Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Friendly reminder to tell us what 3pp your game allows if you need character building help.

What is the best alchemist archetype and why is it Beastmorph so that you can be an uguu~ weeb kemonomimi and still be optimal?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warriors playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1dX4UYdtwTQKhY71Q45IHLtcu193zq1ZO5jHQ5_PnTl8/edit

Bloodforge: Infusions playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit

Legendary Vigilantes playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1zHRZyaMh_QwWcQ-ROGCjQyCdflD6cbm9VdEOJMpC06I/edit#
d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-weapons/magic-weapon-special-abilities/impact
youtube.com/watch?v=UMmAPCwJ7cs
youtu.be/6yzQk-68rGo?t=3m57s
youtube.com/watch?v=OMPyhPuyw_o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I want to marry someone who can craft a club in the bilge of a wooden ship.

I want to marry a fluffy tail.

What race would this be in Pathfinder?

What race makes the best cleric?

Guys, what is your favorite non-natural-armor amulet?

Dwarf. They have decent stats for them, and you can't pull any weebshit with a dwarf.

mighty fists?
I like natural weapons

Dwarf is one of the better ones, actually. your channeling takes a hit due to the charisma penalty, but the race has a lot of support (including the absolutely wonderful Steel Soul feat) and a +2con/+2 wis for stats.

another really good choice would be Tiefling, as devilspawn tieflings have the same stat loadout as dwarves and get access to the tiefling only Fiendish Vessel archetype. If you take Pact Servant, you can even be a Fiendish Vessel as a Lawful Neutral character.

i was seriously considering dwarf, my choice was between dwarf or syrinx, because flying and bird-speak

Should I go with cestus for that 19-20x2 or now that my unarmed strikes are 1d8 isn't worth it?

Tell me about your games user. Fucking lay all the cool shit you've done on me. I want to feel the excitement and wonder you felt during your game. Regale me with stories of your older games if you have to, hell, tell me about the plans you have for games that you might start soon.

Just let me pretend that mine didn't meet this week.

doesnt cestus just take 1d8 for damage if you already do 1d8 with unarmed?

No, errata says fuck you monks you deal 1d4 even if you're 50th level char.

Dward of Oread depending on whether you want the bonus on Con or Str.

Started a 2 man Iron Gods campaign featuring a vigilante named THE PHANTOM (entire character directly stolen from the comic), and an android techslinger.

THE PHANTOM is my character, and a majority of my time has been spent getting caught while trying to hide bodies (of random thugs), and now the entire town thinks I'm a serial killer.

Base aasimar. Bonus to Wis/Cha, no downsides. Energy resistance to help with your shitty reflex, bonus to the two most useful skills in the game, and darkvision. It doesn't get much better than that.

fuck that, if the erratas were canon to me, I'd kill myself for what they did to Scarred Witch Doctor.

Fuck their erratas, do what you want.

How do you handle low-strength Small characters with damage penalties?

OOOH I really like forgemaster for dwarves.

Are the runes worth the lack of channel?

Isn't that just a Catfolk or Agathion-Blooded Aasimar?

>You can't pull any weebshit with a dwarf
The iconic Samurai from 3.5 was a dwarf, and dwarves can very easily be related to the Japanese mindset.
>Old, storied belief and culture that resists change from external forces while constantly evolving internally
>Grand advancements in architecture and technology
>Fascinated with the smithing of specific weapons
>Focused on honor, family duty, and vengeance

I put them in a sack and drop it in the river.

OH using them?

as a club.
OT: Bows, give them bows.

I have to follow what my GM says, and my GM uses erratas

Random thought of the day while waking up.

Homer Simpson has REALLY good Charisma.

He's your mentally disabled bard with a heart of gold.

>Cha: 20
>Int: 6

No, no. Homer Simpson is a 20th level Mythic Commoner.

>Homer is a shonen protagonist

>says it's wrong
>provides no further elaboration
>mfw

>Unironically likes Aasimar
>Posts an Undertale reaction image
Fucking poetry

I mean it's true.

Everyone in town knows him, he's a good singer, songwriter, and voice actor...

Don't need to like a race to say what makes the best race for a class. Or are you so stupid you didn't even read the original question?

And he's led groups of people into action a number of times.

I find them better, at least for dwarves. Remember Dwarves get a penalty to Charisma, which means your Channel is kind of going to suck anyway (you'll be getting 2 less uses per day than a race with a +2 Cha). So trading out Channel for Runes (which are based off of Int) is a good trade up, especially since investing in Int is inherently better than Charisma anyway.

>complains about answer
>doesn't understand the fucking question

It's actually very easy to make a weeb dwarf.

>Unironically samefagging

Sounds good.

I now know my class, what god goes best with this, and should I bother investing levels into evangelist?

>Dwarf

If I want to build a Witcher...

What use?

>photoshopping

A witcher is a human with a custom template that gives it improved attributes, fast healing, immunity to disease and darkvision.

The closest class to a Witcher is slayer/investigator.

I don't think you can stack forgemaster and evangelist, nor can you take two variants of the same class at the same time.
Torag (THE LAW) looks like the main choice in base golarion, but you can always go "MAGIC ROONS LADDIE" and just not pick one. Make sure to throw the DM some bones for where you were trained and the organisation that trained you if you if you do so.

prestige class evangelist, not cleric archetype

sorry, should have clarified.

Alternately, Brigh, and try to make the son/daughter you never had, or just mechanical birds and stuff, it's all cool.

Or yes, even a robowaifu. You sick fucks.

I'm considering running Strange Aeons online, although the time investment to set up an AP on Roll20 is quite a bit for a game full of random assholes pulled from here. Not to mention I'd be running two games simultaneously at that point.

Hey, few changes in the playtest to the Mercurial Duelist:

>Anima Blade now gives scaling damage
>Finesse Blade/Spiritual Duelist are no longer talents, you choose one at 3rd level
>Ancestral weapon replaces the 1st level social talent

Overall, I think it makes the class less talent starved early, even if you have to wait until 3rd level to either get dex to damage (like a dirty unchained rogue).

My mutagenic mauler smashed a feral gnasher barbarian to death with a bed.

Which adventure path is the one where your character can end up turned into a clone of the evil lust wizardess? I've heard people vaguely mention it and I hadn't realized Greenwood did work on Pathfinder.

Shattered Star.

>anima blade now gives scaling damage
>scaling base damage dice
>on an archetype all about increasing base damage

You fucking madman. I LOVE IT. The only problem is that it prevents familiars, meaning if I gestalt it fucks up a character I want to try.

So DDS is doing a playtest of the new Darkness sphere related handbook.

Archetypes for a bunch of classes, new talents, items etc.

Seems decent but I've learned that I am a terrible judge of such things

docs.google.com/document/d/1zHRZyaMh_QwWcQ-ROGCjQyCdflD6cbm9VdEOJMpC06I/edit#

Part 2, I think.

If I play a Trox can I grapple and hit the grappled opponent with my main arms?(relatively new to pathfinder)

I'd play.

Totally into that shit.

Also I'm only slightly an asshole.

So how the heck does does the MD consider the prices of enhancement bonuses he pays for on his Anima Blade? Does the innate bonus get added on at the end, and he starts adding as though it had nothing?

That was something I considered, but when I ran the numbers with the sample character I made (highest original damage was 1d8/2d4 for a 1 hander), and it felt fair to let them go up higher. I almost want to make anima blade a base part of the class, but I think I'll avoid that for now.

See: and Shattered Star book 2: Lady's Light. There's a bunch of stupid shit before it, but it's right at the start of the "actual beginning of the book".
Still haven't calmed down. I should have said no when asked if I was good to go this weekend.

I should have clarified that it doesn't gain the enhancement bonus, although I think I'm going to bring back the treasure sacrifice mechanic, since I really liked that.

Well, if the Anima Anima blade talent doesn't get the ability to add onto the blade's innate enhancement bonus, then you should probably let it get a "totally not arcane pool"-pool. Preferably with this on it: d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-weapons/magic-weapon-special-abilities/impact

you'll need improved grapple, maybe greater improved, cant remember.

But that should be feasible.

New players are advised to avoid 4 armed races.

Clarified that the anima can be enhanced by the new treasure destroying ancestral weapon ability, which mirrors the old Rokugan Samurai.

Need class suggestions, I have no idea where to start.

Exiled Tianese noble, who murdered her sister in a fit of rage and has since gone hard on showing no emotion at all to avoid anything like that ever happening again.

>the part she's avoiding is the getting exiled
>bodies of relatives keep turning up wherever she goes

What's the whole story. I read your posts but i don't have a full clue of what's going on.

Barbarian, obviously.

I'm talking about something I mentioned from last thread. Which I'm still trying to not get ass blasted about, but the other player is making this difficult.

Bloodrager, turns out the family has a little demon blood from back in the day and she got... like, all of it.

Alchemist (Natural philosopher) trying to perfect an eternal life elixir by making a poison so deadly it causes a stack overflow error (Yes, this was really a thing) and really needs to stop drinking concoctions involving cinnabar.

Medium/spiritualist/summoner/etc. haunted by the sister.

trox actually have 6

They still have 4, just 2 more, my statement stands.

What feats complement a Dwarven Forgemaster Cleric of Torag?

Summarize your playstyle with one youtube video
youtube.com/watch?v=UMmAPCwJ7cs

I know that, but how did it start. All i know is it involved a new body?

youtu.be/6yzQk-68rGo?t=3m57s

i hate to keep asking questions but how would i play monk as a trox

Opinions on Skald?

>new body
>assblasted
I knew somebody liked Crag.

you really really wouldnt.

My character failed his saves for the Sorshen trap and would have ended up with the new body. Another player got hardcore triggered because "HE'S IN A BODY HE'S NOT COMFORTABLE WITH!" and threw a fit until the DM made me doublecheck my modifiers for the hundredth time.

youtube.com/watch?v=OMPyhPuyw_o

craft arms and armor

So, a bad thing happened and someone got hella trig'd.

Just remember that next time literally anything bad happens to that player.

Natural attacks and flurry don't stack like you're thinking. Go druid or a fighty class instead.

they get that for free at level 3

A straight upgrade from the Bard and Barbarian, but very campaign specific and an odd bastard of the two classes

I really like it. It's what I never realized a bardbarian could be.

>A Devouring Hole can sense the presence and location of all bags of holding within 60 ft. It will attempt to devour a nearby bag of holding, or the creature carrying it, unless instructed not to by its creator. The outcome is the same as if a Bag of Holding were placed inside a Portable Hole.

This monster is a TPK in a jar.
There are so many ways adding one to an encounter could go wrong.

how about bloodrager?

>Current group I'm in is awesome
>Schedule fucks up my playtime every 2-3 weeks

10/10, would laugh at nerds again.

After all, bob over here identifies as livegender so even SEEING undead is screaming at his face that he's a worthless piece of shit that deserves no rights, and you are all hitlers combined for having had them fight a pair of zombies.

>Your hitlers combined, I am Captain Privilege.

>GM told us his fetish/magical realm
>Everyone has the fetish
>He still won't do it

Seems like a professional.