MTG spoilers

last one is in autosage now. let's talk about what to brew with the new chandra.

What in the absolute FUCK was Wizards thinking?

Thinking of all the shekels they'll make.

So I told Wizards to make a playable chandra.. they actually did it the absolute madmen hahahahahahaha!

Place your bets how much is Chandra, Torch of Wallets gonna cost?

150$
200$
250$
300$
350$
400$
500$+

For it to reach such insane prices the rest of the set would have to be gutter trash. Card values of new cards are based off of the sets MSRP.

$40-50 in standard. The sky's the limit after that.

I love how Pyromater was a good, playable card and then they make this which is so much better.

Sure, it can't hit and play lands but if you needed mana then you just use the other +1!

I guess she's the main character of this block so it makes sense she gets the pushed walker.

>Two drop walker with five starting loyalty

NO, FUCK YOU! I'M OUT! YOU CAN'T HAVE MY WALLET BACK, WIZARDS!

>he actually thinks Worldwake was a terrible set

I highly doubt Jace the Wallet Sculptor costed as much as it did when Worldwake was first released.

I sure hope all the planeswalker decks are just as pushed as this Chandra product

Pre-selling for $40.00 on SSG as of the reveal. Will likely go up to $60.00 as "hype intensifies".

This will drop to $20-$25 on launch. After that...depends on if she actually gets played or not.

So is there only one of these decks coming out?

Hit the ground running at 50. After the first two weeks hovered at 90. Then only slowly rose from there.
So you are correct, but not as correct as you think you are.

On release, Jace the Wallet Sculptor was going for approximately 100 dollars if mtggoldfish's pricing history is to be believed.

What? No. Jace preordered at $20, dipped even lower than that, and didn't spike until Bloodbraid Elf rotated. He was really poorly positioned in Alara/Zendikar Standard and it wasn't until Cawblade actually got blades that people realized what he was.

That's a load of bullcrap. Mind Sculptor was a decent card with only one mid-tier deck to call home until Mirrodin Besieged came along and before then it hung around the $25-40 range.
I've lost all my faith in the price history charts sites put up ever since TCGplayer removed everything before Gatecrash and prices started jumping higher than ever before.

This. It was Vengevine who was the star of the expansion at first.

Whoops silly me, Vengevine was from RoE. why do i think it was from worldwake.

What I don't understand is, JTMS and SFM came in the same set, what was stopping modern, legacy and vintage from abusing those two cards with the pre-existing blades?

>completes a land cycle started in New Phyrexia

WHAT DOES IT MEAN

Contrary to popular belief, good cards aren't always immediately noticed. Sometimes it takes a while for someone to figure out the deck.

She will drop to less than ten when people realize thatshe isnt very good. Her plusses are not playable on turn four. Her minus three is okay in a control shell, but her plusses aren't what you want when youre playing counterspells.

I remember that too and how people complained that $20 was way too much for a single card. Little did we know.

Everyone probably shit on them like what always happens when someone tries to introduce a new deck.

Casul here, was CoCo considered good immediately?

I wasn't really keeping up with Magic at the time, but I doubt it was ever seen as chaff. It probably wasn't always the powerhouse it is right now, but I'm hard pressed to believe that there hasn't always been a home for the card.
Remember when Baneslayer reached $30 and people were just about to riot? What happened to those people? Why do we have to have a bunch of tools who bend over and defend these ridiculous prices?

CoCo was immediately seen as good actually. You got to remember something, CoCo came around right after Birthing Pod was banned from modern and 1/3rd of the players in that format was desperately searching for a good birthing pod replacement or were switching over to delver and CoC just filled that niche.

Maybe some of those brilliant shining diamonds who threatened to quit if prices got too high actually quit because prices got too high.

What was stopping Modern was that it didn't exist yet. As for Legacy and Vintage, the only real target for SFM prior to Scars block was Jitte and that just wasn't enough. She's mainly played for Batterskull.

As for Mind-Sculptor, the most likely reason was that poor performance in Standard built up a mental block that prevented people from properly evaluating him.

>but her plusses aren't what you want when youre playing counterspells.

Why in God's name would you be playing counterspells and this Chandra in the same deck? This is the curve topper burn has always dreamed of, and it's good in any other deck that reliably has double-red on turn 4. That's generally not the control crowd.

Intredesting, perhaps burn in standard will make a comeback

Yes. Check out the videos on CFB where they talked about the Dragons spoilers for example. People definetly saw that CoCo was a busted card even though it didn't really have a deck at the time.

>does nothing to the board without dropping to 1 loyalty
>first +1 just damages the opponent

This card isn't that great, everyone calm down.

Thanks senpai, I came back for the Eldrazi and definitely missed the dragons block hypes.

Lol okay kid

>use other +1 to cast the spells that protect her like Pyroclasm

My god Veeky Forums does me a favor and never evaluate a card again, this happens every set

>wahh this set is bad, all these cards are unplayable in eternal(always memedern because that's all these dumbasses play)
>this planeswalker is shit
>every single time they are proven wrong

For fuck sake

Who remembers these exact phrases

>all these eldrazi are unplayable trash, just gonna be a dumb meme in modern
>baby jace is a terribad card, he's not even playable in standard
>nahiri is trash, why don't they print good cards anymore

Meanwhile two of the cards spawned entire modern archetypes around them, one of which destroyed a protour so bad it had to be banned into the ground

I swear you people bitch just to bitch, you say magic is dead every set despite increased sales telling you otherwise, I wish you would all stop playing

Also every single block has had at least 1 card that has either created it's own eternal archetype or been extremely strong in eternal

>prove me wrong

Which one was the one that destroyed a protour?

How do you not know?

Being a fucking newfag has its perks.

It was the Eldrazi Winter.

eldrazi, and before you say

>b-b-but user, eye of ugin was the broken card

No shit sherlock, that usually how cards get broken in eternal formats, they synergize well with old cards, also TKS is still a strong card even without eye

>even though it didn't really have a deck at the time.
Because it makes it's own decks, You just jam in a bunch of 3 drops and hope for the best.

>nahiri is trash, why don't they print good cards anymore
>sees play in only 1 archetype in modern that doesn't really need it
>see guise I proved you wrong
Sorry its still a shit card

you know i finally figured out the niche this fucker has, its the replacement Jund has needed for years in modern for BBE.

>i-it being playable in modern doesn't count because I say so

ok

I didn't say it wasn't playable, dumbass. It only works in 1 archetype and nothing else, just because it works in the only deck that gives enough of a shit to run doesn't mean its the great card you think it is. Now please fuck off to the modern thread.

How does any of that disprove his point that Veeky Forums thought it was garbage that would never see play anywhere?

I wasn't talking about it not being playable, (You) like to warp the argument around alot don't (You)?

>Also every single block has had at least 1 card that has either created it's own eternal archetype or been extremely strong in eternal
Even Theros?

Then why did you even respond if you weren't gonna be a part of the conversation, which was about Veeky Forums being shit at predicting playability? Just craving (You)s?

>49199412
Maybe because I had to point out the idiocy in his statement?
>a bloo bloo Veeky Forums doesnt like certain cards
But I'm guessing he is also (You) don't see why you would care to respond otherwise

you just enjoy moving goalposts don't you?
first its complete shit now its a niche card, make your damn mind up.

devotion?

>49199458
Its quite easy to understand, its a card that only works in 1 archetype therefor its niche and shit.

>too retarded to even quote properly

Your argument doesn't even make sense. If it's shit, why would it fit into a niche for an archetype that's modern playable?

Resorting to name calling doesn't make you right, go to bed child.

You mean Scars of Mirrodin, dumbass.

Ignoring that you've given up even presenting an argument, you realize you just "resorted to name calling," right?

You can do better shitposting than this. Hopefully.

>Argument is literally about it being unplayable trash
>it's only in one deck, even though that's how every fucking good card works

Gee I hope the government gives you money for being this retarded because idk how else youd survive

Allow me to each you how card evaluation works

They're are two cards utility and build around cards

You can have good cards of both types

Examples

utility:
>brainstorm
>lightning bolt
>ponder
>lotv
>cruise
>goyf
>fetchlands

These cards can bamicably jammed in any deck that plays that color and be good for the most part

Build around

>delver
>Coco
>pod
>splinter twin
>tendrils
>nahiri

These cards require other cards to enable them but in that context are good cards

This is what makes you dribbling fucking tard who lost his wrangler

>nahiri is only played in one deck thats good without her
>one deck
>good without her

One of those statements is true and the other is not, the deck is called Jeskai nahiri for a fucking reason, just like splinter twin was called splinter twin for a fucking reason

The deck was unplayable trash before nahiri was was printed and now is viable

Just how splinter twin was viable and and since twin was banned the deck is now unplayable garbage

This is not a hard concept to understand

Also the other guy wasn't even me, I was the original user

>calling someone a child is name calling
>you're just shitposting

Because I'm schooling you on the truth about some piece of cardboard that has your waifu on it?

You put way too much effort into what will be responded to with pure garbage by a shitposter.

Eidolon of the great revel and to a lesser extent eidolon of rhetoric in modern SB

Teach and types*

God I need to go to bed

this user gets it, we've long past the point of rational discourse.

>It only works in 1 archetype and nothing else

It sees play in Kiki Chord/Evolution, Through the Breach, Jeskai Control, and Mardu. You don't really bother to check your facts very often, do you? You just sort of believe that you already know.

Nykthos is an archetype enabler.
A few of the Eidolons see Eternal play, Great Revel being especially good.

>all of this shitposting instead of discussing the spoilers
Did I accidentally click on /s4s/?

Neat.
SOI?

>Delver is shit
>miracles is shit
>shardless agent is shit
>all storm cards are shit
>life from the loam is shit
>dark depths is shit

Name some fucking cards that are good then dumbass because if your definition of a good card requires it to be good in more than one archetype it's only going to encompass utility cards

Prized Amalgam I guess?

Well, we just got done talking about Nahiri (at least I hope we're done). Then, of course, we have Insolent Neonate and Prized Amalgam enabling Modern Dredge. Grim Flayer is also starting to see some action in Modern and some Zoo decks have adopted Gnarlwood Dryad.

Does anyone else hate that they're bringing back colored artifacts? It feels like it's just "cardtypes lol" and contradicting a fundamental aspect of artifacts. And it's hard to justify why so few planes have colored artifacts if they exist at all. Plenty of planes have mixtures of flesh and metal.

Nahiri has a whole modern archetype, there are a few other cards that see fringe play like Abby in bw tokens and Thalia in mono white humans but those decks are meh

The argument was for blocks so it includes EMN so then we have Thalia which is dominating in d&t in modern and legacy

Can you explain me what is good in this Chndra because She look pretty shitty to me

>card advantage
>ramp
>destruction/protection
>game-winning ultimate

It's just aggrevating because Veeky Forums complains about no good eternal cards but there always is

I'm pretty sure 99% of them mean that no good modern control cards are printed because they're the biggest mtg shitters on Veeky Forums which makes sense because they are also shit to play against because they just want to say tell people what to do

>shittier lightning strike
Wizard really hate red.

> Seen better
> Lol Ramp what Ramp, 2 mana wasted
> For 3 4 Damage, Ob kill a fucking Eldrazi for 3
> Game winning? For making the opponent die of laughs?

Literally everything you ever want from a planeswalkers

>aggressive cost
>either card advantage or ramp to tick her up
>minus protects herself and can be used the turn she comes out
>starts out of bolt range and can be at 5 the turn she comes out with is hard to get rid of in combat
>her card advantage turns shitty lands into 0 mana 2 to the dome
>her ult wins the game and is realistic to get to in a game

She is so versatile, like busted versatile, like literally red Jtms level of busted

and god forbid we get a 1 drop mana dork I know noble hierarch counts in a special way as does loam dryad

I hope it's just the one cycle of mythic rare 5-mana constructs.

Veeky Forums everyone, please cap this post, I want everyone to point and laugh at this fucking retard for the rest of eternity

You probably would have called jtms bad when he was spoiled if you had the chance

>G
>1/1
>When ~ enters the battlefield, you get EE.
>T, Pay E: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.

Best you can expect to get.

I'd be happy.

I hope it was everything you wanted it to be

I am all a tremble at the thought

Aether Mox
{0}
When Aether Mox enters the battlefield, you get EEE.
{T}, pay EEE: add one mana of any color to your mana pool.

1 drop mana dorks, like 2cmc hard counters, arnt being made any more buddy.

It's not a Lightning Strike at all.

Energy can be hoarded. Hopefully you understand the difference.

JTMS Sculptor is Blue so is in a color with good Card
Ob Nibilix is is Black HE does what this Chandra Does and does it Better in a Better Color
This Chandra is in a Color where none of her skjills help in anuthing, she cannot even protect herself since 4 mana will never kill anything on the board in the 4 turn and nothing worth casting is RR in standard

I think E could be a way for them to reevaluate some of the limitations they've imposed in the past.

The art on these lands looks fucking amazing. Blooming Marsh especially so.

Holy shit. I just realized she's not a six drop. FINALLY.

Be fair to him, cap my evaluation and insulting of him as well so if I'm wrong I can be laughed at as well, although it is highly unlikely, it's definitly going to Warp standard and I believe its highly likely to see modern burn or zoo play, 4 mana is almost certainly too high for legacy though, the only reason jtms can get away with it is because he is in a control color and even then he only really sees play in miracles

>bbeg revealed
>it's fucking Nicol Bolas/Marit Late/Eldrazi/Phyrexia/whatever the fuck
>Kaladesh works it's machines at full blast to generate a ludicrous amount of energy
>nuke the fucker from orbit

You know what 4 mana isn't too high for?

Vintage

who else is playing the suicide taxi deck when carladesh drops

ez delirium and get some dryads driving too

And I thought I had a lot of typos in my posts, that wasn't even English man

>jtms is in blue color

Not really sure wtf this means, get back to me with a translation and I'll argue it

>ob nix does what she does better

Totally different card, has different abilities, less versatility, more mana and most importantly is a different color so I really have no idea what he has to do with this as they would be in completely different decks

>jumbled mess that can be summarized with she can't protect herself and does nothing and can't protect herself

4 damage(you typed mana but I assume you mean damage) kills literally every single relevant 1-4 drop on standard right now, please like me a single card with with 5 toughness that gets cast by turn 4

>no relevant RR cards in standard

Pia and Kiran and the dude that makes your dump your hand and draw three (reveler or something like that I think?) And fiery temper to an extent, thats not even mentioning all the playable R cards we have and hopefully more to be released this set