/ygo/ Yugioh general

Discuss strategy, post YGO Devpro username, duel each other online

Here's the Devpro link:
ygodevpro.com/index.php/downloads/

Add me - (zdeweese)

I play felgrand with galaxy eyes support

To add friends: go to chat room tab (on top of console) and search for a user on the right. You can duel your friends by right clicking their name

To duel random people: host a game or use the search. There is an AI opponent you can duel with too

If you hate synchro and XYZ you could play against the old school AI opponent by going offline and choosing the AI opponent

WHO METALFOES HERE?

Brewing Madolche Metalfoes right now. The OTKs are so fucking beautiful.

>huge ass picture
>uninteresting, unoriginal, extremely busy art
>no keywords that leads to a shit ton of size 2 font

just because you haven't bothered to learn the keywords doesn't mean it doesn't have them.

The problem with yugioh isn't the keywords, they have that down, it's the number of field/deck zones that can be targeted. Magic only has field/deck/hand/grave, yugioh has Monster/Magic/Field/Grave/Deck/ExtraDeck/Hand/Banish/Pendulum zones.

Combined with the number of card designations that must be specified. Magic has Color/SpellType/CreatureType/Ability, Yugioh has Color/Atribute/Level/Type/SecondaryType/TertiaryType/AtkDef

And that doesn't even get started on the number of phases each turn has

It boils down to a lot of different combinations and the cards have to be really specific to prevent cards from being broken.

Old cards had shorter effects but were to powerful do to their vagueness (Witch of black forest for example basically said "when this monster dies add a monster from your deck to your hand") to remedie this new cards say things like ("if this monster is destroyed by battle during your opponents end phase target one lv3 or lower normal beast type monster in your deck and, after this cards effect resolves, add it to your hand. The effect of this monster can only be used once per turn")

May the smartest duelist win I guess

I've faced many metalfoes before, never seen them OTK...

modern yugioh is more about having the most generic swarm/spam deck possible then spending all your dosh on the latest cards specifically designed to break the other super generic swarm/spam decks.

I prefer the satisfaction of designing a deck from the ground up and eventually defeating all those high-speed-low-drag metas

The game is more fun when you invest sometime into making something unique

I posted this a few weeks ago, didn't get much feedback. I changed up the list to include Ultimaya for 1st turn Crystal Wing access, otherwise I'd have to wait a turn for the Solitaire + Sword combo.

Also curious about the amount of darks I have, because now that 3 allure is a thing, I've seen word that your regular dark count should be higher to accommodate. Monk is there tho, so IDK.

have you tried using the heart of the cards?

In YGOpro testing and irl 5-card test hands, I open with at least one lv8 synch 75% of the time, and brick 25%, with about 1/3 of each successful turn resulting in 2-3 lv8 synch's turn 1. Maybe it's fine, but any help is helpful.

And yes, I've had a few heart of the cards moments using Allure with no darks before using it. I've even had an allure draw train where I drew them one after another.

You'll have more success with the heart of the cards if you use more cards that you like. And remember, you can't make a deck with just monsters, there are other cards too.

>And remember, you can't make a deck with just monsters, there are other cards too.

Say that to my face, not online motherfucker, and see what happens.

You can't win if you only use monsters

>You can't win if you only use monsters

And people told me that I can't attack with monsters in defense position. I proved them wrong, and I'll prove you wrong too! Just not right now, I've been having ...performance issues. I'm sure I'll win another duel, eventually...

If you guys share usernames i'll be online in like 10 mins

zdeweese

Bump

I guess I will never find help here ;_;

But I don't want to post to Reddit.

post sloots?

Just run Skele-Shiranuis and shit on kids who they're they're too hot for your boner

Ask in /dng/
Also run Snow, for obvious reasons.

I don't get it.

whats to get?

doesn't 3 allures brick too much since you have few dark monsters and most those monster seems to be play starters for you?

Maybe you should change 1 or 2 allures for Upstart Goblin. Giving your opponent 1000 life is not that much of a problem if you believe that you can negate his most important plays