Warhammer Fantasy Battle Thread

Last Thread: We'll never get Gate Battles Edition

>1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook (Hardback).pdf

>Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
>Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

ENDHAMMER DEVELOPMENTS: It's monday in Central Europe, and the new Elf Idea is leading with 32 votes, coming in second is Current Endhammer with 15 Votes.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/LozQk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>HERR

kek

New settlers came to your hold, you see this dawi, what to to do?

How exactly does Malekith have sex while sealed in that armor? Does morathi cast a glamour around him so he doesn't look gross and scarred?

codpiece

He has detachable codpiece.

Give him a fucking proper weapon like an axe and tell him to have a nice fucking day. Or night. Whatever, no judgements.

>Lets assist the Westerland against Vampire scum
>find out Vlad has 63k troops under his command

CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES

>Best CK2 Mod

on 2.4.5 of the game it was, now it's just an imbalanced mess.

Vlad bloated in all the empire within 5 years on each of my playthroughs, the AI always aims to fuck you up no matter what, and Levies are fucking tiny, and faction that uses events to spawn it's troops fucks your shit up royally.

Gotta play the von Bildhofen dynasty and birth Magnus into glory. You're fucking up if you don't know that.

Given that there was no choice over 50%, are we gonna Parliamentary Coalition this and add stuff from the top two choices, or is it simple majority?

there isn't a lot to coalition the two top choices.

I fear we'll have to take the simple majority and work any necessary changes into the chosen version.

Steps to Magnus:

1. Start as Nuln-dude.

2. Land a houseless nobleman. He will be the first of the "von Bildhofen" family.

3. Save game.

4. Quit game.

5. Load Nuln game as von Bildhofen character.

6. ???

7. Profit and reunify the Empire in a few generations as MAGNUS THE PIOUS.

What vidya is that in the corner??

>Vlad bloated in all the empire within 5 years on each of my playthroughs,

Story time? Tell us more. I've never played it because I can't find a fucking download of the mod that doesn't require an account.

romance of three kingdoms 11

sorry it's almost 3am, not today.

good luck going against Vlads rape machine with some bumfuck count.

You take over Wissenland first. Not entirely lore friendly for Magnus, but it's a way to get in the game

so you have wissenland, granted you can get anywhere at all as a count before your liege has you disposed for various reasons or Vlad has already taken over the whole empire.

what's next, with wissenland, you get about 4-6k levies, at best, what's your next step? take over reikland? fat chance at that.

Fat chance? Try it!

>“To think, I once thought you might do that yourself,’ Sigmar said. Archaon hesitated. Sigmar smiled sadly. ‘Diederick Kastner, son of a daughter of the Empire. You could have been the sword that swept my land free of Chaos forever. In a better world, perhaps you have. But here and now, you are nothing more than another petty warlord.”

Earlier in the book Valten tells Archaon that Ghal Maraz was meant for him. What if Be'lakor didn't have retarded retconing powers? What if Diedrick Kastner actually became the savior of the empire? What would such a world look like?

He wouldn't be a match to Karl.

This is why I like the idea of Sigmar defeating Archaon. The verminlord killsteal never fit the mood of the story.

Nor did Grimgor's bitchslap. While funny, it was simply a concession to the fact that Games Workshop based Storm of Chaos on reported-player battles and everything had gone nuts and Chaos had performed incredibly poorly.

Grimgor should have handled the dorfs and skaven.

Don't get me wrong. The idea of Archaon and Grimgor fighting isn't bad, in and of itself. It's just incredibly off-putting coming after an epic duel with Valten and Luthor Huss.

Funny? Yes. But I much would have preferred a challenge between Archaon and Grimgor one-on-one. Of course, this would force Games Workshop to decide who's the better fighter (which they are loathe to do, loving to say both of them are the BEST AND MOST DEADLIEST FIGHTER EVER and then never having them meet on equal footing).

Anyway, I think it's far more fitting for Archaon's fate for him to fight and be put down by a humble blacksmith's son from Reikland. Diedrick Kastner, himself an orphan who found purpose and glory as a Templar of Sigmar and ultimately turned from his fate because of hubris and shame and a sudden (if decidedly stupid and seemingly driven by arrogance and fear of impurity) crisis of faith... undone by a blacksmith's boy with a fancy hammer and a deep love for his people.

I feel that Chaos should have turned upon itself towards the end and all the best champions all decide they are hot shit and split off leaving Archaon's army crippled. Hubris. Archaon then, no matter how many gifts he has, is overwhelmed and finally laid low. Meanwhile, Grimgor pushes the dorfs back and decimates the skaven that try to move in, then moves over the mountains and is stonewalled by the vampires. Said vampires find the Empire knocking on the other side and they fizzle out. Grimgor is crippled by a decisive and lucky strike which renders his fighting ability much reduced. He is forced to retreat and all these warbosses see he is weak and challenge him time and again, he slays them all until he dies of exhaustion and the WAAAAAAGGGHHH! collapses into infighting over leadership and finally disperses.

So, Luthor Huss is Grand Theogonist in Endhammer (presumably because Volkmar's dead and the Arch Lector who wanted him excommunicated is probably dead too, and Huss is the only Sigmarite left of note). But did he get attacked by the vampires? Is there any sign of this? What's he been up to? How's he taking Valten's death?

Does he get new rules/stats as Grand Theo? What's he doing for Luitpold?

Assuming Kastner doesn't take something like 200 years to realize his role as the Champion of Sigmar, he'd probably have fixed everything long before Karl Franz was born. Karl would have inherited an empire free of chaos cults, the beastmen of the forests would be broken, and there wouldn't be the looming threat of an imminent chaos invasion from the north. the empire could focus its might on either expanding, helping the dwarfs with the skaven problem, or cleansing sylvania.
Not grimderp enough. 3/10 would not play

Valten makes for a pretty good hero character, and I really don't feel like he got the spotlight he deserved.

In some ways he's classic - from humble origins and all the goodness that entails, hoisted up into a destiny far larger than himself, but he takes to it with a will. It's kind of like Percival from Arthurian myth, only in this case he has a more obvious antithesis - that being Archaon.

I fucked up his armor and painted it gold on my model. :(

I will say I'm amenable to him being a 'king under the mountain' sort of character in Endhammer, though I feel like he's the kind of character who, once the great evil is defeated, should die as well. Perhaps more should be written for his epic duel with Archaon in Endhammer, as well as his death and all the survivors of Endhammer who witness it.

Speaking of, seeing as the Battle of Middenheim ends in Empire victory, which of our heroes lives and dies? I'm assuming Gregor Martak lives (given that he died after absorbing Ulric, which doesn't happen in Endhammer). In which case, this sets him up for a magic duel with Gelt at some point.

>just a boy with a fancy hammer
The kid was beating plague bearers to death with his bare hands and managed to hold out against a greater daemon alongside Vlad, one of the best duelists in the setting. He may have had humble origins but it's pretty clear he was the closest thing Sigmar had to a greater daemon/chaos lord and not just some normal dude

In wich book that described?

The artists couldnt decide on whether he was Blond with golden armor or dark haired with silver armor. Most SoC art has him as the later, while endtimes has him in golden armor and with flaxen hair

ET Nagash during the defence of the Auric Bastion. Valten shows up with normal blacksmith hammers that he able to infuse with his own power. After these break he goes around punching his way through the daemon hirde before looking at the GUO and realizing he might need a better weapon to harm it. Vlad indirectly gives him one of the slain Elector counts rune fangs, then the 2 of them fight to drive the greater daemon back into the breach in the bastion

This is dumb. Back to Storm of Chaos.

Man is Vlad as utterly broken in the tabletop, as Total War Warhammer? Not only is he a wrecking ball, The guy is some kind of tactical genius....

t. mannlet

>tfw karl franz literally died for our sins

Nah. CA overpowered him for the memes. Just download the "better guns" mod (which makes them slower to reload, but longer range and better armor piercing), grab a pair of gunners or thunderers, and focus them on Vlad.

Turns out vampires have three weaknesses: sunlight, silver, and large amounts of fast-moving lead.

>not just taking a unit of cannons and sniping the leaders holding the VC armies together

In SoC he beat 100 beastmen using only blacksmith hammers, took a cleaver to the stomach that should have killed him, then beat the beastlord singlehandedly. Valten was always closer to men like Sigmar or Gilles, he was never "muh normal dudes" in either timeline. And if you think his stat line in SoC is supposed to represent a normal man, then I'll have what you're smoking.

His body lives.

I prefer the SoC storyline to the dumb End Times "lol, vlad gives him a runefang and he fights at the auric bastion"

>stupidly inaccurate cannons that don't even have grapeshot

k.

>>>/aosg/

>muh Grapeshot
>why can't I use cannons in melee :(((
idiot.

>inaccurate
>in TW:W

Pls.

Grapeshot =/ cannons in melee. Da fuck are you talking about?

Its like you don't want to preserve his Holswig-Schliestein lineage in former everqueen's hips.

I don't see how that's anymore lol than literally anything else in Warhammer lore

>lol karl gives him a hammer, the elves give him a horse, the dwarfs give him some armor and then they fight at middenheim lol"
>lol the slann tried to realign the continents and ended up destroying the dwarf empire lol
>lol Malekith didn't become king so he started a 6000 year civil war that resulted in the deaths of billions lol
>lol Settra didn't want to die so he founded the mortuary cult to bring him back lol

>lol the slann tried to realign the continents and ended up destroying the dwarf empire lol

Around toads, never be repose'd.

Hey guys, been gone for a few days. Any new Endhammer stuff besides the elves?

I wonder how the dwarfs would react if they found out their fall was the result of he slanns failed experiment

Anger and blood rage, the same way they react to basically anything else bad that happens?

>implying that is even remotely the same thing.

The brightest stars burn out the quickest. RIP in peace sweet emperor.

Nah, mate. That's been the focus. Still waiting to see some good Toom Kangz, Skaven, Dwarf, or Lizard shit.

Isn't that Woodelf you posted a lesbian, and more importantly, a rapist?!

>we get the swansong of warhammer fantasy
>all the drawfags and writefags are ded.

Look, I won't deny there are a lot of things about those hips that I would want to preserve. But you know it's not the same. Everything that was the old world is dead in AoS, no matter what excuse for old models they use. There's no Empire or Bretonnia or Norsca or Athel Loren or anything, and the people certainly aren't the same.

>dat face
>dem cheekbones
>dat posture
>dem fluffy pants

HOW CAN ELVES EVEN COMPETE?

Why elves? First, they are taller than him. They also look better.

t. finubar

t. buttblasted human
What an awesome, intelligent and civil way to argue.

I am sorry, who became the living vessel of a god and who got cuckolded and killed by 1 bloodletter again?

>t envious, dirty human
Can we end this shit show now?

>gets btfo
>"y-you are envious"
Its alright finubar, at least you still have ulthuan
oh wait.

>>gets btfo
No user, you brought up Finubar for no reason other than knowing that you can shit on him. I didn't bring up elves, I also didn't bring up Finubar and won't play your childish game.

>at least you still have ulthuan
>oh wait.

fuckin' savage m8

Finubar is also the political ruler of elvendom and supposed to be one of the greatest phoenix kings who made elves far more relevant. He is also a cuckold and got assassinated by a red dude with a trident.

So basically Alarielle after end times.

I am drawfag and i want to draw KFC, Morathi and Alarielle.

He will forever be alive in vidya.

>So basically Alarielle after end times.
what?
Also get to work.

Lost pic.

>t. cock gobbling faggot
Again, I will not defend something that I didn't bring up. You pointed at him without him being ever part of this pointless argument and certainly not part of my "argumentation", because you were able to remember this little facet of the lore.
Do you actually get paid by Sega to shill for Karl or is it that other faggot?

imgur.com/a/LozQk

Here's some artwork from the 1999 bret army book you guys might like.

>Stop shilling for Karl
>elves are superior!
>SHILL

You are the only buttmad retard here.
The last emperor of the empire leads his forces out to defend the empire and fights to the bitter end and his body is inhabited by a god

The last ruler of the high elves is killed in bed by a red devil with a curly tail and trident.

In terms of rulers the Empire >>>>>>>>>> Elves.

She went crazy, cut her arm and raised new Drycha from it or something while looking like slutty greek goddess.

I know dude.

>>elves are superior!
Why is your whole argumentation based on things I never said?

>You are the only buttmad retard here
You are the one with an unhealthy obsession with elves. You brought them up first. Not me. Now stop being so tsundere and take some long, gracefull elf dick in your ass to get over it.

>tfw artist who drew this Wayne England died this year.

>projecting this hard

You brought the elves are superior bullshit when all I wanted to talk about was KF's cheeks that could cut through armor.

pretty cool
mind if I save it?

>Now stop being so tsundere and take some long, gracefull elf dick in your ass to get over it.
I can deal with this.

Sure.

>She went crazy, cut her arm and raised new Drycha from it or something while looking like slutty greek goddess.

She cut her arm off to birth the Lady of Vines, not Drycha.

She had the soul seed of Drycha planted in a place of shadow and evil so that that wickedness of that place would make her the perfect weapon. The new Drycha incarnation has the fragmented memory of the old Drycha + the taint of evil of her birth place + a hurt daughters love and spite for her mother.

Basically she is now a teenager on a permanent tantrum.

>Basically she is now a teenager on a permanent tantrum.
yikes

Ok here's an idea for Endhammer Dwarves.

The Dwarves are, once again, rebuilding, and for once the situation is not so dire they can't make progress.
The majority of orcs and Goblins of the mountains are either dead or moved under Grimgor hen he launched the definitive WAAAAAGH! against the world, and with him either died or moved north to wreck chaos shit.
The Skaven almost managed to achieve victory, but their infighting and bickering proved once again their demise. A simple quarrel between clan skryre and clan moulder escalated to the point that the clan moulder sabotaged the skryre's doom device, blowing up half of skavenblight with it. Many skaven through the world immediately ran at their captal to fight over the spoils of clan skryre and Moulder. Thanquol, in a strange mood for common sense and cunning plans, managed to exploit the chaos to get rid of his rivals in the council of the thirteen and bribe the others so that he could reach a position of prominence inide the council.

This gave the ddwarves some breathing space and they finally managed to reorganise. First thing they did is rtake mount silverspear, in a bloody but finally successful siege. Thorgrim, now too pissed off to play games, won the day by literally annihilating the old dwarf fortress, almost levelling up the mountain with cannons to get rid of the gobbos. The plan, albeit very costly, succeded and the old fortress is back in dwarf hands.
Karak Eight Peaks is seeing some changing. With Squeek leaving to return to skavenblight, it gave more space for the goblins under skarsnik to spread out, but also gave Belegar's dwarfs new routes to seal the deepest tunnels.

>implying Karl Franz is even close to Settra
>taller, stronger and more handsome than KFC
>golden armor, blessed by the gods, not shitty black plate armor
>ride around in fancy magical chariot, not on oversized chicken
>nehekaran so he probably had a horse cock
>vast harem of the finest women from around the world
>most competent human leader to ever exist in the setting
>conquered much territory even though elves and dwarfs were still in golden age
>kin because he was badass, not because faggots voted him in

How does Karl Franz even compete?

>>>/asoiafg/

>Implying Settra the Perishable could ever be as badass as PRINCE AND EMPEROR Karl Franz I
>Has actual big meaty dick and not dried chunk
>Wasn't resurrected by weakling chaos gods but by his own god
>Direct descendant of said god
>Swag as hell royal dress with regal cloak, lion heads and griffon helm
>Fashioned in spite of roman emperor, romans>>>faggot egyptians
>Has proven himself to be ruler in TWW by defeating all counts
>Pimp ass big WAR HAMMER
>His steed loves him and not queer puppet undead
>united Empire, High Elves and Dwarfs in final battle against chaos multiple times (if you include Age of Reckoning, Storm of Chaos and End Times)

How miserable skelie can even compete?

Diedrrick Kastner is a bitch.

I need sauce.

Echidna from Queen's blade .

ty

>want to field big Karl Franz in my Empire army
>don't want to buy his griffon model since I wouldn't use the griffon

life is pain when you want to defend that smile

>ded and rotten skelefag
>afraid of dying
>compete

make him commander of a steam tonk
Panzerkommandant Karl Franz

Pretty sure he's just a mommy's boy that cuddles.