Pokemon Quest #158

Clash Of The Titans Edition

Archive: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Gobble
Twitter: twitter.com/GobbleQM
Pokemon, items, and summary: pastebin.com/tSNKt0Wm
FAQ and general concepts: pastebin.com/Ht1Q5E1p
All guides, player knowledge, and smutty stories: pastebin.com/u/Gobblepokemon

Themes: youtube.com/watch?v=6Y-ad_74T08
Quest theme: youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1422579428&v=YW9QKy6oDkE&x-yt-cl=85114404

Recently: You've stopped Hornbeam and his mad plan to reshape the world, but now Violet, the former champion, looks like she may be turning on you with her mega-evolved Mewtwo

General rules:

There is a 10 minute voting period after each post. Non-contradictory votes will be combined as best as possible.

Write-ins for all votes are always welcome and encouraged. They may not all make it into the post or be altered to fit in, but I'll do my best to at least try to address the spirit of the write-in.

Very important or contentious votes may be redone in a stricter voting system as it comes up.

Combat involves rolls! Once there's a clear vote winner, we roll for the move accuracy/crit/secondary effect. Usually it's just three 1d100s. Sometimes you can get a modifier from circumstances, so be creative! Add flair, do tricks with moves, mess with terrain, whatever! This is not a video game. Weak moves tend to be quicker.

Call me out on a mistake and receive an apology butt or suggestive picture.

Badges: 10

Pokemon on you:
Aria (Meloetta)
Oberon (Garchomp)
Destiny (Kingdra)
Fel (Butterfree)
Zappy Dan (Magnezone)
Devon (Houndoom)

PC Box:
Raistlin (Alakazam)
Trunks (Trevenant)
Leviathan (Gyarados)
Vlad (Crobat)
Nibbles (Tyrantrum)

New thread and new Pokemon Hype!

“Think about it, Kat. We can use that power for good. We can remake the world. Not the way he wanted, but the way that’s best for our Pokemon.”

Your Pokemon are all out, taking defensive stances against all of hers.

“I know what you’re going to say. Yes, using it will likely hurt Giratina and Palkia and probably Dialga, too. It’s a one time sacrifice. We’ve made so many, we just need to make one more. You’ve destroyed enough that we probably only have one shot at this. But as long as they’re in this lab and conscious, we can use it.”

Mewtwo keeps its eyes focused on you., impatient for your response.

“We need to hurry, Kat. Before Robin either wins...or loses.”

You glance to Robin and the others battling the legendary Pokemon. They have it on the ropes for now.

>”I can’t let you do that.”
>No point in talking, have your Pokemon attack and seize the initiative
>”Fine, I’ll use the helmet” (Go and pick it up)
>Try to convince her that using it is wrong
>Something else

>”Fine, I’ll use the helmet” (Go and pick it up)
Then break it.

I'm sure this'll work out!
Also starting just as I'm going to sleep is mean.

>>”I can’t let you do that.”
>You're JUST like Hornbeam. Two sides of the same coin. His for Humanity above all else, your side for Pokémon above anything else. You both create a world in your mind where one cannot live along with another. You're both blinded by you hatred to the point you cannot accept the world that is. You're blind and you both would inflict upon everyone else.

>"No single human OR Pokemon has the right to decide what the world should be like for everyone."

seconding both of these

"You're not gonna do that Violet. The biggest difference between you and Hornbeam is that while Hornbeam peddled his human supremacy, he didnt really care about people either. You do though, you care so much you can hardly bear it. Are you really going to impose your judgment on these of all Pokémon?"

How's your week, Gobble?

Changing
to

I don't think comparing her to Hornbeam is a good idea, because she's just plain not as much of a shitty person as him. Also should we try and talk to Mewtwo as well?

That's a good angle to use.

Specify that she cares about pokemon, I feel like she does care about people too, but don't bring that up now, I don't think.

So if things go south we have Devon melt the helmet, right?

Yup.

I dig this

>>qst
There's a board specifically for these

Sounds good to me.

“I can’t let you do that.” Your Pokemon form around you, ready to protect and fight. “You're just like Hornbeam. Two sides of the same coin. His for Humanity above all else, your side for Pokémon above anything else. You both create a world in your mind where one cannot live along with another. You're both blinded by your hatred to the point you can’t accept the world that is. You're blind and you both would inflict that on everyone else.”

She rolls her eyes. “Yes yes. A lot of things we have to do are wrong. Do you think I enjoyed being champion, doing...the things I’ve had to do to protect Pokemon from humans? Of course not! But it’s for the greater good, Kat. Surely you can see that. You helped me free Regirock from that awful trainer. You know that there are thousands of situations like that right now. How can you let that happen when you can fix it?”

"No single human or Pokemon has the right to decide what the world should be like for everyone. We all decide it together. So you're not gonna do that Violet. The biggest difference between you and Hornbeam is that while Hornbeam peddled his human supremacy, he didn't really care about people either. You do though, you care so much you can hardly bear it. Are you really going to impose your judgment on these of all Pokémon?"

She hesitates. Mewtwo looks back at her with a flash of disapproval. She turns back to you, shaking off her doubt. “What about you, Kat? What would you do, if you could change things?”

You can’t help it. Your mind comes up with an image and you...

>Think about having been raised in a loving family
>Think about never having Robin lose an eye
>Think about ending all abuses of Pokemon
>Think about protecting your friends from any disasters in the future
>Think about having an ice cappuccino right about now
>Think about looking prettier, being smarter. Being a better you
>Something else

>>Something else
knock up Robin

>Think about taking things one day at a time, just like we have been. All the good and the bad, they made us and our friends who we are.

They're delicious.
But yeah, obviously nothing. But that's not really the point - Kat's got it pretty gud, but even if she was the most miserable person on the planet that doesn't give her any more right to change things for everyone in the world based on her own whims. That's the other, lesser issue - anything done with the helm here would be poorly thought out and risk massive unintended consequences too.

I like this one.

>Violet, I'd really be careful around Mewtwo, seems he's the one controlling you.

>>Think about having been raised in a loving family
>>Think about never having Robin lose an eye
>>Think about ending all abuses of Pokemon
>>Think about protecting your friends from any disasters in the future
>>Think about having an ice cappuccino right about now
>>Think about looking prettier, being smarter. Being a better you
>BUT It doesn't matter because we aren't going to impose our will and cause others to suffer for it.

I made some 3DPG fanart of the gang and Kat's mons. Hope y'all like it.

>dat Claire
2lewd

"But I CAN change things, I HAVE changed things. And so can you, both you and Mewtwo. Sure it's not as fast as stealing the invention of a crazy person and bullying the gods, but do you -really- see that working out?"

[Holy crap! That's amazing! Thank you so much!

How did you make that?]

Woah, that's cool user.

I like this
to bad you are so damn late user

He is barely over 15 minutes. I also like

That's pretty awesome user.

Going by what Gobble said mang.

You're more than welcome, thanks for the entertainment. Here's a closeup.

Lots of downloading Pokemon models, drawing clothes, and splicing old models together.

Thanks.

What program did you use? Blender? Any tips for a newbie?

Holy shit this is cool

[I'm blown away! That's so cool!]

Yeah, Blender. Also a newbie, but just mess around a lot and follow tutorials. Learn sculpting if you plan on doing it for more than fun.

Wrong image.

You feel Devon’s fur against your leg as he gets ready to pounce.

You think about taking things one day at a time, just like you’ve been doing. All the good and the bad is what made you and your friends who you are.

But at the same time, you could also go for a delicious ice cap. That’ll be the first thing you get when you’re back to civilization.

Mewtwo glares at you.

“He thinks you’re a fool. That you talk big because your life turned out great. Not everyone gets so lucky.”

You see Vance and Jeanine and a few others arrive in the lab from a hidden passage behind her. They’re still a good distance away, but they quickly see the situation and mega-mewtwo. Vance looks like he wants to sneak up on her.

You look to Violet. “And what do you think?”

She hesitates again.

Mewtwo, tired of this, reaches out to lift the helmet with telekinesis.

Robin's battle looks like it's suddenly turned against her. It may turn back, it may not.

>Attack! Quick! Take them down!
>Have Devon melt the helmet. (will require roll)
>Stall while Vance and the others sneak up
>Try to talk her out of it one last time. You’re getting through to her. Gesture for Vance to wait
>Challenge her to a battle for it.
>Something else

>>Try to talk her out of it one last time. You’re getting through to her. Gesture for Vance to wait

>>Have Devon melt the helmet. (will require roll)

>Try to talk her out of it one last time. You’re getting through to her. Gesture for Vance to wait
"We need to save your daughter!"

[I love the non-shiny eye Robin has. Great touch.

Ask if she is an idiot, of course it turned great you met Robin.

"I wouldn't have used it when I was a nobody either. No matter how good you have it, you will find something you don't have and long for it."

Rolled 17 (1d100)

[Disregard this post]

>17
Ok

I hope that is Mewtwo and not Robin.

"Of course they don't, things could have gone so much worse for me in so many ways, but the truth is that having a shitty life doesn't grant you any extra wisdom or deeper understanding, you're both bitter and hurt and in some ways so am I, but that doesn't mean we know what's best for everyone. It doesn't even mean we know what's best for ourselves."

Damnit, this is an incredibly bad time slot for me. That's the second time this happened

Oh boy.
Night Gobble!

[sleep tight!]

“Are you an idiot? Of course things turned out great since I met Robin. But I wouldn’t use it even if my life turned out badly. No matter how good you have it, you will find something you don't have and long for it. Having a shitty life doesn't grant you any extra wisdom or deeper understanding, you're both bitter and hurt and in some ways so am I, but that doesn't mean we know what's best for everyone. It doesn't even mean we know what's best for ourselves." You look Violet in the eyes. “Let’s go help your daughter.”

Violet looks down. “Mewtwo. Stop. She’s right. Let’s go he-”

Mewtwo slashes at her Psycho Cut. Violet leaps back before being hit. “What are you doing?”

“Enough! Like all humans, you’re too scared to lose your place of dominance.” He gestures to the other Pokemon. “You’ve given so much, and now she’s turned her back on our cause.”

Her other Pokemon look between her and Mewtwo, not sure whose side to take.

Mega-Mewtwo has its back turned on you. You could take the chance to fight it and maybe get a solid shot in. It looks leagues stronger than when Robin faced it.

Vance and the others have taken cover before Mewtwo turned around. It’s unclear if he saw or cares about them.

>Attack!
>No. Try to talk Mewtwo out of it too. We can stop the fighting.
>Destroy the helmet and get ready to battle
>Use your flute. Speak through your music
>Something else

>Use your flute. Speak through your music
This time for sure!

>>Destroy the helmet and get ready to battle

No user, fuck the flute. Take out the win condition.

Use your flute. Speak through your music

>>Use your flute. Speak through your music
Surely it wont fail us in our greatest time of need

>>Destroy the helmet and get ready to battle
>Just because you are smarter and stronger, does not mean you are wiser, Mewtwo.

We need the insurance.

I don't think Mewtwo will need the helmet to work the machine
Hornbeam needed it because he wasn't a psychic

Maybe, but he can 100% use the machine if he has the helmet.

"How can you stand there and say that, while you're relying on a true bond with a human for that form of yours, and you're trying to call upon pokemon who are now much healthier and more powerful than they'd be in the wild thanks to the love and attention she gave them for years?"

>Mewtwo slashes at her Psycho Cut
with.

>>No. Try to talk Mewtwo out of it too. We can stop the fighting.
Oh sure talk Violet down but a pokemon needs to be attacked straight away
MEWTWO WAS RIGHT

>No. Try to talk Mewtwo out of it too. We can stop the fighting.

>>No. Try to talk Mewtwo out of it too. We can stop the fighting.
Is He stupid too? Trying to fight hate with hate only breeds more hate.

Doesn't seem to be the sort to talk things out.

yes that's because he is being a hate filled bigot and a hypocrite that does not practice what he preaches.

This is mostly a vote for talking things out, but if that doesn't work it might bait him into handicapping himself.

Honestly, the fastest solution is to find Mewtwo's pokeball. Unfortunately, Hornbeam might have broken it like a jerk.

We run on anime logic still. He could probably just break it with his mind if it wasn't a sneak return.

It's kind of hampered by not fighting having two options, talking and the flute.

Talking and using the flute are very different though. Helmet wrecking has the most votes.

True, kind of sad though. Like we're both wasting time and kind of proving his point.

You’ve got a free chance now, and you can’t pass on it. With the slightest gesture, Devon leaps into action and uses a flame attack on the helmet. It turns red and the non-metal parts fry off instantly. It deforms slightly. Destiny follows up with an Ice Beam and it shatters.

Mewtwo turns to meet you. “Treacherous human! See how they can’t be trusted?” His voice booms.

“Everyone, wait. We don’t ha-”

Mewtwo throws Violet across the room. “Enough! You don’t seem to realize, I don’t need that pitiful human invention. With enough concentration, I can do with a thought what your ‘human ingenuity’ took so many years of research to attempt.”

“I can’t let you do that, either. Just because you are smarter and stronger, does not mean you are wiser, Mewtwo.”

He looks to the others. “Very well. I’ll crush you by your own standards. Violet said she could show me a better life, but all I’ve seen with her is abuse after abuse. We’ve sought them out and stopped them and more always happen. She thinks you can understand what Pokemon suffer just like she supposedly does. But I know that the only thing humans understand is being beaten beyond a shadow of a doubt. Without having any excuses to fall back on. I'll show you and your traitorous Pokemon” how wrong you are before setting everything right."

He gestures for Gengar to step forward. “Battle us. Let’s see that human pride and leadership crumble under even with all your arbitrary rules.”

>Send out a Pokemon (specify)
>Nuts to that. Everyone, attack!
>With the helmet out of the way, now’s the time to use the flute.
>Something else

Yeah nice fucking going anons.

I mean, that helmet wouldn't even fit on Mewtwo's head so that was just destroying negotiations.

>Send out a Pokemon (Devon)
We'll show him!

>Something else
"Can this wait for us to stop the Pokemon trying to destroy reality? We both want that at least, right?"

Unfortunately, he needs to have Palkia, Dialga, and Giratina here to enact his plan to control reality.

Rolled 53 (1d100)

Fuck this guy don't give him the satisfaction of battling him!

>>Send out a Pokemon (specify)
Trunks

>>Send out a Pokemon (Devon)
Beat him in battle and then have the heartfelt speech that turns him

Changing to
Look who is on us.

[With the helmet he could bend Giratina and the others to his will nearlyinstantly. Without it he needs time and concentration while they're all weakened and distracted.]

>>Send out a Pokemon (specify)
Devon

Maybe try talking to Violet's pokemon?

"Look, are you really going to listen to this guy, who probably hasn't done anything but brood and scheme since he got here, and not your friend, the one who's done so much for you?"

Also why Devon and not Zappy Dan, since he's immune to poison.

Because Dark > Ghost.