Sci-fiction role-players BTFO

Sci-fiction role-players BTFO

After a burn like that, I bet all sciencefiction will up and collapse within the decade.
Oh, wait.

>1953
>Google
Advanced shitposting in action?

It's a mostly-accurate mockery of sci-fi RPGs. Which is why we mostly play them as fantasy with laser-guns.

I'm fine with that. He's write about fiction emulating those games being hackery, but that's ok. Summer reads, or beach reads, are actually supposed to be hackery.

Hey, it was the 50's. Science fiction sucked until roughly the late 60's, where it became far better than fantasy forever and a day

Also Raymond Chandler bitching about things being written obtusely is hilarious

>Google had told me

Huh.

But I play star wars, not science fiction

Chandler was from the future. He's making fun of SF fiction to cover up the trail.

You know, that kinda reminds me, admittedly to a lesser extent, of urban fantasy as well...

That sounds cool though.

There were some great sci-fi works before that, but overall, yeah, when it stopped trying to be PLANETARY FANTASY and started focusing on the philosophical implications of advanced technology, and writing actual good stories set in futuristic settings, that's when sci-fi blew most other fictional genres out of the water.

>google
THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS

>google told me
>he was right
>he
This is pretty clearly White Hero Not White Sidekick (robits aren't white)

There's a reason, why most science fiction and fantasy fiction genres are considered to be literary ghettos. And lots of authors who write sci-fi try to disguise that shit with terms like speculative fiction.

Well, I mean, science fiction is pretty awful. Fantasy forever, or bust.

idk how somebody could have an opinion this shit

Doesn't he know that it'll be [current year] in just 63 years, and that White Hero is frowned upon?

Has anyone here read pic related trilogy? I'm on the second book

I have. I loved it to be honest.

The gall of him, being white half a century before it's declared a hate crime.

Same, I even base my risk factions after the ones here. It's a nice political chess book that serves as an analogue for Rome

This was true for a while, and then it was just never true again. I think the tipping point is like the 1960s as says.

In fairness, you could easily save that as 'Final Fantasy 13.txt and it'd be valid

Can someone explain my what the hell is called Google in there?

user, it's the Foundation series. It's up there with LotR and Dune, for things that anyone interested in Veeky Forums is likely to have read.

I mean, just look at WH40k.

So, you mean stuff like Foundation, written in the 1940s?

To be honest, Dune is better.

Dune as a book, yes.
Dune as a trilogy is not really any better.
Dune as a series is actually worse.

STATUS
(_) not btfo
(x) btfo
(x) blown the fuck out
(x) bee tee eff oh
(x) btfoverload

>1953
>Google had told me

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS WIZARDRY?