>Phase 2 fluff
mediafire.com/download/novaydro2mxo074/Phase2-fluff.pdf

>free DZC army builder
dzc-ffor.com/

>dropfleet preorder, showing prices and lotsa pics
waylandgames.co.uk/3951-dropfleet-commander

>DFC Kickstarter, lots of useful information to drudge through
kickstarter.com/projects/hawkwargames/dropfleet-commander

Reminder to ignore bait, unless it is masterfully crafted.

Initial topic of the thread: Polls from last thread you nerds
strawpoll.me/11160746
strawpoll.me/11149934
strawpoll.me/11151165

Other urls found in this thread:

truefacet.com/guide/top-10-rarest-gemstones/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO_reporting_name
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>What will Faction X be?
>Builders of the White Sphere
>AI/robots/Von-Neumanns
Why not both?

Also, PHR are really fucking popular.

We all thought it was honey. Little did we know we had been tricked into eating ABANDONIST PROPAGANDA

Quick, more memes

Continuing the ship name discussion.

What if the Shaltari dreadnought completely breaks form with its name? I honestly can't see them trying to pass any precious stone as more superspeshul than diamond or platinum.

It might end up being some rare element or maybe just something entirely different.

I mean, gold is arguably just as superspeshul as diamond.

In terms of pure value though, there are these
truefacet.com/guide/top-10-rarest-gemstones/

Gold honestly sounds really stupid.

Totally did not consider Beryl or Alexandrite, though.

>It might end up being some rare element or maybe just something entirely different.

>neutronium class dreadnought
>antimatter class dreadnought

Those are UCM reporting names, user.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO_reporting_name

Memes for the meme god.

Beyond gold and platinum, there's also silver and palladium as precious metals.

What about the Marble class dreadnought, since some of their cruisers are named after stones?

wed probably have more memes if the models were prepainted, just saying.

Does anyone have that art of the three Shaltari in a ship core?

Also, does anyone have the Christmas pic where they're all playing together?

Iridium
Icosahedrite

You are a beautiful human being, user.

So comfy.

Thanks! Do you also have the Resistance Sapper art?

> Scourge and Shaltari seemingly playing on the same team

COINCIDENCE?

This 'un?

I'll post the other four as well, why not.

yeh, thanks mate

>The one with the AA gun shoots. When he is atomised, the one with the ammo takes over.

>the energy is folded over 1000 times by expert laserswordsmiths

There, it is finished.

Fun fact, katanas were actually folded so that they had ~1000 layers, which is about 10 folds. If you folded steel 1000 times it would be completely fucking ruined.

>kickstarter commenters are humorless fags, news at 11
purge when

I wonder if our DZC admiralfag is one of the admiralposters

>DZC admiralfag
wew, the fuck did DZC come from.

Holy shit you can't post things like that. My boss will hear me laughing.

>browsing Vietnamese crochet FAQs at work

Based on the beta stats, I really do hope those UCM missile CAWs have that torrent rule, where they get more shots if going weapons free.

Looking for the feeling when you fly past, unmask turrets, unload cannons then missile massacre the abandonist trash.

>Based on the beta stats
Do you know something about the beta stats that we don't?

>tfw thread will be on life support until DFC ships

Nothing wrong with that so long as somebody switches in a fresh tank every now and then.

To be fair, we did have a good run of threads with a hell of a lot of discussion, it's not like there's been nothing to talk about these games. We've just hit a little lull, that's all.

For those who are not aware, today is a federal holiday in the US in which it is traditional for people to go to the beach or do something else outside.

I fucking scored on it this week too.

O Chem dept just straight up cancels labs for the week, so I've only got a single report to prepare, instead of two.

But anyways, Wednesday I'm going to go out and by my DZC army junk. How's the competitive scene in a wider sense in this game? I'm not looking to go hog wild on competitive stuff, I've got other wargames for that, but I am usually more oriented towards the actual game side of things.

There's reasonably regular tournaments

Fucking Americans thinking their federal shit is important fucking support the reconquest faggots ad vindictam.

No user, NOW it's finished.

Sphere preserve me, I can't breathe!

Wow, op pic I'd appropriate today

So II'm here to post my Roman UCM Colonial Legionnary paint scheme with accompanying Bear.

I know the paint job is rough but I've been painting 40K minis for a while so doing 1 CM models is a new experience

Closer look on Legionnary

Fucking phone putting my images sideways

That turned out pretty good all things considered. I like the black for the sensor pod at the front, I think it would look much worse otherwise.

The bear looks great, although I'd go for some tan, gold, or bronze secondary on some of the panels to break up the red.
It'd probably also look great on the infantryman, as the red+black is really dark on such a small model and occluded what little detail there is.

I was thinking of painting the pod Balthazar Gold but then I thought the black would probably be a safer option

Looks nice. One suggestion, it may be worth trying to add a little bit of gold onto them somewhere - at the moment I'm not really getting "roman" from the models.

What gives you the impression that Roman soldiers wore gold?

I dunno, the simplicity I like in the infantry although I see your point. I really wish I got the metal models and not the underwhelming plastic ones

Bronze, then.

Eh, the plastic starter set is cheap enough that you can get the metal infantry by themselves.

In particular, I'd recommend that you paint the dropship clamps on the side metal, and make some of the side panels a matte bronze or tan.

Keep guessing

Shit, I could have swore they had more bronze on them; very well, iron with bronze accents.

to be fair, Republican Roman infantry wore bronze helmets.

Very small amounts of brass

Yeah, but they tinned the surfaces to prevent corrosion.

Update on the Bear. Painted the dome and some panels Balthazar Gold. Looks alot better

Looking pretty good, but I still think it'd look a bit better with the blue circles painted silver, and the yellow bits painted a secondary hull color; you could try it on the spare third bear you get with the set.

I call it "Deadpool On Wheels"

topkek; if you have it, you should see what it looks like in a matte bronze, tan, or grey.

yeah, tan would probably look great actually

The best I got for tan besides buying a new color is Cadian Fleshtone

Yeah, that's a bit too orange or brown; black or dark grey works pretty good as well.

I like the Deadpool kinda look honestly, it ain't bad at all

Oh yeah, it definitely works; I'd say a grey would be better, but hey.

With some matte varnish, shading, and the lights, it'll look great.

>all these kickstarter cucks saying that Hawk's comms are bad
Do they really want nothing but weekly "situation nominal, nothing has changed" updates?
These fucking people.

I'll definitely keep you guys updated as I go on with my Roman-esque army as I go on

I want legionnaires with a 10 mm scale aquila

I could find a way to do it by using a spare 40K aquila

Last one for a bit, Roman-esque Condor

Man, I should have just painted my UCM red. Even if they would share my PHR and Shaltari colors.

To be honest, I wasn't expecting UCM to look good in red but damn do they look good

Man, I can't decide what scheme looks better; Red with grey and silver/bronze, or slate blue with grey and silver.

its space marine syndrome. Surfaces that are flat and relatively large look amazing in blue, red, black or grey. Whether it's cars, space marines, or condors, those colors just look great.

The military green the studio colors have going on also work pretty well; I think the effect works best with either cool colors, or dark colors. It doesn't work as well with bright warm colors, like yellow or orange.

It works okay, but I personally think blue and red look way better on models. I can understand disagreements on that subject though.

Personally, anything that isn't purple, orange, yellow, or exceptionally bright works the best.

IMO the UCMA units look best with the GDI color scheme. They look and feel like RTS units, particularly of the Total Annihilation or Supreme commander breed too (the Condor and a SupCom transport are almost identical)

Tbh, that looks great, could use some light grey as well.

>GDI UCM
>NOD PHR (complete with giant scorpions)
I dig.

>Scrin Scourge

What scheme would the Shaltari be?

Can't even remember what scrin looked like, scheme wise. I guess the remaining hole is blue and green?

>Can't even remember what scrin looked like, scheme wise.

Just go with a color scheme that's as vibrant green as possible, to invoke that tiberium glow. Use a dark blue to better detail shadowed areas

What said; you could make the Shaltari with the Forgotten scheme; orange, brown, and radioactive green.

In fact, maybe a bright green main hull with copper weaponry.

>GREEN. ROCKS.

>painting the Emerald class mothership like an actual emerald

They're green radioactive rocks that sublimate and assimilate other matter, user ;^)

Protoss. I'm shocked we see so little golden-yellow with bright blue gems Shaltari.

Scrin or Borg are going to be my DropFleet Scourge scheme.

Actually, you could do a CABAL theme for the Shaltari; bright, electric, icy blue compared to the Scrin-Scourge opalescent bugskin.

Geeze, I never realized how huge those things were.

The Annihilator tripod is what, 4 or 5 stories tall right? Not counting its tentacles?

>Tbh
Has the great filter been lifted?

desu Tbh DESU

>doesn't work with mixed caps and lowercase
lmao git gud Hiroshimoot

More nice color schemes pls

Yeah, but those shock troop thingies were infantry.