EDH/Commander General

Worst Flavor Text Edition

Previous thread RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
magiccards.info

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/down-down-to-goblin-town-4/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/steelnsteal/
deckstats.net/decks/38880/?lng=en
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Rock out with your cock out

That is phenomenally evil. Thank you.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/down-down-to-goblin-town-4/

Just putting the finishing touches on the deck. Thoughts/opinions? I'm probably going to cut parallel evolution for Triumph.

Obligatory "Post 'em" post

Do you play Sadistic Hypnotist in Nath?

>not playing red in at least 60% of your decks
D I S G U S T I N G

Is the Pope Catholic?

anowon is the only one that's half decent that i actually have, progenitus is just a mish-mash of cards that does kinda ok, and memnarch ive only been looking at stuff for. i'd post the decklists, but i dont have them with me atm so i can't put them up

I'm planning to change Lili into a Gonti deck.

My mono black deck is for casual value-based shenanigans, and Lili is simply too good for that playstyle. She offers too many options, and I hate taking long turns when my intent is to unwind.

>Living in the same house Gwafa has been in

>anowon
HOW MANY LANDS, user

at LEAST 2, that i know for sure

That wasn't me, sorry

Last time I played Gwafa, one guy got turbo-salty and removed him every time I didn't have a counterspell in hand. The guy has a pathological hatred of Pacifism effects

I think I might play Magic with your dad on Wednesdays

>at LEAST 2

nah i don't think so, i doubt he even knows what mtg is

that deck's at my dorm, famon, i'm home for the weekend

But user, I have a deck of every colour. Red isn't in 60% of all colour combos!
It is my favourite though.

Damn. Well, I know a dude who's son has the exact same decks. Weird.

user is it over 32 lands

i can give you a solid probably
weird

I need the rest of this set to drop so I can build Jeskai Racecars

So how would you go about making an EDH deck that is a castle?

My first EDH deck is a Gisa and Geralf, self mill zombie horde deck. Lots of graveyard shenanigans and then token creation via army of the damned and what have you. And then sac mechanics. The idea is to build a deck to play against it that is a castle that the zombies are trying to overrun. Eventually I want to build an EDH battlebox that creates a world that builds out from this. Cause flavor.

Anyways, the plan so far is Doran, the Siege Tower for my commander, then a few Treefolk and lots and lots of walls. Then running prison effects, token hate, and other enchantments like Powder Keg, Lightmine Field, Opalescence, Academy Rector, Replenish, Assault Formation, etc. It's still very much in the planning stage. Any thoughts?

Also what card could I run that would be the princess inside of my castle. So when I play it, I can say 'fortunately, our princess is in this castle!', or something like that.

Hundred-Handed One would probably be pretty hilarious in Doran

Especially since you have access to Sun Titan and can reanimate the fucker

What's a castle without a Moat?

SIX HUNDRED FUCKING DOLLARS CHEAPER THAT'S WHAT GODDAMMIT

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/steelnsteal/
this is almost exactly what i'm aiming for with memnarch

We're Still doing this?

I just want those 4 colour decks to come out so I can finish this collection and free myself from this evil.

Why do you have 2 rakdos and golgari commanders?

Should I try to branch out?

>He doesn't know about Purple

I am making a Mina and Denn, Wildborn deck, but I'm kinda at a loss. At it's base, it's a landfall deck, mostly focused on getting out stuff like Oracle of Mul-Daya and Asuza, Lost but Seeking along with Omnath, Locus of Rage out, then just making a shit ton of Elemental Creatures with Omnath to either attack with, or even just use something like Thermopod or another Sac outlet to deal direct damage with Omnath's other ability.
I've got some other stuff, like Avenger of Zendikar, and some overrun abilities, but I'm kinda stuck on other possible ways to win, say if Omnath was exiled so I couldn't recur it, so I was wondering if anybody had some advice regarding some other options.

Heavily considering running New Marchesa because being the burger king sounds pretty silly and card draw is nice too. Anyone around here have experience with that lady?

I made Thelon as a mono-green deck and elfball as my simic but it didn't work out so I just spiced up Thelon a bit and made Ezuri elfball and new Ezuri "Edric's Flying Men 2.0 feat. Sage of Hours".
Rakdos Lord of Riots had some stax stuff in it that didn't fit so when I retooled it I had a bunch of left over cards (hellbent, chaos, discard, etc.) and just threw Malfegor at the helm.
Those two decks are shit and worth less than $15 each but I figured I'd include them.

I know about Purple but there are no purple commanders yet. When there are, I'll hate myself and my wallet more.

Your assignment is to build the 4-color deck that doesn't have Blue.

What said.
Alternatively, run a very anti-blue deck with things like boil and pyroblast.

Alternatively, run make a voltron commander in anything without blue.

>Being this new

>mfw my decks are
>mono G
>UG
>UGW
>UGB
>mono R
>RB
>RWG
>UR
Father i may be homosex

Im hoping one of the new commanders is dark bant so i can put the gender fluid robot in my current roon deck, just with more chocolate

I'm not making a deck based upon some custom card.

GIMMIE SOME DWARF, I NEED TO BUILD MY FLIGHT CREW

It's okay, my decks are
>GW
>GB
>UG
>GR
>G

>UGx
Disgusting.

We get all combinations, there are only 5 four color combos.

>1997
>No Ehcumeuqolf tribal deck

Typical fucking Orange player

After I'm done with Feldon, next thing will be to probably retire Ezuri and make a fun pseudo cascade deck with that new U/Guy elf.

Its gonna be nice when people realize how shit this card is and stop talking about it and faggot ass dwarf/car bullshit.

why are you so salty? she's a fine lord, has decent card advantage.

>Someone online doesn't like what I like?!

How can I build a Maesltrom Wanderer chaos deck? Hive Mind and Possibility Storm come to mind.

Reminder that if you can't build a deck without Brown or Yellow or themed around Trinket manipulation, you're a casual

I dont give a shit about the game i just want to jerk off to the card in a plastic sleeve while i finger my own asshole

Dwarf bitches got me harder than 1st grade for niggerz boi

>nofunallowed.jpg

>Lili into a Gonti deck
Epitome of a waste, friend. Unless you can constantly cast Gonti through recursion his ability makes him absolutely useless.

Just off the top of my head, here. There's got to be more, but this is with literally one second of though. Jesus Christ, Veeky Forums

Yeah, well. I want a mono black deck that's easy to pilot, and since black has so many tutoring abilities I'm sure you can see why it doesn't have the most straightforward play style.

The way I see it, Gonti is 100% a ramp deck. I literally don't need win cons in my deck, I can just steal those from opponents.

you know i think we've got a reverse Ulrich situation going on here. like this boring lord would be strictly better, but not nearly as hyped if it just said 'other creatures you control get +1/1'.
Just like how Ulrich would be way worse if his ability said 'target werewolf gets +4/4' but there would not have been nearly as much whining. although to be fair, when was there ever not whining from magic players on the Internet. i can't remember.

Lol i just noticed that

Decent Voltron commander? I had a reanimator deck with him a few years ago. but found myself winning primarily withe commander damage.

>tappedout.net/mtg-decks/down-down-to-goblin-town-4/

I like it. No Purphoros, though?

>Mono B
>Mono B
>Mono W
>Mono G
>Mono R
>UW
>WBR
>URB
>mfw

Knowledge Pool.

reminder that other colors besides U and R need consistent ways to directly interact with the cards or abilities themselves on the stack, not just with what those cards will affect on the board

Sorry to break it to you bro

instead of focusing my efforts on many decks, I've focused on two...

Sydri, and Daretti.

And they are both very expensive.

Any other decent sac outlets in Abzan? So far I got pic related, Evolutionary Leap and Birthing Pod.

are you doing tokens, fatties or goodstuff or what

Depends how much saccing you want to do. Or at least how much you can pull off.

Sadistic Hypnotist
Viscera Seer
Thoughtpicker Witch
Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim
Ashnod's Altar
Altar of Dementia

Karador good stuff with the bullshit quartet of Sun Titan, Saffi, Reveillark and Karmic Guide.

No

The bullshit quartet is actually a quintet, you can't forget loyal retainers

>2WW
???

cards that should be banned:
seedborn muse
cyclonic rift
palinchron
deadeye navigator
sol ring
mana crypt
derevi
food chain
narset

unban:
balance
sylvan primordial
braids
biorhythm
coalition victory
limited resources

Disciple of Bolas
Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord
Smothering Abomination (kinda, helps you with control)
Gate to Phyrexia (meh)
Flesh Carver
Attrition
Carrion Feeder

also some random recommendations that i came across while searching:

Deadbridge Chant

>also some random recommendations
lmao forgot to write more than 1

rip

>Unban Balance

Please go.

Just ban all green and blue cards, they are the real reason edh is a shit format

>"m-muh sacred lands don't touch"

yeah and all tutors too

if you think that those particular examples aren't busted in the format then you need to play the format more

it's not like U and G won't still be the best colors in the format even if those cards are banned

I'm actually for that.

You're an idiot.
Although I'm with you on Limited Resources

I could care less about land destruction; Balance just isn't balanced. I'd be okay with a 4 CMC version of it. Probably 5+ these days, though, since we can't have 4 mana wraths anymore.

so you don't think any of those cards greatly shift the format in favor of a few certain colors/strategies above any others?

>Ban things I don't like unban things I do

All my decks are online:
deckstats.net/decks/38880/?lng=en
Includes Grimgrin, Riku, Omnath (rage), Mimeoplasm, Sedris. Pic related.

i love seedborn and DEN

they just ain't balanced senpai

every game i get either of them out becomes an easy win unless my opponents get lucky and have removal right away, made even harder with DEN

but then I also have counters, so that removal doesn't even matter that much

Man, I hate Riku.

Goblin bombardment, zuran orb, titania, splendid reclaimation

>Vigilance

>When Metalic Mario enters play, each player chooses an artifact, a creature, an enchantment and a planeswalker among the nonland permanents that player controls. Then sacrifices the rest

Looks like white just got another boardwipe that is also an artifact, and a creature
Wew lad

Not really. Sol ring and Crypt would be worthy of a ban, but otherwise everything's okay. I'd like to see tuck rule removed though, that's worst decision RC has ever made.

>tuck rule removed
why?

somebody explain this autism to me.

Why did the narset player concede? as far as I see, wanderer player is only countering an artifact?

Because it was worst addition to the format. I want to keep Derevis, Prosshi, Narsets and all other retarded commanders in the bed.

Probably because he's Mana Drain'ing it.
That card is pretty busted.

that doesn't sound like a tuck rule problem, that sounds like a commander being too good problem

I would assume that's because it's a good mana rock, and Mana Drain gives 5 mana for MW player to use.
Then again, Narset players are one of the saltiest players of the format, they just want to do degenerate things uninterrupted

Ah, I see. And that would put him up to the amount of mana required to cast Maelstrom, correct?

I never scoop to maelstrom. Because I play Mayael if I see a Maelstrom player, and it's generally a fun as fuck race to see who can get the most fatties on the table as quick as possible.

It's always me