Mecha Space Pirate Quest LVI

Welcome back, cadets, to the fifty-sixth installment of Mecha Space Pirate Quest. I'm Wong, your host, and today you are Corporal Amos A. Wedge of the UJCIDF.

Previous Threads: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Mecha Space Pirate Quest, Collective Game, mecha
Master Pastebin: pastebin.com/sSHs0QmF
Upgrade Menu: pastebin.com/QQQzkFZe
List of Moves: pastebin.com/HSdyCe2y
Rogues' Gallery: pastebin.com/E9ZcDLfG

Last time, you spent the night with the Bahamutcorp rep on board the Cicero, one Irina Gaunt. It's a dangerous galaxy out there, and these little points of warmth and comfort are all a soldier has sometimes. After all, either of you could easily be dead tomorrow.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SqDP8SnPVA0
youtube.com/watch?v=pzPuKa88y-U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

YOU ARE: Amos Wedge (Age 18)

Attractiveness: 7
Body Type: 10
Cool: 8
Empathy: 6
Intelligence: 8 (Awareness +1)
[Education]: +3
Luck: 7
Movement Allowance: 7
Reflexes: 10 (Dodge & Escape +5, Mecha Fighting +6, Mecha Gunnery +6 Mecha Melee +6, Mecha Missiles +6 Mecha Pilot +6, Melee +3, Handgun +3, Stealth +2, Zero-G +1)
Technical Ability: 8

Rookie Bonus: Anime Hero

Luck Points 7 (refreshes at end of session), Maneuver Pool 1 (refreshes at end of combat, otherwise identical to Luck)

Is this one of those systems where you always max out your stats at character creation and build up skills later?

Pretty much, yes.

Ah, cool. Can we take over 16 Psyche and turn it into an invincible fortress?

Alright time to show those dirty Avalonians whose boss

Alright time for awesome!

You know, the more I see Amos, the more I wonder if Getter Robo's Musashi was one of his ancestors. Man went out like a champion.

Oh yeah! here we go!

You wake up groggy and a little hung-over, with all four of Irina's limbs tightly wrapped around you. She's hugging you like a body pillow, and seems perfectly content to lie there snoring against your shoulder while the alarm on your PC rings.

Still, she wakes up when you start sitting up, and kisses your cheek with eyes still full of sleep, "Hey, Amos...thanks for that. I meant it when I said there weren't any strings attached, but...if you ever want to...I'll leave my door open for you. We've both got a lot on our shoulders and could do with some stress relief." She smiles a little tentatively, touching your cheek.

You're not really sure what to say, "I should be thanking you, shouldn't I?" You manage, while she gets up and wanders into the bathroom, still naked.

"So long as we're both happy." You hear the sound of running water from behind the door, and she sticks her head out of the bathroom to wink at you, "I'd invite you in, but we'd be in here all day. Hurry up and get dressed, I'll see you at breakfast."

You do, indeed, see her at breakfast. She grabs a plate of flapjacks for each of you and settles into the seat next to you, "Blueberry pancakes today, Lin-Lin must have gone out shopping." She takes a contemplative bite of hers, "Mmm, I prefer chocolate, but these are good too. Eat up, we've got a lot to do today."

Garret, for once, is later to breakfast than you are. He...doesn't look well. His normally immaculate hair is a mess, his face is pale and slightly greenish. Death warmed over would be an appropriate way to describe him right now, but the warm part is in question. You don't see Simon.

[Continued]

Do we hear any pianos in the distance?

As always, if someone wants to know about Brigada Ligeira Estelar, you can just aks me about it and i will try to answer you in the best way i can.

Hey Wong whats the life expectancy for humans in the universe? We talking a little better then now or Mass Effect levels?

Garret collects his food with a zombie's shuffling tread and lack of coordination. Something resembling light enters his eyes as he spots you and makes a beeline for your table, collapsing into the chair across from you and pouring coffee down his throat.

"Rough night?" You venture.

He holds up his other hand, drains his coffee completely, and fetches another one before he gives you enough attention to nod, "You wouldn't believe me if I told you."

"Where's Simon? He's not usually late." You're a little worried. Simon was supposed to be with Garret last night.

Garret grunts, putting his mug down, "The brig."

"He's in the brig!?" The only reason you don't jump to your feet is Irina grabbing your arm and tugging you back down next to her. You can't even imagine Simon jaywalking, let alone fucking up hard enough to get tossed into a cell.

"Yeah, see, when we got to the bar he-" Garret breaks off his thought mid-sentence, looking from you, to Irina, back to you. "No, I'm being rude. How was YOUR night, Amos? Sleep well, or were you up late?" Even at the very embers of his energy, your friend can find the heat to rib you with.

You open your mouth, but Irina pinches you underneath the table and smiles at Garret, "I was just briefing Corporal Wedge, and waiting on you. You can let go of some of your worries, finally. We're being reinforced. An entire light cruiser of Martian mujihadeen and their mecha are en route to reinforce us." She smiles, "...And more importantly, they're bringing some much-needed materials. After all, I'm supposed to be building your ace mecha, and I can't do that without the right parts." She stretches, "Ahhh, finally, I get to do what I was hired for~"

"Alright. YOU're unusually chipper today. Amos, what about you? Any sudden personality shifts to confirm that I've stumbled into a parallel universe?" Garret's bleary gaze shifts from Irina to you.

[Continued]

I knew it woudn't end well....

Did.. did Simon just went pass all the drama and skipped straight to 3.0? Are we going to have to get him OUT of the robot?

We told him to try and act like Roarke so bad things probably happened

Could be good things.

I mean he's in space jail so probably not that good, but maybe he had fun at least.

Probably a fight or fucking around with a girl he shouldn't have been with

Some punk was probably mocking the Piano boy and Simon went to his aid to be utterly a bro. He does not realize he has his phone number in his pocket.

You look him dead in the eye, chewing a mouthful of your pancakes, swallowing, and setting your fork down. You clap your palms together in front of your chest, and bow deeply to your friend, "Hai hai, kouhai! Ore wa Wedguu. Ore wa Sutōmudoragon! HANAAAABI! Daijobu des, Luxol-dono?" You give him a shit-eating grin and he stares at you in bafflement.

His face collapses into his hands, "I knew it. This is some awful nightmare I can't wake up from."

Irina is trying very, very hard not to laugh at his expression, it's obvious to you by the way the corner of her mouth is twitching. Still, she clears her throat, "This is a pain, I was supposed to discuss your upgrades with the three of you. Still, I didn't have everything entirely drawn out yet, we can postpone it until I make sure the Martians haven't pilfered all of the Delphinius parts you're supposed to be getting, Sergeant. So what happened? Biggs seemed like a...well, not a troublesome sort of person."

Garret rubs his temples with his fingertips, "I might as well tell you why I'm so far over my weekly alcohol budget. Simon was insane last night. He nearly drank ME under the table, and talked me into buying him a woman while I was sloshed. I figured, hey, I can afford it, good for the little guy losing his virginity...so I didn't check the cost. He bought half a dozen whores. Six. Six entire whores. The most expensive six." He holds up a hand to forestall any comment from either of you, "Did it end there? No. It ended when he threw Lieutenant Asphodel out a window and beat up both of his squadmates. Naked. Wearing a Qu'liri prostitute's panties on his head. Well, it turns out Asphodel was still conscious enough to call in the MPs. Simon still punched out two of them and had talked the third out of her body armor when the MP he hadn't stuffed into a dumpster tagged him with a shock baton a few times and they got him back to the ship."

>[Suggest checking on him]
>[Suggest leaving him to his shame]

I think we can be proud of him.

Well, see he took our advice to heart...

Goddamn man.

>>[Suggest checking on him]

...bit too far Simon, going to ave to teach him about control.

Damn he got Roarke down to a T

We told him to man up, not becoming a panty destroyer.

So we can congratulate him, because

>Simon still punched out two of them and had talked the third out of her body armor when the MP he hadn't stuffed into a dumpster tagged him with a shock baton a few times and they got him back to the ship."

Goddamn that's impressive.

I don't know if i should be proud of this... but i am happy that he took our word to his heart in someway...

He's also been using your dice apparently.

Stop letting people borrow your dice, Thunder.

According to the strange old man I bought them from they were magic dice, and all he asked for them was some stupid fish. Best deal of my life

"I think that might be my fault. He was having a bit of a meltdown and I gave him some advice I thought would help him be more confident." You poke your fingertips together self-consciously, before abandoning the attempt to look repentant in order to scarf down the rest of your meal.

They both stare at you in puzzlement. Garret is the first to speak, "What could you possibly have told him?"

"That a soldier has to fight to protect the people." You grunt. Their stares only intensify, so you add sheepishly, "I said that he could get over this fear of enemy aces if he tried thinking more like the one he's emulating. Starwind isn't scared of no Paladin, I bet."

Garret snorts, "That's grammatically AND logically wrong. Roarke Starwind is a pirate, he's not even in SOUL. He wouldn't stand a chance in hell against a Paladin."

Irina looks uncertain, shrugging, "It definitely isn't good for his discipline."

You nod, "We should go check on him. I'm feeling guilty already."

"It was an honest mistake, Amos, you had no way to know he'd take you so literally." Irina smiles, putting her hand on your arm.

"At least it was an entertaining way to spend my credits." Garret points out. "Say, are you two...?"

Both of you look at him innocently. You speak first, "Are we coming to check on Simon? Yeah."

[Continued]

>He wouldn't stand a chance in hell against a Paladin."

Why do I feel like the bigger the CP difference between Roarke and the enemy the better he rolls?

>He wouldn't stand a chance in hell against a Paladin
Oh what you got coming to you

Whose ready for the Jupiter edit of our interview?
youtube.com/watch?v=SqDP8SnPVA0

Honestly I'm more excited for Gretchen's reaction when she sees it.

She'd wreck more face than Knuckle Kaiser when one of our ladies' smiles are on the line.

We do roll well against big foes, yes, but our toughest fights have always been against stereotypes. Weeabos, the crazy muslim who almost got us with his snackbar, and the haughty french noble lady. If we face AMERICA the machine, a russian, or robo hitler, we may be in trouble.

Because that is how Thunder's dice magic works.

Only exception is seduction, because they are powered by love, and love conquer all.

>Robo Hitler
You mean the Kung Fuhrer

My ass is for sitting not kissing, besides I've rolled really bad in a bunch of fights

Might not be as much as you think. For the most part the information was neutral to helpful with some curiosity pokes. It was also good publicity for the Pumpkinseed II and could help Buchapres make a revival of a loved machine. We didn't shoot Fairchild down, as admonish cruel behavior and offered a good way to bolster their forces and weaken the enemy. Of course, Fairchild will try shit but the data is already leaked.

True, but I just wanted an excuse to post Homer Badman

Nothing wrong with that, but I am interested to see how Fairchild can handle the turn over. She can't well execute her after that call out, and entioning the Martian buyer forces her to keep quiet about the Avalonian buyer. Honestly, as good as the money will get, I feel like we should use other means to score favor with this auction. Like brokering a month long cease fire, or getting the avalonians to back off for a bit.

Its better for us if they keep fighting, any respite that sol gets will give it time to come after us especially when we announce our new pirate state

"So, Ms. Gaunt, you're part of 'we' now?" Garret asks as the three of you walk along the corridors in the lower level of the ship, making your way past the MPs on duty. One of them is sporting a black eye, the other keeps casting wistful glances down the corridor and fanning herself with a leaflet for jungle tours.

"Seeing as how I'm in charge of your mecha, yes." She replies with the dignity of a fairytale ice queen.

"And it has nothing at all to do with the fact that you've had your arms wrapped around one of Amos' since we left the mess hall?" He inquires skeptically.

She smiles innocently, "Of course. Why, what makes you say that, Sergeant? Ah, Amos, hold on...you have something on your face..." She gets out a clean white hankerchief from the pocket of her lab coat and dabs your cheek with it.

"Wasn't he also Corporal Wedge back there? Why is he suddenly Amos?" Garret's voice and expression only grow more skeptical.

"Why, I'm just trying to be one of the gang!" She protests, "You call him Amos, what's wrong with that, Sergeant? I'm getting to know my pilots, that's completely responsible."

"You say that while hugging his arm, with your cheeks and eartips turning red, and while calling me by my rank." Garret's voice assumes an exasperated tone.

"Yes, and?" She smiles despite the fact that she is, clearly, blushing.

You wisely stay mostly quiet, "Thanks, Irina."

"Don't mention it, you big lug." She winks at you.

"It's not that I don't know what's going on, you two, it's that you're corrupting Amos into becoming a deceitful human being that bothers me." Garret harrumphs.

"Then why do you need to ask, Sergeant?" Irina smiles cheerfully, and winks at you while your friend rolls his eyes and grumbles.

Simon is huddled on the cot in his cell, shirtless. He winces at the sound of your boots on the corridor floor, and sits up as though his head had been replaced by a thirty-gallon aquarium.

>[What say?]

It's sad, but i have to agree.

"Did you really talk an MP sent to arrest you out of her armour?"

"So, how was the girl?"

If we wanted to play the hero this would be Jesus quest. At the end of the day were still a pirate fucking people over and potential ruining their lives is part of the job.

Girls man. Multiple.

>So Mr.Starwind we finally caught you

You know, when I said, 'be more like him', I didn't mean literally or by that much. Hows the hangover?

This, and if he confirms it:

>*smile* I guess it's really safer to keep you inside a cell then... I'm proud of you bro.

This too
*starts listing his crimes out of your head, don't really remembers half of them and starting making it up*

You look down at him for a moment. Irina and Garret look expectantly at you. You sigh heavily. Right, this IS your fault after all, "Hey, Simon..."

"Hi Amos." He gloomily replies.

"Did you really talk an MP sent to arrest you out of her armor?" You ask.

"She had really pretty eyes, so I told her so." He explains, "One thing just sort of led to another."

You give him a thumbs-up, "I guess for the safety of the female crew it's best we leave you in this cell, but I'm proud of you, bro."

"A-Amos don't leave me!" Simon wails, then clutches his head with a pained grimace.

"You know, when I said to try thinking more like Admiral Starwind, I didn't mean it literally. Or by that much. How's the hangover?" You sympathize with him.

"It's like a thousand tiny apes are fighting for dominance inside my skull and they're all wearing power armor." Simon groans.

Irina clears her throat, "I'll have a word with the Captain. I'm sure Asphodel started it, he's picked fights with new pilots before. Besides, we can't lose a squad when we're down to just six of them." She shakes her head, "You'll get a stern talking-to, but Captain Clearwater is a reasonable man and this IS wartime."

"Technically, it's a police action until war is officially declared." Garret remarks.

Irina rolls her eyes, "Spare me. It's the same thing with a different name."

You observe, across the hallway, that the other resident of the brig has her nose pressed against the glass and is watching the four of you closely.

[Continued]

I'm thinking i little bit too far maybe... But what is really our masterplan? Are we going to be pirates for life and go attacking system after system if our faction wins this? Or are we going to stop eventually? in the last case, the less destroyed by war the galaxy is, better it would be for everyone involved, no?

Game resumes in half an hour so the QM can get something to eat.

Form our own faction with a liberated earth and a few unaligned planets. Murder Fairchild and the Green Bitch and then negotiate a truce between Avalon and Sol.

>"Technically, it's a police action until war is officially declared." Garret remarks.
Aww yeah, we space Troubles now.

So when we go and raid that base as Roarke we should make it a date between us and Clemmy. Shes been talking about wanting to fight with us for a long time and we haven't taken her on a date yet

As far as I can tell the master plan is to keep on pirating. But this isn't everything about Roarke, I think he's also looking for people who will push him in a fight, raise our family, and keep making people Reee everywhere

Not necessarily. A month is not as much time as you'd think, espeecially if it's but a ceasefire. They'd have time to refresh the front lines, shore up fleets, resupply, and strengthen defensive lines, but not to dedicate a elimination squad without leaving a hole somewhere. If we make it a 3-4 way ceasefire, that gives us time to shore up as well. Use money to build our forces and fortress, consolidate power in the belt, and be ready.

Incidentally, that factory in the belt with the parts we need.. think we could get it fully operational and producing?

Should we do something nice for Irina or is that committing too soon?

We could get it up and running but it will take some man power to do. We should have about a month till the tourney so if we go and take it over and start up over their we should be able to get it running and then send everyone back for the tourney security

>You observe, across the hallway, that the other resident of the brig has her nose pressed against the glass and is watching the four of you closely.

Is that the avalonian?

We should go chat with her.

What do you want to say to break the ice, in that case?

Seems like we had 3 months in game from the announcement. If possible I say we try and scrounge up whatever factories we can, old colonies, and slap them all together with the funds. If there are mining colonies, there are likely ghost colonies as well.

"Hey. They treating you alright in there?"

>Planing to send this juicy info back to the rest of your troops?

"So how was the vivsection?"

Not him, but maybe something like "Never seen someone have his first drunken escapade? He'll be fine once he's gotten some water, a cold shower, and a cup of joe in him."

It boggles the mind now to think that the korean war was technically a police action, even though it involved millions of soldiers and more ordinance by weight was used than in WW2.

The Avalonians just wanted their space potatoes man

We should grab 16 Psyche if at all possible. Its the biggest M class asteroid ever recorded, at over 200 kilometers in diameter and 2.27×10^19 kg of Nickle Iron. Its a Planetary Core and has 1% of the total mass of the Belt.

Theres probably something their already so we won't have to worry about building a mining facility or colony

If it's not fully mined to nothing, it's a good possibility. Seems like it'd be an amazing military compound with such a strong material. Just need to lump some more asteroids to it for defense and growth and maybe thrusters and warp capabilities. Wouldn't be surprised if it was one of the choke points the green men couldn't pass.

This.
And this.
>At least as fine as he can get being Starwind the second *laugh at simon and bait him into the conversation*
Yeah, i was going to say that, by it's fame it is probably the Solomon of this universe...
But we should at least give it a look.

One thing more, what do we know about pluto and sedna so far?

"Hey, they treating you alright in there?" You ask, "If you're worried about him, he's just hung over. He'll be fine once he's had some water, a cold shower, and some coffee."

She blinks, "I know the signs of someone fresh from their penance after a night of drunken depravity, sirrah, and I am quite fine. Your torturers have not yet found time to visit me, so I still possess all my fingernails, see?" She displays her hands.

"That can be fixed, I'll pencil you in." Irina's voice could chill a planetary core, looking at Dame Elizabeth Wayland the way she might look at a cockroach.

The Avalonian smiles sweetly, "An easy escape, unless you are so craven as to require help. Tell me, do I not recognize your visage from somewhere? Ah, yes, the Blue Knight's rifle. I had thought it was merely an illustration of a saint...and I find myself disappointed, to see naught but a bitter-faced woman being overprotective of her paramour. Alas." She sighs, "Since I am not being tortured, I am content to wait. I have faith that She is coming, and She will scatter you like chaff and rescue me." She smiles, "Perhaps one of you will come with me. There are many wonders on Avalon. Leave this war behind, embrace the goodness of living things and the fear of your harsh social order. This world will soon be in our hands anyway, why die for a planet you have no roots on?"

"We could ask you the same thing." Irina posits.

"Ah, but the Qu'liri are practically kin. Their lower classes genetically modified en masse by the Confederaton, who took advantage of Qu'lir's poverty to create an industry of slaves and prostitutes genetically tailored to the tastes of wealthy fetishists. Arguably, the Photovores, those you call Green Men, freed them. We are their heirs. On Jupiter, genetic modification is illegal, it won't be difficult for the Qu'liri to choose a side."

[What say?]

>and RELEASE the fear of your harsh social order.

Damnable fingers, I don't know how I fucked that up.

Alright so this is basically what the inner solar system looks like. I think our best bet would be to divide the belt into 8 chunks with a captain being in charge of each chunk and Us/Rosita at the capital. We should place our main base in each sector deep into the astroid belt so that getting to it will be a hassle and the Navy won't be able to hit it with their full strength due to all the asteroids

>Then your also heirs to all the massacres the Green Men have committed and we Jovians will be happy to pay you back in full

>"And your Photovores started a war that killed two thirds of all humanity. We do not forget, and sooner or later, you lady shall join her family."

"I'll have to decline. I'd rather not be brainwashed by a mass murder."

If we could get ahold of Vesta, and Psyche, we could mmake one hell of a base. Vesta has a high metal content and is quite a bit bigger than psyche. It's also massive compared to Ceres, the largest asteroid.

>The Photovores also used children as suicide bombers, so forgive me if I have doubts of your lady's /generosity/ towards the Qu'lir.

Thing is any major asteroid is probably already a base or mining facility since their relatively close to the planets. The real thing we have to worry about is how much resources they've taken from the asteroids, some of them most have been completely mined out by now

Found a speech that sounds really damn close to what we're trying to do in the belt.

youtube.com/watch?v=pzPuKa88y-U

But they haven't. They haven't for a while and the thing is, even if you do try and say otherwise we'd still fight for those who don't want to join with you. Because thats both our choice and theirs. I don't care if their modified, so long as it was their choice and it doesn't harm other people. And those slaves seem to be living pretty normal lives themselves.

So rather than letting them choose, by the sounds of it, you seemed certain that the issue will be forced. What, are you going to have your Lady kill the heads of the goverment? Stamp on their voice so you can say you speak for everyone?

"Be careful with getting too proud of that. You've inherited the deaths of two-thirds of mankind along with the destruction of that Confederation." You growl, "I decline. I'd rather not be brainwashed by one of them the way you have, and when the time comes, we'll make sure that the Lady joins her family."

The Dame is immediately in your face, fists slamming against the plasteel, "How dare you insult her! Give me a sword, Blue Knight, and I will cut an apology out of you! I do not mourn Jegal 6 or the CUSS. I mourn for the deadwood, rotted by apathy and decadence, who allowed the Confederacy's evils to blossom and died in its defense. I mourn for you solar aborigines, blinded by arrogance and intent on seizing control over the galaxy by any means necessary. I mourn for YOU, you stupid, talented boy, and for the tragic death you will surely find along this path." She shakes her head, "It's such a waste! All of it! If we didn't have to defend ourselves against you maybe our nations could have lived in peace!" She takes a deep breath, visibly calming herself, "It doesn't matter. Gerer will devour your forces to the south, while...she whom I serve has come to claim the representative of the Jovian king's family. She will be here soon, and with him the Lady shall take the first steps towards peace...assuming you don't find another excuse to attack us and the worlds under the aegis of Avalon."

"Funny, I didn't know Qu'lir wanted to be under your aegis." You remark.

She smiles, seeming reassured, "Do you truly believe this is so? Very well. A cute boy's naivete is a precious flower I would never trample on. Perhaps someday, we will walk together through the Lady's forest, barefoot and without the need for weapons. Or perhaps I shall bury you with my own hands, and compose a poem for your tombstone."

"Shake her, Amos." Garret orders.

You glower at him, "Fat chance I'm going in there, crazy people are scary."

[Continued]

Wong tell me, how many epoxy guns do we have on base, and from how far up can a Pumpkin seed ll survive a straight drop without stopping its fall

A few dozen at least, more in the city guard barracks, and I'd have to look it up. Why do you ask?

>doesn't care about the billions of people who died, only cares about natives

Well when all of her people and her green bitch die I sure as shit won't be mourning them. Only cares about skill and "muh abbos". What tripe. Anything to make your lady happy and claim all the strength in the galaxy for her, right? Because that'll end with peace, gather all the might in the universe and you won't have peace.

And she thinks Amos is naive.

A crazy plan to kill a paladin of course, do we have any major explosives peferablly something sticky

So we got the first Paladin, Gerer. That must mean the second one is Gerin, Gerir's companion. Would explain the shield. Also like how shaking the ace has become a normal order for us.

We are the abbos fampai. The abbos are the ones that died.

Was Gerin known for a shield?

Ooohhh hohoho~

This is sounding crazy... but cool,

Crazy cool

So, care to iluminate us with the beautiful madness that will free us from the fear of the chosen one of avalon?

A Red shield. Gerer who rides Passecerf and kills an emir. Gerin has the horse Sorin and a Red Shield who kills Malprimis of Brigal. Likely on the lower end, but they died together alongside Berenger against Grandonie.

I need more time to work through the kinks but when the time comes I'll have it ready, hopefully

"My intent is not to harm you, Blue Knight. Perhaps what I know is not entirely the real, historical truth. Perhaps what you know is not entirely the real, historical truth. I am not a stupid woman. All I know is that I have seen the Lady, and that she is kindness, love, and truth incarnate. If her desire was truly to dominate all that lives, rather than set it free, why would she suffer the Queen to exist? Why not seize power herself?" She sighs heavily, "It pains me greatly, thinking that you and your jolly friends will likely die soon." She smiles crookedly at you, "I am sorry for my outburst. Please do not fear for me, I will be alright, it was unworthy of me to speak so callously of so much death...but I think you blame the wrong side for it." She bows her head, and goes to lie down on her cot, closing her eyes.

You aren't able to get anything else out of her, but Captain Clearwater does give Simon a stern talking-to before returning him to active duty. Apparently, Asphodel had been in civilian clothes, so it didn't count as striking a superior officer in the first place. He does, however, punish the three of you by making you fly double patrols for a day, on the logic that you indirectly caused this and Garret contributed by not stopping Simon's rampage. Consequently, you barely have time for lunch, and it isn't until early evening that you finally get to power down your mech and stretch your legs.

Which, unfortunately for you, coincides with a summons over the intercomms for all pilots to assemble in the hangar by squads for another briefing.

[Continued]

Wasn't there another Ger, Gerard or Geralt or something?

Died in the battle, but not by that guy's hands. Compared to the more Fantasyish Arthurian knights, the Paladins were not so lucky. Mind you, they didn't have half the shit the Arthurian knights put up with like Morgan or Lancalot being shits, but while they did give, they were eventually defeated.