What the best system for barkely?

Ok my group just finished playing a long d&d campaign and now want to play cyberpunk. I told them about shadowrun but they said that they want to play some thing different and light hearted. Some one suggested the setting of barkley shut up and slam gaiden. The other three guys didn't know what he was taking about but after some time they desided to play that campaign setting. So now I'm asking you guys to tell me what system will work best. If no body has ideas I'm running gurps.

Other urls found in this thread:

drivethrurpg.com/product/107162/Awesomesauce-The-Roleplaying-Game-Troll-Hammer-Edition?term=awesomesauce&test_epoch=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Try it in gurps

>So now I'm asking you guys to tell me what system will work best.

Exalted, I'm not even lying.

GURPS is the last resort since it's hard to explain to new people nothing against the system it self though
I though exalted was for high fantasy. Or is it a universal system?

Try RISUS. It's an ultra-light system that would mesh well with the weird nature of BSU&JG, and I say this as a colossal GURPSfag.

>hard to explain
m8, it's just "roll 3d6".

>cyberpunk game

Run it in cyberpunk.

I thought, and I might be misremembering here, that there's a Fate/Fudge Barkley Gaiden thing on 1d4chan?

> and now want to play cyberpunk. I told them about shadowrun

It always grates my last nerve how everyone's primary go-to for cyberpunk is this faggoty magical elf and wizard shit.

there are literally dwarves and elves and magic in barkley

But not in cyberpunk. Go read some Gibson.

So?
was complaining (and rightly so) that Shadowrun contains "faggoty magical elf and wizard shit" and is "everyone's" go-to cyberpunk game.

The two points are unrelated.

he should save his complaints for when we're talking about a thing that isn't supposed to have elves and dwarves, then.

Obviously some cyberpunk does, as it's everyone's primary goto for cyberpunk.
topkek

I don't know but I'm interested definitely.

I agree, but in this instance it has some of the right trappings for a Barkley game, namely dorfs and magic.

I'd lean towards one of these, the fun of a barkley game wouldn't be just combat, its the complete absurdity of every single aspect. And coop narrative games do that well.

>OP mentions he feels like playing cyberpunk, that he told his group about Shadowrun
>user complains about Shadowrun's primacy as the 'go-to' for cyberpunk games, when it involves inherently non-cyberpunk tropes, specifically tired fantasy cliches

>Autismo (that's you, btw) can't fathom that conversations diverge, meander, and non-sequitur and that people discuss related, but not necessarily relevant, topics alongside the main topic.

OP: "I kinda wanna play a cyberpunk game, I was thinking Shadowrun, but we've decided instead on SUAJG...what should I use for a system?"
Normal user: "I fucking hate Shadowrun. Hate the elves and orcs in the cyberpunk genre. Pisses me off that there's not a more popular cyberpunk game which plays it straight."
Autismo, missing the point (You guessed it, it's you!) "HEERRRRPPPP DEERRPPPP! SUAJG has elves and dwarves in it! So that means Shadowrun's totally an awesome choice of game system!"

Maybe something like Fate to keep the focus on narrative?

Don't Rest Your Head might be an entertaining one. Use B-Ball Withdrawal in place of exhaustion?

I've not played or read Exalted so I can't be sure, but it seems to have the same overall tone as BSUAJG.

There's really no reason to play in any system that has a lick of simulationism in it. Would you really want to calculate the Force of Ghost dad in SR? Or the damage a ball does to a hit location in GURPS?

Play something simple like Risus, or if you want to get some RPG-style combat, Strike! (or mix the two).

Use Risus.

>light hearted.
well, you need to clarify, op. few systems are light-hearted per se. it is more of a setting issue. so i would like to ask you specify more clearly what you want out of the system.

Dungeons: the Dragoning 40k or RIFTS

I agree with people who are saying Risus, but you can also try Awesomesauce, and it's free. drivethrurpg.com/product/107162/Awesomesauce-The-Roleplaying-Game-Troll-Hammer-Edition?term=awesomesauce&test_epoch=0

It's a dice pool system (As in you roll a collection of dice.) but with no skills and only one attribute- Awesomesauce. You can have items that add 1-4 extra dice, and that's pretty much it. The book adds other options too. The book is intended for fantasy, but the system can obviously be used in any setting.

user, stop being so autistic about your personal grudges to the point where you'll soapbox about them whenever you get half a chance.