Or just play a game that isn't made by GW for much less.

People who complain about 40K being expensive don't even bother to look at other games, most of which are cheaper to get in to. Instead they feel entitled, complain about GW's prices and demand that they be lowered, when that really isn't going to happen. Most other games have better rules too.

Barely, and then you're dealing with way more suspect that casting on a lot of cases. Warmachine's plastic kits for example.

I will never not be proud when I see someone post my model.

To be fair, $500 a year on a hobby isn't much at all. That's a bit over $40 a month so if you spread out your purchases it's really not bad. Just don't buy a whole army in one go, build it up over time.

When you make awesome models, of course they're gonna get circulated.

Maybe Warmachine (I dislike the games models myself), but you can have a full army for Flames of War, Infinity, Malifaux, Bolt Action, for like a half of the price of a GW army. Maybe even less. With all but Infinity, you can have an army made entirely out of hard plastic figures so casting isn't even suspect in that case. Miniatures games are expensive outside of some out of the box crap like X-Wing, but saying that it is entirely overpriced when you are only look at GW stuff is just wrong.

Gayyyyyyyy...

4u

Nigga, my box of Marneus and honor guards lacked two arms and half a crest. GW is not a reference in that reguard.

Pic related

Play chaos but still tempted to try and sell the priest for 15 aud to get my money back from buying the MAG.

>who said they justified the price of single figures being so high due to the fact people will only tend to buy one.

Part of me is upset that they're doing this, because it deters people from wanting to buy more than one and convert it to something else.

The other part of me knows that their statement is probably correct, especially for mono-pose minis, and therefore their logic is sound.

Eh, the people who cared abandoned GW long ago, now there's only Stockholm syndrome left.

If you think people will only buy a limited amount of a product, you don't raise the price of the product - you produce less of them.

Well that and Ebay with some chink sellers.

I bought a fuckton of Elysians for dirt cheap

This. I finally was able to build the Krieg army that I have always wanted to have by paying $16 a squad. Chinaman does lower the price of the game a lot. It is below Warmachine at least.

>inb4 GW IDF tells me that I am a thief

Some people just don't like the aesthetic style and settings of games like Malifaux and Infinity. Sorry but there's more to a game than just rules. It might be cheaper and have a better system, but that doesn't matter to the guy who wants to play his massive swarm of Tyranids or uniquely 40k gothic space marines. GW sculpts tend to be a lot better for the art style they chose and the setting is one of a kind and nostalgically comfortable and familiar. Not to mention a lot of players want a large army game, not a skirmish with only a dozen infantry, especially MOBA-tier trash where all the pieces are named characters instead of yourdudes.

Wish they had Tauros and Valkyrie bootlegs for my Elysian army but I didnt find any

I mentioned Bolt Action and Flames of War which are both mass combat games, with the average game of Flames having more guys on the field than 40K. The only game that doesn't support your dudes in the list I gave was Malifaux (Which certainly started before MOBAs became big). I suppose that if you are really into 40K's setting then it is the best miniatures game to get into. I was simply addressing the average joe who whines about GW prices while not considering the options.

how exactly did you make this amazing conversion, dude? I was thinking about using a model like that for my militia ogryns, or maybe as a souped up praetor

The average Joe plays 40k because it is the complete package of a game in everything except rules, which are last on the priority list of an average gamer. It also has community everywhere - you go to any FLGS and there are a dozen guys who play 40k, maybe 3 or 4 playing any of the other games.

I stopped playing the game but I kept my models ill admit seeing my full 1850pt Imperial Fists army on display with Elsyains assisting them is quite sick.

The only wargame game I actually play is some Infinity

And what part about any of those other games isn't a complete package? The lack of skulls? My local store has weekly events for all of the games I mentioned, and several other games including some out of the way ones like Guild Ball. At another store Warmachine is by far more popular than 40K.

I mentioned those other games specifically because of their price, which might matter more to an average joe (Or at least the people in this thread who are complaining about the prices) more than anything.

'Get a job' posts strawmanning how poorfags CAN'T afford US$50 single infantry figs to play Premium Product Pretend when the fact is, adults WON'T pay such ridiculous prices - because only naive children and stupid spendthrifts do that: Precious.

Following-up with a sock puppet concern troll like 'play something else then cheapskate': Priceless.

And the point I'm trying to make to you is that price only counts as a legitimate factor when comparing two things that are almost equivalent. Telling a man who wants to go jetskiing as a hobby that it would be cheaper to play tennis isn't going to convince many to switch. None of these other games sell the lore, the style, and the scale all at once that 40k is selling, most of them don't even come close in one category let alone all of them. And this is coming from someone who thinks modern GW is an exploitative piece of shit company but that doesn't change the fact that almost nothing else I've seen competes with them in quality of the models or the lore, which are the biggest factors in drawing people into tabletop.

Also I should clarify I'm only talking about the 40k IP, age of sigmar is a disaster that will likely not prove sustainable and will basically function as the control to prove my hypothesis.

You migh have been able to make an argument for the universe/lore 10 years ago but it's just embarrassingly awful now, the same as everything else.

>I'm just going to use it as a R&H ogryn, its too big to be used as a commander like i had planned
I was thinking of converting him to pic related...

There is nothing wrong with Slaughterpriest

There are plenty of reviews out there, go look for yourself.

Considering this is plastic and not metal or resin, they may be unable to only produce so many.

>Not to mention a lot of players want a large army game, not a skirmish with only a dozen infantry

Considering the rise of the latter and the decline of Fantasy and supposedly even 40k, I'd say that's debatable. Even GW seems to be thinking that way with the number of board games they've released recently, a new edition of Kill Team, and AoS supporting three different points values and possibly requiring less models.

>especially MOBA-tier trash where all the pieces are named characters instead of yourdudes.

This is also debatable. Further I'll point out that stuff like League of Legends, DOTA2, Overwatch, etc, are popular because people like the characters and don't care about coming up with their own guys. Your dudes only really appeals to people who enjoy being creative and arguably is a remnant of when 40k and Fantasy were RPG like and those types of players weren't outnumbered by people who play video games.

Honestly you could say that 40k hasn't been your dudes for years now. I don't see people giving two damns about the Space Marine Chapter or Chaos Warband they've created, they're more interested in the First Founding Chapters or the Traitor Legions.

How is it really any worse?

I've read a decent amount of the lore for Warmachine, Hordes, Infinity, and Malifaux and while they have good points to them and some of them do certain things better than 40k, none of them has ever come off to me as so much better.

>Honestly you could say that 40k hasn't been your dudes for years now.

Except, you know, still giving you options to make your chapter, your characters, and even lets you use your models for named characters.

>I don't see people giving two damns about the Space Marine Chapter or Chaos Warband they've created, they're more interested in the First Founding Chapters or the Traitor Legions.

Because those people finally have a place to put their shit into use. 30k still lets you do your own thing thanks to different chapters and companies within legions, blackshields, etc.

Just walk away

>Except, you know, still giving you options to make your chapter, your characters, and even lets you use your models for named characters.

Yes, but how many people really give a damn about their own characters and not just how their faction or a part of it does as a whole?

It's still your dudes, but some of the dudes have been subsumed by the greater whole that is a faction within an army.

Horus Heresy is a good example of this because ultimately there is a limit to how creative you can be. You suddenly can't just create a new Legion out of nowhere.

>2nd legion
>11th legion
>blackshields

And lets not get started on Militia.

I don't see how that analogy works when painting miniatures and having them battle is far more comparable to other games where you do the same thing rather than comparing jetskiing to tennis. It's all one hobby. Lots of games have tons of figures on the board, and the quantity of lore doesn't mean that any of it is good. You could make an argument that Flames and Bolt action have "Better" lore because there is a lot written on WWII. It's not as if other companies don't make good models. I personally think that Mierce has been doing fantasy much better than GW ever could for a while (Not the Bane Legions stuff though, I don't even know if they care about that game). People should stop treating 40K as if it is the only option.

In the end the complaint was about the game's price, and as 40K doesn't seem to be on the cusp of changing its pricepoint I think that people who find the price offensive should look elsewhere if that is a dealbreaker.

>I don't see how that analogy works when painting miniatures and having them battle is far more comparable to other games where you do the same thing rather than comparing jetskiing to tennis. It's all one hobby

GW staff believe "the hobby" is buying GW products.

That's because GW make luxury collectibles. They're not a modelling/wargaming company.

That about sums it up

Blackshields aren't exactly a Legion, which I've taken to be among the most popular armies along with Mechanicum, same goes for the Militia and Warp Cults.

The 2nd and 11th Legions are theoretically possible, but you might run into problems depending on how much whoever you're playing against cares about the lore. You're also kind of hobbling yourself since you'd only have access to the generic Legion rules and Rites of War.

The price of skirmish games is arguably offensive considering what you get for your money.

While GW has expensive clampack characters, it also has quality kits where the models are $3-4 a piece.

Yeah, but you need a bunch of those quality kits in order to have a full army. If GW scaled back the game so you didn't need a million figures to play then the game would be a lot more reasonably priced. The clampacks that other companies sell are equivalent to the clampacks that GW sells anyways, and aren't just random grunts.

I did mentioned Darklands, Flames of War, Bane Legions, and Bolt Action in my post, none of which are skirmish games anyways.

>Blackshields aren't exactly a Legion

Since when were we limited to only legions? They're a force specifically built to let you do whatever and have the rules to back it up.

>kind of hobbling yourself since you'd only have access to the generic Legion rules and Rites of War

Since when did making a original chapter, donut steel, let you make your own rules for them instead of using the existing rules? If "not your dudes" = no ability to make your own rules, units, etc., then I think this exchange has come to a dead end.

>Slaughterpriest
Ahm, okay.
>Hackblade
What?
>Wrathhammer
Hahaha what the fuck is this shit?

It annoys me when neets turn up with multiples of figures like this but then cry if i pull out my forgeworld stuff.