Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Friendly reminder to tell us what 3pp your game allows if you need character building help.

What races have the best tails?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warriors playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1dX4UYdtwTQKhY71Q45IHLtcu193zq1ZO5jHQ5_PnTl8/edit

Bloodforge: Infusions playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit

Legendary Vigilantes playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit

Old thread:

Obligatory post telling OP to get fucked.

Some changes to the playtest

>Mercurial Duelst's iaijutsu slash mechanic cleaned up.

>Scholarly Tactician's level 5, 11, and 17 ability changed to better flow with the knowledgeable tactics class feature
>Scholarly Tactician's knowledgeable tactics reduced to a move action from a standard

>Hell's Vengeance was boring
>Strange Aeons looks mediocre
>Nirmathas AP looks like wasted potential

Are we finally going to see the end of Paizo after this string of shitty APs?

>yet another Nirmathas AP
damn i forgot about that.

When are we going to get to play a molthune warmonger AP where you get to go full nuclear?

>my opinions determine the fate of as game company
Uh huh.

Does anyone have any experience playing a symbiat (SoP)? Is it any good?

Hey /pfg/, rolling a Stalker, going for a Dishonored build emphasizing a lot of dimensional shit and time-bending.

What stalker arts sync well with a lot of Riven Hourglass and Veiled Moon maneuvers?

Nope.

Every time I see that name I want to vomit.

oh boy what'd I miss

Hooboy. 9-hour shift on Labor Day is not fun.

Anyway, version 20 of this thing.

>Added gun witch archetype.
>Nerfed spellburst meditant slightly (always-up shining blade punches now come online at 3 to make it less of an obscenely good dip for anyone unarmed. However, it now works for ranged punches if you somehow have those).
>Bullet Storm is now a feat instead of an ACF. Can be taken as a spellburst savant bonus feat.
>Fixed alignment mistake in the greater metamagic rod of Catastrophic Spell.

>Deleted older post and re-uploaded with some better wording in one of the abilities because I had some utter shit grammar.

I'm sorry to hear that. Maybe I should write a disease-themed archetype.

Nothing interesting.

He reposted it.

Gun witch? Yes please!

Hell's Vengeance was pretty fun and I enjoyed it. The first book was a total blast.

Nirmathas does look like shit.

Don't hide it from me, /pfg/
Tell me about your houserules and special new mechanics to the game

Anyone who uses the words 'trap', 'shota', 'loli', 'maid', 'chuuni' or 'isekai' is asked to leave my game immediately.

What the fuck is wrong with playing an isekai chuuni shota trap maid whom everyone thinks is a loli?

Class essence (and level-based essence capacity) scales twice as fast, basic feats are given twice as fast. Choose one ability to increase every 3rd level, every 3 levels (so it looks like +12/+10/+8/+6/+4/+2 at the end).

Poor rogues.

Isekai?

Person from another world.

So what happens if I want to play an Aasimar who was born and grew up in heaven and then ends up on Golarion. That's basically isekai. Would I still be allowed in your game?

You are aware you can describe the concept without relying on anime, right?

>So what happens if I want to play an Aasimar who was born and grew up in heaven and then ends up on Golarion.

Wouldn't that be a half-celestial?

I made 'Potentials' mechanic for my games.

They're like traits and feats but you don't gain them from leveling up or character creation.

They're plot / achievement-based bonuses.

Befriending an Alpha Wolf and turning it to an animal companion? You unlock the 'Alpha' Potential, and you may use handle animal with a bonus.

Gained an alliance with royalty? You unlock the 'Knighted' Potential and now have a permanent diplomacy bonus when dealing with other nobility in that kingdom.

Started a successful business? You gain the 'Merchant' Potential and can now trade goods at special prices.

The bonuses aren't set. They're up to the DM. But essentially, they give players some nifty reasons to roleplay more in the game in order to unlock more potentials.

I am glad that works for your group because I can see it going horribly wrong with mine.

But the whole concept is that the character is an isekai character who ends up in a different world from what he was used to and his knowledge and natural capabilities give him an advantage over the more primitive native people.

That's pretty dumb
>I roll to detect traps
>GET THE FUCK OUT
>I bet the maid did it
>GET. THE. FUCK. OUT.
>I give the kid a lolipop
>B&
And I don't get what's wrong with chuuni and isekai since they don't really have an sexual connotation whatsoever. Ones a weeb way of describing a phase and the other is weeb for a genre.

Then no.

Are there achievement bonuses for being a huge slut? How does that work? Do you gain a bonus after sucking 50 dicks and then another bonus once you surpass 100?

>Person from another world.
So I take it no spelljammer?

You want to start the game with a spelljammer?

You don't have to start, as soon as you go to another world wouldn't your characters all be isekai or however that's supposed to be used.

Thanks; I'd come up with a bit of a question situation in that my unarmed strikes had a 110ft autofire profile...

... Oh right.
I forgot about the autofire part.

Guess my next question in regards to meditant!

No because Isekai implies an entirely different and new plane of existance. You would need to be an aasimer reincarnated into the body of guy in modern day earth for it to be Isekai.

If it's an attack with the unarmed strike, the cantrip goes off to add to its damage.

Fucked if I know, but you can cast god-finger with every unarmed attack, so you should be able to heat-end everything in the line, unlike with strikes and conductive and all the other shit that will not work there.

The d4+wis is basically like a stance damage increase.

Yeah, but if there's already a word to help describe your character, and the rest of the group know that word, why not use it?

Ravenloft?

What they said.

Royalty bonus or Animal handling, depending on the character I would guess

No because even if a Golarion character woke up in Ravenloft, the rules of the world are still pretty standard if slightly weird. It would be like going to ustalav.

delicious confirmation.

But isekai is just a character from a different world. Why are the rules supposed to be completely different now? If that's the case different planes have different traits so those would count, right?

No.

A story about a character planet hoping isn't an Isekai. Gundam and Cowboy Beepop isn't an isekai because they visit different planets.

The issue is, in a fantasy setting traversing the planes is basicallly just moving between planets. The shit is different but the rules are basically the same. Demons, Devils, Angels, and Humans all fucking cast spells, use weapons, etc. They aren't really doing anything different. Especially when you can traverse between the planes and the material relatively easily.

So then the entire thing is just getting your undies in a twist because someone used a word wrong to describe themselves?

>tfw the campaign my GM is running is literally "everyone in the party is from different worlds and got thrown into this one"
>tfw it's pretty fucking fun
>tfw it's also tristalt

Those worlds all work similar to the one you're on, that's not isekai!

>tristalt

god have mercy on your GM, because you sure as fuck won't

>tfw the campaign my GM is running is literally "everyone in the party is from different worlds and got thrown into this one"

Wait a second, is this the one that was being advertised on the Paizo forums?

My list of house rules is a little long, but it's focused around making life easier on martials and the players in general.

It's balanced out by the fact that I like to push my players to their tactical limits in combat, and squeeze roleplay out of them.

I also may have gone and tossed the alignment system into the trash, and given alignment-based mechanics a minor rework

>similar
No, that is not similar. Giant bugs as desert transport is not similar in the slightest.

Shhh, no tears, only dreams
He might tack mythic on top now I s2g he's insane.

>paizo forums
Good lord no, this campaign is a replacement for one that fell apart due to scheduling conflicts.

From what was just said that's not dissimilar enough! How am I supposed to tell what isekai is when people keep changing the definition.

What are you tristalt with, senpai?

One PC is from a standard high-fantasy world, I think? One's from something closer to Tippyverse (he's literally a Mage U liberal arts student). My character was originally supposed to be Marv from Sin City and has turned into something closer to Tychus.

Steelfist Commando//Aberrant Aegis//Deadly Fist

Can you tell what I'm going for?
It's the Bad Touch grappler.

The implication behind isekai (near as I can tell - non-weeb here) is 'entirely different realm that operates under fundamentally different societal and metaphysical rules'

Weebs, confirm or deny.

I don't get why you're acting like this.

You screwed up the definition of a genre.

A Golarion Angel waking up on Golarion wouldn't be Isekai. Paizo Heaven and Golarion are still within the same universe and are both aware of the existence of one another. War of the Worlds is not Isekai because people interact with martians.

A Golarion Angel waking up on Athas would be.

That still sounds like another plane.

After binging on OPM, I've got a question that *isn't* about statting him.

What are the best classes to take in a high-level gestalt if I want to embody the lazy casual hero-type whose immense power and ability seem to just come naturally? Ideally I'm looking for something that's a martial-build.

This basically.

>A Golarion Angel waking up on Athas would be.
So ravenloft is isekai, got it.

>Steelfist Commando//Aberrant Aegis//Deadly Fist

You're living the dream, user!

What level are you starting at? I need the deets on this campaign!

>tristalt
>you will never play a tristalt where everyone has to have one part be some form of Vigilante
>with all Legendary Vigilante Content available
>you'll never even play a gestalt with that

I wish I wish upon a star

>Tippyverse

Oh god no.

It's more just modern fantasy. Some unholy mess of the 20th century and then Standard Fantasy.

No, because the planes still act under the same consistent principles from one another and are connected to each other. Traveling to another plane isn't special because there are several things and organisms that can and DO such things regularly.

In Angel in Heaven knows of Golarion. Can visit Golarion and return to Heaven. He knows Orcs are bad, people can do magic, X country loves us, X country hates us. He can still do all his angel stuff and knows all his angel stuff is still possible.

Brawler as one half maybe? He just kind of effortlessly learns new moves that take others years of dedication to master.

The Metamagic Rod, Greater Catastrophic alignment is still neutral evil

We started at 3rd, just got to 4th. GM doesn't want too many details spread about, though, so I'd rather not cross that line...

>tristalt
>everyone's part soulknife of some nature so we can have a way to deal with the homebrew monsters that damage everything they touch and that touches them, ignoring hardness
It can happen to you, too!

Hi there, Parrot

Depends on how it's handled.

Ravenloft in and of itself is not Isekai.

A Golarion Angel in Ravenloft, maybe? Athas is sufficiently different from generic fantasy land that it would throw most newcomers for a loop.

Ravenloft not so much. Because it's not really a world so much as a prison..

So hasically isekai is 'crossover fanfic' level.

But many don't act under consistent principles? Some have different gravity, some you can control the entire scape of, some have different time traits, or elemental affinities. They have different denizens with different societal expectations, different laws of magic.

>>with all Legendary Vigilante Content available
Ew no, that mustache archetype was dumb

>That pic

Source?

The rod is Neutral Evil; the typo was that it didn't care about non-Lawful alignments. Now that last line talks about non-Evil.

...what mustache archetype?

I love my big sister!
It's on sadpanda and the g.e site. Trap/incest, fair warning.

Whoops, sorry, I had it mixed up with Vigilantes of Porphyra.
Sometimes it's hard to keep track of all the 3pp

It's all good, I figured that's what you meant. I actually wrote the sample character for that book, it was written by a friend of mine. It was actually her first published book.

Heya buddy.

>different laws of magic.
They don't
-2 Caster Level and "I can't cast spells with X descriptor" isn't an entirely different law of magic. People are still using wands and rods and spell books and spell slots and making UMD checks. It's basically in character house rules.

>Some have different gravity, some you can control the entire scape of, some have different time traits, or elemental affinities
Again. Traveling to a different planet or country isn't Isekai.

Yeah, I guess if you want to ignore dead magic planes, impeded magic planes, limited magic planes or wild magic planes.

Different time, elemental and gravitational traits is a lot different than going from Golarion to Athas.

>One PC is from a standard high-fantasy world, I think?
Standard-ish. The standard planes are all physically connected to the material, the (far fewer than standard) gods take a much more active hand than usual, true casters are very rare, but everyone has at least minor metacreativity talent (represented by a janky homebrew class). The exact details remain mostly secret.

In simpler terms. Your knowledge checks don't mean shit in Isekai.

If you could still roll knowledge:Planes and figure out what's going on it's not isekai.
>I guess if you want to ignore dead magic planes, impeded magic planes, limited magic planes or wild magic planes.
I can't use spells
I have trouble using spells
My spells do random things

Are not sufficiently different.

Halfings are cannibals. Elves are desert raiders. Psionic/Wizard/Dragons rule city states in a burning desert and suddenly people want to lynch me for doing magic that suddenly drains all the life around me is. No one knows any of my gods and I can't planeshift my way out is.

>tfw I'm already thinking of character concepts for a campaign I'm never going to join

For real though, you're living the dream guys, hope it's fun!

Discord you aus jank

>mostly secret
Are you implying your own damn people don't understand their capabilities?
That right there is some brewing grounds for a rebellion or three.

It's been a nightmare we've nearly died every session and the GM says it's only gonna get worse

J/k it's plenty fun I hope you find someone willing to run a similar game.

I don't understand why magic working completely differently and society being completely different isn't sufficiently different from this
>Halfings are cannibals. Elves are desert raiders. Psionic/Wizard/Dragons rule city states in a burning desert

Because the magic isn't completely different and the denizens of other planes still KNOW of all the other planes and the Gods. A Wizard who woke up in Sigil would still know what all the creatures are what spells people cast, etc.

Athas is the oddman out because it is more or less segregated from the rest of the cosmology.

I love flat cosmologies. Where players can climb a mountain to visit the gods, descend a cave to save someone from hell, or just take a long walk out to the plane of Fire.

>I love flat cosmologies.

What, like Earth during the Iron Age?

Yes. Exactly. Now you're beginning to get it.

Basically, if instead of "fall off the edge" you could sail onto the Inner planes.

I'm at work you twatbandit.

Ain't my problem you got a job, assmunch. Discord's got a mobile app.

Discord's a fucking browser program you nugget, so go play with your friends and stop shitting up our bread

Ouin, arête de shier sur notre pain, trou d'cul

Va te faire foutre.

>two tangent posts after relevant discussion
>one-line spoilers in a general not even taking up image posts

You sound salty, maybe you're like this over not getting to play in a Fun™ game?

>You sound salty, maybe you're like this over not getting to play in a Fun™ game?

The only fun games are 15 PB Core-Only in Golarion!

Adding more creation options for players is terrible! TERRIBLE!