Naval Games

What was the last naval game you played Veeky Forums, either water naval or space naval.

I just finished an awesome game of Victory @ Sea where we re-fought the battle of the denmark straight. After some lucky roles, the Bismark limped home while the Eugen sank below the waves. The Hood would be out of commission for at least 6 months, but the PoW was relatively fine.

I want to play a game with this.

What the hell is that?

I played a TOG in world of tanks, does that count as a naval battle?

>What was the last naval game you played Veeky Forums
One I play twice every week religiously.
It's called duty days.

>space naval

I play a fair bit of Full Thrust. I remember real game I abused the costs of stealth hulls being based on HP to make single HP mass 10 ships with doublestealth and screens. They died on impact, but good luck hitting the little bastards. Also they had fixed forward C1 grasers. With range extenders.

In other news, I'm never allowed to play with those again.

Been playing Rule the Waves a bit, last tabletop was a homebrewed Napoleonic game though.

>I remember real game
Last real game. jesus that's some fail.

Models I got made for said beam corvettes.

I played someone else's homebrew game of a large USN vs. IJN engagement. The Yamato one-shot killed one of my Fletchers, while another Fletcher shot 150 rounds in three minutes without hitting anything.

My whole weekend was like that.

One of these days I've gotta try and find a mediafire folder with V@S Age of Dreadnoughts.

Go look at Historical wargames general. They have a whole mediafire folder in the OP.

IRL hit rates are 3-5% though. Having a DD driving around 25+kts and not hitting anything is totally accurate.

Naval wargames can't be *too* historical, for exactly this reason. It gets boring shooting a whole game and not hitting. Designers have to find a pretty tough-to-locate balance point between playability and reality. Most say "fuck it" and have 50-70% hit rates, because that's more "fun".

>great white fleet paint scheme is best scheme

>Go look at Historical wargames general. They have a whole mediafire folder in the OP.

That was actually the first place I checked. Had a couple of V@S books but not Age of Dreadnoughts unfortunately. Oh well, back to the search.

I knew it was time to get out when I counted 4 section duty as a blessing
but I'm reupping anyway like a dunce

That's why in most wargames one attack doesn't necessarily represent one shot of the guys. Or swing of the sword. When your space marine fires his heavy bolter it's not a three round burst.

I played a small solo game of Fletcher Pratt the other week. IJN Shikinami vs USN Hammann. Guessing ranges and keeping your DDs moving correctly is interesting, even when playing both sides. Just means more practice at guessing bearing/distance to targets. I hope to get some CL/CAs or even BBs going for another game with real opponents.

Biggest take away: being good at torpedo runs is hard.

Found a guy to play Dystopian Wars against recently after like a 2 year dry-spell.
My experience with 2.0 has been much the same as with 1.1- KofB repeatedly getting BTFO by Prussians. Oh well, they were fun games.

Reminds me a bit of shadow stalkers from B5.

I think most naval games turns are 6+ minutes, so your 'hit' is one shot out of a salvo (1/9) and one salvo out of 12, so your hit% was about 1 in 108 if I did my math correctly (probably not).

The only Naval Games I play are Silent Victory and The Hunters and both are basically the same guy.

Shit ton of fun though and they're solitaire so you can play them at your leisure

>great white fleet paint scheme is best scheme

>Implying American things can be good.

Russian fleet is best fleet.

>Russian Fleet

Ah yes, the fleet that almost sank itself while engaging wooden fishing boats in the Channel, Almost sank itself off cape horn while engaging a target raft (which every ship missed, but several hits were scored on the ship towing said raft) and then made it to Japan where it was sunk in short order by japanese crewed british battleships.

At least our fleet did something meaningful. What did the Americans do with their fleet until the second world war? They sailed around the world. Once. They sailed in a circle, who cares?

Also chased a bunch of Spaniards and shelled the fuck out of a rock.

To be fair, they managed their circle without sinking.

Yeah even before shooting themselves repeatedly and getting trashed at Tsushima the Russian Baltic Fleet was having all kinds of mechanical issues and equipment breakdowns along the way.

A mess

13.5" bump