MTG LEGACY GENERAL - Ghost Rare Edition

Discuss your tier 4 decks, join in the namefag circlejerk, or post format memes.

>Playing?
>Extra deck?
>Silver bullets for the local meta?
>G1 T1 Chalice on 1: How hard does your deck fold?

RESOURCES
>Active Legacy Forums
mtgthesource.com/forums/forum.php
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/legacy-type-1-5

>Current Legacy Metagame
mtgtop8.com/format?f=LE
mtggoldfish.com/metagame/legacy

READINGS
>Top 5 Breakdown (May 26, 2016)
channelfireball.com/articles/the-top-5-legacy-decks/

>Miracles: The Match-Up Everyone Should Know
channelfireball.com/articles/how-to-defeat-miracles/

>Utilizing Cabal Therapy
channelfireball.com/home/legacy-weapon-therapy-session/

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J73oDOSYGHwLdQObJ6vqV5e4CYC-H4QVebrm_TZW2Qc/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Common Legacy - Decks You Should Prepare to Face
>Miracles
>Delver variants
>ANT (Ad Nauseam Tendrils)
>Death and Taxes
>Eldrazi Stompy
>Shardless BUG
>Lands

Uncommon Legacy - Decks You Should Know About
>LED Dredge
>Reanimator
>Infect
>Stoneblade
>Burn
>TES (The Epic Storm)
>Elves
>Painter
>MUD
>Maverick
>4-Color Loam
>Nic Fit
>Sneak n Show

Rare Legacy - Decks You May See On Occasion
>Enchantress
>MUD
>Dragon Stompy
>Goblins
>Merfolk
>High Tide
>Aluren
>Food Chain
>12 Post
>Belcher
>Blood Moon Stompy
>Tezzerator
>Sneak n Breach

Mythic Legacy - Decks You'll See Once a Year
>Doomsday Fetchland Tendrils
>Cheerios
>Sea Stompy
>Nourshing Lich
>Spanish Inquisition

First for Dredge

>>Playing?
Manaless Dredge
>>Extra deck?
In my dreams.
>>G1 T1 Chalice on 1: How hard does your deck fold?
Oh no, I can't cast Probe or Therapy. I guess I'll just Dread Return this Balustrade Spy on turn 2 anyway.

Posting the Lich List so new anons can be in on the joke. This is as real as it gets.
NOURISHING LICH Rev 1!
4 Nefarious Lich
2 Lich
4 Nourishing Shoal
4 Autochthon Wurm
2 Zuran Orb
2 Summoner's Pact
4 Lotus Petal
4 Dark Ritual
2 Cabal Ritual
2 Chrome Mox
4 Brainstorm
4 Ponder
4 Thoughtseize
2 Grapeshot
4 Polluted Delta
4 Bloodstained Mire
2 Underground Sea
1 Badlands
1 Bayou
1 Isand
2 Swamp
1 Tomb of Urami

And to answer the question:
>primary deck
DDFT
>secondary deck:
Nourishing Lich
>Silver bullets
Flusterstom in the board
>can you beat chalice@1
Both decks are capable of it. Shutting off cantrips makes it tough. But DDFT can wish for meltdown or find the 1 main deck decay, and Lich can just ignore it if it draws the combo pieces naturally.

amazing

I know some of these cards. Tfw only have a zombie graveyard ub standard deck. I have no idea how to go about getting into legacy.

Back on Chrome Mox, eh?

Possible transformative sideboard:
4x Buried Alive
1x Triskelion
1x Phyrexian Devourer
1x Necrotic Ooze
1x Putrid Imp
4x Shallow Grave
3x Reanimate

Well that's the list I'm playing with in the MTGO league, so it's rev1. I have some plans to tune it up, but since I can't change my list while in still in the league i'm still on rev1.

Oh okay, I don't play on MTGO, only paper, so not sure how everything works there.

>Playing?
Dredge is my primary, hence the namefagging.

>Secondary?
Burn. Ported over from Modern, the deck is so much better now.

>Silver bullets?
There's apparently a lot less Miracles at my shop than I thought. Nevertheless I still run a stock sideboard for both Burn and Dredge.

>G1 T1 Chalice on 1
Oh, so that's how you want to play it, Eldrazi? Watch me reanimate my Iona on colorless; have fun casting spells. Don't you call a judge over here, I have a gun.

>TFW no pox

Here's a list I updated from last thread.

>Miracles
>Delver variants (Grixis, Izzet, BUG, RUG)
>Death and Taxes
>Eldrazi Stompy
>Shardless BUG
>Lands

>LED Dredge
>Reanimator
>Infect
>Stoneblade
>Burn
>TES (The Epic Storm)
>Elves
>Painter
>MUD
>Maverick
>4-Color Loam
>Nic Fit
>Sneak n Show

>Enchantress
>MUD
>Dragon Stompy
>Goblins
>Merfolk
>High Tide
>Aluren
>Food Chain
>12 Post
>Belcher
>Pox Control
>Blood Moon Stompy
>Tezzerator
>Sneak n Breach
>Stax (White or Black)

>Doomsday Fetchland Tendrils (DDFT)
>Cheerios
>Nourshing Lich
>Sea Stompy
>Spanish Inquisition
>Parfait
>The Cure (Kavu Predator + False Cure)

>Dragon Stompy
>Blood Moon Stompy
it's the same shit, why is it in there twice?

Apparently so is MUD, in both Uncommon and Rare Legacy. I'll take out Blood Moon and leave Dragon Stompy.

>Miracles
>Delver variants (Grixis, Izzet, BUG, RUG)
>Death and Taxes
>Eldrazi Stompy
>Shardless BUG
>Lands

>LED Dredge
>Reanimator
>Infect
>Stoneblade
>Burn
>TES (The Epic Storm)
>Elves
>Painter
>Maverick
>4-Color Loam
>Nic Fit
>Sneak n Show

>Enchantress
>MUD
>Goblins
>Merfolk
>High Tide
>Aluren
>Food Chain
>12 Post
>Belcher
>Pox Control
>Dragon Stompy
>Tezzerator
>Sneak n Breach
>Stax (White or Black)

>Doomsday Fetchland Tendrils (DDFT)
>Cheerios
>Nourshing Lich
>Sea Stompy
>Spanish Inquisition
>Parfait
>The Cure (Kavu Predator + False Cure)

It''s just a mistake. Blood moon stompy covers all the various stompy decks, minus eldrazi and 8/10-Land Stompy

>Playing?
infect
>Extra deck?
maritocracy
the whole deck is a silver bullet for my meta. bunch of miracles and dnt.
24 1 cmc spells. I don't need any of them to win, but outlook is bleak.

>Playing?
Grinding station/ANT
>Extra deck?
Pffffff, not needed
You think I need them to win?
I mean... I don't really care as long as you don't follow it up with a clock of some kind.

Nope, no and what?

Blood moon type decks =/= chalice + trinisphere decks that are usually referred as stompy decks. I suppose blood moon stompy is one with blood moon AND chalice + trinisphere.

>Blood moon type decks =/= chalice + trinisphere decks that are usually referred as stompy decks
I'm sorry but what? What blood moon deck doesn't run chalice and trinisphere?

Decks like dragon stompy usually play chalice, moon effects and trinisphere. Moggcatcher and werewolf stompy fall under this as well. Eldrazi stompy doesn't play moon because it relies on its nonbasics. 8-land stompy is an ancient deck, presumably nonviolent that was a land grant aggro deck and had the stompy name but didn't play like the current decks with the stompy moniker.

*nonviable, not nonviolent

Hey faglords, is this the pauper club? And if not, is this where we talk about China?

CHYNA

buy villa zheng

What I said was that stompy deck doesn't mean blood moon deck, see here:
>Blood moon stompy covers all the various stompy decks

Which meaning I probably misunderstood. anyway, stompy variants all play almost same, but I have seen some decks play blood moon main with trinisphere being only in sideboard. It's the same shit tho.

>RUG Delver
>many extra decks though recently I threw together goblins
>kind of silly but I play 1 divert against elves and bug
T1 chalice is pretty back breaking if it resolves. Hopefully I can force it or daze it if I went first otherwise it's over.

>Playing?
ANT. Actually I'm not really playing it. I just built it on a whim. There is no place around here to play legacy. Fortunately (or unfortunately) I love this game enough to build decks like one would build a model ship and I get significant enjoyment out of simply collecting cards. I still have hope that one day I'll be able to play. Legacy is the format that ignited my passion for this game.
>Extra deck?
Nothing yet but I have a lot of pieces for a lot of decks with relatively minimal investment required to complete some of them. Just need a city of traitors and a couple wastelands and poof, I have a half foiled eldrazi list. If I pick up some more duals, I could have Shardless BUG complete in short order. A few ports, some dark depths and lands is in the bag. That said, it's no small undertaking and I have to be sure of my choice before I pull the trigger. Right now, it's between reanimator and miracles. I expect to favor reanimator when my finances recover as miracles, cool as it is, is just not black enough.
Meta? I seem to be missing that staple and every shop I go to is sold out.
Pretty hard I imagine. Locking out my cantrips and half my rits, in theory, spells game over. Recovery is not impossible but extremely unlikely before a thorn effect or chalice on 0 finishes the job.

how do I do that?

I wouldn't bother (again) personally, the quality is great for proxy purposes, but don't expect to fool a lot of people. They're fairly obvious imo, although not everyone pays close attention to your cards.

How long did it take for your cards to come in? I ordered mine about a week ago.

I mean all I want is to play at my LGS without anyone giving me the stink-eye

Everyone knows Legacy is expensive, noone will care if you print out some duals so you can play the format.

Can't remember exactly, but it was pretty fast. I'm guessing 10 days or something?

>>Everyone knows Legacy is expensive, noone will care if you print out some duals so you can play the format.
People who play Magic tend to be turboautists man, I am not showing up at a sanctioned tourney with something that'll be identified without at least unsleeving it

>>sanctioned tourney

Yeah, I thought you meant just casual games at your LGS.

Don't expect Villa Zheng proxies to fool your local judge though.

My LGS does weekly Legacy which is sanctioned, and it's pretty competitive, so I was hoping for something where I could actually play the fucking game instead of having to buy into this weird-ass cult of consumption that's spawned around Magic, but alas, I'll have to stick to Go if Villa can't get his shit together and counterfeit better

Made a link for organizing the time of a potential tourney.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J73oDOSYGHwLdQObJ6vqV5e4CYC-H4QVebrm_TZW2Qc/edit?usp=sharing
The idea is for everyone to put times where they would be OK with an 8-man STARTING at that time. For instance, I'm actually free from (approx) 8-AM to 11-AM on MON/WED but the tournament couldn't start at 10 (it might be able to start at 9 but it could be a strain) or I'd have to leave by the end of it, so the only time I put down was 8 as that was the only time it could start.
To indicate that you're free a certain time just add a comma and some mark specific to you. Once 8 people intersect on a time we can set a tourney to start then.
REMEMBER TO ADJUST FOR TIME ZONES. The organizer is on central time.
Put times whenever you're free, if someone is left out then that person won't go, no big deal.

People who organize international things and don't use the international standard of UTC should be hanged desu

I only clicked on this thread because I recognized nefarious lich from an idiotic deck a friend made way back when Odyssey was in standard.

The only time it ever could have won a game, the person using it intentionally did something to lose the game to make the creator REEEEEEEEE

Building and green deck after steping out of mtg for 2 years now jumping back in, Stopping and timed rush down any problems

To be fair, Trinisphere is the worst lock piece in the dark. Against Miracles it doesn't do much, and as hard as it can hit Delver it isn't a hard lock.

Blood Moon stompy is just the most common type. White Stompy is certainly a thing. You can go creature based with Thalia's, Winter Orbs, Wasteland and Chalice. You can go the Suppression Field route and run Moat along with a pile of angels. You can go Stax and run closer to a MUD deck.

The common theme of Stompy is lock pieces combined with manabase pressure. Some cut back on the mana pressure, but they tend to be the least threatening of the Stompy decks. Chalice and Sol Lands are the key cards, and I'd call any deck running both Stompy. This includes Tezz decks, in many ways they are the thinking man's Stompy deck

I think tezz decks operate very differently from stompy decks. They're permanent based control decks with a toolbox.

Goblin Stompy is permenant based control with a toolbox. As is Human Stompy. And Sea Stompy.

They're all prison decks, Tezz is just ac more controlling variant

> playing
My name faggory explains that
>extra deck
Non yet but thinking of working on a DnT deck or ANT
>silver bullets
Non really, unless you count surgical extraction. Because that's a boss
>G1 T1 chalice
I don't know, I play it out for a couple turns to see if I get council's judgment or a monasterey mentor or Jace to do something

>Playing?
RUG Delver
>Extra deck?
Building Grixis Omnitell, seems awesome
Nothing, meta here is pretty diverse.
If that shit doesn't get Forced then I guess I hope I can Daze/Force/Wasteland my survival until I draw a Goyf. So basically, I'm fucked.

>no Scepter Control

You're right that they have toolboxes. I should have been more clear. Tezzerator does not subscribe to the "slam lockpiece, slam threat, win" game plan that stompy decks do. Even if those stompy decks can select their threat or their lockpiece through a toolbox of some kind, they still operate differently than tezzerator decks. I can almost see an argument for tezz being at one end and eldrazu being at the other end of the aggro-to-control stompy spectrum, but I think tezzerator is too different from stompy for that to really make sense.

If Sea Stompy is on there, Scepter Control should be too.

Man, do you just hate everybody? Or just the easily triggered like myself

anyone know of what the best app is to do deck editing and just general card prices?

What's the current Cheeri0s decklist?

Next legacy thread should be "esper miracles guy gets triggered edition"

I don't like the sound of that... can we go back to having regular discussions about legacy?

Whatever, I'll fix it for next thread. I don't see how adjusting to that time is easier than any other time, but OK.

elves

Fuck off

MTG LEGACY THREAD - DDFT Guy is the only sane one left, /dredge/guy has been thrown off a cliff, Reanimator guy is always drunk, and Esper miracles guy is too triggered to post anymore

Also infect guy and a few other dudes

Card prices for me is MTGFamiliar, deck editing I just use my phone's Notepad.

thanks
getting back into this shit and picking up what i can at flea markets. trying to rebuild a sliver deck i had

To be fair the only reason I'm not drunk everyday is because I've only had 1 piece of I.d for the past 3 weeks

>>Reanimator guy is always drunk

w-what? And I even made a nice thread for you guys...

Trying to make meathooks work again I see? Man I miss that deck.

You sound drunk to me, and I'd like to consider myself an expert on the matter

I'm no expert but I l think it''s something like
4x glimpse of nature
3x scapegoat
4x lotus petal
4x land grant
4x gamble
2x grapeshot
1x Russian foil stomping ground
38x kobold of fuck mountain

No sideboard needed cause you're a baller.

>1x Russian foil stomping ground
Fucking kek

Well, I'm not ____________yet

>foil Russian stomping ground
Anyway, thanks for the list.

Why do you guys not use tripcodes? If you're going to use names anyway, then it's perfectly acceptable, and reduces the chance of imposters.

We're a pretty small group, if it becomes a problem we can start but so far we haven't needed to.

I see. If I pick up legacy, do I get to join the fun?

Yes, yes you do.

No. Legacy is No Fun Allowed (TM)

don't listen to that other guy. legacy is the most fun. here's a flowchart from the last thread to pick a deck.

My deck is so forgotten it doesn't even show up there.

So the ones I'm looking at from that are
Cheeri0s
Spanish Inquisition
Necro 2.0
Sea Stompy
Demon Stompy
What's cheap?

God damn I need to finish updating this flowchart. Consider it on my list of things to do before the night is over.

Also, Hive Mind looks fun.

I'm pretty sure cheeri0s is the cheapest of those, but the Russian foil stomping ground will still cost you.

Really? I would have expected one of the stompys to be cheap.

not unless you already have 4x ancient tomb, 4x city of traitors and 4x chalice of the void

Stompy decks need sets of Tomb and City, and City spiked really hard.

SI isn't that bad for expensive stuff.
if it was me i'd go demon stompy since i can't stop ballin though.

Can any user help me find the art described in

?

So I guess my choices are left to
Inquisition
Cheeri0s
Necro 2.0
Doomsday Fetchland Tendrils

those are all pretty much tier 3-4 decks
not really worth investing in

Not that one, the picture I'm looking for has the wizard holding his hand up and looking like he's grasping a ball of energy

Go with DDFT, people get so damn mad when you win with it and it madly increases your skillz game something fierce.

Fuck, forgot pic

How hard is it to hit gud at?

*git gud
Fucking phone

I think it should be "Mythic Legacy - Decks you may occasionally hear about". Or phrase it similarly to Rare Legacy ("Decks you may hear about on occasion,") but it flows worse.
Why Rev for 1 when you can Revelation for x=15? :^)
see the chart posted elsewhere
The first Legacy deck I dabbled in was Tezzerator, and I concur: The deck plays very differently from other Chalice Stompy decks. Still, it's not like the deck is a control/prison deck with inevitability; it wants to slow down the game until it can assemble a win conditions, such as a ton of artifacts + Tezz ult, or the thopters combo.
tappedout dot net is fine for deck editing, as it comes with nice graphs for mana curve and land base. The card pricing is there, but without nuances.
>Next episode of Magic the Gathering: Legacy:

whelp you gotta keep track of a bunch of shit and you gotta make sure you know when exactly to go off.
its a storm deck, its an absolutely hilarious storm deck but its a bigass storm deck, so theres stack shenanigans, in addition you gotta put up with the retardation that is DoomsDay and figure out how with the last 3 cards in your deck you are gonna win that turn, this is a really simplified answer as to what the deal is, DDFTguy could probably tell you a bunch more bout his deck, its some great shit if you can get it off.

>$2000
Just realized. Guess I'll try it on XMage or something. Looks like I'll be Cheerios guy soon.

This is the first time I've ever tried taking a picture of my decks but I always see you guys sharing yours and I kinda wanted in on it.

I've been pleasantly surprised with how well 8-Land Stompy holds up in most matchups. It's also dirt-cheap.

>look up a list
>check price
>$50
Is it really good? I want to believe.

tripcodes are for jerks
>Russian foil stomping ground will still cost you
How many bottles of vodka are we talking about?
>Welder Tezzerator Guy
Did I miss something? Why don't you introduce yourself and post a list?

Also I (Staxman) will drop my name tag until I man up and actually invest in a real cardboard legacy deck. I'm not worthy to consider myself one of you yet. Until then, shuffle well.

>no berserks in the deck
user plz, also the price is gonna drop like a rock soon so its a really good time to pick them up too, it would be the only expensive card in the deck but its so damn good its ok anyways.

Biggest issue is Chalice, obviously, but lots of Legacy decks have to deal with Chalice at one on turn one. I've been pretty happy with this build, but I am still fine-tuning it.

Warrior's Lessons has been the most surprisingly good addition to the deck as it helps fuel my hand to get the pump I need to closeout the game. Winter Orb is a card that very few decks I've palyed against know how to get around.

Berserks are on my "to get" list, because I cannot overstate how important Trample is to this deck.

Tripcodes are for when your identity is relevant to the thread, retard.