Alchemist Quest #2

>This is a quest taking place in the Fullmetal Alchemist setting, beginning at roughly the same time as the original story. However, some parts of the setting have been slightly altered. You will be playing as a Iskander Steiner, a young alchemist, who will develop based on the choices made by the players. Remember that write-ins are always welcome, and to have fun.

>Previous Thread: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/49101132/

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=2uq34TeWEdQ
youtube.com/watch?v=eksvmp7RtSQ&
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

WOOHOO!
m.youtube.com/watch?v=2uq34TeWEdQ
inb4 retards arguing about trying to pick a gimmick less than three threads in

FIRST FUTURE NARUTO, NOW FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST QUEST! LETS GO, LETS FACE SOME HOMUNCULUS! MONDAY IS NOW SWOLE QUEST DAY!

So we're dealing with greed meaning this the perfect time for King "best hitler" Bradley to show up and save the day

are we still planning on a gimmick or are we just going with regular alchemy? because im a big fan of either the salt or paper alchemy ideas.

I like the paper idea, though we'd need to know if that's a valid method. I definitely don't want it just so we can communicate easier and help/impress Sheska more.

I don't think this is greed, the description was different wasn't it?

youtube.com/watch?v=eksvmp7RtSQ&

You watch as the four people begin to close in on you and Leah from all directions. The old man called them "chimeras". You're familiar with the term. A creature created by combining two or more different creatures via alchemy. Though you're only aware of cases of chimeras made by combining animals, never humans. In fact, these four don't really give you the feeling that they're chimeras at all, they look fairly normal. You have to wonder if the old man really knows what he's talking about.

You see Leah gripping her rifle tightly. She looks like she could be ready to shoot at any moment, and you know how dangerous that could be. In order to save money on bullets, she always takes down her quarry in one shot. If she aims that thing, somebody's getting killed. There's still a chance you could calm her down, if you tried.

You take a good look at the layout of the bar. The stone of the floor and walls, along with the wood of the tables and chairs seem to all be simple material. Fairly easy to transmute, if need be. You see the way you came in has a handful of guys around it. You'd probably have to fight past them to escapes. There also seems to be a hallway leading further back, but there's no telling where that goes.

The four people closing in on you still seem like they intend to take it easy on you. They likely won't attempt to use lethal force unless you do so first. You might be able to fight them, but then again, you don't really know how strong they are.

"The way you're acting is giving your buddy there the impression that I'm unreasonable." Donovan says. "And I don't really like that. My image is important to me, you know. Listen to Martel, would you? We can still make this easy. Hand it over."

The woman, presumably Martel, inches ever closer. You'll have to decide what to do quickly.

>A.Try to make a run for it

>B.Try to fight them off

>C.Try to calm Leah down so things can be talked over

>D.Other

>>B.Try to fight them off

Also, here's a pic my buddy did up of Leah, to give you an idea of what she looks like. He doesn't have his tablet back yet, so it's not the finished version, but I think it gets the idea across.

Feel free to speculate about what Iskander looks like, too. That one's pretty much your call

I hope Leah gets good at reading our expressions fast because right now I think our face is saying "Ah fuck"

>C.Try to calm Leah down so things can be talked over.

Please no hurting Snake girl.

Just go regular alchemy and have paper be one of our main weapons

B

>B.Try to fight them off

our childhood friend is not going to give up her rifle, expect over her cold dead corpse if we can talk it over that would be great but I doubt were going to get that.

>B.Try to fight them off so we can get away

Fluffy coat is fluffy, I approve.

>>C.Try to calm Leah down so things can be talked over

Ready the stone fists.

Alright, looks like we're fighting

Give me 1d100, first three

Feel free to throw out any ideas for how exactly you'll be fighting

Rolled 96 (1d100)

Alchemic smoke screen to run, and traps/rough terain to keep tem form keeping up.

Rolled 71 (1d100)

First, ascertain location of sensitive genitalia.

Then, physically abuse said genitalia to debilitate opponent.

I'm for generalism. We don't need a gimmick for combat, we've got circleless alchemy.

Rolled 92 (1d100)

for the throat

Rolled 37 (1d100)

we need to be quick on our feet

Rolled 67 (1d100)

A nice smokescreen seems like an excellent idea

Rolled 9 (1d100)

Bigass dustcloud from the stone, ankle high stone walls for them to trip over

Well, we're...fucking terrifying.

Do we have Swole-based alchemy?

im actually on board with idea. like what ed did but replace automail with paper.

>These fucking 90+ rolls
The dice gods heard our worship of their greatness and Sheska's purity, it seems.

we had a good teacher

We would be blessed to ever have a wife as good as Izumi
To even be her basic fuck boy is to know the true pleasures of heaven itself

Some sort of big guy with dreadlocks? Dreadlocks can be pretty sweet.

>A wife as good as Izumi
D-d-does Librarian sweetheart count?

Paper is cool. Just being a general alchemist is kinda boring.

Huge viking looking guy

We voted to fight not run

I imagine us with a full beard, glasses, and a eyes that look partially asleep. Like we just woke up. Tall as fuck, perpetually thing and pale from overstudying alchemy and not going out in sun.

>Iskander is a big, strong viking looking guy who strangely uses paper both in battle and to communicate and wanted to revive his best friend
>Sheska is a shy, quiet librarian who just wants to help her mother and enjoys reading books

I like this, I like this a lot.
I also like this a lot.

I support being buff but not exactly viking-y. Ed was a shrimp so i want our character to be the big tall intimidating guy.

Rolled 48 (1d100)

Can someone give me a quick rundown on how Alchemy works? I haven't watched Full Metal Alchemist yet

Sooo when are we making Homunculi guys

Read this, user, it'll explain it better than we can in posts.
fma.wikia.com/wiki/Alchemy

Basically alchemists break the second law of thermodynamics with their minds/willpower. The bend and shape and change matter to make effects. Expanding rock by making it less dense to create walls, changing air molecules, make a blade out of a part of metal arm, etc.

I think i know what you guys want

Swole off with Armstrong?

I support it.

so we're a big guy. how tall are we talking 6foot6 6foot7?

You'll probably have better luck fighting these guys than trying to reason with them. You get ready to fight.

You don't have a circle set up, but you don't need one. You've seen your teacher do it. Circleless alchemy. You can feel it, that you're now capable of the same. You clap your hands together, and press them to the ground.

You see the sparks of electricity crackle, as the stone of the floor rises up. You leave some at roughly ankle height near your adversaries, while rising more stone up higher, then separating it into fine particles. A dust cloud. Should be helpful to get you out of here.

As you move, you hear a shot. Leah's fired her rifle. You expect someone to have dropped, but before the dust clouds things up too much, you see the woman from before contorting towards you like a snake, with only a wound on the edge of her shoulder. Leah would never have missed a shot like that. Somehow this woman dodged it.

With the dust cloud up, you grab Leah and make for the exit, smashing the faces in of a few guys who get in the way. The two of you manage to get outside, but three people emerge not far behind you. It's Martel, the swordsman, and the large man from before that was at the door. He's carrying a large hammer.

"You're pretty tough, kid." the man notes. "Definitely military material. But we can't just let you go."

You see horns emerge out of the man's head, and his muscles swell up. He must not be a normal human after all.

"We don't like it, but it's what we have to do." the man with the sword tells you. "Sorry, kids. I'd help you if I could."

The three come at you again, faster than you expected. The alley behind you is clear, but you don't know if you could outrun them. Then again, you don't necessarily have to run.

>A.Take on these three at once

>B.Try to make a break for it

>C.Try to get them to let you go

>D.Other

Don't forget about equivalent exchange!!

I like this. The sleepy, pale, kind giant.

>>D.Other
A wall.

>>D.Other
Make a wall with spike behind it then leg it.

Make our reinforced paper sword and fight

>>A.Take on these three at once
Now I know were thinking about going salt or paper or ink, but how about Bone?

>>D.Other
Wall off the Alley continue running

fund it

>D.Other

Make a great wall so we can make a break for it.

No, we're not Ishvalan.
Maybe, would be cool to form a Swole trifecta with him and Curtis.
>D. Cock our head to the side, as if asking why they can't help us

If that's possible at least.

This only with spikes on the wall

That's calcium, I believe. Someone did bring it up before but it didn't really go anywhere.

>>D.Other
transfigure the ground into flour or some sort of fine powder, run and then have Leah shoot it. Fine powders are notoriously combustable and if nothing else itll make a big cloud to cover our run

Maybe also throw up a wall on our side of the cloud

>All of these cowards in here saying we should run
You should be ashamed of yourselves

100% Supported. I was trying to find someway of being a black guy in FMA

they have the advantage in speed an terrain we need to book it, if nothing else then to get an advantage in the fight.

>B.Try to make a break for it
start running through the alley create a wall the lay down some caltrops to slow them down

>D.Other
WE HAVE TO BUILD A WALL

Nah man, Viking is the way to go

>No, we're not Ishvalan.
I'm pretty sure in the entirety of the world of FMA Ishvalan aren't the only brown people on the planet.

im all for the fight but were at a disadvantage here we need to reposition otherwise were done.

You know what, why not
Black Alchemy quest is a go

Bone isn't really that strong? Sheska is dead Dice, No mercy in my turn form.

Nah. I'd much rather be a younger Sig looking guy. Sort of like what said.

yeah that's the headcannon for me

Alright, building a wall to try and get some distance

Give me 1d100, first three

so something like this body wise?

Rolled 74 (1d100)

Rolled 93 (1d100)

Rolled 64 (1d100)

come on big one!

Rolled 60 (1d100)

Maybe once we recover from our binge alchemy study and work, a lot. Right now we're a NEET. Pale and thin.

Rolled 14 (1d100)

Lead them to a good spot for an ambush with high ground for our sniper

Rolled 47 (1d100)

>Sheska is dead
No, you be quiet.
Lets trump these fuckers.

We're a young teen, retard

If we're in an ally and they have to scale or somehow punch through the wall they'll be easy pickings for Leah

a great wall indeed user

Spooky Dog/Daughter noises.

Swole Quest rip though

What are they gonna call us if we don't have a gimmick? The mute boring alchemist?

"Ed... Ward..."

Now, if we're done being shitty people, let us praise the purest girl aka Sheska.
ACTUALLY, IF YOU MEAN SPANISH JOJO, DUDE'S COMING BACK TOMORROW, SO BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR JOJO QUEST! SADLY, I WON'T GET TO TAKE PART DUE TO PLAYING A GAME OF MASKS, SO ROLL WELL AND PUNCH FRANCO!

but we already have Alex around filling that role
Urban youth is the way to go

It sounds like you want us to look like hipster

no, stop it

Agreed, lets try something different then the big friendly giant, or the quick bookworm

How about an alchemist who wants to destroy the world?

No I think he means hyuga quest. I was also looking forward to busting naruto's jaw

An alleyway this narrow is the perfect spot to get these guys hung up at. You and Leah make a break down the alley, while you clap your hands and quickly press them to the ground.

You raise not just one, but several thick walls spanning the breadth of the alleyway. These guys will probably try to bust through them, but you ensure it will be slow going. It will take quite some time for them to catch up.

You and Leah run off as you hear the three of them trying their best to break through. You should have a few minute's head start at the very least.

"Thanks, Isk" Leah says as the two of you run. "But they won't stop there. We've got to get out of town. Unfortunately, I don't have enough money on me for two tickets to Central. We could go back to my place and see what we can scrounge up, but that might not be safe now... Maybe your teacher? If you were brave enough to go back, of course. I don't know, we might just have to stow away if it comes to it."

It seems like Leah is leaving the choice up to you. You think of going back to your place, but you doubt you have enough to cover the tickets. Though you might have something you can take, anyway.

>A.Head for the station, you need to get out of here quick. You're stowing away

>B.Take your chances and go to Leah's place

>C.Surely teacher will understand your situation

>D.Other

>who wants to destroy the world

Nigga, you're not being the man that Sheska knows you can be. However, she does approve of a fellow bookworm.

>>A.Head for the station, you need to get out of here quick. You're stowing away

>A.

>>A.Head for the station, you need to get out of here quick. You're stowing away

Even if we get kicked off at the next station or hell even a few miles out it's better than sticking around here

>Building your character based on what your waifu would like
Disgusting

>B.Take your chances and go to Leah's place
I like the sound of risky

is Leah going to be our Riza?