Do you like how Sanderson handled these books?

Do you like how Sanderson handled these books?

I was very happy with how Sanderson ended the series. Jordan has a great eye for detail, but he often overdid alot of the description in his books, which is why he eventually got to having 1000+ page books that felt like they dragged. Sanderson did a better job of cutting out the exposition and getting to the good shit. If Jordan had done the last book, he would have had to make it three books instead of one.

Which is ironic because the last book was already split into 3, so we'd really have probably 6 more books.

Jordan would have turned the final encounter with the dark one into a whole damn book if he could get away with it.

It should've had more than what it got desu. I also thought it was dumb that rand could've killed it, given that it wss supposed to be immortal and nigh omnipotent

The dark one was just a little inconcievable leech on the ultimate source of magic in the universe though. He got lucky with Lews Therin and managed to poison the well so to speak, but ultimately the dark one was as weak as wormtongue and acted like him too when Rand saw him for what he was.

Really liked how he had Moghedien actually do 'something'. Did not like alot of random asspull magic (Egwenes' suicide bombing, extra special magic on the fly to fix the seal, randomly bodyswapping Ishamael which everyone was ok with for some reason).

Oh yea, and ruined Ishamael at the very last moment.
Could have been better, could have been worse. But atleast I got an ending despite Jordans death

I honestly thought Ishmael was going to redeem himself and help destroy or seal the DO and not be just another mook that rand easily deals with

Mostly good, but I think the final confrontation between Rand and the Dark one was only just serviceable. After such a long series it was kind of underwhelming, not more dramatic than Rand meeting his antagonists in the dreams prior.

Given Rand's constant meeting with the Dark One at various climaxes, though, that was likely to be a problem regardless.

Loved it. The last three books were great and had a bunch of really cool scenes.

I absolutely adore the bit where Rand goes back to Arad Doman to see the shit he has caused and starts working his Ta'veren magic on the populace.

That, and it was finally an ending after the better part of a decade of reading books.

Yes. A thousand times yes.

The pacing alone was a dramatic improvement.

He did a great job. I actually enjoyed his writing more than Jordan's. I have literally no quibbles and have readd all the books through twice.

Been curious about this series for some time, about when does it start to drag, and does it pick up before Jordan's death?

Books 7 & 8 were shit that didn't advanced the plot. Book 10 was let's watch Mat seduce Tuon in 3000 words and Perrin mope without his Falcon for 6000 words

And the rest I assume keep a pace going?

Yup, book 11 was when Jordan got better enough to write as he used to before shuffling off the mortal coil.

Yes. The pacing improved dramatically. Hell, he even managed to make me like Nynaeve after having gone through most of the series just wishing she'd go away. He also, incredibly enough, managed to make Cadsuane slightly less of an insufferable, infallible, know-it-all cunt.

And replaced her with Egwene, the insufferable, know-it-all cunt

Motherfucker couldn't write Mat for shit, and his anachronisms bugged the crap out of me.

I prefer the European covers. All are just the wheel on a black background, with a different colour wheel every book, except for the last book, where the wheel is gold and the background is white. Looks good on the bookshelf.

Really liked the last book and the interpretation of what the Dark One actually was. Big final battle also cool. Not as struck by his handling of the characters, though.

>d his anachronisms bugged the crap out of me.

Develop your hypothesis

Not really. I'd prefer Jordan to have completed it, but also that he didn't get quite as sidetracked as he often did. Egwene getting fridged kinda torqued me off.

Tfw no thicc forsaken bae

Yes, but Mat and Egwene felt a little off. So did Talmanes.

He did Mat poorly, but everyone else well. So it was kinda like a reverse-Jordan.
He also killed egwene, and I don't know if thats what Jordan wanted, but damn it felt good. If they killed Elayne too it would have been worth every page.

Indeed, I did.