Battlemap / Map Thread

Map thread guys? One can never get enough maps!

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Pathfinder_RPG/comments/4j10uf/sharing_some_maps_from_my_current_campaign/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

anyone got anything else post-apoc? I'm dumping what I got

are these maps OC? the gridlines are a bit thicc for my tastes, but I love the style

They're from this thread on Reddit:

reddit.com/r/Pathfinder_RPG/comments/4j10uf/sharing_some_maps_from_my_current_campaign/

got a few

hey a fellow connaisseur of rpgmaker maps

Saved

I've got a ton of maps for Rise of the Runelords, but I'll try to share stuff that's more generic.

I'm in need of hex maps. Do you guys have any?

I only have overland hexmaps

better sex than hex

I don't know what that means.

Why are hex battlemaps so hard to find? Is there something inherently bad in hex-based combat? I'm not an expert in the matter honestly.

People tend to find it confusing.

I had an idea for an encounter in a maptools campaign where some terrible eldritch thing from another realm enters the battlefield, and its presence is so wrong that it warps space around it, which would be represented by switching to a hex grid for that encounter.

Hexes don't correspond to conventional architecture as easily and D&D doesn't use hex battle maps.

So It's just a matter of habits and popularity? I personally find movement on traditional grids clanky and forced, and I find difficult to draw buildings and obstacles from a square perspective.

It's also that movement in one direction can take longer because the hexes aren't line straight. This can be annoying to a lot of people.

Well that's literally the same as moving diagonally on square-grid maps.

Part of the reason I love Sunless Sea is the fabulous topdown landscapes reminiscent of these sorts of maps.

What the shit? Who just saves and posts individual tiles from a free geomorph set?

I actually have the opposite problem. When I'm making indoors maps using a hex I usually end up with weird crap where half a hex is in one room and the other half is on the other end of a wall.

I basically gave up and started just using tiled for it, with a short trip to GIMP for placing trees and other object I have to throw down large numbers of.

Based on these maps, I am guessing that you ran a RotRL campaign?

>never can have enough maps

i made 25 A4 sheets of maps.
at session 6, the party never visited more than 2 areas

At least you were prepared. Still, you can always use them later or in other games.

depends
if i play the same setting again maybe

Surely, out of 25 maps some will be generic enough to plant in any number of settings.

I'll post what I've got, I tend to just use the draw tool in roll20 for maps or I have my own blank tileset to build dungeons.

Just used this for an encounter, players really liked the art style.

Gotta run to work, just wanted to bump the thread. Will post more if its still up when I get home.

Anyone seen a virtual battlemap torrent?