Dragonball Quest #99

>>Previous threads

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=dragonball quest

>>Information

This quest, as the title suggests, takes place in the world of Dragon Ball. You're playing as a twenty-two year old man named Tofoo, and will adventure through the story of the Dragonball series alongside characters such as Goku, Yamcha, Bulma, Tien, and many others. Through your actions, you can make significant changes to the story, and perhaps even become the strongest fighter on Earth.

>Rules

At the end of each update you'll have ten minutes to vote on options. Write-ins are allowed, but I do reserve the right to veto them.

In the event of a draw, the option to receive the next vote wins

Rolls will be used on certain occasions, such as attempting a technique for the first time or attempting something extremely difficult. You will have three rolls, and if one succeeds, you succeed. There are no crits.

Rolls are made AFTER an option wins, not during the voting process

I hope everyone has fun.

>Current Saga

Saiyan Saga

>>youtube.com/watch?v=Wl9o8Wx98eM

Post from last thread about what we want to accomplish before the Saiyans arrive

Well time to have a talk with bulma about whether or not we should become the new gaurdian

Aww yisss

As the airship circles overhead, you imagine that those onboard are mostly happy with the sight they see.

Goku is still alive, and reunited with his daughter. You stand tall over the corpse of the seemingly unstoppable Saiyan, and the three of you are in one piece. Sure, they might be wondering about the two blue aliens on the ground, or where Piccolo has run off too, but from where they're sitting, it probably looks like another happy ending.

There's no way they could suspect just how wrong they really are.

When the ship lands, Bulma comes running out,with Krilling right behind her, and Roshi calmly following. This is supposed to be the part where you kiss your wife, tell her that everything's going to be okay now, and then go home.

But, as your wife and friend come closer, they can tell from the look on Goku's face, as well as your own, that something is very, very wrong.

"What is it?" Bulma asks with concern, stopping right in front of you. "You guys won, didn't you?"

"Yes," Goku answers, but his tone betrays that things aren't quite that simple.

"Then what's the matter?" Krillin asks. "The Saiyan's dead, you got Kori back, so why do you both seem so down?"

"And where's Piccolo?" Bulma asks, looking around.

She goes white in the face. "Wait....is Piccolo?"

You nod.

"W-what?!" Krillin yelps. "Then that means Kami..."

"Yeah," Goku says. "He's gone."

>A. And that's not the worst of it; two more Saiyans are on their way

>B. Tell Bulma you'll need her help to get ready

>C. Tell Krillin he needs to train, because you and Goku won't be able to handle this alone

>D. Ask Roshi if he knows where Yamcha went

>E. Ask Roshi if he can help battle

>F. You need to go see Popo or Korin

>G. Something else

>C. Tell Krillin he needs to train, because you and Goku won't be able to handle this alone
"They might have some idea to at least make this mess a bit better."

The Earth is in incredible danger and we've all got to drop everything to get ready.

>A.
>B.
>C.
>F.

Basically explain everything to them thoroughly and try to get help from popo and korin.

If Roshi can take on Frieza's mooks in Super then why the fuck couldn't he lay the smackdown on the Saiyans when they landed

Because Toriyama

A
C
E
B
F

My guess is he started training again during/after Z.

Nappa and Vegeta are pretty good tier. The unnamed mooks are all like less than 1000 pl. Basically just weak enough that Radditz can boss them around.

There are a few higher up dudes like Kui that are part of the high tier, and then above them is Dodoria Zarbon, and above them is Ginyu force.

....could Roshi become the replacement?

I thought they said that Frieza's mooks were on average about equal to Vegeta's power when he first landed on Earth, but I could be remembering wrong

I remember something mentioned about Frieza making sure the saiyan Vegeta was off the planet Vegeta when he blew up Vegeta because he wanted him as an especially strong enforcer.

he was like 5 when it happened so I doubt it

"And that's not the worst of it," you add before the others can start losing themselves in despair from the bad news they've already hear. "Two more Saiyans are on their way."

"What?!" the three shout together.

"You're joking, right?" Krillin asks. "Please, tell me you're joking!"

With a sigh, you shake your head somberly.

"You need to start training again," you tell your friend. "I don't think Goku and I can handle this on our own."

"Chichi's going to kill me...." Krillin groans. "But, alright, I'll do what I have to do."

Goku smiles at your friend. "It'll be good to have you fighting with us again."

The shorter man reluctantly smiles back. "Yeah, well, I guess part of me missed going on adventures with you guys, anyway."

"Roshi," you address the old man. "Can you help us in the fight?"

The old man looks terrified by the suggestion. "Oh, no! I'm way too out of practice!"

"Come on, Roshi!" Bulma scolds. "This is the Earth we're talking about here!"

"Hey! I've helped save the Earth plenty of times already, I think I'm entitled to a nice long retirement!" Roshi argues.

"It won't be a very long retirement if the Saiyans destroy the Earth," Bulma points out.

"Well..." Roshi sighs, rubbing the back of his head. "I suppose that's true. Alright, I'll help, but on one condition!"

Bulma's eyes narrow. "And what would that be?"

"You let me squeeze 'em!" Roshi declares, reaching toward your wife's chest.

>A. No

>B. Smack him upside the head

>C. Ask if he knows where Yamcha is

>D. Ask Krillin if he can convince Chichi to help fight

>E. Something else

B

>E. Something else
Push Bulma forward

Get between him and our wife
and if he knows where Tien and Chiaozu are at as well.
>E. Something else
Ask if Bulma might be able to remake the armor Raditz was wearing.

>B. Smack him upside the head
"Nevermind sorry for asking"

No, that's the type of shit that causes problems down the line

>E. Something else
Interpose between Bulma and Roshi so he grabs our chest

>E. "Take this seriously, you damned old fool. Everyone you've ever known or cared about, including the ox king, baba, us and all those women you fawn over are going to be slaughtered as our world burns unless we can fend off this threat. If you sit on your ass and watch us die because you want a damned vacation, that makes you no better than them. Don't worry though, you'll get a nice long vacation when they come and tear you limb from limb."

Do you want to get cucked by Vegeta? That's how you get cucked by Vegeta

These

Wow. When did tofoo become a drill sergeant

When he realized his wife and child were going to be exploded by aliens.

Also, he just had a fight to the death and killed a man in anger.
Adrenaline is still going to be pumping pretty hard.

So bitch slapping Roshi and lecturing him makes sense

Nobody said anything about bitch slapping, but yes, he needs a lecture.

this

Knowing this will either end with your wife being groped, or Roshi getting a concussion, you step between the two, causing Roshi to grab your chest instead.

The Turtle Hermit lets out an exasperated sigh, taking a step back.

"Take this seriously," you tell the old master sternly.

Roshi sighs. "You're right. Fine, I'll train and make sure I'm ready to fight with you all when the time comes."

"Well, that's four of us, now," Krillin points out.

"Do you know where Yamcha is?" you ask. "Or what about Tenshinhan and Chaozu?"

Roshi strokes his beard. "Well, like I said, I sent Yamcha to find Launch. Apparently she and Lapis were going to "catch a train" in North City. So, he's either there, or in West City."

"I can give Lazuli a call and find out if he's there," Bulma says, turning and heading back for the airship.

"As for Tenshinhan and Chaozu," Roshi continues. "I don't know. Yamcha didn't either. Apparently they had something of a falling out when Yamcha decided to train with me."

"They didn't like Yamcha training with their old master's rival, huh?" Krillin asks.

"Yes, that's it," Roshi confirms.

>A. Speaking of, maybe you should ask Shen for help

>B. There's that device Raditz had, if Bulma can figure out how to use it, you can track down the others

>C. Leave for the Lookout

>D. Something else

>B. There's that device Raditz had, if Bulma can figure out how to use it, you can track down the others
and also that armor took a beating, take that as well.

>D. Something else
"Could we convince Eighter to fight?"

>D. Tell bulma about the scouter, ship and caiwaremen(if that was their name) and ask her to explain the situation to her father and devote capsule corp to developing this tech for the next year

>B.
The faster we track them down the better.
>D. Bulma there is a lot of tech here besides that energy sensing device see if you can salvage any of it like his spaceship or his armor, it was strong enough to withstand a lot of punishment
>C.

D
Use our high ki control to pinpoint there location

We going to meet Annin, since we know about King Kai, but don't know how to get to Other World besides dieing and the Furnace of Eight Divisions is basically, the only known place that connects to Other World.

That is located on Earth, forgot to add that part.

"The faster we track them down, the better," you tell everyone. "Raditz had some device that let him track people's energy signatures. If Bulma can figure out how to use it, we can track down the others."

"Good idea," Krillin tells you. "Is he still wearing it?"

"Yeah, and I don't think it was broken in the fighting," Goku tells him.

"Then I'll go grab it," Krillin says, rushing toward the body.

"Come to think of it, there's a lot of tech here that could be useful," you ponder out loud. "There's a ship, and some armor that took a lot of punishment, not to mention those weird aliens Raditz grew."

"He grew them?!" Krillin asks as he returns, scouter on his face.

"Yeah, he called them Cryermen or something," Goku tells Krillin as the shorter man tinkers with the device.

"Caiwaremen," you correct. "Any luck, Krillin?"

"Nah, it's in some language I don't understand," Krillin sighs, removing the device. "I hope Bulma can figure it out."

"Tell her what I told you," you instruct.

"And where are you going?" Roshi inquires.

"Kami's Lookout," you answer before taking to the sky.

As you fly off, you call for the Dark Nimbus, which appears in the air next to you. You hop on top of it, and fly off toward the Lookout.

Of course, Korin Tower is right below the Lookout. You could stop there, too, if you want.

>A. Go to Korin Tower

>B. Head right to the Lookout

Go to korin's tower.
He probably already knows, but we should tell him anyways.

And let's take him up to the lookout so we can talk with popo together.
Don't give him a chance to bitch or whatever, just grab him by the nape of the neck and take off up there.

well see him on the way back down

>A. Go to Korin Tower
Just in case, let's fill him in quickly

B
See if korin can work harder on these Beens than ever before

So, did you mean A, then?

Okay then, B it is

You can visit Korin after you see Popo. When you reach the sacred land which Korin watches over, you direct the Nimbus up, passing the top of the old master's great tower, and continuing toward the dwelling of an even mightier being.

Well, former dwelling.

When you reach the top of the Lookout, you find Mr. Popo sitting near one of his gardens, a look of deep sorrow on his face. In fact, you're pretty sure you see tears as he stares absently ahead, the birds perched on his shoulders seemingly trying and failing to grab his attention.

As you draw closer, however, he acknowledges your presence, opening his mouth and speaking your name.

"Tofoo, why have you come?"

>A. You're sorry about Kami

>B. Ask if he knows what happened

>C. Ask if he has any ideas for dealing with the Saiyans

>D. Something else

>>A. You're sorry about Kami
>>C. Ask if he has any ideas for dealing with the Saiyans

>D. Hug the black genie

>C. Ask if he has any ideas for dealing with the Saiyans
>D. Give him a hug

>A.
>C.

We are going to need to train so far Goku, his daughter, Krillin, Roshi and I are the only ones who know about the coming threat and are willing to train to fight them. After I gather the rest we need a plan to stop the saiyans.

>>D. To atone for what we've done, I'll be the guardian

Seconding the hug, mourn our master.

Oh God, Kami was our master. Fourthing hug

Oh man, that's right.
Kami was the only real master we ever had.

This
We gona bond with popo so hard

W-what about Korin, or Popo?

Or Roshi, for like, half a day?

Man, fuck Roshi. Rip green men you two will always be rembered

Really we would be the most natural replacement for Kami. We would probably have to talk about it with bulma tho

Again, no.

Korin never actually taught us anything, and popo only taught us a little before we met kami.
And well, roshi...
Well fuck roshi.

Kami was our master.

Kami was our master for almost three years. I feel like Popo was more of an instructor. Same with Korin, but we spent less time with him.

RIP Ol' Green

Why

>Korin, never taught us anything
>The fact he actually gave us sage advice during our training and we had to figure out what he meant.
>Not to mention the times he helped us when we had no idea what to do next

And Kami didn't teach us stuff, we asked Popo questions then figured out our own.

He taught us more than Roshi ever taught any of his students. Hell, King Kai and Vegeta are the only masters worth anything in canon. Maybe Elder Kai.

Korin taught us like one piece, basically "pay attention to my breathing"
All he did besides that was run around until we caught him.

Kami is a condescending motherfucker, calling him self God and shit, but he was a cool condescending motherfucker

He was OUR condescending motherfucker.

Kami is his title, he never had a name.

And piccolo may have been an asshole but he was coming around

Yeah, about that...
If we manage to bring him and kami back to life, he probably won't be very happy with us.

I agree

Piccolo should have already have mastered the arts of dodging, even if he was knocked out.

And he'll probably know the Kaioken, and maybe more of the Kai techniques, if he's there from Raditz to Namek.

He wouldn't keep his body, since he never actually reformed and sacrificed himself for the sake of others.
No heroic redemption moment.

that makes me wonder do we still have our corpse from when we died?

>Fought Garlic Jr. alongside us, who threatened the world
>Helped destroy Dr. Wheelo, who was going to destroy the world
>Fought Raditz
>Implying Kami won't vouch for him

He helped us each time because he was going to die otherwise.
He did it for himself, not for our sakes.

"I'm sorry about Kami," you tell the strange being who served as you mentor years ago.

Stepping forward, you hug Mr. Popo, and he hugs you back, the two of you mourning over the loss of someone Popo had called friend, and you had called master.

You remember the day you met Kami, how your first meeting didn't end on the best of terms. The two of you disagreed, and argued on more than one occasion, but he was always there to give advice, or to make sure you were alright when something went wrong. He tested the results of your training in the World Tournament, and had enough faith to offer you his position as Guardian. He created the ring you used to propose to your wife, and saved your life from Piccolo.

But, you couldn't save him. Quite the opposite, actually. It's your fault that he's dead. Sure, some of the blame falls on Goku and Raditz, but the attack was your idea, and you were the one who made the call to attack Raditz from behind.

"Tofoo, are you alright?" Popo asks, taking a step back.

You hadn't noticed, but tears are streaming down your face, and your hands are clenched into fists, which tremble with frustration and grief.

>A. You miss him

>B. It's your fault

>C. Ask if he knows of any way to bring him back

>D. Something else

We are our corpse. Bulma froze us.

>B

>>A. You miss him
>>B. It's your fault

so what would have happened if we were buried or something would we look like a zombie or get a new body?

>B. It's your fault
"Well I recall Baba about being able to bring some back for one day, but I don't know if that applies to gods."

>B. It's my fault. I made a bad call, and piccolo died because of it.

Sure, that's what he said.
>>A. You miss him
>>B. It's your fault
>>C. Ask if he knows of any way to bring him back
>>D. Ask if he wants you to take Kami's place
It would be like Yamcha and Tien when they came back, we'd get a new one.

>A. You miss him
>B. It's your fault

We'd be put back in the rotten body, Shenron isn't a bro like Porunga who gave Krillin a new body after Freeze blew him up, free of charge.