Warhammer 40k General

Who actually has a fully based and painted army edition

>Rules databases
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qatmJtIJAPw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

MOGs as official faction when?

I painted my first nid yesterday, forgot to paint some of his little talons under his made scythes. heres my second one. With blood

What is the 40k equivalent of this album?

Anyone have scans of traitor's hate?

Don't you mean, Space Balls as official faction when?

How are marines supposed to fight in power armored bell bottoms? It seems like it would cause a lot of tripping.

505 points of Orks
lvl 2 weirdboy
11 shoota boyz with, nob, power klaw and a trukk with rokkit
11 shoota boyz with nob and bi shoota
12 tank bustas in a trukk with three squigs

And 495 points of daemons
Herald of Nurgle with mastery level 2, two lesser gifts and a locus of fecundity
11 plague bearers with leader and icon
5 nurglings
3 plague drones with leader, icon, venom stingers and a greater gift

>muh duplicates

if you do the orks with nurgle allies you should totally paint them as plague orks. that would be badass and i've always wanted to do khorne orks but couldn't actually justify buying orks to myself as it takes a LOT of models

What's with the hate towards the Word Bearers? Half the legions were headed towards censure and heresy without Lorgar's help. All Lorgar did was connect the dots and relay his findings.

Nah. We already have half woman half cats, why not half man half dog... wait... shit. Nevermind. see this is why I love 40k, there's as much comedy as there is grimdark

I wish the writers would steer it back toward being a parody/pulpy over-the-top setting instead of trying to justify everything with reason and make it SUPER SRS.
Rule of cool, motherfuckers.

I have over 3000 points of DAngels, Space Hulk and a bunch of guardsmen. I overwhelmed myself, don't even know where to start

what should I take for a minimal tau 1 HQ 2 troops choice

One each IIRC

All unassembled, yet alone painted or based

Fireblade+2 squads of fire warriors

>Edition

Traitor's Hate being shit is ok cos now it's reminded me I haven't highlighted or based any of my conscripts
so I can do that instead of buying new stuff...

>book not even out yet
>SCANS? SCANS? SCANS? SCANS? SCANS? SCANS? SCANS? SCANS?
Why do people do this? You fuckers know the difference between available for preorder and on sale, right? Sometimes we get lucky and a third party store leaks stuff before release, but that doesn't always happen, and definitely doesn't happen one day after it goes up for preorder.

how bad are eldar without finecast?

am I restricted to just wraith host?

Playing my Eldar vs Necrons tomorrow 650pts, no idea what he's bringing. Presumably stuff that's infuriatingly difficult to kill. Is this list ok?

Farseer + jetbike (runes, hoping for Eldritch Storm)

5 Scorps + Exarch with Claw

5 Dire Avengers

3 Shuriken cannon bikes

10 guardians, warlock, starcannon plat

2 vypers, both dual shuricannon

I think he has Orekan, who might be a problem. Any hints or ideas? This is my 3rd game, so I'm a complete noobie.

This is the song I always imagine Noise Marines playing:
youtube.com/watch?v=qatmJtIJAPw

You would lose a lot of flavor but you could still work with jetbikes, tanks, skimmers, war walkers, wraith everything, farseers/autarch etc. etc.
You could do a very good Siam-Hann list

Since Rogue Trader?

>how bad are eldar without finecast?
All of the best units in the codex are plastic.

Why does 40k have the most autistic people playing it? I'm not trying to pick a fight it's an honest question. Every game has it's share of weirdos and social outcasts but 40k seems to have more than it's fair share in the stores I've been in.

Start with the DAngels, you'll feel like you've made a lot more progress when you've painted 30 models and got a field able force rather than when you've painted 50 and can only fill the mandatory troops slot.

Because only people detached from reality can handle so much awesome.

Alternately, because autism and manchildren are often synonymous

>tfw all you do for basing is paint the top of the base brown and go black around the rim

Ive got about 3500 of Dark Angels. All primed with about half fully painted, and 40% with a colour or two.

He convinced world eaters to change their chapter colours, the absolute bastard

The 40k players I've met locally are pretty normal. MTG and yuhioh players are on another planet.

I wasn't expecting anything for Traitor's Hate, and I was still disappointed.

Noob here. I want to play Orks.___ Yes, I know.

Is there a cheap way to assemble a Kill Team without spamming a lot of Boyz? That would take a lot of dough and painting and I plan to be playing in around 2 weeks ish.

the tyrant star. or noise marines.

Does anybody have a PDF of Angels of Caliban?

Grab a Kan or two along with some pricier units
Flash gitz

Most of the 40k players round me also play Yugioh

Swore to myself I wasn't going to play 30k
And then

Only Troops, FA, and Elites in KT.

right, whoops

nobz on bikes with klawz

wish me luck

why the fuck are flash gitz heavy support

FICKING WHY

Same reason heavy bolter devastators are.

Minimal 1 HQ 2 Troops for Chaos Daemons, show me what you got Veeky Forums

Boyz work fairly well in killteams. 2 deffkoptaz and 20 shoota boyz is fun and effective.

Because lorgar is a little bitch who didn't call the emperor out on being the galaxies biggest hypocrite at perhaps the most perfect moment to call emps out, but instead cried like a little bitch, decided that if he can't worship emps he'll worship the exact opposite (proving his faith had no basis besides a desire to worship), proceeded to turn horus, who was most certainly not heading down heresy lane, and then took out all his pent up anger at the ultras, who didn't even want to be at monarchia?

Basically, lorgar did wrong about everything he could possibly do wrong.

>Playing Tau against SM
>LR Redeemer with 6 TH/SS termies bullcharging my Strike Teams
>Stealthteam deepstrike Commander/Shadowsun combo next to it
>4 Pens. Rolled them anyway for giggles, Shaken, Weapon Destroyed, Immobilized and Explodes.
>Pathfinders mark Termies as they come pouring out
>Stealthteam burst cannons/Fusions don't do anything
>Strike Team with Fireblade get BS+2 and land exactly 6 unsaved wounds

And that kind of synergy is why I love playing casual Tau. I only want the same kind of "FUCK YES" moments for CSM once they get an update.

The new Eldrad model gives me hope for other Eldar special characters (namely, the Phoenix Lords) getting plastic models, along with their Aspects.

Warp Spiders deserve new sprues.
If the god damn ruskies who made picture related still had these fucks in stock, I'd be buying them right now.

Are there any info on current tiers, including formations, that raise armies a tier or two?

>Rolled them anyway for giggles
Oh look, it's a Tau player who doesn't actually know the rules episode.

WHERE IS DEATHWATCH CODEX PDF ?

EPUB FORMAT IS WEIRD AND SUPER SMALL

HELP

You know you don't have a choice about rolling to see what pens do, right?
The exact wording in the rule book is:
“you must roll on the Vehicle Damage table even if the vehicle loses sufficient Hull Points to be Wrecked, as there is still a chance that it might Explode!”

My bad then, I'll keep that in mind. It's more or less a defacto houserule for us since we don't leave the wrecks on the table. We just remove them if they are destroyed.

Depending on matchups, wrecks are massively important to the game.

Shittiest house rule I've heard in a long while

The last 3 editions have been 40koversave

Scans are out ?

Anyone know if this is a actual special character or just a kitbash?

Yeah, I wanted to start an Eldar Aspect-based army and was all in until I found out how everything is Finecast.

The Dire Avengers are nice, though.

>well these Rhinos are going to get pasted but have a decent of chance of allowing me to hid a small squad of CSM from the Tau gunline, or at least the special+sgt behind them
>lol nah, we just remove
Good job captain MC/GC army, couldn't let basic vehicles have one small piece of utility they have left.

Yeah alright. Doesn't anyone ever have anything nice to say?

Lorgar did call the Emperor out. He said the Emperor was a god in all but name.

Horus' fall but Erebus' doing (as was Lorgar's).

Lorgar had a grudge against Guilliman after Monarchia but it was more important to prevent the Ultramarines (the largest legion at the time) from reaching Terra.

Lorgar is undeniably a flawed character but I don't understand why people consider him the worst primarch when scum like Curze and Angron are around.

>Assumes I use the cheese
Sheesh, lads. Nitpick city up in here.

I just asked what's good other than that.
Comes up to 210. for 3 models

Find a better epub reader.

>I rolled some good dice with one of the best armies in the game
Do you want us to all fall down in worship or something?

That's a kitbash. Plastic CSM backpack and powerfist. Head from the old chaos mutation sprue. Scythe and arm from an old WHF Nurgle lord on horse.

Ah figured as much, thought it might have be an old Necrosius or whatever.

No, I'm wanting to share a good tabletop moment where I beat some strong odds and failure meant me getting my shit pushed in. I thought we all played and enjoyed these moments, since we all have examples of them. Excuse me for trying to contribute something other than shitposting.

>Who actually has a fully based and painted army edition
Need to update the Tau pic, it's at about 8K now. More guard painted too and I need to take a pic of my Inq and GK.

>Eldar/Tau gloating
>Excuse me for trying to contribute something other than shitposting.

LOL.

A gloat is only a gloat if you did something effortlessly. Go back to school.

These Orks I don't have anymore.

These marines are gone as well.

All of these armies are from 5th edition or later. I don't have any pics of my older armies.

> remove vehicle on an explodes result - yes
> remove vehicle on a wrecked result - no

To be fair, you are playing tau. Even if you brought only standard infantry, you have no real need to move up the board. Most armies don't have that luxury. Removing the wreckage can really fuck over some armies, as LoS blocking terrain is a must if one plans on beating any tau list.

Besides that, good job for not spamming OP shit I guess? What you described isn't anything to amazing, land raiders are shit >inb4 that frogposter still butthurt about that stupid argument shitposts about how they're the greatest thing ever and frankly, termies aren't much better. Good job for winning, wish you hadn't reminded me about how some of the coolest parts of space marines are still utter shit.

CALIBRE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH ?

Idiot.

Posted the wrong pic of my Raven Guard - this is the latest pic.

>Implying Eldar/Tau takes effort.

>Implying someone can't humblebrag about the strongest factions thats ever seen the light of day since at least 3 editions ago.

Nice but your color choices are quite plain, not to say boring. Especially the Knights look bland. The Tau might be just bad lighting.

Tiers, Roughly. (Keep in mind there is some variance in strength in the tiers)
A--
Daemons, Tau, Necrons, Eldar, SM

B--
IG, GK, SW, DA, KDK

C--
BA, Orks, Tyranids, CSM, Dark Eldar.

Seriously impressive.

Warbikers or Stormboys?
(cool factor not strength)

Bikers. Bigger model means more room for red paint.

>Lorgar did call the Emperor out. He said the Emperor was a god in all but name.
That is precisely what lorgar should not have called emps out on.
Remember last church? Remember how emps excused getting rid of religion because it caused all the violence and wars and was nothing but superstition?
Here he was, destroying a beutiful planet because he was pissed off at his most religious son for being his least violent. He had, after getting rid of religion, led the largest war in the history of the galaxy, and orchestrated the largest genocides ever to occur.
Lorgar should have called emps out on this, forcing him to admit that he didn't like religion because he was trying to starve chaos, an admission which would have allowed everyone who actually knew how chaos worked to tell emps he's a fucking retard and his plan was moronic.

That was a far bigger hypocrisy than emps wanting to be treated like a god but not worshipped as one.

Were are the rules for Renegade Knights?

Dark Eldar is not bottom of the bottom anymore.

They have both reliable death-stars with the corpse thieves cheese combos and can MSU with venoms and double CAD anti-tank to fuck the world over.

Also the above + allied wraith knights.

KDK is easily A when allied with Renegades or any psyker heavy ally.

Eldar and Tau is S tier if playing "competative" and A+ when casual.

Space Marine Superfriends make their competative lists S tier as well.

Yes, the Taufag in question had to roll dice because his army doesn't have a rule that lets him just say he killed everything in line turn.

Every roll has a 1/6 chance of failing, regardless of modifiers. He clearly overcame said odds.

Thank you.
What about AdMech\Skitarii? Including their formations, if they have any that change their tier.

War Convo puts them up with the best of the best in S tier.

Stormboyz. Giant rocket packs flying across the board.

Stormboyz are funnier.

Tempted to start a chaos / chaos space marine
little warband

Already ordered the new chosen that came with Dark Vengeance and I was thinking of using picrelated as troops, as regular ones suck and need an update.

Maybe Word Bearers?

No, War Convo with drop pod cheese was S tier, not on the same level as maximum overdick Eldar and Tau but pretty nasty.

Regular War Convo is firmly A tier.

Daily remind that the triptide wing is both fluffy and fair to field in a competitive game.

looks good. I like the blood

chaos knights are on the fw page. not renegade, better, but only paladin/errant
renegade will be in traitors hate and were in the knight box which is sold out

Word Bearers are bae. And holy shit do those models look sweet.

I think I'm gonna take a couple orks I'm not doing anything with and try to paint them with a Nurgle twist while I've got a few days off

Although I will admit that the new Secutarii Peltasts are fucking insane for their price. The possibility of a 20 man squad shitting out S3 ignores cover small blasts is delicious.