Serious Question: What would Veeky Forums rather have?

>50 BTC
>a magic penny that doubled every 24 hours

Pick one.

Other urls found in this thread:

al6400.com/blog/a-penny-doubled-everyday/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheat_and_chessboard_problem
discord.gg/67wqYq
twitter.com/AnonBabble

how long can we keep the penny?
also, 1,000,000 in pennies would be fucking retarded

0/10

Does the penny let you cash out?

Monero

I'd go for the penny dude!
100% every 24h = ultimate WIN!

New pennies also doubling, or just the original?

50 BTC has more liquidity than infinite pennies u fuggin fag

The penny asexaully reproduces for 31 days; there is no hope in successfully researching how it reproduces in such a short time span.

>day one your magic penny doubles into two pennies
>day two your magic penny doubles so you have three

wew

it would take 26 days to get to current btc value. after that though it would be absolutely insane and destroy it even if bitcoin keeps up the magic pace

Obviously the penny. It would only take a few months and you would be fucking RICH. And it would just keep doubling. What kind of question is that

50btc = 750,000
after 26 days you'll break even

After 45 days, you'll have tens of billions
after 60 days, you'll have more money than all the value in issued USD and stocks combined
After 63 days, you'll have more money than all financial instruments and property traded in the entire world

50btc since the penny would kill everything

probably the 50BTC because otherwise i'm going to destroy the earth with that many pennies

Can i make crystal meth with the penny?

You could make an entire new form of bitcoin around the doubling penny.
Pimp that penny and be rich i guess?

Duh, why would a magic penny double into a magic penny and a regular penny? they are completely different things and it wouldnt be doubling otherwise

50btc, because the penny would eventually destroy the planet.

Day 30: $5,368,709.12

stupid question OP fuck you

>few months
In 30 days you would already have over 10 million dollars in pennies. The tough part would be store then all and deposit to your account.
That is, of course, assuming the cloned pennies duplicate as well.

These brainless don't realize that a penny doubling every day would lead to insane inflation and subsequently destroy its value

make a shell of the hardest material on earth.
encase the penny. 24 hours later. Free energy by expansion. Profit.

only if you dumped them every day faggot

melt them for copper

Are you retarded? Do you understand how inflation works? Are you splitting the value of stash equally among the rest of your countrymen? Holy fuck, brainlet.

You realize after a year the magic penny (in that case) would be worth far more than the bitcoins, right? Who wouldn't go with a magic penny exponentially growing.

30 days of having the penny you'd have $10,737,418.24 right? And that's going to double the next day, until you have so many fucking pennies and money that the IRS is going to be hunting you down and NASA is gonna be trying to shoot the copper off world to avoid it destroying the Earth.

off by one brainlet

>tfw you become the Federal Reserve because of your magic pennies

sure then bro. how about you use the money you make from pennies to buy bitcoin and other cryptos. i win ya cunt

day 56
>dear diary, i am now worth $360,287,970,189,640. WWIII has begun and over 400,000 of my fellow citizens have been killed. These bunkers are not going to protect me for much longer. I should have taken the bitcoin.

Off by one yet again.

Where would you store the doubling penny? It would keep doubling and start killing everything. You know how much mass that would be?

Dude, just destroy it after you made enough... wait, I just realized this, but if you buy something with that penny, it still won’t stop replicating, right? Just will be in another’s hands. Damn, you’re right. It would lose all value, you would need to spend it all before anyone finds out about it’s power.
BTC would be much less of a hassle.

also thisinflation doesnt reall matter if youre the only one who holds it all

BTC if it was for 5 years

def magicPenny():
penny = 1
count = 30
while count > 0:
penny = penny * 2
count = count - 1
print(penny)
final = penny / 100
return final

maybe i am but my point is still proven.

50 BTC. The penny would destroy the world/universe

>not making a literal copper fortress

can your chinese internet coins do that?

he has to write a program and not simply do the ez pz maths 2^29/100.
ABSOLUTE BRAINLET

one of the problems i can see with this is infaltion, once someone else gets hold on your shitpenny they get their double value too, so it just crashes everything and new currency would be needed

Only takes 27 days to become a millionaire off of a doubling penny.

>posting brainlet memes
>projecting this hard
>still failing to do the math properly

Magic penny, you would have over $4m in one week

you sound like a pretty cool person that people enjoy hanging out with

28 fucking brainlet
Why so many brainlets on this board :think:

>picks magic penny
>cashes out on day 2

>Fake Money
>Real Money

That's a hard one OP

Obviously the penny with compound interest.

That's the correct maths brainlet kek
Fucking brainlets man, when will they learn ?

>penny replicates itself so many times the gravity of the earth increases enough that the moon collides with the earth and drives it into the sun

I'll take the bitcoin

So what happens when the mass of the pennies puncture the crust of the earth?

AQ2a3Ma3

Holy shit I could afford a whole McDonald's meal in two years.

No you wouldn't brainlet.You'd have 64 cents in a week (7th day). KEK

Show me your secrets penny!

The ABSOLUTE STATE of this brainlet

actually 128 cents, first day doubles 1 cent, so day 1 you have 2 cents. Christ stop posting your wrong math and trying to act smarter than everyone when you're so off. You're doubling down like a goddamn retard. Let me give you every fucking day's payoff which my program was able to calculate unlike ur retarded ass calculation which is clearly wrong.

Day 1: 2
Day 2: 4
Day 3: 8
Day 4: 16
Day 5: 32
Day 6: 64
Day 7: 128
Day 8: 256
Day 9: 512
Day 10: 1024
Day 11: 2048
Day 12: 4096
Day 13: 8192
Day 14: 16384
Day 15: 32768
Day 16: 65536
Day 17: 131072
Day 18: 262144
Day 19: 524288
Day 20: 1048576
Day 21: 2097152
Day 22: 4194304
Day 23: 8388608
Day 24: 16777216
Day 25: 33554432
Day 26: 67108864
Day 27: 134217728
Day 28: 268435456
Day 29: 536870912
Day 30: 1073741824

now kill yourself

>pick penny
>wait a month
>start smelting pennies into copper ingots, sell for $$$
>smelt half your pennies every day so they don't multiply so hard that they destroy the universe
>when you have enough money start a copper smelting company and keep the origin of your copper supply a secret for as long as possible
>copper starts becoming worth less and less but you sell your stake in the company after a while after liquidating the rest of your pennies and selling the company
>retire comfortably

Can I request that the magic penny be minted before 1982? Pennies made pre 82 are mostly copper and the ones after are mostly zinc. I could control the world copper supply and strike a blow against US currency

>what is 2^n
Try going back to algebra.

>takes 24 hours to reproduce

Exponents are off by one.

-OP

Day 58
>realize pennies are made of zinc, not copper

>so day 1 you have 2 cents.
Op EXPLICITELY states:
>a magic penny that doubled every 24 hours
My god, brainlets, can they even learn at this point ?
ANd dude no need to write it down lmfao, (2^n-1)/100 where n is the number of the day works.
KEK

best bet is finding the optimal number of pennies left unsmelted, so you get a fat profit, w/o crashing the market
eventually, with enough to retire, smelt the last pennies to prevent the world from dying

Tough question, assuming you can't just trade the fiat from the penny to bitcoin.

On one hand the penny will eventually give more USD than 50 BTC is worth now, on the other hand USD will continue to deflate.

So the answer is determining the limit of 2^x * y as x approaches infinity and y approaches 0, and whether than is higher than 50BTC.

Can you stop the penny from doubling?
Cuz it would turn the earth into a copper sun in under year
and a black hole soon after.

well, you can still sell zinc, it goes about $1 per pound

not like zinc is worthless

Just produce zinc for paints, rubber, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, plastics, inks, soaps, batteries, textiles and electrical equipment. You'd have a huge cost advantage and a front to launder your penny revenues.

>97.5% Zinc
>Smelting currency is illegal
>Get sent to federal prison for making garbage ingots

what if copper ignots would be multiplying too?

7th day = 2^6 cents brainlet

>brainlets have to code and use excel to solve the eqn: $ (@ day T) = [2^(day T)]/100

lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo WE LAFFIN M8

THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF BITCOIN BUYERS LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Clearly the penny is a doomsday scenario. However, could it prevent the heat death of the universe? It might be the ultimate long term investment.

>you have 1 cent on zero day

nice try

This. The total mass of pennies would become dangerous really fast.
Mass of 1 penny is around 3 grams. After about 100 days the mass would be almost equal to that of the sun:
3 x (2^100) = ~4x10^30 grams
The sun is 10^30 kg. Less than 10 more days and you'd have the last 3 zeroes to reach (surpass) the kg equivalent.

it's only illegal in the U.S.

def magicPenny(day):
return 2**(day)

>Clearly the penny is a doomsday scenario.
This is a very good point.

1st penny doubles for 31 days.
Does second penny last 31 days or 30 days?
Does third and fourth penny last 31 days or 29 days?

If the count resets every double then it will destroy the Earth and eventually the universe.

2^0=1 cent, fist day. Oh my goodness brainlets maaaaaaaaan
How do you even live kek ?

this is literally a pajeet story, you realize

my calculations are after a full day of having the penny, it's not wrong...
>Let me give you every fucking day's payoff
>day's payoff
christ almighty the autism

yeah but i dont wanna wait that long

Found the high school math dropout

al6400.com/blog/a-penny-doubled-everyday/

>10 years later
>earth is non-inhabitable due to pennies covering the surface of the earth and beyond

I choose the internet monopoly money to save the planet

bit older than that
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheat_and_chessboard_problem

Having unlimited copper would make me one of the most powerful people in he world

who the fuck counts that many grains of rice?

Penny. $1,000,000 in a month.

this is best criticism on my code, i wanted to see an output stream of each day and just quickly threw it together

Maybe that mentality is the reason you won't have $5.369 mil after 30 days.

You two are the real brainlets. Due to the phrasing of OP only the initial magic penny doubles every 24 hours. The other pennies that you get are not magic and therefore 's math is correct.

in 10 years the whole universe would be pennies

That's not "A PENNY" doubling every day. That's "A QUANTITY OF PENNIES" doubling every day.

If I give you a carton with eggs and say the CARTON doubles every day, you can't tell me the eggs doubled as well, can you??

So basically the penny would be like a cell right?
It would split and for two and those would split and form 4 etc.
Now would it convert automatically into the right thing so that after 7 days it would become a dollar bill or would it stay as pennies?

After like 2 months there would be 1152921504606846976 pennies which would be more than the money in the world.

OP you're fucking retarded obviously 50 BTC

The phrasing was "a magic penny that doubled." Since the magic penny is duplicated, the new pennies would also be magic.

if the penny copied itself every day, the copies would be magic too

discord.gg/67wqYq

or just keep guessing

Doubled =/= Duplication.

Doubling in value, which is the context of this question, could be done by Replicating it instead of Duplicating.

how does penny work? does it multiply itself or whole sum?