/hwg/ - Historical Wargames General

Friendly Fire Edition

Previous thread: Get in here, post games, miniatures, questions, whatever you like.

List of mini providers:
docs.google.com/document/d/1uGaaOSvSTqpwPGAvLPY3B5M2WYppDhzXdjwMpqRxo9M/edit
List of Historical Tactical, Strategic, and Military Drill treatises:
pastebin.com/BfMeGd6R
ZunTsu Gameboxes:
mediafire.com/folder/yaokao3h1o4og/ZunTsu_GameBoxes
/hwg/ Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/tghwg/

Games, Ospreys & References folders:
mediafire.com/folder/lu95l5mgg06d5/Ancient
mediafire.com/folder/81ck8x600cas4/Medieval
mediafire.com/folder/w6m41ma3co51e/Horse_and_Musket
mediafire.com/folder/vh1uqv8gipzo1/Napoleonic
mediafire.com/folder/bbpscr0dam7iy/ACW
mediafire.com/folder/bvdtt01gh105d/Victorian
mediafire.com/folder/b35x147vmc6sg/World_War_One
mediafire.com/folder/z8a13ampzzs88/World_War_Two
mediafire.com/folder/z8i8t83bysdwz/Vietnam_War
mediafire.com/folder/7n3mcn9hlgl1t/Modern

mediafire.com/folder/8tatre3vd10yv/Avalon_Hill
mediafire.com/folder/pq6ckzqo3g6e6/Field_Of_Glory
mediafire.com/folder/r2mff8tnl8bjy/GDW
mediafire.com/folder/whmbo8ii2evqh//SPI
mediafire.com/folder/ws6yi58d2oacc/Strategy_&_Tactics_Magazine
mediafire.com/folder/lx05hfgbic6b8/Naval_Wargaming
mediafire.com/folder/s1am77aldi1as/Wargames
mega.nz/#F!ZAoVjbQB!iGfDqfBDpgr0GC-NHg7KFQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/download/cghxf3475qy46aq/Wargaming Compendium.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/alj31go19tmpm/SAGA
mediafire.com/download/o5x6blwoczojmfr/Black Powder.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/n7jmdnlv1n0ju/Bolt_Action
mega.nz/#F!XsVD0KgT!twB1NWiFE3aKXK_O1EZ4pA
mediafire.com/download/uttov32riixm9b0/Warhammer Ancient Battles 2E.pdf
mediafire.com/download/ta7aj1erh7sap1t/Warhammer Ancient Battles - Armies of Antiquity v2.pdf
mediafire.com/download/cifld8bl3uy2i5g/Warmaster Ancients.pdf
mediafire.com/download/3emyvka11bnna1b/Warmaster Ancient Armies.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/d9x0dbxrpjg48/Advanced_Squad_Leader
mediafire.com/folder/28i9gevqws518/Impetus
mediafire.com/folder/cb83cg7ays4l1/Battleground_WWII
mega.co.nz/#!jxgCWTYD!FCp52DAqIUc-EM-TsRsWv7fB92nJ3kkzKsNcD_urI5Q
mediafire.com/folder/7b5027l7oaz05/Modelling_&_Painting_Guides
mega.co.nz/#F!C9sQhbwb!NVnD4jvUn5inOrPJIAkBhA
mega.co.nz/#F!b5tgXRwa!mzelRNrKPjiT8gP7VrS-Jw
mediafire.com/folder/eupungrg93xgb/Next_War
mega.nz/#F!SolyxarJ!GUg6zWBStfznr6BvYedghQ
mega.nz/#F!i1N3xZxL!C6fQ3Z8o2U0gtk5kdXuVcQ
mediafire.com/download/pi96hvy27y3f66g/Osprey - MAA 225 - The Royal Air Force 1939-45.pdf
mediafire.com/download/1nkc01fcmqb06dk/Osprey - WAR 164 - RAF Fighter Command Pilot 1939-42.pdf
plasticsoldierreview.com/PeriodList.aspx?period=43
stonewallfigures.co.uk/shop/index.php/page,shop.browse/category,Early Russian Army pre 1941/category_id,3ecf4b7a0bd441ad042d777b41835d67?ps_session=47f6f85afdbf671a8f362cd10c0c1152
kickstarter.com/projects/536771983/armoured-knights/description
lead-adventure.de/index.php?topic=87544.150
beastsofwar.com/steel-fist-miniatures/mount-renaissance-knight-kickstarter/
wdl.org/en/item/8971/
kickstarter.com/projects/536771983/mounted-rennaisance-knights?
plastidip-shop.de
en.plastidip.eu
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Wargaming Compendium
mediafire.com/download/cghxf3475qy46aq/Wargaming Compendium.pdf
>Saga
mediafire.com/folder/alj31go19tmpm/SAGA
>Black Powder
mediafire.com/download/o5x6blwoczojmfr/Black Powder.pdf
>Bolt Action
mediafire.com/folder/n7jmdnlv1n0ju/Bolt_Action
>Hail Caesar
mega.nz/#F!XsVD0KgT!twB1NWiFE3aKXK_O1EZ4pA
>Warhammer Ancient battles 2.0
mediafire.com/download/uttov32riixm9b0/Warhammer Ancient Battles 2E.pdf
mediafire.com/download/ta7aj1erh7sap1t/Warhammer Ancient Battles - Armies of Antiquity v2.pdf
>Warmaster Ancients
mediafire.com/download/cifld8bl3uy2i5g/Warmaster Ancients.pdf
mediafire.com/download/3emyvka11bnna1b/Warmaster Ancient Armies.pdf
>Advanced Squad Leader
mediafire.com/folder/d9x0dbxrpjg48/Advanced_Squad_Leader
>Impetus
mediafire.com/folder/28i9gevqws518/Impetus
>Battleground WWII
mediafire.com/folder/cb83cg7ays4l1/Battleground_WWII
>By Fire And Sword
mega.co.nz/#!jxgCWTYD!FCp52DAqIUc-EM-TsRsWv7fB92nJ3kkzKsNcD_urI5Q
>Modelling & painting guides
mediafire.com/folder/7b5027l7oaz05/Modelling_&_Painting_Guides
>Twilight 2000/2013 RPG
mega.co.nz/#F!C9sQhbwb!NVnD4jvUn5inOrPJIAkBhA
>Phoenix Command RPG
mega.co.nz/#F!b5tgXRwa!mzelRNrKPjiT8gP7VrS-Jw
>Next War (GMT)
mediafire.com/folder/eupungrg93xgb/Next_War
>Battlegroup
mega.nz/#F!SolyxarJ!GUg6zWBStfznr6BvYedghQ
>Fleet Series
mega.nz/#F!i1N3xZxL!C6fQ3Z8o2U0gtk5kdXuVcQ

Desired scans :
Black Powder supplements
Rank and File supplements
Harpoon 3 & 4 supplements
Force on Force supplements
Hind Commander
At Close Quarters
War and Conquest

6th September in military history:

394 – Battle of the Frigidus: Roman Emperor Theodosius I defeats and kills the usurper Eugenius. His Frankish magister militum Arbogast escapes but commits suicide two days later
1634 – Thirty Years' War: In the Battle of Nördlingen the Catholic Imperial army defeats Protestant armies of Sweden and Germany.
1781 – The Battle of Groton Heights takes place, resulting in a British victory.
1861 – American Civil War: Forces under Union General Ulysses S. Grant bloodlessly capture Paducah, Kentucky, giving the Union control of the Tennessee River's mouth.
1939 – World War II: At the Battle of Barking Creek, Britain suffers its first fighter pilot casualty of the Second World War as a result of friendly fire.
1939 – World War II: South Africa declares war on Nazi Germany.
1944 – World War II: The city of Ypres, Belgium is liberated by Allied forces.
1944 – World War II: Soviet forces capture the city of Tartu, Estonia.
1965 – India retaliates following Pakistan's Operation Grand Slam which results in the Indo-Pakistani War of 1965 that ends in a stalemate and follows the signing of the Tashkent Declaration.
1972 – Munich massacre: Nine Israel athletes taken hostage at the Munich Olympic Games by the Palestinian "Black September" terrorist group die (as did a German policeman) at the hands of the kidnappers during a failed rescue attempt.
1976 – Cold War: Soviet Air Force pilot Lieutenant Viktor Belenko lands a Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-25 jet fighter at Hakodate on the island of Hokkaidō in Japan and requests political asylum in the United States; his request is granted.
1983 – The Soviet Union admits to shooting down Korean Air Lines Flight 007, stating that the pilots did not know it was a civilian aircraft when it violated Soviet airspace.
2007 – Israel executes an air strike, Operation Orchard, to destroy a nuclear reactor in Syria.

It is 77 years since the "Battle" of Barking Creek, a friendly fire incident which resulted in the first death of a British fighter pilot in the Second World War.

At 6.15am on 6 September 1939, unidentified aircraft were reported approaching from the east at high altitude over West Mersea, on the Essex coast. In response, six Hurricanes were ordered to be scrambled from 56 Squadron, based at North Weald Airfield in Essex. For some unknown reason, the Squadron’s CO, Group Captain Lucking, sent up his entire unit. In addition to these, and unbeknown to the rest of the pilots, two Pilot Officers took up a pair of reserve aircraft and followed at a distance, destined to be the targets of the mistaken attack.

Additionally, 151 Squadron’s Hurricanes (also from North Weald), and Spitfires from 54, 65, and 74 Squadrons based at Hornchurch Airfield scrambled. With the war only three days old, none of the Royal Air Force pilots had seen combat, and very few had ever seen a German plane. Communications between planes and command centres were poor. There was no identifying procedure for pilots to distinguish between enemy and friendly aircraft.

With everyone in the air expecting to see enemy aircraft, and no experience of having done so, the conditions readily lent themselves to misunderstanding. 'A' Flight of 74 Squadron saw what they believed were enemy planes and their commanding officer, Adolph "Sailor" Malan, allegedly gave a clear and definite order to engage. Two of the three, Flying Officer Vincent 'Paddy' Byrne and Pilot Officer John Freeborn, opened fire.

Malan later claimed to have given a last minute call of 'friendly aircraft – break away!' but, whether this actually happened or not, the call was not heard by the attacking pilots.

One Hurricane was piloted by Frank Rose, who was shot down but survived. Pilot Officer Montague Hulton-Harrop, however, did not survive. Fired upon by John Freeborn, he was hit in the back of the head; he was dead before his plane crashed at Manor Farm, Hintlesham, Suffolk, approximately five miles west of Ipswich. He was the first British pilot fatality of the war. His Hurricane was also the first plane shot down by a Spitfire. The entire air-raid warning turned out to be false.

Both Byrne and Freeborn were, along with Group Captain Lucking, placed under close arrest immediately after the incident. The ensuing court martial at Fighter Command's Bentley Priory headquarters was held in camera, and, as of 2016, the papers have not been released.

However, it is well known that Freeborn felt that his commanding Officer, Sailor Malan, tried to evade responsibility for the attack. Malan testified for the prosecution against his own pilots, stating that Freeborn had been irresponsible, impetuous, and had not taken proper heed of vital communications. During the trial, Freeborn's counsel, Sir Patrick Hastings, called Malan a bare-faced liar. Hastings's deputy in defending the pilots was Roger Bushell, later to be incarcerated with Paddy Byrne at Stalag Luft III and become the mastermind of the Great Escape.

The court completely exonerated both of the Spitfire pilots, ruling the case as an unfortunate accident.

One history summarises it thus: "This tragic shambles, hushed up at the time, was dubbed in the RAF ‘the Battle of Barking Creek’ – a place several miles from the shooting-down but one which, like Wigan Pier, was a standing joke in the music halls."

It has been suggested by RAF historians that the incident exposed the inadequacies of RAF radar and identification procedures, leading to them being greatly improved by the crucial period of the Battle of Britain.

Montague Hulton-Harrop is buried with a war grave headstone at St Andrew's Church in North Weald. Group Captain Lucking was removed from his post as Commanding Officer of 56 Squadron. Frank Rose was killed in action over Vitry-en-Artois, France, on 18 May 1940.

Sailor Malan went on to be one of the most successful Allied fighter pilots of the war, shooting down 27 Luftwaffe planes and rising to Group Captain. He received the Distinguished Service Order and bar and the Distinguished Flying Cross. On his return to South Africa he worked against the apartheid regime until his death in 1963.

Paddy Byrne was shot down and captured over France in 1940. He was detained at Stalag Luft III alongside his former defence lawyer Roger Bushell. In 1944 he was repatriated, having convinced the Germans and the repatriation board that he was mad. On his return to England he was reinstated into the RAF and given a ground position.

John Freeborn flew for the rest of the war and proved to be an outstanding airman. He flew more operational hours in the Battle of Britain than any other pilot. He was awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross and bar and rose to Wing Commander. In 2009 Freeborn told an interviewer of his regret about Hulton-Harrop's death, saying, "I think about him nearly every day. I always have done... I've had a good life, and he should have had a good life too". Freeborn died on 28 August 2010.

'Friendly fire' is not something that is usually factored into wargames; there's less confusion and more time to think when gazing down on a tabletop then through a gunsight. But it is something that needs to be taken into account in rulesets where such events are possible.

mediafire.com/download/pi96hvy27y3f66g/Osprey - MAA 225 - The Royal Air Force 1939-45.pdf
mediafire.com/download/1nkc01fcmqb06dk/Osprey - WAR 164 - RAF Fighter Command Pilot 1939-42.pdf

1/72 RCW when?

Reminder that the August-September /hwg/ community project is a 'Command Unit'.

Not a huge selection, but something to start with

plasticsoldierreview.com/PeriodList.aspx?period=43

Would anyone know a good paint match for this uniform? It's the old pre-ww2 Norwegian Army color. They changed it later to a green, but I prefer the older color and want to paint my (eventual) army like this.

Vallejos Luftwaffe blue/grey colors maybe?

Vallejo Green Grey, That's used for Finnish Uniforms and the colours look reasonably similar.

Cool, thanks. I'll give it a look.

You can pretty much use almost any WW1 figures with some minor conversions.

Winter War Soviets could work for Reds as well stonewallfigures.co.uk/shop/index.php/page,shop.browse/category,Early Russian Army pre 1941/category_id,3ecf4b7a0bd441ad042d777b41835d67?ps_session=47f6f85afdbf671a8f362cd10c0c1152

for the user who asked for it in last thread

ASL 110 Shanghai In Flames

Upcoming Claymore Castings Early HYW makes my nipples tingle in delight.

>Sweet, a couple of days off and I can get some quality man doll painting time in.
>Mate rings up and asks for a hand for the week.
>Oh well, more money for future tiny men then!

That range look perfect for D&Dish character models. Not convinced by the other foot knights though, I think the Perry Miniatures plastics look better (if later).

>more money for future tiny men then!
And they'll do tiny fights too!

About the Perry knights, I prefer these to be honest. For me, the Early Hundred Years are THE medieval period, full plate made knights look boring. And yeah, I want to use this one as a fantasy skirmish character...

>full plate made knights look boring
Shut your fucking whore mouth.

>Not convinced by the other foot knights though
the one with the big spiked club is pretty good, as is this guy

You can still paint plate. May not stay on that well, but hey, if it's fantasy or just some flash bastard who hasn't been in a fight since he touched up the paint job...

Yeah I'd like to use them for Bretonnians as there's bugger all Early/Mid 14th Century stuff.

I think he's got you Uncle, I love the late C15th too but it's no giant nasal guard and great helms.

>tfw still no 28mm catarina armour, however ahistorical

I more meant O14.

Traitor. You play(ed) Bretonnians, I play(ed) Empire. That says it all really. I'm more of a 1415-1520s fella. I just love the idea of kniggets running around firing hand cannons at one another.

How the fuck did I miss kickstarter.com/projects/536771983/armoured-knights/description ?

>How the fuck did I miss kickstarter.com/projects/536771983/armoured-knights/description ?
whoa

>the second figure shown is wearing a very decorative armour in the style of Landsknecht dress. He is in a very relaxed confident pose, his helmet is an early form of Burgonet and he has a serrated Zweihander.

Those minis are nice, but too expensive - especially their newer mounted ones, like 16GBP for a single one...for a couple pounds more you get an entire box of Perrys knights, or for half the price(!) you get a Foundry knight. As nice as they are, they are fucking expensive, a unit of 10 would cost 80GBP.

I mean, there's the Dark Souls board game when that comes out.

Probably be bigger than 28mm though.

your to do list is very messy.

Oh neat! Thanks for scanning that!

That knight looks totally badass.

I'm not into knights but i really consider picking up a few of these

Please tell me those renaissance knights are available for purchase somewhere

I love that someone has actually bothered to do fully armoured bods in something more than just walking poses. I'd not want a whole big block of dynamically posed troops but I'd love a few of these just for adding character to the front rank or skirmishing.

lead-adventure.de/index.php?topic=87544.150 seems to hint that you could buy them outside the kickstarter. Might be worth contacting him directly? Let us know how you get on!

holy shit im buying all those miniatures and terrain this week.

Hey Black Powder ACW user, how's the scanning going?

This one is my favorite out of the lot.

I swear this thread is slowly morphing into the 28mm FIW/AWI general

I'm not against that

Why would you want to do something other people are already doing? Unless youre nearby that user and are playing with him

at least make some unique terrain

Heh yeah, while my AWI is more of aside project its weird to see the exact stuff i was planning on getting

First of all fuck you, second of all my project is a skirmish one and im using a unique/combined ruleset

>this post
I'm pretty sure it is common to see people get product for a popular conflict from a popular manufacturer. That's not weird at all. Why would you specifically not want to get something just because someone you don't know on the internet has it?

Because I am a special snowflake!

Because The Aristocrats!

It just seems stupid to have 5 people here making identical projects

getting quads doesn't make you right.

It's either coincidence or inspiration, and I'm not sure either of those is stupid. This general isn't designed to create a bunch of people making projects with no overlap.

WOW! some people like the same things! who knew! You're a fucking retard.

So that Renaissance Knights KS everyone was getting all hot and bothered about upthread?

Yeah, they're doing another one, this time for mounted units.

And Veeky Forums is a twat and won't let me link it.

Aha, but I *CAN* link to the BoW article that then links to the kickstarter itself

beastsofwar.com/steel-fist-miniatures/mount-renaissance-knight-kickstarter/

I just dont see how if youre making the exact same thing as a bunch of other people how it can possibly have any personality to it

But people AREN'T making the same thing are they?

One lad has the 46th Devonshire for F&IW/AWI one appears to have a lot of Indians.

I have Compagnies Franche de la Marine and Indians for F&IW and 1st and 2nd Rhode Island for AWI.

The projects are different focusing on different sides in different theatres of the similar conflicts.

Fuck off.

This doesn't make any sense. Hundreds to thousands of people have made armies before for most periods, how can it be possible to make a worthwhile project for any of them in your logic?

>same figures
>same period
>same colours
>same terrain pieces

Its unimaginative and devoid of life

I think we might be getting le trolled lads

>same colours
reminder that painting your soldiers in appropriate uniforms is unimaginative and devoid of life!

All in favour of ignoring shit post Johnny here say AYE.

I more meant for the native americans, appropriate uniforms is fine. I just dont see the point of browsing this thread. seeing someones project and opting to copy it.

What do you suggest for the native americans though? They had a certain skin colour, preferred dyes for their clothes and common colours for warpaint, theres only so "unique" you can be.

As says they aren't identical copy projects.
I have pure Indians, and the other guys have British and French with [appropriate!] allied Indians. However you try to spin it, they aren't identical and they aren't copies.

Mate, I wouldn't bother. He's either a retard or pretending to be a retard.

Im sorry that I dont see the appeal of having identical projects to others.

Still feels all very similar, like everyone playing space marines in 40k

Well again mr asshole, these others are doing full conflicts either FIW or AWI which are different whereas mine is close to that tv show TURN. Just because we use warlord figures doesnt mean shit

>Im sorry that I dont see the appeal of having identical projects to others.
You are confusing appeal with not being a deterrent.

The APPEAL isn't that other people are doing the project, the appeal (for me at least) is the history surrounding it, the painting of things I enjoy painting and liking the look of the rules I plan to use. The fact that other people like the same time period and maybe even the same rules is not a deterrent to the above appeals.

Honestly the only bad thing about seeing other people with similar projects is seeing how much better painters they are than me, otherwise it feels like a community of similar experiences and challenges with differing rulesets/army comps.

>I dont see the appeal of having identical projects to others.
None of them have identical projects, just similar starting points. One of my favorite types of competition is when you hand a group of people identical sacks of materials.Seeing how they take their tools, skills, and knowledge (not to mention research skills, in the case of /hwg/ and re-enactments) - and watching how each solves "problems" that might not even exist for others - is always a fascinating process.

The local Flames of War scene, for example, has at least five different Mid-war Soviet armor groups. All have very similar composition, using identical miniatures, yet each player has put different flair into the force and slightly tweaked it to his/her own tastes. Stowage, terrain and basing choices, modeled tank riders, &c. all make each one unique.

So when goes "hey I'm buying the same stuff" I can guaran-fucking-tee that they'll have two completely different-looking forces by the time they're done regardless of hte starting point.

Sit back, shut the fuck up, and watch someone enjoy the process for a bit before you start waving your wrinkly pud around trying to squeeze its last drop of piss out on someone else after having had your morning drink.

Something a little unusual but maybe interesting. I have here the Turnierbuch, part of the famous 'Triumphs of Maximilian I'

This is a collection of copies of preparatory drawings by Hans Burgkmair the Elder, most likely made by his son. It's some good eye candy and a useful reference for anyone who wants to paint Renaissance knights.

dont thank me. thank my club. they were the ones that stepped up and got it done for you!

Nice, I've only had bits of this in un-postable xboxheug sized .jpgs previously.

Gorgeous, thanks user.

This. Keep /hwg/ comfy, don't respond to bait/morons

For those interested there's also the Book of Armaments which is basically the same thing but for cannons.

It's 560 pages long and a pretty huge file though, so you can get that one yourselves if you want it

wdl.org/en/item/8971/

Thank you immensely. Gonna add these to the end of the Drill Treatise pastebin tonight. I'll be keeping an eye out for more early books on cannon and firearms fabrication as well, it's a particular hobby of mine but I've been busy doing up 6mm modern/SF/PA terrain and household maintenance of late.

This is easily my favourite page.

That website also has a tasty selection of armorials and other manuscripts.

>kickstarter.com/projects/536771983/mounted-rennaisance-knights?
Mounted sculpts. A bit pricey compared to Perrys.

Eh, it's not too bad for command models or line-stiffeners. There's only seven basic models, after all. Granted, that 16# for three models will also get you just this side of six Perry metal Kinghts in-the-white, but they're in outdated/trashy armor for the late Renaissance.

Of course, you could also hawk up the 30# for the set of sixteen heads and plumes, get a free mini into the bargain, and tack them onto a Perry Plastics box for some character - let's be honest, some of the heads in there suck ass. I'll probably drop some dosh into this with my birthday money.

I saw, and the calligrapher in me is pissing himself with glee at the missals and Books of Hours in there. I've got to leave for work in a few, though, so I've pretty much spent my hobby time for the day.

LAV-75

AYE

LCVP Higgins

Well Veeky Forums I've begun the epic journey of painting and basing all my 1/72 WW2 minis. No more will cardboard be my base. Starting with 70 bases, but I have probably 200 in total to do... Entire Soviet, US, Wehrmacht, British, Royal Italian and Imperial Japanese Infantry Battalions (something like 20+ platoons for each faction) I've been putting it off for 5 or 6 years, so high time I committed.

Also going to do up some Japanese MG nests (the 1" X 1" squares) so that should be fun - essentially a small built up grassy area with an MG poking out.

About time as well.

Looks like you could stand to paint them and get proper storage too.

thank god your minis have been ass. Welcome to the glory zone

Why play on a curved table? is it so you can reach everything, but then why not just a normal rectangle. Im confused

It's a panoramic picture user, the table's not curved.

It's not curved though, it's a panoramic shot

im a retard

Probably a little bit yeah.

faggot

fucking libraries stamping the shit out of old manuscripts

can´t stop immagining Elizabeth like Queenie, blackadder ruined me

As it happens that same company (TAG Miniatures) do a set based on Blackadder S2, called "The Cunning Courtier".

Glad to see that your minis finally get some more love.

They deserve it user! Take your time and keep us informed. I always like to see your stuff.

What material are the new bases made from? Mdf?

Glad to hear. Make sure you get some plastidip to prevent chipping on soft plastic. And post progress, 1:72 warms my heart

Balsa wood. Nice and easy to work with, had them all cut and beveled within about 30 min.

Holy shit we just playtested an Okinawa type scenario - U.S. Force outnumbering a heavily dug in Japanese force. one of the most heart-breaking games I've ever played - U.S. infantry fight their way through the forest, dislodging MG nests, and finally make it to the objective hill, running out of the forest directly into a kill zone of bunker systems... 7 platoons all dead.
Gonna have to up the points for the allies in that scenario: from 150% the points value of the Japanese force to 200%. Bunkers are brutal, but me and my buddy devised a way to deal with the situation: send in Sherman flame tanks first, get mortars to lay smoke, and send the infantry in at the very last minute, once the infantry in the bunkers had been thinned out a bit.
Bunkers may be brutal, but Flame tanks are equally brutal.

Plastidip, where would you get that in Europe ? Also, spray or the can to actually dip the mini in or paint it on ? (Not the user you recommended it to btw)

Check if your country has a distributor, mine has, I order directly from them. Get the transparent spray, that's what you need.

>Plastidip

Never heard of that stuff, but literally the first result in google for me:

plastidip-shop.de

2nd:

en.plastidip.eu

Anyone knows a thing about next edition of Ambush Alley?

Less focus on vehicles, supposedly reworking reactions to some degree, giving the book a not shit layout. There's bits and pieces posted on the AAG forums.

Since I didn't/couldn't get Force on Force, I think I should get this...even tho it's scenario based, fingers crossed for a points system.

But on a slightly related note, Ironfist said they are working on a Cold War version for their own system too, so I might just leave AA/FoF where it is.

There is a points system in the new AA.

Oh, glad to hear, thanks.