What is your favorite hight fantasy game that isnt dnd or exalted?

What is your favorite hight fantasy game that isnt dnd or exalted?

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/1256540796/trudvang-chronicles
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

DoD

Age of Sigmar

>DoD
what?

Gurps

Drakar och Demoner. Less of a DnD-rip of than it sounds like, it's basically Fantasy BRP hacked to use a D20 instead of a D100.

Fantasy Hero?

Got a pdf in english?

Never had an English release.

GURPS

>Less of a DnD-rip of than it sounds like

The only way if could sound more like a D&D ripoff is if they just went ahead and called it
Drakar och Fängelsehåla.

That would be amazing.

Deadlands, wheel of time, alternity, trinity, aberrant, 7th sea, nameruna, in nomini satanis magna veritas, call of chutulhu, chtulhu tech, batle tech, heavy gear, warmachine

Talislanta hands down. Best fantasy setting I ever played.

but no elves

DSA/TDE. It got a diverse set of regions which you can travel through in a relatively short span of time, so many adventures take place in multiple regions. Also there has been (realtime) worldbuilding going on for the last >30 years with an ingame newspaper being published every other moon.

Palladium Fantasy

Anima: Beyond Fantasy.

Myfarog.

Is Anima really High Fantasy?

Depends on your definition of high fantasy, but I do like Fantasy Craft. It's not an easy read, but it is a good system once you've gotten past that.

If you don't want to hear about Exalted, then you might not want to read another poorly formatted RPG rulebook. (Not to the same scale, but FC is hard to get into.) That makes me want to recommend Godbound, but again, if you don't want to hear about Exalted, then you might not want to read another demigod-level power fantasy RPG.

>high fantasy

WFRPG 2ed

Burning Wheel. It's got the best name of any RPG on the market.

Actually the creators, Riotmind, has or at least are in the process of translating DoD to English. Just google Riotmind and you should find their web site.

Kinda, yeah. Sorta complicated explanation:
DoD used to run on a sorta-generic kitchen sink fantasy world. That changed in the early 2000's when Riotmind got involved, when they invented the world of Trudvang, a more coherent nordic folklore setting, known here mostly for its fucking fantastic art. Future releases of DoD continued to use Trudvang, until earlier this year when Riotminds announced a split; DoD would return to it's roots, while Trudvang would continue as a standalone game. Still with similar mechanics, but technically not DoD anymore.
And that's what's having it's english release kickstarted right now:
kickstarter.com/projects/1256540796/trudvang-chronicles

Exalted and Dragons

GURisus with the fluff from any other fantasy setting. Another DM I know does this too, running Pathfinder adventures with Risus.

Yeah I backed that. I want my money back if they're just releasing all the books anyway.

>I want my money back if they're just releasing all the books anyway.

What, do you not know how kickstarters work? What exactly is the problem?

Depends. Do you consider springboarding off the back of a mile-and-a-half long Lightning Aeon to superplex Satan(pic related) onto the shattered remains of the last elven city, while the wizard preps his semidivine gravity spell to pin the bastard in place long enough for the Technician to THIRD IMPACT his ass "high fantasy?"

Banestorm.

Fantasy Craft is my usual go-to.