Mecha Mercs Skirmish Mission 14 part 2

Previous thread:
>

Time to address some corrections:

>I don't know how A2 isn't dead.
Probably forgot to delete A2 when I was removing the FX for the enemy phase.

As a result haze can get back 4 HP and 1 charge of reactive armour.

>C1: Armour 3/4 HP 11/14
C1 would have lost one charge of armour from a botched siege cannon shot, but any HP loss should have been negated.

>Declare actions. Everyone has until Wednesday night GMT +8, should be plenty of time.

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/tg/1473102261366.jpg
youtube.com/watch?v=mv8kS4T69M4
docs.google.com/document/d/1spkjqTv6f0XUhvib_hfayr3YWhAxBVETtMDOHBepv9Y/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>beads of sweat coat Nihilus' face as the smoke from the direct hits clear
>alarms go off everywhere, drenching his figure in red, warning him of the tight rope he now walks
"Whelp... Thanks for nothing Guidance Disruptor", he thinks to himself.
>nervously he turns on his set and makes radio contact with the rest of the company
"I just took one hell of a missle mauling from that Nimbus guys..."
>coughs through the smoke
"Now I can go help blow away the westernmost MGP away.. But im on my last leg here..."

Rolled 17, 13 = 30 (2d20)

"Screw it... We all gotta die sometime.."
>activate charge boosters
>move 6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6
>fire dual linked sabot cannons at E1
>end attack facing 3

Linebreaker:
Ablative
HP: 4/22
Def: 10
Edef: 8
SR: 8
Move: 4 +1 (Commando)
Torso: Sabot Cannon, Guidance Disruptor (3/3)
RA: Impact Hammer
LA: Sabot Cannon
Legs: Charge Booster
Extra: HV rounds
Cred: 1
Inventory: redundant systems

>Thanks for nothing Guidance Disruptor
Next time take a PD turret, a Linebreaker's defence isn't all that great anyway.

By the way, you can't move 66666666, there's impassable mech wreckage in the way. I suggest you amend that to straight north.
Now then, before Malek gets here I have some tactical input:

NOBODY MOVE JUST YET

We need to carefully consider our moves and order our actions to get the most done before air support gets here. Remember, it's not just planes we ave to deal with; type C VTOLs are coming and they can not only hack, the have very powerful heavy lasers, the same model as the Summit packs, which makes them a big threat.

So all this in mind, here are a few options I'd like people to consider:

Just ignore the Crocodiles
The Crocodiles can do a lot of damage if they focus fire, but they can't move and shoot, so if you stay at least 7 away from them they're harmless this turn. And while we want to damage them as much as possible, we don't need them all down. With their numbers reduced they are a less considerable threat. The Nimbus has greater range and can act freely thanks to the pilot's training.

Next up,

>Haze
We could likely use your umbrella for the air assault. Advise you take a couple shots against whatever mech you like least and withdraw to the pioneer station for repair. You're the only one the Crocodiles can reach this turn.

>MGPs
Nihilus's already taken a shot, but I'm inclined to say ignore the western ones, Nkruma can handle both (or the remaining one, now). The eastern flank is more of an issue, I can only destroy one of them, then the other will finish me (the E will pierce my armour, the B is fast enough to get round back, shred my armour with its free gun attacks and finish the job with the cannon). So I could use a hand, ideally cluster missiles (in which case I'll advance on the double to join the main force) or artillery from Goose (in which case I'll finish off the other one and move on).

>SAM sites busted
(worrying intensifies)

On other potential correction to raise: B2 was hit with howitzer splash damage and at least one shot from Chuck (he rolled 16+2), so I think it's armour should be 2/4.

Disregarding that, here is the enemy status as I make it:

A3
Armour 2/4 HP 14/14

B1
Armour 3/4 HP 14/14

B2
Armour 3/4 HP 14/14

B3
Armour 3/4 HP 14/14

C1
Armour 3/4 HP 14/14

>Amend movement to 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1
>face 6
>use previous rolls to fire at E1

A few discrepancies:
Did Haze not move back? Did Goose's Howitzer not kill the ECM drone?

Cryptic is right, everyone hold on!
I reckon we can eliminate ALL the ground forces this turn, but we want to hide under Haze's Umbrella and some Overwatches to protect us from the air assault.

Actually, Cryptic should roll first, to see if he needs any help eliminating the last D-MGPs.

Rolled 12, 16, 14 + 5 = 47 (3d20 + 5)

>see if he needs any help eliminating the last MGPs
I can only take a single shot in my own turn I'm afraid, so I can only get one at most, the other is on you guys. I WILL have alpha strike one day damn it.

I'm going for the railgun on principle. Thinks he can sit out of range blasting people through their reactive armour, that's my move!

>Move 44555
>Fire heavy laser at D4 (suppression, +5 to hit)

-Cryptic
Pilot Class: Gunner
Pilot rank: Veteran
Pilot Skills: Redline, Vigilance, Supression

==Magnus Lux==
Summit
HP: 8/16
Def:10
EDef:8
Sensor:8
Move:5
Armour: Reactive armour (2/4)
Torso: Enhanced Auto Loader, Advanced FCS, Redundant Systems
RA: Heavy Laser
LA: Tactical Shield
Legs: Thruster Array
Cost: 51

Okay, Railgun's toast. Anyone want to grab the MGP-B it'd be appreciated.

B3 took 2 damage in i.4cdn.org/tg/1473102261366.jpg

Okay.

I can confirm, Command missed Haze's move action, so she shouldn't have taken any damage this turn and had her armour restored. This is the position she should be in (and the range of her umbrella).

Thing is, this would mean the Crocodiles have nothing to shoot at, so Command may want to redo their actions. I kind of want to wait for him to give a ruling on this before we consider our own actions, since it'd have a pretty big effect.

Yeah Haze get their hitpoints and armour back. I'm not going to redo the enemy turn. Most of the relevant units are dead already. Just assume Haze is where they should be and play the turn as is.

Bitchin.

Alright Malek, it's all you. Sprinkle us with wisdom from your mighty brain. I had a few thoughts about how to handle things, but they can wait till I've heard your input.

Oh, for reference I'm pretty sure was meant to be 8 1's, not 10, which is fine, Nihilus still has the range for his shots.

Right, well here's a possible plan (in the order it is to allow for adaption):

1 - Bob Doe advances east and clears the last of the D-MGPs
2 - I cluster the area and shred reactive armour from A3 and B1-3, then eliminate B1 with Longbows and HKs
3 - Eigan and Goose blast B3 with a triple-howitzer bombardment
4 - Borealis and Chuck shred the last reactive armour of C1 and B2 with pistol/PD fire, then charge and flatten them with hammers
5 - Franz removes the last armour of A3 laser fire, then Borealis charges him with his hammer, followed by retreating for repairs
6 - Captain Nkruma has two guns, a recon drone, and all her HP, so should be able to deal with the E-MGPs
7 - Haze overwatches to guard against incoming flyers

Thoughts everyone?

My own plan (don't try too hard to follow the diagram, I can't even do it any more) would go something like this:

1-Eigan AoE's the three mechs twice
2 - Goose AoE's the three mechs, then uses drone control to move into Franz's sensor range and lock onto D1
3 - Malek clusters the three (unarmoured) units and C1 (or A3), then drone controls, having one shoot D1 with Goose's lock, and the other shoot whatever target is expedient (same for HKs)
4 - Chuck uses his free PD attack to shred C1's armour, then charges B2, then moves away northeast-ish
5 - Bob moves into cover and shoots C1, hopefully finishing it
6- Borealis either finishes C1 with pistols then charges B3, or charges first and shoots B1
7-Haze advances into cover and takes shots or overwatches as needed.
8- Franz moves into cover and shoots/overwatches.

It's very overwrought, so if there's any elements worth salvaging for your plan it'd be using a lock from Goose via TacNet and moving Haze up, since it'd cover us better and improve her defence.

I think the core of using the Howitzers to strip armour is good. Going to go offline for a couple of hours, but will be back with more plun.

Something else to keep in mind. We're reliant on Haze's umbrella to protect us from missiles, but the umbrella is sensitive equipment, which mean's it's likely for the incoming VTOLs to hack it and render it useless. They can do this from well outside her overwatch range too.

What about having some of us go onto overwatch for the incoming air support?

Sounds like a solid plan, but keep in mind the Umbrella won't stop bullets, and most air units have at least one autocannon.

Malek's plan calls for Haze to do that, and depending on how things play out anyone who's free could do it. But the important things right now are killing the Nimbus and thinning out the Crocodiles so we've got less hounding us when air support does arrive. We don't need to get all of them, just enough to prevent them teaming up like they did to Haze.

For you personally, you're probably better shooting ground targets, since you can strip armour from three enemies at once. Air units also have very high defence, so you'd be taking one shot at long odds.

My mech would be pretty good for AA duty, thanks to all it's bonuses and powerful multishot weapon, but unfortunately I'm way the fuck up in the corner. Bob might be good for it. He doesn't have my bonuses, but he has the same weapon and overwatch training, so he only has to get two hits, and if he moves up far enough he should be able to cover the main pass.

Not really the problem. Airoplane auto cannons aren't normally all that powerful, though we will want to avoid bunching up too much. I see two main threats from the air:

>Heavy Ground attackers
If they have these planes their guns deal higher damage and pierce armour.

>VTOL-Cs
These are extremely nasty. Their heavy lasers are potentially 12 damage nasty and also have much greater range than the Summit version. The craft themselves can also hack, which as mentioned is a threat to your umbrella, and they also get free lock on actions AND each one acts as a tac net hub.

Basically, if anyone overwatches the air, prioritise type C VTOLs, they're a massive pain in the ass.

Ah, makes sense. I think I'll hold my action until we've taken out more ground forces. I'd rather Overwatch my turn but we really need to thin the herd too.

Ok. Having digested Cryptic's ideas, I've come up with this clusterfuck of a plan. It gives good odds on killing all the ground forces, and leaves two people Overwatching to take on the air forces.

1 - Goose howitzers the ground between B1/2/3, and gets his drone under Franz's tac-net and to mark D1
2 - Eigan double-howitzers the ground between B1/2/3 (reactive armour gone)
3 - I go off: I cluster rocket everything, Lock B3, get a drone to Lock B1, get the other drone to Longbow D1, and then a HK kills each of B1 and B3
4 - Franz lasers the last armour off A3
5 - Nihilus charges A3, then pulls back for repairs (seriously, you're at 4hp, don't go hunting MGPs!)
6 - Chuck's PD shreds the armour on C1, then flattens B2, then retreats past the burning corpse of B3
7 - Bob Doe moves to Overwatch
8 - Borealis charges C1, then pulls back
9 - Haze moves to get everyone under the Umbrella, then Overwatches

The order this happens is IMPORTANT.
Eigan and Goose have to go first, then me before anyone else goes, or they'll get caught in the missile-rain or not have targets armour stripped. Chuck and Bob have to go after us, but before Borealis.

Shall we try it, or is it too complicated?

All you had to do was tell me to sit there and look pretty.

>Wait for everyone else's move
>Move 34
>Overwatch, prioritize air units

Looks good to me. One caveat is that Nihilus can't go after A3. since he's already acted , .

He should be safe enough for now, and A3 can't do all that much by itself.

Rolled 15, 5 + 1 = 21 (2d20 + 1)

"Beginning OEC protocol!"

>Fire HW at BANG! hex +1 to hit
>Drone Control A7:Move 6,6|Lockon D1

==Atonement==
Onager (Cost:52 (Upkeep:10))
HP 20 DEF 8 ED 8 SR 8 MV 4
--
Armor: Reactive Armor 4/4
Right Arm: Howizter
Left Arm: Shell Plating, Repair Arm, Recon Drone
Torso: Shell Plating, HK Missile 0/1
Legs: Heavy Servo
Other: Redundant Sub-sytem

Rolled 5, 10 = 15 (2d20)

Stats and rolls. I really got to get better at remembering...

=Singing In The Rain=
Warden (WRD)
Reactive Armour
HP 20/20
DEF 8 + (2 within SR)
EDEF 10 +2
SR 8
MV 4 + (1 Jump)
DR: 8 x4

Torso (3/4): TAM, AM Umbrella
L Arm (2/2): Sabot Cannon (Lnk)
R Arm (2/2): Sabot Cannon (Lnk)
Legs (1/1): Thruster Array (On Loan/Izzy)
Special: Redundant Systems

Also I'm assuming I'm at full reactive from the Pioneers, correct me if I'm wrong.

Well, the important part worked. Scratch one layer. Malek's drone will just have to take a potshot at the MGP.

No pressure Malek, if you miss I'll only go down in a hail of gunfire. I'll probably live, but I can't contribute to the defence if my robot's full of holes.

SHIT. Completely forgot to mention,

>at end of turn, face 3

I'll probably default to it anyway, but it can't hurt to be careful.

Did Chuck's point-def take off any armor layers on the nimbus?

It ought to have taken one, which in addition to the howitzer last round should leave it with two, though Command hasn't thus far acknowledged this.

Plans are such fragile things. The other option is that Bob could move to support you, since he has very good odds on killing the MGP. Then my second drone can either shoot something else, or overwatch the incoming VTOLs with an inaccurate rocket.

Depends which we want better odds on, killing the MGP (and keeping you in one piece) or killing an incoming VTOL.

Also, if Nihilus is locked in then Franz can do other stuff rather than just stripping armour from A3 and sticking his neck out.

*sigh*
Honestly, I'd say VTOL. If he stays and overwatches he gets 6 shots, of which only 2 need to hit.

Both MGP and VTOL have high defence, and the VTOL is higher, but against it he has more chance to hit, and the VTOL is a far more dangerous enemy. The only one menaced by the MGP is me.

It might not even finish me, it depends whether it can get a flank round my shield. I don't *think* it can, but I can't be certain.

Hate to double post, but fuck it.

Eigan, if you're reading this, go for the +10 redline, you've not used it yet and we badly need those shots on target.

Should I still move to where Malek wants me or should I stay where I am for the overwatch? Also use red line for guaranteed hit?

You get two actions a turn, so moving south-west and then overwatching with redline +10 against the air support would be a fine move. You might well blow two different ones out of the air at once!

The last eastern MGP probably can't kill Cryptic, and the incoming air support is far more dangerous.

Yeah, definitely move up first. VTOLs have crazy long range, long enough that you might not be able to reach them without closing the distance first.

If we wipe or get close to wiping out their forces they might just call off the air strikes right?

The objective was to destroy the HQ, but I doubt they'd send in just air units to do that. They'll almost certainly call off the fighters if we take out the upcoming artillery (which is probably going to arrive this turn or next), but we'll have to withstand at least one turn of bombing.

I asked a little while back, and Command did day he'd allow fire against aircraft if they were an otherwise viable target, so there's that. The VTOLs are just more dangerous, at least in my mind.

Flak guns when?

They are called SIEGE CANNONS!!!

We already got something better.

LASER BEAMS.

Ah, you've clearly got the blood of an Onager man in you.

No really HESH siege cannon rounds make really good flak batteries since even when they miss they have a very good chance of just critting the aircraft out of the sky.

Provided the aircraft is good wnough to fly right up into your face. The range on the siege cannon sucks, and half the time we've seen enemies use it the blowback ends up damaging them.

Air bursts never hit guys on the ground and the air support assets have a good chance to to be in range.

If they're using guns. More likely they'd have air to ground missiles. And then there's VTOL-C's with their heavy lasers that have 50% more range than the mech version, and the obligatory infinite ammo two shot longbow missiles (and free lock to use them).

Not to try to throw a wrench in Operation Enduring Clusterfuck, but aren't the enemy air units more interested in blowing the HQ, rather than the mechs scattered around it? Depending on where they enter the battlefield from, longbows could likely reach.
Haze's umbrella may be the only defense the HQ has.

[WORRY INTENSIFIES]

I think it will look more like this.

Rolled 1, 12, 18 = 31 (3d20)

>Fire both howitzers at tile 1SE of B1, hitting B1, B2, & B3
>This gun is silly

[ONG-2HW/G]

Onager
HP: 24
DEF: 8
EDF: 8
SNS: 8
MOV: 4

Armor: Ablative Armor
L Arm [4/4]: Howitzer
R Arm [4/4]: Howitzer
Torso [2/2]:
- Stilleto Targeting System
- Redundant Systems
Leg [1/1]: Heavy Duty Servos

Rolled 9, 12, 9, 17, 15, 9 + 10 = 81 (6d20 + 10)

>-Activate redline +10 to all rolls
>Move 5,5,5,5
>-Face 4
>Overwatch [Vigilance] to attack any enemy that gets into range (Prioritize on shooting at C-Type Heavy VTOLs, if no such target, then prioritize air enemies, if no air enemies then shoot at any enemy in range.)

>Tired brain forgot stat sheet derp

=Bob Doe=
Gunner: Vigilance

=The Snapper=
Chassis: [Summit]
Armour: Composite Armour (+4 HP, 1 DR)
HP: 20/20
DEF: 10 (1 DR and 2 DR front arc)
E.DEF: 8
SENSOR: 8
MOV: 4
Torso (3/3): Redundant Systems, Stiletto Targeting Suite, Enhanced Auto-Loader
LA (2/2): Tactical Shield
RA (2/2): Heavy Laser
Legs (0/1): N/A

>Goddamn it dice
Well, 2 layers stripped isn't nothing. I think I should be able to take out A3 and B3, but B1 is going to survive.

That's fine. A lone Crocodile can't accomplish much. The important part is can we kill B2? It's armour should be stripped after that last shot, so Chuck ought to be good to go.

Rolled 12, 7, 9, 3, 20, 17 + 6 = 74 (6d20 + 6)

After alot of rubbish plans, I have given up on the idea of killing more than one crocodile this turn. But if Franz and Borealis gang up, they might be able to take down A3. Meanwhile, the Nimbus has lost all reactive armour and is open to Chuck.

>Drone Control: Both drones Move 334, then dumbfire longbows at A3 (-4)
>Fire cluster rocket infront of B1 and B3 (see pic) (+2 from training)
>Free action Lock on B3 (+6 from training, skill, equipment)
>Free action fire 2 HKs at B3

I had this playing from another thread and I have to say, it made that gif more awesome:
youtube.com/watch?v=mv8kS4T69M4

>Forgot my pic

Still waiting on Chuck, Borealis and Franz. Given differing timezones, I'm not sure if they'll be able to get their actions in before the deadline, stepping back for a bit to plan cost us some time.

I was wondering why this turn is particularly long.
then again, there's the
>HALOS INBOUND
so there's that I guess.

Bump

Sorry I've been ill and the weather hasn't made it better

>-Auto-Fire PDT at C1 (+2 bonus)
>Charge 5, 6, 5, 6, 5, 6, swing at B2 with the hammer (+4 bonus)
>Move 111111, Face 4

18/22 HP

Want to roll some dice for that Chuck?

I'm not in a particular hurry to process this so I'll delay processing till I wake up tomorrow.

Grats.

I think they'll get their orders in on time, but just in case they don't, Malek, you may need to bot them. Or I could do it for you, I may be on GMT but I have atrocious sleeping habits, so I'll probably be up till the new deadline.

Rolled 2 (1d20)

Sorry it took so long. Moving now.

>Charge 656,
>Smash C1 with a hammer (14 damage total)
>Move 111111,
>face 4

Veeky Forums dice everybody!

I've never been bothered by the assertion that redline is plothax magic because without it we'd be utterly at the throbbing spiky mercy of the little bastards.

's why I stacked so many to hit bonuses on my mech. I KNEW.

Franz, all you now. Go ahead and do...whatever, really. Maybe lock on to one of the surviving mechs, that way Malek can finish it next turn.

BUMP
FOR GREAT JUSTICE

Rolled 8, 7, 15, 16 = 46 (4d20)

Well, at the very least the Nimbus is dead.

Such is life.
Really wish I had a melee subprocessor and was up at berserker rank, but even with a +6, I'd still have whiffed.
Whatchagonnado?

Really, we're not doing so bad. I make three Crocodiles left in various states of repair (none with armour), plus an MGP on either side, plus 2-3 air units down provided they move into range and if Haze gets her shot at a VTOL instead of a fighter. Nkruma has that west MGP in the bag, and the east one *probably* can't take me down in one turn (I hope), and about all the Crocs can do is advance or laser Chuck, who has his shield up and thus gives no fucks.

Really, my current concern is that air support will get by our AA and fuck up me or Nhihilus, since our asses are hanging out in the wind, or the HQ, which for some reason the IF never bothered to reinforce.

Tell you what you want to do; if you can't increase the odds of one shot, give yourself as many hit chances as possible. Mighty Kali. As soon as I get my own build locked down I'll gladly help you make it happen if you're interested.

>anxiety intensifies

>intensifies further

Good grief, we're only facing near certain death. Take a chill pill. It was anxiety that got you into this mess in the first place, wasn't it? Your first instinct was to flee north, when you could have made it into Haze's bubble if you'd taken a moment to calm yourself and consider the situation. Remind yourself of this experience whenever you're in a tight spot again. You're on a team, and that team has your back, just as long as your willing to trust it to them.

I can be this harsh because I learned this from personal failure. I made the exact same fuckup a couple missions ago. The boss appeared and I nope'd the hell out of there, only to watch Spare roll up and cripple it, creating an opportunity I had just utterly wasted.

That show against the servers was bloody spectacular, you were a one man wrecking crew. But one man can't win a war. You've done what you can for now. so just sit back and trust in your comrades.

And your guidance scrambler, that thing may prove very useful in a few seconds.

Now then, since Malek is probably off to bed by now and it's morning in the eastern hemisphere I guess I'll tentatively post a bot order for Franz, though anything Franz or Malek may post obviously has priority.

I recognise this may constitute me overstepping my bounds, but we need all hands on deck I'll accept full responsibility for the results and accept if the action is deemed illegal and nulled.

>Franz(bot)

>move 44 into cover
>Attempt lock on B1

=The mook=
Chassis : Crocodile
HP : 18/18
DR : 10
ED : 14
SR : 10
Mv : 4
Damage reduction : 2 on front, 1 on back

RA : Laser rifle (2/2)
LA : Tactical shield (2/2)
Torso : Ecm pod,Tac-net hub (3/3)
Legs : - Demolition charges(1/1)
Armor: Composite armor

Pilot skills: Fortified systems,redline (1/1)

Tentative orders summary (in the order in which they are carried out):

[1] Cryptic [5] Nihilus , (original movement was illegal)

[7] Goose [9] Eigan [6] Bob Doe , [10] Malek , [8] Chuck , [4] Borealis [2] Franz (botted) [3]Haze , And I will see you in the morning.

Or I might be dead. in which case I won't.

I'm just worried about you and Nihilus. I mean, air support is no joke, right?

Beginning Turn Processing

Get hype!

Chuck: Unable to complete move, path obstructed. (also you just walked into an artillery barrage)

>Standby for NPC phase

((There's so much stuff going on in the bottom of the map right now I don't think I can put all the FX in.))

Cable Guy: "Looks like the crocs have seen the writing on the wall. we just need to hold out a little longer."

>Standby for support phase.

>standby for aftermath

IF Officer: "The Zanvran assault has been broken, and enemy air support is breaking off. We've managed to scrap together some of our surviving units to escort the command staff out of here. Good job camels, you've really earned your pay."

MISSION COMPLETE

>Player Rewards:
Mobilization Fee: +10 Cred
Primary Objective Complete: +40 Cred

>Company Rewards:
Mission Payout: +40 Cred
Nkruma's Debrief

All players remember to deduct 20% of your mech's total cost from your payout as upkeep.

Oh wow, the enemy formation just melted. vaporized. more like.

>((There's so much stuff going on in the bottom of the map right now I don't think I can put all the FX in.))
Distract from the missing fx with moedrones being adorable, no one would ever notice.

>Company Payout 40 Cred
>minus 10 for the pioneers
>Old balance 59
>New balance 89
"Whew... that was very well done everybody. Now lets get packed up and out of here before they come back."

>Nkruma's Debrief
"Captain, you've made an incredible difference here today. Our pioneers will help recover any bodies, and we can provide an escort back to the Nobilis base."

>Player Rewards +50 cred
>Stormlord cost: 43 + 20 in drones = 63
>20% = 12 cred maintenance
>Old balance 1 cred
>New balance 39 cred

"Damn that last strafing was too close for comfort...", Nihilus thinks to himself as the dust settles over the battlefield
>suddenly he takes a deep breath and lets his nerves calm down
"Well done 3C... Way to give em hell."
>Player Rewards: 50 credit
>Linebreaker cost: 43
>20% = 8 cred maintenance cost
>old balance 1 cred
>new balance 43 cred

(Cryptic winces and closes his eyes as the explosion rocks his machine, then opens one cautiously as he realises he's still standing and sees that the enemy is in full retreat).

Hah.

Hah!

HAHAHAHA!

Yeah, you better run! I guess whoever was subordinate to the Nimbus pilot had some actual sense.

Final tally, four veteran Crocodiles, two elite Onagers, one elite Nimbus (all geared for assault work), three assault servers and seven MGPs, all without a single combat loss. Fantastic hustle out there guys, you were outstanding.

Mobilization Fee: +10 Cred
Primary Objective Complete: +40 Cred
Maintenance: -10 credits

Final balance: 40 credits

Yeeeeessss. I was worried I might not have enough, but I just about made it.

Always good to see a promising soldier make it out alive.

And as always, thanks for running. A mission as messy as this can't have been easy to manage.

Oh right I forgot to deduct the expenses...

Company rewards should actually be:
Mission Payout: +40 Cred
Intel Costs: -5 Cred
Pioneer Deployment: -10 Cred

Updated the accounts
>Intel costs 5
>New balance 84

Oh, and lets not forget our collective pat on the back for the man who made all this possible. Without his planning and expertise we'd probably still have won, but it would have cost us badly. But thanks to him we crushed that assault completely at no cost to ourselves.

Let's hear it for the brilliant tactical stylings of lieutenant Malek!

Ma-lek! Ma-lek Ma-lek! Ma-lek!

Captain Nkruma's Debrief has been added to the lore folder.

docs.google.com/document/d/1spkjqTv6f0XUhvib_hfayr3YWhAxBVETtMDOHBepv9Y/edit?usp=sharing

"Ma-lek! Ma-lek Ma-lek! Ma-lek
Am I doing it right?"

"Huh. so it WAS an inside job, is it? from what the black market guy said, something about the people stealing those nukes wouldn't have been able to penetrate the defenses and all that, actually making through? This actually makes sense.
how much further will this rabbit hole go?"

"Is it a shout? Okay then.
Ma-lek! Ma-lek Ma-lek! Ma-lek!
Am I doing this right?"

"Huh. so it WAS an inside job, is it? Guys, remembet what the black market guy said, something about the people stealing those nukes wouldn't have been able to penetrate the defenses and all that? And the fact that the nukes actually making through? If it WAS an inside job, then it's entirely possible, wouldn't it?
ANd to top it off mysterious forces from god knows where, armed with advanced equipment. What in the even what, how much further will this rabbit hole go?"

Yeah, looks like you (or Izzy, or Borealis, I forget) called it.

What I'm wondering now is are whether the IF coup faction and the mystery men are one and the same, or if there are like three different secret world conquest plans going on here. Hopefully Dr.Amerrit will be able to identify the masters of project road block, it may help clarify this.

>mysterious forces from god knows where, armed with advanced equipment
These might just be the rogue peacekeepers themselves using unmarked equipment.

I tell you something else though, Hetros tipped the IF off about Irving's plan to steal the nuke, but they apparently did nothing about it. I thought they had either disregarded it or the thieves assisting Irving had been elite forces, but now I realise it's also possible that whoever Hetros reached out to was in on the conspiracy.

It's starting to get very Titans in here.

"A healthy dose of suspicion is always good for keeping myself on alert. you never know what might hit you- hold on, three? where did the third come from?
Anyway, is it even possible to scrub off the ID marks that fast?
Shoot. You're right. At this point I think it's goddamn clear that this was an inside job.
And to top it off, whoever Hetros warned, knows that we are against them.
And that person might as well be alive and gunning for us, in the very organization that we are pleading mercy against.

Guys, where's the alcohol again?"

>And that person might as well be alive and gunning for us, in the very organization that we are pleading mercy against.
Well, at the very least they can't finger us as criminals and dispose of us publically, after the bust of Irving and this defence we've proven our 'devotion' to the cause. If they go after us, they'll probably do it sneakily, in our beds while we sleep.

...I'm not very good at being reassuring am I?