Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Friendly reminder to tell us what 3pp your game allows if you need character building help.

Pretty tokens ahoy. How important do you feel aesthetically pleasing tokens are for game enjoyment? Which kind of tokens do you prefer - portrait or top-down?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq (embed)

Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warriors playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1dX4UYdtwTQKhY71Q45IHLtcu193zq1ZO5jHQ5_PnTl8/edit

Bloodforge: Infusions playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit

Legendary Vigilantes playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

sendspace.com/file/hmpbli
theworldissquare.com/feat-taxes-in-pathfinder/
d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/feats
imgur.com/a/RaOyW
imgur.com/a/r2TOH
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Tokens really don't matter, but they're nice to have if they're good.

Yeah, but did it HAVE to be? I mean, you had glaivelocks and those were strong, but if you didn't try to powergame it the class would still be functional, you know?

It's nice if you feel like playing a caster but don't want to go and deal with vancian or psionics or something else zany. You had invocations for your utility and blast for your zap.

No severe weaknesses, no ridiculous strengths, no overcomplicated mechanics. Man, I never thought I'd miss 3.5.

Where do you go to get fillable sheets?

I prefer portrait to top down.

Though, a few threads back there was a really slick looking roll20 screencap where everyone's tokens used the same artstyle and were full body portraits with transparent backgrounds, so they all looked like they were standing on the map.

As an artist I'm kinda tempted to do that for the players in my game but time/effort/etc

It was an incredible customizable class though

At will everything.
I couldn't love it hard enough.

Clawlock with shadow pounce, my fav

Found the pic in question.

I'll admit. I mostly used it as a demi-caster with survivability, invisibility plus illusions, fogs and darkness, teleport, and later, everything I did bestowed negative levels? Loved it even if it sucked for a lot.

Mythweavers. Prefer the traditional sheets to the experimental ones, though.

Would anyone like 266 MB of mostly anime-style tokens, with a grand total of 347 tokens? If so, they can be downloaded here:

sendspace.com/file/hmpbli

Here is a bonus token.

I can't begin to describe how disappointed I was in the Kineticist when I saw those blasting powers and thought it was the Warlock reborn.

IS IT REALLY SO HARD TO MAKE A GOOD "I SHOOT ELDRITCH FIRE FROM MY PALMS" CLASS?

Paizo refuses to At-Will anything.

I boosted them to a D8 for my home games, and gave them a handful more invocations. might give them some more magic item tomfoolery, but I'm no professional.

>tfw you will never experience an 'official' at-will class again

I appreciate that, actually. I should be able to use at least a few of those. Thanks.

Warlock wasn't even good unless you either abused the fuck out of UMD or turned then into a faux-melee class, complete with full attack reliance.

Just started a Runelords campaign yesterday, PC's are right before the glass works. They still have a long time until midnight. Any interesting encounters for the PC's to go through to make the city more alive/make them feel more vested in its defense?

Doesn't matter; it was a matter of ease of use and enjoying the class, and enjoying the flavor of it intertwined with the mechanics.

It's the same problem as the Scarred Witch Doctor change, just in a slightly different direction.

That was kinda the point. I didn't really go with either of those paths, but made it a demi caster with an endless bag of tricks. Had a ton of fun even being sub-optimal. Would -love- for a professional level warlock reborn, but eh....

Thanks brah, anything standalone?

Mechanically sure, but flavor?

You're playing a charismatic piece of shit that's bargained for power with a weird outer power and can launch bolts of energy from your fingers at-will, among other things.

It's an incredibly flavorful and fun class to use without a lot of difficulty to play.

Shayliss Vinder insists on taking the party out for a night on the town and show them the sights, maybe sneak a quickie with her lover boy while doing so.

Party goes to Rusty Dragon and hears Ameiko sing while enjoying the spicy food.

Visit the brothel and talk to the local whores, who turn out to be quite home-oriented and casual (it's a small town, everyone knows everyone.)

I currently have a level 5 Antipaladin and I am wondering what feats to take from this point onwards. My party has someone who can make magical weapons and armor and no eastern weapons are available so I'm going to be using a Greatsword or Falchion. The feats I currently have are Intimidating Prowess, Power Attack, Fast Learner and Channel Smite. I have access to Fire Mountain 3pp and most of the regular stuff.

Basically level 5 Antipaladin, do I go for a crit build ( Improved crit, focus crit and bleeding crit). Display build (Weapon Focus, Dazzling display, Shatter Defences, Savage Display, Cornugon Smash). Or a VS/Sunder build ( Improved Sunder, VS, IVS, Devastating Strike).

Also after saying which kind of build, can you suggest an order to take the feats? - Cheers

>GM hates Paizo's errata and numerous other things
>Houserules against feat taxes with this link
theworldissquare.com/feat-taxes-in-pathfinder/
>Have Manyshot, Snapshot, Point Blank Master and Clustered Shots as a level 7 Ranger, with permanent Aspect of the Falcon

>Rangers are deft skirmishers, either in melee or at range, capable of skillfully dancing in and out of battle.
Is it true?

Yes, see Treantmonk's guide for more info.

As a switch-hitter Ranger, you can use Composite Longbow and Greatsword both pretty well.

>skillfully dance in and out of battle
>No acrobatics, not even perform: dance
How they move in and out of battle better than anyone?

Switch hitting is too resource intensive for any sensible 1pp build.
Sure, you'll always have something to do whether you're in melee or range, but you'll never be good at what you're doing.

I'm playing the artisan currently and as an artisan you get scribe scroll as a bonus feat.

Question is, how would one make a scroll without being able to cast any spells?

This, Switch Hitting was pretty great when PHB was the only avaliable source, maybe even with advanced player's guide. But the more splats the worse switch hitter became, now is literally shit.

I thought the only feat you needed to be good in melee was Power Attack?

People go to far in the other direction, way to far.

>Play a half-drow Mesmerist in Iron Gods
>Other party members are a half-orc ranger and a tiefling investigator.
>First Mesmerist Trick: Fearsome Disguise
>24/7 Disguise Self that can be dispelled to get a free intimidate check
>Disguise myself as a pretty-boy elf.
>Get Sleeves of Many Garments
>Wear colorful, over-the-top clothes
>Walk around with a cane and an overdone signet ring
>Put ranks in Perform: Comedy, and Profession: Stage Magician
>Insist on going to the inn and doing stand up comedy for the people there.
>Insist on performing sleight of hand for children of the town.
>Bill myself as CALIN MALLISTO, SORCERER SUPREME, ENTERTAINER EXTRAORDINAIRE.
>Have a book full of Pages of Spell Knowledge
>Get a bird and call it my familiar
>Be a mesmerist who fakes being a sorcerer who fakes being a wizard
>Explain my ability to ignore somatic and verbal components (I have thought and emotion components) as a secret from across the sea, taught to me by a dying witch on the last full moon of the year.
>Be a stage magician in a world where wizards exist
>Stage magic can't be detected as magic
>Profit.

Whatcha think of it, /pfg/?

Val Baine is going to love you.

1pp is where switch hitting is probably best, since you can't TWF that well.

> Literally shit
Switch Hitter Ranger isn't good for minmaxers, or people used to Top tier classes, however it is competent in both melee and ranged damage.

And Furious Focus, and Weapon Focus to later pick some of the Critical feats.

Reapeat now for Bows.

Right now is shit because you have feats that allow you to fire your bow at melee without provoking AoO, so literally stupid to spend feats on quick draw, quick sheathe, power attack, etc.

>Furious Focus
You really don't need furious focus to be good in melee lol.

Weapon Focus and critical feats you will probably want yes, however they do work with bow (yes bow has shit threat range).

Guys what class would be best for a grappler with light armour for skulls and shackles? Brawler or an unarmed fighter of sorts?

Paizo stuff only i'm afraid

You literally described a Brawler.

Grab Throat Slicer for ultimate CQC.

1 Monk/X Hair Witch.

What would be a balanced way to allow Dex to damage in 3.PF? I don't like the Agile weapons -- I hate that they tie and important part of my character's abilities to his weapons.

Basically I went with a Deadly-Defense and Combat Expertise build with two weapon fighting, which is not ideal but it fights the "two weapon duelist ranger" I was going for. He starts out with 20 Dexterity but I had to give him decent Strength to have some damage modifier. In reality I would want him to have 11 to 13 Strength maximum. I wouldn't dump it completely but the point is he is a skinny elf but good at swordfighting.

If there were a feat that allowed you to add Dex to damage with melee weapons (basically obliviating strength) what would the feat taxes be, in order to be balanced? Basically doing it the way 5e does it, except I hate that 5e didn't at least require a feat to get Dex to damage.

Exactly what I was looking at, cheers man.
I suppose I will just follow it up with the grapple feat chain?

How do things like brass knuckles interfere with the unarmed strike? Do they stack? Do the brass knuckles replace the unarmed damage? I can find no clear answer on it.

Allow it for finesse weapons without any investment.

Don't forget paying enchantment costs on two weapons at once, making it just as expensive as TWF in gp costs.

Yes brass knuckles replace unarmed damage, because Piazo hates you.

I wish I was just making a joke.

Obviously it's reasonable to ask your gm to just add the brass knuckles damage dice on top though.

DSP just says dex to damage is a feat.
You also need weapon finesse, so it's essentially a two feat cost.

Some people complain about it at first glance but really it hasn't created any problems - and with how often some anons pounce on and whine about DSP's mistakes, we'd definitely have heard by now if it did.

>the average /pfg/-goer's rig

If it's a martial, make it cost a feat, but make it unusable for monks, in fact, if monk, fuck him and come up with ways of destroying his character.
-Paizo

Weapon Finesse + Deadly Agility is a fine cost. Two feats is a LOT just to have basic competence, and Str builds will have more damage on top of being two feats ahead in their build.

IIRC, the price for an amulet of mighty fists was dropped in an errata a while back. I don't know what the new price is off the top of my head, but if you only want brass knuckles so you can have affordably-enchanted punching then you might try to find out what the new price for an amulet is.

If not, and you only want brass knuckles for flavor/appearance, then hopefully your DM is accommodating enough to let it be just fluff and not have them have mechanical effect.

It used to be x3 the price of a +1 weapon
Now is """""""just"""""" x2 the price of a +1 weapon

Keys by monitor check, three screens check, why would a scrub have a PS3 or two bins in their room?

>Piazo makes it this complicated just to have characters be semi competent at one thing
>Even fucking Rifts lets you have a character be competent/actually rather good at several things to start with, no real strings attached.

How do you fuck up that badly?

>Keeping all those situational backup wands

This guy obviously knows how to play a T1 wizard properly.

>fluffing a wizard as a massive slut using dildo-shaped wands
That... sounds fun.

>Piazo makes it this complicated just to have characters be semi competent at one thing
Only if you aren't a caster

>DSP just says dex to damage is a feat.

Sauce?

I'm fine with a two-feat cost. I understand Dex to damage makes Dex a god stat (does AC, attack and damage) but for the cost of a couple feats I think that's fair to break the system a bit.

I neither own nor want a gun!

And now they can accommodate huge members with rubber/stretchy body!

Wizards strike me as the types that should be huge sluts anyway, when you've got unlimited cosmic power you can fuck whatever you want.

d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/feats

Deadly Agility

Even then skill wise your only mildly ok as a caster knowing one or two skills just ok or several poorly, compared to Rifts where your character is actually trained and competent at what they do know.

>Sauce?
Deadly Agility

You can always take an agile weapon too.

A lot of good systems do that, where most of your abilities are given at character creation. See savage worlds and shadowrun. Pathfinder unfortunately doesn't.

>God stat
If you spend 2 feats.
Meanwhile with those 2 feats a Str combatant has Power Attack and Furious Focus (for example), so he outdamages you hard (weapon that deals more damage + power attack).

Thanks, I realized I should google it about 2 seconds after I posted that. Sorry... but thanks for the link.

I did do this, but I had to wait til higher levels to do it.

>Didn't read to the top of the reply chain

good job

That's assuming there's a magic item market. And if they stole your weapon, lol you're useless.

>And if they stole your weapon, lol you're useless.
Applies to nearly every martial ever.

Yeah, it's why I'm glad my gm moved away from this system, God pathfinder really is the garbage of the roll playing world.

>Being a yuropoor

Nope, just not healthy for me.

I noticed the newly released Horror Adventures book isn't in there. Anyone have a link to it?

Have any of you acquired an artifact?
What was it's effect?

No, but I disjoined one, once.

It's what allowed the Princes of Hell to teleconference to make business decisions regarding the Soul Trade. We also killed the Prince of Hell who had control of the main server.

I once gave an artifact to a play that could sunder literally anything with a Sunder check. She spent most of her time surfing on it like it was a magic carpet (sundering Gravity).

Well, it wasn't really an acquisition per se. The GM was going to have a villain use some kind of grand artifact apparatus thing that could only be used once, but would force a spell effect to be spread to everybody on the planet. The villain was going to use a near permanent charm effect in a classic bid to rule the world that had a long casting time.

During the final fight, I ruined the plan by casting my own spell on the artifact rather than letting him do it. The GM apparently didn't expect anybody to think to do this, and I ended up turning the planet blue for a week, because my first thought was Prestidigitation.

Haunted Heroes
imgur.com/a/RaOyW
Horror Adventures
imgur.com/a/r2TOH

Jesus the that sunder artifact sounds op as all hell compared to other artifacts

nice.

The concept itself is great. Just a heads-up, though, the first few levels until you get Psychic Inception might be a bit rough, since IG has a lot of undead and construct enemies. As long as you're prepared for that, you should be fine.

Well, they still had to make the check, which increased based on the what they were doing. Sundering a spell had a DC equal to dispelling it, for example. The only thing it could auto sunder was the tops off of a mountain, because it was based off of Caladbolg.

>GM recommends you to grab combat reflexes because you're a martial and you have high Dex
>Ok
>Doesn't let you grab anything in where to spend those extra AoOs
I regret not knowing he was a cunt sooner and wasting 16 hours of my life playing this shitty game

>I sunder the BBEG's neck

Takes the same penalties as a called shot to the vitals. DC is his CMD vs. Sunder. The hardness from his armor applies (with Mage Armor having the hardness of a Wall of Force) to your damage, and if you deal less than 50 damage or half his hitpoints (whichever is less) after Hardness, you only make him mute for 1d4 rounds. 1/2 HP/50+ damage would be a save vs death, though.

Eh? Don't you just need a reach weapon?

Unarmed monk, user.

So, to sunder gravity, it'd need to be able to sunder stuff without being in physical contact with it.
So, could you not just repeatedly sunder his neck from a distance until it breaks?

Considering the ranger and investigator have been doing most of the first book by themselves, I have a feeling he'll manage.

Investigator here. Mutagen is fun as fuck, too bad I still do shit damage because >rapier
Maybe I really should have gunned for a LV-enhanced Warlock instead.

No, it's in physical contact with Gravity, in the sense that Gravity's force is directly affecting it. It sunders that effect.

Mind, you have to have a very distinct sort of player for this sort of stuff. Someone who would abuse the toys they've been given to the extent you're attempting to, would not receive them in the first place.

>Monk
Well there's your problem.
If you're unchained you can still go for a double-chained kama, a kusarigama (sickle and chain), or a kyoketsu shoge.

I strongly prefer tokens with a simpler art style
even the one in the OP doesn't look that good on a table.
Fewer details, more clear picture of what it is. Fewer colors.

I prefer portrait-style tokens, but old-school standees are the best.

I prefer 1/1 squirrel tokens myself.

But those are all exotic. And no, he doens't allow unchained because he doens't allow 9th level casters either.

Asmodeus sucks and is overused.

What should I use for my fiendish cosmology that isn't just "red guy with horns?"

Unchained are proficient in any monk weapons. And you should find a new group or talk to your dm.

Ahriman

thanks. I am guessing a PDF isn't available yet then.