Warhammer 40k General

Edition smedition.

>Rules databases
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb
>Traitor's Hate repost

s1331.photobucket.com/user/KhadorBlood/media/Mobile Uploads/C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_14284838_10153865857293848_2003333056_o_zpsmr9lgei2.jpg.html

Other urls found in this thread:

s1331.photobucket.com/user/KhadorBlood/media/Mobile Uploads/C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_14284838_10153865857293848_2003333056_o_zpsmr9lgei2.jpg.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Does anybody have pre 6e codecs on pdf. I tried asking in the last thread but no one responded.

Its in the OP you nonce

Can Khorne Daemonkin be used in traitors hate formations? Blood tithes with the talon formation?

Does anyone have waaggh gazkhul 8ed pdf? The mega in the op only has the 6ed one.

0/10

Jesus when is somebody going to upload stuff to the Black Library and Supplement archives?

Nope. You already had your chance, now it's undivided's time to shine.

Also would you play against my casual 1500 point list:

Demon prince, nurgle, mace, wings, ml3
Chaos warband:
Huron blackheart (warlord)
Sorcerer

3 chaos terminators with combimeltas

2x 5 man nurgle chaos marines w/ plasma

1x 3 man nurgle biker squad with 3x melta

2x havocs w/ 4 autocannon and 4 missiles

1x Helbrute w/ reaper autocannon and power fist

Auxiliary: 1x 3 chaos spawn (converted from ogryns)

Not competitive yeah but fun? Bet how many turns before I'm tabled?

But why? The detachment says only csm, but the small formations have no such text. Is it the symbol on top of the sheet? Think that's generic formation symbol..

Unless it expressly permits it, you can't.

What would be a good purchase to make a Nid kill team out of? I already own three Zoanthropes and 8 unassembled gargoyles.

PDF of that book anywhere?

At least hold off begging untill release day.

What permits them to be used with csm?
I'm not trying to be a dick, I just want to know. It's the undivided star at the top right? I'm partly asking cause my kdk friend is gonna use them and I'm unsure he can.
Really I'm fine with either way.

Warriors are pretty badass when there's no massed 8/3 firepower to threaten them.

probably some warriors to run with the gargoyles and be your heavy hitters and synapse.
In kill team zoanthropes don't get their psychic powers so it's not worth taking them.

How am I suppose to get this?
Collector cards? What the hell are those?

Why, oh why, does each general keep using that shitty drawn image and not some decent 40k image? It's not like there isn't nearly 40k images to use, but no we get this retard image it's just not funny!!

Seems fairly explicit that they do get it.

>making fucking cool model
>hide it behind some dumb gimmick paywall
every time

probably like other loyalty points systems where buying stuff gets you points towards the thing. though this looks less awesome as points systems usually let you get the thing for free and this looks like you have to purchase the special mini on top of filling out the card. still i like that thing and a non curved crozious is fuckin' tits.

They aren't the same faction. Kdk could ally them like chaos can ally in the kdk hound and biker pack

isn't there something about the psychic brotherhood rule not doing anything?
Which given the zoanthropes don't independently have the psyker rule can't cast powers.

or am i getting editions mixed up.

The Detatchment page.

You can include the formation in a KDK army but they'll just be meat, no interaction with the KDK special rules.

Recognition.
To tell the general from the art dump threads, the question threads, the "hay here's a picture i found lets talk about it" threads.

Yeah, seems like a GW fuckup where they meant to say "psykers are alone, not a choir" then created an argument.

speaking of killteam
is there a scan or something of it yet?

yes

Thank you.

so what's the verdict on the traitors hate stuff? not as bad as we'd feared, better than expected, mildly viable?

I'm gonna go with the star at the top of the datasheet rules which faction can be used. Detachment page in traitors book only says "this detachment", not all detachments

Combo of the second two. Again, it does nothing to help the core problems of CSM, but it gives a lot more options to choose from (they now have over 20 formations to choose from, good or not), and a few of them actually do some good things (Warp Talons charging out of DS? Yes please!) It won't change anything in the meta outside of local, but hey, playing CSM in casual games might be fun again.

Definately not as bad as we feared. Some people in my area said maybe mildly viable even.

From what i can see, it's mostly a steaming pile of shit with too much tax. Kharn's formation has the ork start collecting bonus which nobody considers good anyway and berzerkers are too much tax. Raptor Talons seemed good but yay, disordered charge for no reason and stupid leadership shit, same with heldrake one. Happy for Night Lords players though cause that shit is fluffy as fuck.

The warpsmith stuff is largely bad and pointless since the oblits are mediocre by themselves and nobody takes mutilators. The forgefiend one is amazingly WORSE than the other one we got in the BL supplement!

It's nice how other armies get oodles of free shit and we get Hatred and the odd jump pack for one character. At least I can run my Rubrics in a formation to not have to take a sorc HQ though. What's funny is that the biggest reason why people bitched about 3.5 is that Iron Warriors dominated everything and the legion that gets the most love since.. has been Iron Warriors with Warpsmiths, Daemon Engines and probably the best formations CSM have access to.

its shit

>22 Pink Horrors
>22+d6 Warp Charges

>cool model
>plastered with skulls

Pick one.

skulls are cool

>At least I can run my Rubrics in a formation to not have to take a sorc HQ though.
That's not a formation, it's just an option in the detachment.

Hold your horses we haven't seen the other rules yet. The artefacts and 'wargear' if it exists.

Well.... He'll have a decent e-bay re-sale value, as long as you don't paint him (just because painted plastic has a worse resale than painted metal.... not commenting on brush skills :P).

>combo of "better than expected" and "mildly viable"
>it does nothing to help the core problems of CSM
lolwut
It's shit. Detachment bonus is ass, the core formations are essentially reprints of existing Black Legion and Crimson Slaughter formations (seriously, there's like 1.5 supplements worth of formations split between the three books) with mediocre bonuses, and the auxiliary formations are full of tax and mediocre benefits. Even with these formations, CSM are going to struggle against all but the most casual of builds.

Has there been any word of the psychic powers? Straight reprints of the loyalist disciplines, or did we get some curveballs?

Formation bonus:
Double the tables, double the fun; also Objective Secured.
Fucking yawn. Chaos gets fucked again.

I'm not sure about mildly viable, but it's a little better than expected.
The decurion is fairly meh, +1 leadership and situational Hatred are not exactly comparable to some of the other boni, but it's better than nothing, I suppose.
Kharn not getting EW is hardly unexpected, but still stings, nevermind how he looks even more out of place next to the decades-old berserkers now.

Is there any way to make a tyranid killteam that's decent? Because there seems to only be like 4 or 5 decent options

What exactly was the point of reprinting an unchanged Kharn datasheet? You already need Codex: Chaos Space Marines to run him. Did they even give KDK permission to run him?

Like the formation are huge, costly and offer what should have been default.

Better than before but far from:

>AoS tier details on front of armour
>same chaos star detail as the new CSM cultists and chosen carry
>available only at the flagship uk store

Where are anons seeing the leaks of the formations

What's the best faction currently available to represent squats

IG?

Marines of some persuasion, ideally ones with grav acess.

Have you tried looking in the thread?

Didn't play back then but weren't squats known for being hardy and great engineers? If so probably counts as marines with Iron Hands chapter tactics.

When did more detail become bad? Also AOS has great models you mong

I keep repeating this but ibsec on the warband is pretty sick.

I think too many people forgot how cheap csm termies and bikes are, and with this they now get obsec, hatred imperium, preferred enemy space marines, +1 leadership, and two free boons if you wish.

On a three man termie squad with tzeench and combi meltas that is alot for 137 points.

Bikes are the same story. They are not eldar shooting wise but are way more tough and much more useful with obsec.

There's detail and then there's beltsbeltsbeltsbeltsbeltsbeltsbeltsbeltsbeltsbeltsbeltsbeltsbeltsbeltsbeltsbeltsbeltsbelts levels of detail.

Yeah, T6 obj bikes with a lord who also has obj secured.

Do it yourself, you entitled brat

You sound like someone who doesn't think Lord Celestant Vandus Hammerhand isnt your spiritual liege. Don't tell me Ionus Cryptborn doesn't look cool

Less is more.

Are faggots still begging for CSM drop bags and vanilla CSM troops with boltguns to be "viable" ?

sisters of battle

No.

We just got it.

Nah. No gotta agree. That model would look so much fucking better if all that shit wasn't covering the actual model.

is 100% right

>and with this they now get obsec, hatred imperium, preferred enemy space marines,

I thought VotlW was Hatred: Space Marines. Where's preferred enemy coming from?

Nobody is and you already shat up the previous thread with your strawmen and autisms, virtualoptim/carnac/faggot

The Detatchment, same that makes WotlV free.

Considering you can't summon in Kill Team that just means you're paying 9ppm for a guarantee 24" 2d6 Heavy Bolter and a what? 1/2 chance of a potentially good power?

Also odds are most won't be able to fire due to the whole not having enough dice to manifest.

>Granted with 22 models about half shouldn't be in LOS / went to ground so the remainder should have enough dice.

>preferred enemy space marines
I keep repeating this, but you're a retard who doesn't even know the rules of the thing that he's desperately trying to delude others into thinking is good.

I mean, Jesus fuck, that terminator squad is 45 PPM for terminators. And you think that's a good deal?

Nurgle Bikers pay a premium for a result that is often not that much tougher than a regular bike (since they still drop like flies to anything that fucks up regular bikes).

Actually I schooled you guys and left you quivering.

I'll be looking forward to doing it again once you finally digested this new codex.

Odds are you'll just shit it out since you're all allergic to reason and crunch.

CSM are just an shitty as before. This does absolutely nothing to help them in competitive scenarios.
No, but you're still shitposting about it. Good job.

What? Yes you can, each formation can be taken standalone, so u can make an army of spawn if I want to with the other formation.

>45 PPM for terminators
31 ppm

Is mark of Tzeench ever worth taking?

Look forward to you telling us how great it is once we've spent half our points on Wyverns and Basilisks.

Anything with daemon or can take a sigil or aura, yeah. 4++ or 3++ is sexy

user was responding to other user's Terminator loadout
>3 Tzeentchian Terminators with Combi-meltas for 137 pts (45-46ppm)

Those aren't formations, dipshit. No page number, no formation datasheet. They're just options for the detachment. Like the Incursion can just take single squads of Furies or the Iron Hands detachment can take Dreadnoughts and Tactical Squads.
137 divided by three is definitely 31, moron. Glad to see that your math skills are as lacking as your understand of CSM rules.
The detachment doesn't grant PE. At all.

no retard, unless it has a datasheet with a formation, its just a choice in the detachment

Likewise. I'm eager to hear how core mechanics in the game like allies are anti-RAW and how KDK power armour units aren't technically "Chaos space marines".

You also have 22 powers from the Lore of Change. Assuming an average split, that's 7 Bolts of Change and 7 Internal Gateways.

Seems decent. I've seen a lot of people moaning that (for example) the raptor formation isn't as good as skyhammer, but frankly anyone moaning that the new rules aren't as good as one of the most notoriously cheesy formations in the game is a twat. The traitor's hate stuff looks to have strengthened CSM, but not in a bullshit OP way, is what I'm saying.

Duelist lords. That's it. Even then you're fucked since the "one relic only" FAQ nerf gutted the worthwhile Lord builds.

It's too expensive to throw on anything else.

Not everyone plays objectives and besides, I can't shake the feeling its like a kid telling on the teacher cause he's not strong enough to stand up for himself. It's... pathetic? I dunno if that's the word. Just feel like a pussy

>The detachment doesn't grant PE. At all.
No it grants hatred for the imperial army.

>as your understand
am gud 2 se ur ritin r as gud as ur redink

That would be... Using 3 wc per cast to mostly guarantee casts, about 9-11 shorter range heavy bolters, losing one for every three wounds the kill team takes. Plus diverting dice to whatever the other power is.

It's decent, but not HOLY FUCK NO

It's not even as good as the Raven Guard Vanguard Veteran assault from deep strike formation. It's fucking ass. You have to court disaster trying to land close enough to get the charge off since Icons aren't allowed to be worthwhile, and the Disordered Charge thing neuters your assault to the point of uselessness. If it didn't have the tax lord it would at least make Warp Talons a cute unit, even if their lack of assault grenades means they get shafted hard by any half-way competent opponent.

My god, this autism can not stand. 137/3 = 45.6667. The true cost is 128 because VotLW is free which is 42.6667 PPM.

You literally just claimed that the detachment granted PE in this post here:

When did GW dropped the new Deathwatch codex?

god I am broke right now

Just work for an hour and buy it

I don't believe it. Nothing tells me an entry cannot be taken by itself. Every part of a detachment with an entry can be taken by itself separate from everything else. If nit, point me where it says i cant cause I've seen people take rules-less "formations" on tg as well and nobody batted an eyelash

The vast majority of people don't make $50 an hour.

>an hour

unfortunately user not everyone has zero bills and make that kind of money

core rulebook, formations and detachments. also right on the page with the decurion in every codex

Nothing says that the entries can be taken alone. We're told that formations can be taken alone, but formations have datasheets.
>I've seen people take rules-less "formations" on tg as well and nobody batted an eyelash
Bullshit. Even if it did happen, that's just because nobody pays attention to lists unless it provokes some reason to shitpost memes.

Deathwatch=/= Killteam

Maybe Nob-heavy Orks?