EDH/Commander General

Didn't see one, other is at post limit.

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
magiccards.info

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/16-08-16-trostani-tokens/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/29-08-16-salty-sultai/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/angry-xenagos-ooga-booga/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/03-09-16-marchesa-edh/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/06-05-16-karador/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/feldon-smash/
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

EDH fags are disgusting slobs and should extinct themselves immediately

Muh decks:
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/16-08-16-trostani-tokens/

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/29-08-16-salty-sultai/

Give advice if you feel like it. I need some reccomendations on cards that are generally good in commander and can fit multiple decks.

You're not wrong, friendo.

man what were they thinking with leovold

>low-cost commander that can lock out the entire table by turn 4

boy what could go wrong

didn't they learn anything from derevi?

Druids' Repository is a downright underrated card in token decks in my opinion. I've dumped my hand after one good swing many times with it.

hey guys i need some help

i noticed that my xenagos deck was having trouble hard casting creatures, so i put in stuff like garruk, caller of beasts and elvish piper. but then i noticed that as soon as i play those cards, everyone on the board instantly shoots all their spot removal at my shit and then they'll be gone by the time my next turn begins

should i keep them in as removal-bait? or ditch them? i really don't want to cut them out since i did pay like 10 bucks for them.

i can usually get one use off of them (xenagos haste on piper) but i'm still not sure if it's optimal

How's the artifact removal in your meta? You could probably use Quicksilver Amulet in place of Garruk if your opponents don't go for your artifacts often

it's pretty prevalent. also, the bigger problem is that all of my timmy stuff is 6-7 cmc, so idk if cheating fatties is worth it when i could just put in more ramp

Yeah, you're probably right.

Got a list you could post?

sure

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/angry-xenagos-ooga-booga/

it's not fully optimal because i picked cards based on how fun i thought they would be rather than how good people say they are, so i don't have birthing pod or tooth and nail, etc.

I have a Mayael deck, and after 2-3 multiplayer games I noticed Mayael drew a LOT of hate on the table turns 4-5 if I couldn't ramp fast enough to tap her by then.

So I added more ramp, as the deck is the same as yours, nothing but fatties over 6-7 CMC and manadorks.

Add in shit like sylvan scrying, nissa's pilgramage, explosive vegetation, etc. All the green mana ramp you can. Burnished Hart goes a long way as well, a good early blocker and ramp as well.

You've got decent ramp it looks like, if you want more I'd say throw in Burnished Hart, Farhaven Elf, Kodama's Reach, Nature's Lore, stuff like that. Maybe Exploration or Burgeoning if you're feeling adventurous.

yeah i currently have those cards in my "sideboard" since i felt like i had too much ramp. but i guess i do need a shitload of ramp since my best chance of winning is getting a godlike ramp and taking out a player or three within turn 5. xenagos really doesn't seem to do much when his opponents have equal mana

Post them

Is it an asshole move to win with bloodmoon in edh?

Here's my new marchesa deck I just brewed. Any suggestions? Is it shit? What should I change? Some spicy tech I should be aware of?
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/03-09-16-marchesa-edh/

Why is this banned? It doesn't seem bonkers busted. Strong, sure, but not crazy

Gotta get that dwarf tribal ready

Only in rare situations

If all your friends only have 1 deck and that deck happens to be a super casual 5-color deck, THEN using blood moon to win is a dick move

Any other situation is fine

OK

Into the Odric2 you go

RIP turn 1 Sol ring

fucking forgot image

Why, because of Ceremonious Rejection?

Ehh, it's one of those, "have graveyard hate or you lose" cards

Could be unbanned, could stay banned, both would be fine

It's a nnoying that you can't destroy it if they have a creature to sac, so it takes multiple pieces of disruption to stop this one card with huge upside

The banlist of EDH is completely fucking arbitrary. Decided by what one guy and his playgroup deem "fun" or not. If you have a regular playgroup, just ask them if it's okay for you to put it in your deck. Chances are they'll let you.

Why can't you guys crop your fucking images

>he can't appreciate framing

Yeah it is. I love it for some quick on attack mana. Makes combat tricks a lot easier.

>look it up
Holy shit.

Misstep does much the same thing, for free

Rejection hits ANY colorless spell though which is very nice

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/06-05-16-karador/
r8 n h8 boys

Why is Karador tier 1 in competitive multiplayer?

Boonweaver combo

Can you explain? I must be missing something.

>Can only draw one card per turn
>Get extra value from Mine effects
>OH GOD I'M LOCKED OUT BANNED LIST WHEN?

He's a decent stax/control commander, but nothing he does on his own is busted. Dry off.

He really isn't that bad.

Wizards deciding Eldrazi need to go.

>Play Doran

>Play a shit ton of defenders

Pass levels: you shall not

>comes out on turn 2 or 3
>play 1 wheel effect
>everyone now stuck on topdeck mode
>get one (1) looter or forced discard effect
>everyone now has no cards

fun xd

That's not why people are complaining, you dullard.

>t1 shockland, solring
>t2 checkland, exile elven spirit guide play leovold make him hexproof with boots
>t3 land, windfall timetwister days undoing, or fucking dark deal. slam a goyf
GG ez

>first deck I ever made was Athens
>Queen Marchesa comes out and and can do virtually the same thing with better abilities and an added color

Fug, I don't want to take the deck apart but it's probably a better decision.

Athreos*

Thanks phone

You've got some good stuff in there, but you need more ramp and you seem to have forgotten your Asceticism that goes in every single creature based deck with Green in it.

Some suggestions
-Asceticism
-Primordial Hydra
-Asceticism
-Savageborn Hydra
-Asceticism
-Search for Tomorrow
-Asceticism
-Kodama's Reach
-Asceticism
-Archetype of Endurance
-Asceticism
-Tempt with Discovery (And a Nykthos to go with it)
-Asceticism
-Boundless Realms
-Asceticism

I've never been a fan of Piper effects, though. I much prefer ramp.

Not having any duplicate basics in your mono color deck looks so much nicer. It's not hard to do at all, but I'm still glad I spent that extra bit of effort.

Aww, did someone have a deck with Disciple of Kruphix? Hurtums fee-fees?

>Not having any duplicate basics in your mono color deck looks so much nicer.

It does, but don't forget that there's strategy to having all of the same basic lands in your deck.

Boonweaver Giant with any of the following:

Shades Form
Gift of Immortality
Unhallowed Pact

Infinite with any sac outlet, preferably Blasting Station.

Is it just me or are the untap creatures of Lorwyn-Shadowmoor made for janky Depala decks?

I don't see any synergy here

>man a vehicle
>untap
>can fight while driving the vehicle
apparently all the lorwyn hijinks made everyone really good drivers

Not even just the brokenness with wheel effects

Just putting a lightning greaves on him and keeping some counterspells up can make it impossible for your opponents

>hurrr mono white is totally unplayable cuz no card draw
>leovold is totally balanced though, git gud

what are some fun cards to put into Maelstrom Wanderer?

i don't really like the idea of running asceticism because it's an enchantment and i can't tutor for it. i'll be running archetype of endurance instead, which comes with a body, protects itself with hexproof and is tutorable.

one thing i do want to add at some point is more creature tutors (only 4 proper tutors at the moment, a few more pseudo-tutors), but i'm kinda strapped for cash right now so that'll have to wait.

those other things would probably be good too but i don't really feel like i need beaters. i have to struggle for control every time i get a good start so i really need almost all of my creatures for utility reasons. tutoring for creatures is what generally keeps me in the game. bane or progress deals with enchantment/artifact spam, balefire dragon kills token spam, duplicant kills fatties, godo deals with health issues, malignus combos with various things and 1-shots players with no blockers, etc.

even seemingly janky shit like living inferno is extremely clutch in xenagos. you can clear a board full of annoying utility creatures with it, and after you use it once you also have a 16/13 beater and recurrable pseudo-wipe. i'm guessing there would be a better creature to serve its role but i still like it a lot

What does that have to do with Depala at all?

Or rather:
>man a vehicle
>untap
>man another vehicle
>untap
>man another vehicle
>untap

And next turn, all of your token buddies can man vehicles too!

how come all the vehicles suck ass so far

are you retarded? one is literally lightning bolt on a stick

well i haven't seen it so it doesnt exist

It's a new mechanic. One is pretty much a continuous lightning bolt.

I suspect future expansions will have something like this. A new skeleton ship with the mechanic would be cool.

You mean a shitty inferno titan

Anyone have a chance to use Kaya in a game yet? How is she?

If you mean the legendary vehicle, that thing can't hit players.

Going for the "One of each color combination" thing. Also just remembered that I have a Ghave deck, but I never play it because I kind of hate it. Gonna pull it apart.

it looks like inferno titan except

>costs 1 mana less and only colorless
>can't target heroes
>flying
>-1 toughness
>requires that crew shenanigans

ehhh i think i'd rather take the titan instead if i could

oh and it's also an artifact, which is probably bad in edh at least

There is? Something about not giving your opponents information and stuff? What could they glean from peeping a land and knowing it's not the same as another?

If they look at your hand, then you draw a card, and you play a different land, they knew you drew a land. It's minimal effect, but it's there.

>they see your hand
>git probe or whatever
>White-bordered island and some other stuff
>you draw
>you play a black-bordered island
They now know your entire hand.

There's as much artifact hate in EDH as there is creature hate.

And you just self-mill to hit it?

Still looking for any suggestions to go with my version of Feldon.

Really want to build it firmly the first time around, so I know what I can and can't adjust.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/feldon-smash/

yeah but it's both at the same time when it attacks. i guess you could argue that sorcery-speed creature destruction can't touch it, though.

Steel Hellkite and Wurmcoil Engine.

More draw discard effects like Wild Guess and Tormenting Voice are probably good.

Ancient Tomb can go into almost any deck if you have the budget.

Putting Fortune Thief into play in response to lethal damage could be S P I C Y

I think my favorite uses for it are powering the fuck out of Ezuri and Jazal.

Barneyfags die

Man I really don't like your creatures. I know they are just quick beaters that are hopefully going to trample or have their damage doubled, but I think you could lose a few of the redundant ones and add in some higher curve etbers to better abuse feldon.

i haven't played sheldon but i'm just going to recommend some cuts / adds based on having played those cards before

cut
>hellkite charger (really slow and expensive, doesn't do anything ETB, generally dead if you don't already have a good board state, there are better beaters)
>damage doubler enchantments (very winmore, you probably won't win by combat damage, expensive, dead cards if you're losing)
>haste enablers (not sure why you'd need these. you will probably have sheldon out before these guys. but if you think you need them, keep them)
>trample enablers (do you think you will ever have to get through blockers? wouldn't you rather want to kill the blockers instead? i think archetype of aggression is pretty shitty but idk)

add (maybe, not sure)
>more looter effects
>more creatures that control stuff on etb
>more defensive stuff

sorry for vague descriptions, i'm doing something at this moment but i'll have suggestions later

Limited all star.

Oh yeah. Jazal is great when you have the mana. Coat of arms on a stick is hard to beat.

>sheldon
DO NOT BESMIRCH FELDON'S GOOD NAME

>using Goyf in a casual format

user, please. You're better than that.

sheldon "artifact" pooper

rtfc?

Thornbite Staff and Hoarding Dragon would probably be good friends with Feldon

BAZENDIKAR

I'm literally not. I played a blood moon turn 3 against a 5 colored planeswalker deck.

Brutal

Naisu

Oh the humanity!

The thing is, I WANT to win with combat damage. Imy trying to make a different version of Feldon that doesn't rely on the ETB effects to win.

The idea is to play things like Ball Lightning, smash face for double damage, then mill self with Altar and make more fodder with damage. I want all double damage outlets I can get.

Flingers are also welcome.

Then you need to add artifacts and creatures with dying effects. As mentioned above, wurmcoil engine would be a gooder one.

I enjoy thopter assembly alot too personally.

No judge thread up and this is relevant to my EDH deck:

Situation:
I have Tree of Perdition and Ayli on the field.
I tap the tree to swap life totals with someone (say they start with 40 and the tree has 13).
My opponent casts murder on the tree in response to the life swap trigger.
I then sacrifice the tree to Ayli in response to the murder.

Alternatively, what happens if they cast murder then I tap the tree then sac it?

What happens?
How much life do I gain? 13 or 40?

In the first scenario, you would gain 13. The swap trigger is still on the stack, therefore your last sac effect would take place before the trees. In the second one you would gain 40 because you're doing it in response to their spell.