Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1067: Legendary Generals Edition

>Google Drive Jump Repository
>Due to Google being Google, you may need to log in to view the jumps.
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Jumpchain Primer (Helpful!)
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Additional Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>Previous Threads

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lU4R53zyvv4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Don't like them, they make multiverse tourist into an invalid option and since there can only be one jump for a thing it locks off the setting to jumpers who don't like getting directly involved in the plot.

Caesar best general.

All kinds of fire is my forte.

What I wish I had was the fire I could burn this fucking thread to the ground with, some days.

Did someone say "Legendary Generals"?

Shadows of the Colossus did that.

I'm okay with it provided it's not an instant loss if I don't do it in a certain amount of time. A win condition is okay. A loss condition is not.

why is he so fat

Put your trip back on and stop ruining BC more than you are, Red.

Fuck, can we invalidate her claim and get someone competent to make it? It's just going to be full of nerfs and passive aggressive whining anyway.

That's not the superior Roma

Second.

Pretty much my take on it. If you really want said win conditions in your jump, make them 0 CP pseudo-mandatory drawbacks, like Lavos Beckons in Chrono Trigger. Not taking it/them halves your CP gained from drawbacks/drawback cap, but it isn't strictly mandatory.

If they suit the Jump's setting, then I'm all for them. Like Gauntlets, Win conditions should be put in place only if they make sense to be there. I would be willing to see what you have in mind before making any judgement.

Conditions like that limit non-combat jumpers. It's not a problem for me since I'm belligerent as fuck, but some people don't want to play jumpchain as "how powerful can I get" and options like that are a trap if you're not powerful.

Don't like them too much, but that can swing back to ambivalence if there's good reason for it existing (ie the BBEG nukes reality and his defeat was a fluke, so the only way of surviving the jump regardless of whatever else you do is to make sure the heroes win somehow) and it's open-ended enough for all playstyles to get a fair shot.

Engaging Sarcasm!
>You can take this jump without being railroaded but you are punished for it because not doing it a certain way is badwrongfun, LoT is the best design template one can use when writing a jump.

I play Bolshak Dragon!

Wait, is thing he's holding gushing out blood or something? And he uses that as a lance?

That's pretty fucking brutal.

How hard do you think it would be to convince Catherine Chung in SOMA to let me take the Ark with me? Because the way I see it, if we rocket it into space it's going to break down eventually, but if a jumper has access to it the machine could be maintained and upgraded indefinitely. And since the mind-uploads in it aren't actually people until turned on (that's a plot point, I'm not just fanwanking), storing it in my Warehouse until I get a chance to decant their minds into new bodies shouldn't be a problem. The question is how I convince Chung that no, really, I'm an extradimensional super-being.

Bitch please.

I like them if there's a good reason for them, and if there's a non-combat way to succeed in the objective.

Umbra Witch vs Lumen Sage go.

Neither.

Fuck you for supporting shitty jumpmakers when we could have better.

None, the jump makes them both shit.

Witch if you're into exhibitionism.

Sage if you're into peacocks and being campy.

We have a winner, folks!

Nero is best Saber.

Is that the one that one guy gets super pissed about and calls her a cheating whore?

Supporting worthless jumpmakers is the reason why this place is so shit.

Why the fuck has that mib-tier shit not been taken off the drive yet?

Lumen Sage if only because I prefer blinding my enemies

With the holy light or with camp is up to debate

Umbra Witch, but not Bayonetta or Jeane. Their proportions scare me. Those legs are too long man. Too long.

The only true badwrongfun is something that makes other things badwrongfun, most jumpers want want to go to a setting without dealing with a mandatory fail condition enforced drawback scenario that gives no points.

Is being a dragonblooded a good place to start making a clan?

I'm reminded that out of all the things I could be doing with my free time...

It's being spent here. Reading a thread full of phoneposters and salt.

No, that's Tamamo-no-Mae. She's not a Saber at all. Nero won't cheat on you, though technically that's just because you and her were exclusive in the first place and if you made that assumption it's your own mistake

Devil Hunters. Wait, you mean that's not an option?

From what I remember Lumen Sages have inferior combat skills despite being men and having power over light and fire, and that is explicitly the reason as to why they lost the war.

Does anyone know why that is? I'd rather be a woman than play a race of metaphysically- bound omnicucks.

Nah you're thinking of Tamamo.

Of course Nero's also a slut. But she'd be totally fine with you being a slut, too. And in fact would probably encourage it. She supports sluttiness in a general way.

Blame shitty jumpmakers. We deserve better, not that idiot's idea of what "fun" is supposed to be.

Jumpers trump setting and certain people need to get that in their thick skull. Why else would the Benefactor choose us.

Pain, without love
Pain, I can't get enough
Pain, I like it rough
'Cause I'd rather feel pain than nothing at all

You're sick of feeling numb
You're not the only one
I'll take you by the hand
And I'll show you a world that you can understand
This life is filled with hurt
When happiness doesn't work
Trust me and take my hand
When the lights go out you will understand

Pain, without love
Pain, can't get enough
Pain, I like it rough
Pain, without love
Pain, can't get enough
Pain, I like it rough

Anger and agony
Are better than misery
Trust me I've got a plan
When the lights go off you'll understand

Pain, without love
Pain, can't get enough
Pain, I like it rough
Pain, without love
Pain, can't get enough
Pain, I like it rough
'Cause I'd rather feel pain than nothing
Rather feel pain

I know (I know I know I know)
I know that you're wounded
You know (You know you know you know)
That I'm here to save you
You know (You know you know you know)
I'm always here for you
I know (I know I know I know)
That you'll thank me later

Pain, without love
Pain, can't get enough
Pain, I like it rough
Pain, without love
Pain, can't get enough
Pain, I like it rough
Pain, without love
Pain, can't get enough
Pain, I like it rough
Rather feel pain than nothing at all
Rather feel pain

You mean "we're never exclusive," I assume. And yeah, if you assume Nero is going to be faithful in any sense other than "knows where her home is," you deserve what you get. And you deserve all the myriad things she's getting.

Very much so. Dragonblooded have inheritable power that, while meager on the scale of the other Exalted, can still eventually grow to pretty impressive heights. Further, they actually have a unique keyword for their charms, "Dynasty", that gives special bonuses when used on their descendants.

>Is being a dragonblooded a good place to start making a clan?
Yes, but it will take you some time.

Lost the war? Didn't both sides get wiped out by a possessed Balder?

>Nero's also a slut
Didn't she give a whole speech about earning the MC's love even if he hated her or thought of her as the Whore of Babylon during the story? Or am I thinking of someone else?

I do remember her ending having her in a wedding dress or something like that.

No, my statement was grammatically correct. I was indicating a past tense, not a shared identifier. Thus "were" instead of "we're".

> I used to listen to that song on loop.
Jesus christ user don't do this shit to me.
I can't take the PAAAAAAIIIINNNNNNNNN

CRAWLING IN MY SKINNNNNNN

THESE WOUNDS THEY WILL NOT HEAL

Sounds like my kind of companion.

So, what's Nasu's convoluted reason that Nero is actually a woman who happens to be identical to King Arthur?

The angels are dicks but keep order, while the demons are dicks and try to fuck over whoever they made a pact with (and other Umbra Witches on principle). I suppose that may have had a Darwinistic effect- where Sages pulled the religion shtick and became community leaders over time the Witches had to band together to become stronger in combat so as to improve their chances of survival.

Where did you get that, anyway? Only thing coming to mind is the war but pretty much everyone involved other than Balder lost it.

Of course the women were more skilled. Men are generally biologically stronger (although who knows if that's the case or not in Bayonetta), and light beats darkness metaphysically. Hubris is the downfall of many a classical hero.

The only skill where E-rank is better than A.

EX rank breasts.

Bitch ass Romies better move over for these Greek Guns.

I always thought it was specialization/order vs versatility/chaos and that the witches adapted better to the war with their versatility.

But admittedly that idea is based entirely on the few vague characterizations we've been given

The in game lore was that they were two sides of the same coin

And Balder managed to lead a army of angels and common people in the witch hunts so arguable sages got the last laugh

I've just started using the /m/ approach.

Only I can't find song lyrics for the animu openings, so it's just songs I know off the top of my head.

We're was a typo. You said you two "were exclusive in the first place" and I meant to say what I assume you meant "were never exclusive..."

So with all this bayo talk, when can we expect a Bayonetta jump? Is someone going to make it?

I don't have a problem with Nero because she's up front about it, she's not monogamous and she tells you as much outright.

Whether you have a Madness Place or a Madness Wavelength, what does it look like when MADNESS CONSUMES YOU, /jc/?

It's less because they were better at combat and more that they were more efficient, as well as far more stealthy. So while the Lumen Sages had more raw power and the help of the Angels, the Umbra Witches were able to slowly but surely wear them down.

Of course, Balder came back and with an army of Angels and humans kicked their ass and returned the favor, but that's beside the point.

Ah. Yes, I did mean to have a "thinking" in there. I'm almost certain I typed it out, too. Somehow I deleted it. Not sure how or why. That was silly of me.

Nero's idea of love is broad and unrestrained. She is possibly confusing the idea of love with admiration or obsession. It's also been said that she can't really understand "love" and is not capable of feeling it, which she has apparently acknowledged as truth.
According to the wiki anyway.

But basically singular love is not a thing Nero believes in, period. Nero loves everyone, and wants everyone to love her.
Also, fucking is okay.

Hikaru kumo o tsukinuke Fly Away (Fly Away)
Karadajû ni hirogaru panorama
Kao o kerareta chikyû ga okotte (okotte)
Kazan o bakuhatsu saseru

Toketa kôri1 no naka ni
Kyôryû ga itara tamanori shikomitai ne

CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA
Nani ga okite mo kibun wa heno-heno kappa
CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA
Mune ga pachi-pachi suru hodo
Sawagu Genki-Dama...Sparking!

Sora o kyûkôka Jet Coaster (Coaster)
Ochite yuku yo panikku no sono2 e
Keshiki sakasa ni naru to yukai sa (yukai sa)
Yamasae oshiri ni mieru

Nayamu jikan wa nai yo
Dokoka ni hisomu “bikkuri!” ni aitai kara

CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA
Atama karappo no hô ga yume tsumekomeru
CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA
Egao urutora zetto de
Kyô mo ai-yai-yai-yai-yai

CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA
Nani ga okite mo kibun wa heno-heno kappa
CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA
Mune ga pachi-pachi suru hodo
Sawagu Genki-Dama...Sparking!

Like this.

Generally isn't order better than chaos at winning wars? Chaos usually only drafts winning when it the element of surprise, a hell of a lot more forces, and/or some cosmic neutrality pact that the forces of Chaos break and the forces of Law obey.

Interesting.

You ever seen that movie Paprika? It looks like the final act of the movie where the Crazy Parade bleeds over into reality from the dream world.

youtube.com/watch?v=lU4R53zyvv4

About like this. I like to be productive.

It honestly is just the matter of how possessed Balder fucked them up.

But otherwise... Do you see any witches other than Bayo or Jeanne around? No.

The thing about Lumen Sages and Umbra Witches is that they both are done this way.

You take the child. Does it have spirit energy? If yes, put it through training. It will determine their abilities and whether they contract demons or Angels.

How do they determine if they are Witch or sage? Gender. Why do they do it like that? Dunno, it just is like that?

You could have a male with Umbran witch training but it is simply not done. A greater taboo than a child between sage and witch, but it is possible. That's why Bayo is so strong. Both of her parents used the spirit energy

Angels think women are icky, demons think women are sexy.

Find non sexist Angels.

But it's dumb that they are like that because Jubileus is female but they call her a hi-...

Do they simply not know? Jubileus was locked into eternal slumber the moment the world was split into Trinity if Realities

>You take the child. Does it have spirit energy? If yes, put it through training. It will determine their abilities and whether they contract demons or Angels.
Wait, so do they need to make a contract to gain abilities?

Thank you, sorry this took so long to respond but I kinda was asleep on my keyboard, also my face looks like a waffle now.
All of your points were basically covered during my moment where I pointed out that he could live through the things he'd chosen but the things that happen because of his choices would nail him to the ground. But that said these are solid argument and thank you.

With that out of the way hi /JC!

That is...excessively disturbing, and I can't really give you a concrete answer as to why.

I think it's just the whole thing, really.

Hello jello

Hi Gaunlet!

Not exactly. You don't need to contract to get the abilities. At the very least you need it for demon or angel summoning or the wicked weave, or equivalents. and it gives you a general boost, me thinks. Otherwise you don't need it

Yeah, that's why I associate it with madness. It's a deeply unsettling movie. Between the music, the odd cadence everything bounces along to, and the bizarre dream logic, I can't not see it as the embodiment of rationality and reality breaking down.

Doesn't contracting also require you to sell your soul?

True.

TRAP
R
A
P

How the fuck are any of you surprised by this? Of course she'd throw a trap into it without telling anyone.

You mean a heroine with a double mastectomy?

The Umbrans won, and then got btfo by Balder.

Nah mang.
EX-rank breasts, not ex-breasts.

sauce?

CP bought origin doesn't sell your soul, it is intact and your own. It was confirmed by Red in the past.

Try harder Scatovore.

Where's your proof.

>Saber embarrassed about her small chest
>Best Saber Mordred gives no fucks
>Joan embarrassed by her large chest
>Joan Alter gives no fucks
>Nero is pompous as always

I love this entire image. Not even for the boobs, but just look at everyone's expressions.

Good. Got to admit if you think about the umbran witches and how they raise their children to damn their souls to their hell equivalent it's kind of fucked up.

Chloe von Einzbern from Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya.

Stop feeding.

Actually why did I bother typing that, you're doing it on purpose.

Primsa Ilya, a spin-off Manga/Anime where Ilya is a magical girl, and has a "Twin", note the quotation marks because it's way more complicated than that.

It's super lewd and has what is arguably the best incarnation of Shirou

If people don't bite for long enough he starts replying to himself to generate a fake conversation. FYI.

(Jojo! Jojo! Jojo!)

Sora! Koboreochita futatsu no hoshi ga
hikari to yami no minamo suikomareteyuku
hikiau you ni kasanaru hamon

Hokori no michi wo yuku mono ni taiyou no michibiki wo
yabou no hate wo mezasu mono ni ikenie wo

(Jojo! Jojo! Jojo! Jojo! Jojo!)

Furueru hodo kokoro moetsukiru hodo atsuku
sono te kara hanate kodou karada minagiru yuuki de
mayou naki kakugo ni 'Kassai' wo!
~Sono chi no sadame~ Jojo

Sai! Wa nagerareta susumu shika nai
kimyou na rasen no naka korogaritsuzukeru
eien wo samayou boukensha

Kyoufu wo mitome tatsu mono ni ougon no tamashii wo
soshite deatta futari no tame ni tatakai wo

(Jojo! Jojo! Jojo! Jojo! Jojo!)

Maku ga aita you na owarinaki monogatari
inochi ga butsukaru hibana seishun no hibi wo terase yo
kimi to iu mirai ni 'Kouun' wo!
~Sono chi no sadame~ Jojo

Nidoto hodokenai karamiatta sadame
subete wa koko kara hajimatteita no sa

Furueru hodo kokoro moetsukiru hodo atsuku
sono te kara hanate kodou karada minagiru yuuki de
mayou naki kakugo ni 'Kassai' wo!
Maku ga aita you na owarinaki monogatari
inochi ga butsukaru hibana seishun no hibi wo terase yo
kimi to iu mirai ni 'Kouun' wo!
~Sono chi no sadame~

JoooooooooooooooooooooooooJo.

>Best
How you going to argue that?

Hey, Gaunlet. Mind answering a question that I was thinking about the Exalted Mortals jump? Nothing rules related, just a story thing. Specifically: Do you have any ideas about what She-Of-Fair-Eyes and Makoto did that they managed to Exalt at such young ages? Little girls rarely exhibit the heroic (in the classical sense) traits needed to impress the spiritual superweapons of the Incarnae enough that they'll bond with their souls.

Don't add to the spam, just ignore.

Lumen Sages were prolly raised with the promise of Paradisio. Their theme was unity and there punishment to Balder for breaking the rules was exile so for them the end was seen as bad. No idea how true that actually was though.

Not sure about witches. The there thing was independence with the punishment for Rosa being imprisonment. Maybe they gave the kids the choice and when the young girls accepted the promise of cool powers the adult witches saw it as showing their independence. Maybe.

The best incarnation of shit is still shit.

You don't actually have to do anything impressive to Exalt. You just have to have the best potential in the world. Panther Exalted after a night of debauchery while wondering if there was anything more to life. Harmonious Jade Exalted while running away from a failed assassination attempt.