Inquisitorial Penal Regiment Veeky Forums: There's no place like home Edition

Well, well, well. We've finally exited the warp, and are now over your intended destination, Admiral Sternbridge! Good luck with your promotion!

Now then... The Comm officer was saying something about a distress beacon that was coming from the warp... Apparently from some ship known as "The Herald of Imperial Goodwill"?
-----------------------------------------------------------
1d4Chan: 1d4chan.org/wiki/Campaign:Penal_regiment_designation_Veeky Forums

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/40k_penal_regiment.

FAQ:
>What the fuck is this?
Somewhat a campaign of crack-infused free-form roleplay in the grim darkness of the far future.

>When do you guys make these threads?
Usually mondays at 4PM GMT, but they sometimes extend to Tuesdays if we got caught in the middle of something when the thread died and it was too late to make another one the same day.

>Can I join in?
Sure, just think of a character and have fun, you can find most info in 1d4chan albeit it's ussually a little bit out of date in comparison to where the threads are.

>Is there any requirement in character creation.
Not really, we've had Xeno infiltrators, Chaos infiltrators, Villains, Heroes, Normal Guardsmen, Crazed Guardsmen, Assassins, Psykers, Space Marines, Inquisitors, Squats... just think whathever and join the fun.

>Is it allowed to have more than a single character?
Yes as long as you don't use it to powerplay.

>So how you guys do the playan'?
We tend to use spoilers for OOC chat, but nothing is set in stone.
We tend to use greentexts for describing a character's actions, but again nothing is set in stone.
Use d20s for combat checks and d100s for other things you want to roll, higher Is better.
It's important to know that the regiment is now in the employ of a radical Ordo Xenos Inquisitor, with influence from an Ordo Malleus Inquisitor and under the watch of an Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor. Yes we've been through a lot of shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0YIJQ1jgEI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Would spit the recaff she was drinking when hearing "Herald of Imperial Goodwill" on the comms

>Returning from the Chapel, which seems the place he spent the most time since coming aboard

>Seems he has developed a smoking habbit, since being exposed to theese luxuries

>He'd take a seat across from her.
What's up Vic? I thought you were going to be piloting that ship you wanted.

>Is seated in his quarters, waiting
Soon, my dear friend. Soon we will have our vengeance.

>Passes by, pipe sticking out of his mouth

Good morning, how is the morale?

>Coughs, Recaff went into the wrong direction.
I'd be doing that after breakfast, but now the damn Herald is back apparently, which should not be possible! It was abandoned with no one inside right?! And even if someone was left behind the ship was too damaged and tattered, it is impossible someone survived there

He said what?! This is horrible news!

I just wish to return part of the crew with the rest of the crew, I have no hard feelings for being left behind. I can not feel.

Better in the back. The usual in the front... how about you?

>He'd do. Spit take towards peepers upon hearing this.

WHAT! THE HERALD IS BACK!?!

How do you think it is?
Our old ship appeared out of the warp!

YES! THAT WAS MY REACTION TOO!

You will not get in my way, though?

Quite "dandy" as the men would call it, a few days of rest was all i needed
>blows smoke, respectivly away from his conversation partner
The herald?

Whathever the crew does to the crew is to be resolved by the crew unless interrogator Greely orders otherwise.

Yes, you pipe smoker Hoarkers sack! The Herald apparently sent out a distress beacon from the god damn warp!

I hope those Chaos brother fuckers didn't take our old ship... that would suck...
hint hint for your own army adept!

YES!

>Steps out of the chapel
Yes, and since you all are quite familiar with the Herald, we're going to need the regiment very soon.

>takes the metal pipe out of his mouth and holds in a lungfull, thinking
that's good to hear, i liked that ship, i slew my first nob on it
>small clouds escape him as he talks

You mention it like he -Needs- an army to kill us all

Excellent. I will see If I could spare a few of them to keep you company as well, friend. Would you like their heads on a table or in a closet?

FINALLY, AFTER YEARS OF WAITING. I CAN INTRODUCE MY NEW CHARACTER!

HOW THR FUCK DID YOU GET ON MY SHIP!?!

>He'd turn to the other rogue trader.

And how in the WARP, did you get aboard MY ship!? Hmm...?
>As he says this, six of his men would aim their weapons towards the man.

I'd preffer to study this AI they left behind more... it is... fascinating...

Of course. Nonetheless, I shall prepare my table for the quests.

So what do we do with the Herald now? Should we board it?

WELL! WE'RE WAITING!!!
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0YIJQ1jgEI

Trade secret of course. And also on Inquisition business I'd say.

Also do put those guns down, blue on blue fire is so faux pas.

That's for our Rogue trader friend to say. But if it's coming from the warp, we can't really do anything about it for now.

Aren't there like.....people just for boarding Space Hulks? Why don't we get them?

>The Rogue trader would flash the man a pleasant smile. But otherwise, nothing would happen.
>The guards would keep their weapons aimed at the man before them.

>THE LOUD THUNDERING SOUND OF A EXPLOSION CAN BE HEARD FROM WHEREVER THE FUCK ENERGY PODS WOULD LIKELY BE AT. I DONT KNOW BECAUSE I HAVENT BEEN IN THREAD FOR A WHILE SO BEAR WITH ME

>steps on to his shuttle, bags in hand, followed by several servitors
Finally.
>over vox
I'm leaving for Praetoria now. You kids be good while I'm gone. Don't be getting into any fights with... Necrons, or super-cannibals or anything ridiculous like that.
>the shuttle takes off, and heads for the Bakka's surface

>sits down and pours himself some recaff, ever since his smoking habbit he seems very chill with his position in life

>the chill goes out the window, he jumps up
"What"

Yeah, that's usually a squad of Terminators. And unless you happen to have some in speed dial. I think we'll be stuck waiting.

uhm-... why? We're not even on the Herald anymore. Or on an inquisitors ship. We're all on-board a rogue trader ship that probably would have detected that sort of thing before it could happen.

>shakes his head and picks up his pipe
Excuse me, i had a feeling..nevermind

Well what do we do then? We can't exactly 'play hero'.

Come now. It's getting unpleasant. We're all servants of the God-Emperor here. Much as I'd like to get back to the Fortune's Call and away from this gauche design, I made a promise to the Inquisition to retrieve something from the Herald. And I do, so, so very much hate to be made a liar,

>Alice strides towards the 'Lines where one Recruit Cromwell would recently have completed her training with the Stormtroopers.
Trooper Cromwell! Front and center!

I could fly us there... If we had a squad of special troops preppared. Also, hello Oddball, how s the crew?

>The Herald slowly drifts towards Bakka system´s sun, watched over by the ships stationed there
>It´s power readings are minimal, only the quickly decaying backup energy powering what little remains of the emergency lighting
>Its weapons are missing, and it has been repaired after the combat
>Yet new hull breaches scar the ship, even worse than those left by the Orks

Ah, Gauche design you say?
>He'd co ti ue to smilr pleasantly towards the man.

I'm sorry to hear that! Maybe you'd prefer the look of the ship from the OUTSIDE? Maybe through the use of one of our many airlocks! I hear the view is quite "Breath taking"!

>This farse seems to be working out due to the fact that... Well she's still alive and not assassinated for leaving the temple.
Sir!
>Steps forth and salutes

I have no clue what is going on.
So retcon that, I guess. Hm, how could I introduce this character?

All you need is to obtain permission from the captain if this fine vessel.

>smokes his steel pipe, drinks recaf and lubricates the joints of his cybernetics

Arthur thinks that you might make a good......replacement for the comrade I lost....as if it's even possible. So come along, we have a new mission.
>Alice turns and leaves, heading for a waiting thunderhawk.

I will NEVER understand how you can do that with most of your body being bionic now...

I'd also need the admiral's permission to deploy troops on the void.

Wasn't the Admiral down on planet as of a half hour ago? Supposedly receiving a promotion?

Aye aye ma'am, inmediately!
>Follows, hiding her nervous smile, it is really working.

I... Wasn't informed...
She sounds saddened.

>shrugs
Lho-sticks didnt work for me so well before when i had a whole body,
but now i cant go without them, i think less mass means more effect

Although, my organ sack has been smelling life caffeine lately
>re-attaches his left leg to the human knee stump

And I think our Inquisitor just left the ship on a shuttle towards Bakka.

>The Thunderhawk takes off once the pair board it, headed for the Fourth Horseman.
>Within the Thunderhawk's bay are a varied assortment of personnel, mainly varying sorts of Engineers, Enginseers and Stormtroopers, along with a pair of Non-Combatant Techpriests.

There are many... Tripulants who took the teachings of the mechanicus here, ma'am, more than what should be usual...

What kind of mission you need me for?

Rolled 7 (1d100)

>throws the empty plastic cup at the trashcan across the room

>Gives a long metalic sigh and goes clean up his mess before returning to his seat and wraps up the lubrication

Good that you asked Trooper Cromwell. A Spacehulk has appeared near Bakka and I drew the short straw, so myself, yourself, and this team are headed off to go check it out. Should only be an hour's Warp Transit.

Come now my good man, I rather not start our working relationship with threats and barbarism. Besides, the ship has rather errr...how should I put it...ah, a rather rustic view.

You adapting to the new bionics, peepers?

Weither or not the use of an airlock is needed at this moment, is entirely up to you. All I require is an answer to my earlier question.

How. Did. You. Get. On. My. Ship.

I see. What kind of ship? How many men exactly?

Adapting, yes, it will take a while to fully get used to the weight of the arm,
but when i do i could arm wrestle orks

>crushes an empty can in his hand intill its compact enough to sit on

>the door slides open and Sternbridge walks in
That was tedious. Malak, I want the regiment moved to my new flagship by 0700 hours. The Vengeful Dawn is undergoing its final checks before it is cast into the void.

Navy says it's an Arbite ship of some sort, don't know the name, can't detect any identification Cogitator.
>The Thunderhawk lands, then the Horseman is headed into the Warp.

Well, if you still want to check out that space hulk, I'll grant you permission to check it out.

>He'd stand up from the table.

On the grounds that we get permission from Marth to check it out.

Crew is fine miss, probably just watching some old War Picts or something. Want to join them?

That's great to hear, my friend.
>Salutes as the admiral steps in.

At ease, [RANK] Sorry, I'm not sure what her rank actually is.

>click snap pop whiz
>rises and salutes

I volunteer

>He'd give the man a crisp salute.

Understood, Sir! But it appears that we have some strange news to report!

About an hour after your departure from the ship this morning. Your 'friend', and his crew made a rather shocking discovery.

Apparently the Herald just dropped out of the warp, near the systems sun. And it was flashing it's distress beacon.

>pops up behind Malak
"Hello, sir...sergeant i believe? What is going on?"

How many men are we taking, ma'am?

Have you run a scan?

>He'd tilt his head at the man, a confused look on his face.

I think you have the wrong person... I'm a Captain... the nearest sergeant is over there.

Not sure how you expect me to do that Admiral. This is the Rogue traders ship we're on...

But he probably has by now. But you'd be better off asking him about it.

>Sternbridge quickly seeks out Marth
Tell me all that you know about the Herald.

"Ah, apologies, sir commander...I do not believe we have not met yet?"

Hrmh........a Company of Stormtroopers, Platoon of Royal Engineers...12 Enginseers and two 'Non-Combatant' Techpriests, if such a thing is possible.

[spoioer]If she'd still used attack craft instead of a VTOL she'd be squadron commander, right now, as Valks have a crew, she is Wing commander[/spoiler]
Yes, sir.
>Relaxes.
I am afraid that is no longer up to tiu, captain.
I'd like to, not sure if I'll have time to now though.

>The scanners indicate the ship has almost zero power, nearly no life signs and nearly half of its interior is voided

Nonsense! There's always time for movies! They're the classics as well!

I am glad to see the visions plauge you no more,
as ive feared, it was only the leftover aura of the heretic lingering for a while

They'll return alive, ma'am, I'll make sure of it!

And I told you, Captain. Trade Secret. A hint though, you really should employ more trustworthy crew to guard the foodstuff for your dinner.

>Turns to the Admiral.
And my dear Admiral, so sorry I couldn't formally introduce myself.

I am Captain Roarke, of the Fortune's Call and of House Steele. We were briefly acquainted during that nasty Nurglite business.

>Bows flamboyantly

Yes, I feel fine, thanks to you and Oddball here.
W-well I guess I could unless someone calls me for a drift down ti the Hulk.

is she wearing the vest?

Well that was all Anya, I just delivered it. But come along, Movies will be fun.
>Oddball heads back towards the Bay.

Good to hear

>leaves to the regimental armory and suits up with flak armor, grenades, boltpistol and a chainsword,
>keeps his head uncovered, as is tradition among non-cannon fodder

Yes, I believe so. You performed admirably.

>The rogue trader would become ecstatic at the sight of the Admiral.
Ah! Admiral! It's great to see you again! How did things on Bakka go? Pleasent I hope!

And my sincere apologises for not mentioning that to you when you first boarded. We had a rather... unusual "guest" come aboard... we've got him in a "nice" room right now nice room being a cell and buttnaked since he player decided not to say anything. We'll let him go in a bit.

And I'm afraid there's not much to say.
Your old ship sent out a distress beacon about five minutes before exiting the Warp. A moment later, the beacon was cut off, and the ship transfered back to the void. It's currently drifting a short distance from the systems sun, and appears to be low on power.

>The man would give a lopsided frown.

It appears your old ship has taken quite the beating. Even more than what you had told me about earlier. No weapons could be detected on-board, and its void shields are barely holding.

Admiral... if anyone is alive in that thing, they'll be dead by the time we reach it.

I doubt her paranoia will let her ever take it off now.
Oh, ok!
>Follows

scratch the part about a cell then for now.

Yes...
>He'd say through clenched teeth.

And he was just about to leave.... preferably through an airlock if he doesn't comply...

>"note to self... up the pay for everyone aboard. And do additonal checks I to everyones actions throughout the last week..."

That's not the way we left it...
>Over the vox to Malak
Captain, I'm ordering a boarding expedition to the Herald. We will find out who commandeered my old ship, and deliver unto them the Emperor's justice.

Well now, I believe I owe you and Ms. Wellesy a dinner. But the Inquisition never rests and they require a service of this poor Rogue Trader. Hence, my necessity on trespassing this fine rustic vessel. Here are the orders.

>Takes out from his longcoat a voxdrone bearing an embellished =][=

Afraid not, my good man. Inquisition business and all that.

>Peepers and his squad of pious and devoted guardsmen wait in the hangar armed to the teeth and wearing the emperor's icons of worship

Understood Admiral! I'll have a group ready in about five minutes.

>As Marth: "And I'll have my ship brought about. You can also tell your remaining pilots to feel free to use any craft I have aboard."