BUT YOU CAN CALL ME DANTE THE INQUISITOR. HAS A NICE RING TO IT, DON'T YOU THINK?

BUT YOU CAN CALL ME DANTE THE INQUISITOR. HAS A NICE RING TO IT, DON'T YOU THINK?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cZc6cr6G2E4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

heretical scum get off my board

Need a dispensa!

I enjoyed the prologue a lot more when I looked at it as if it were a Dark Heresy group, with a token edgelord, serious soldier man, and quiet girl doing very little.

Those marching marines tho.

the best part. probably the only good part. Eternal crusade could use these guys for art

I really hope he's gonna be the main character. He's a little bitch, sure, but that means there's room for him to change.
But I think he's gonna be corrupted or something.

I like him.

lmao stop being a contrarian bitch

the prologue was great, no if and buts about it

ok

this. This guy reminded me so much of some of my players.

Wtf is that thing?

I don't spend 24/7 here, guilty.
WTF is it?

>smiling

fallen to Slaanesh instantly.

>not smiling
Nurgle

youtube.com/watch?v=cZc6cr6G2E4

>not 'Harry the Heretic Slayer"

Well.

That was horrible on countless levels.

ok

Well it was, wasn't it?

The acting and characterisation was awful, the animation was janky, his depiction of Terra was lore raping. Half of it was static shots of backgrounds and the other half was mid 90's Mainframe trying to do 40k as a side project.

What part of his depiction of Terra was lore-raping?

You know, there are lot of open air hives. Probably also on Terra, there is nothing written to the contrary AFAIK

>mid 90s mainframe

BEAST WARS 2 WHEN?

CAPTAIN POWER AND THE SOLDIERS OF FUTURE!

Wait, that was 89. Fuck.

Beast Wars was good shit

Megatron was way better than the one in G1 could even be a nice BBEG in campaign

Almost all of it. Every core rulebook describes it as a fucking smoggy hellshit. Not this banners and parades blue sky haven. Why not set it ANYWHERE ELSE?

We got Beast Machines and BW Neo, sad as it is, the beast era is over... Until a Bayformers variant...

>Beast Machines

>Trex Megs BBEG
>Yyyyeees
I literally used all his mannnerisms on a polymorphed black dragon BBEG....
No one else at the table knew Beast Wars...

Yeah, it wasn't great. Even if I was the one person alive who liked the Rhinox/Tankor plot.

It looked hellshity to me, although I do not know where you live that you consider that bloody lack of ozone a "clear blue heaven".

Just from my head, both HH a TBA have description of Terra´s weather not being the Beijing all the time all over the planet, although they take place thousands of years before current 40k. Cant remember the weather description from Wolfblade, and Vaults of Terra is still upcoming.

If your source is 3rd Edition rulebook, dont forget its the grimdarkerst piece of fluff ever written. And also about the writeups in rulebooks, everything you have been told is a lie.

What does that make the Inquisitor?

The sitting omnious man.

>Rhinox/Tankor plot

FUCK 40K for second here

That entire arc made bleed from the eyes fucking Rhinox agreeing with megatron? Never in a million years and not to mention unlike Rhinox who was given a choice to stay as tankor. Jetstorm was straight up killed by Blackarcahnia

>dont forget its the grimdarkerst piece of fluff ever written
That's 40k though, isn't it? The tone changes with each writer and with each medium. Heavy metal album cover for the tabletop game, where no one ever needs to be reasonable and there is only war. Progressively more logic and apologising/justifying for inconvenient setting details when you get into the RPGs. Gothic saturday morning cartoon for the computer games.

Yes. And so, pretty much all interpretations (with the exceptions we will not speak of) are valid. Valhallans as described by Sandy Mitchell, Steve Lyones and Cruddace in codex are all true. As is writing about Inquisition by both Abnett and Thorpe, and even your friendly, local, Lexicanum-reading Gm.

So seriously, is realy air with no hellsmog such a big deal?

That's just it, he didn't agree with Megatron. He agreed in principle that disparate ideologies led to conflict. And after millenia of war it was nice to see a Cybertronian on a good side driven to end the madness by any means.

>Jetstorm killed
Now that I don't recall, or at least the way I recall it his death was temporary, because Sparks n sheeit.

If it weren't Terra?
Sure.

the lip syncing seemed pretty bad, but everything else seemed pretty good

It's originally in German and redubbed.

Even the edgy teen Inquisitor...?

He's hunting an aristocrat, it's clearly the upper levels of some hive, it's above the smog layer.

Do you really think 40k doesn't have a shit ton of edgy inquisitors?

This guy is the reason I turned to chaos.

At least mai waifu Slaanesh isn't an arrogant, edgy piece of shit.

Imagine the type of shit he would be doing to isha.

Probably, but they don't really fit the aesthetic and aren't very fun to watch. There's probably a shit ton of instances where muhreens have walked slowly through a desert as well but that doesn't mean they make for a fun film.

>Teen
No.

Nothing besides tender loving.

>r6
hows that renown going?
Can't really judge a whole character on the prologue, gonna wait for the final verdict when the damn things out.

It wasn't fun the first time, it won't be funny now.

>but they don't really fit the aesthetic

A part of getting over your autism is recognizing Warhammer 40k is a hodge-podge of everything from Gundam, through Mummy to Robocop.
Your narrow definition of the "aesthetic" is lore-breaking and delusional to be frank with you user.

>You only ate shit for a few seconds, how do you know it's bad?!

Way to ignore his point.
Saying it's a hodge podge doesn't justify choosing a crap character.

All those inquisitors that die off screen doing stupid shit have to come from somewhere

>Gundam

Tau battlesuits aren't gundam, unless you mean by virtue of gundam inventing "mechs as another military weapon".

Edgy actually feels like one of my players. Exept for he's the last choice for being an inquisitor from group of 6 characters. And I can barely imagine my group letting him do that kind of shit without at least one bitchslap, two facepalms and one "wtf is wrong with you". And that edgy inquisitor guy didn't put group in danger by his edgelord fuckery... yet.

Everyone starts young.

Thanks user.

>Can't really judge a whole character on the prologue,

While I don't disagree, and I'd be happy if it was just a bad first impression, I think we got a pretty good indication of what kind of character he's going to be.

Even beyond the edge, his VA was pretty crap. But if I watch it I might watch it in German with subs if it's available anyway.

Its going good

and if you guys want EDGE

>Tau battlesuits aren't gundam

Tau have a Char/clone in their ranks.
Said Char clone has a custom red robot.
Said Char clone leads the rebellion of a colony.
They win wars by fielding prototypes ino production.
Their new battlesuits can use temporary overdrive boosts.

They still need to get equipment backpacks but they're mostly there.

SIEG ENCLAVES!

You wouldn't make Inquisitor so young.

>See Farsight
>See MUH Animoo
He's Che Guevara you weeb tool.

He looks vaguely 18-24 in a setting that has extended age reversing and cosmetic treatments that can bring you back to that look. Judging by the intro he probably hasn't partaken in any, but with shit like the schola and death worlds I'm not particularly shocked by a younger inquisitor (particularly one who's probably working under a more important inquisitor, which really only puts him a step above an interrogator)

Interrogators work under Inquisitors.
Inquisitors work under Lord Inquisitors.
It isn't a complicated hierarchy.
And no, 40k tech slows aging, it doesn't reverse it until you become a teenager.

If you see this as ok, your choice I guess, but it's certainly not common or a good choice on the creator's part.

He also acts like a bad fanfic character.

You won't let a mid twenties guy be an inquisitor but you'll make a preteen a space marine?

The character is shit and I won't dispute it, but I don't think a young inquisitor is unreasonable. Not every character needs to be an "average example", and I think that goes double for the inquisition. I also don't think it'd be that unfeasible for an inquisitor to have a "pupil" that he might prematurely promote out of favoritism.

For all we know, and I really hope not, edgelord is meant to be a prodigy.

Yes, because the treatments work better on younger initiates.

Also, Apples not Oranges. More at 11.

>posting Zika fat Latina butt
Scrub detected. Pick Rook.

A lot of inquisitors just work alone or outside of lord inquisitors. "Lord Inquisitor" isn't even an official title so much as what someone called an important enough inquisitor. I also vaguely remember a character in a rogue trader adventure who used those age treatments specifically to look like a young fop and throw people off, so there's that

>Prodigy
That is almost certainly the case. Fuck.

Maybe I'd be more open to a teenaged Interrogator if he wasn't a douchenozzle.
But this guy is a teenaged Inquisitor and a barbed douchenozzle.

>Third party got lore fucked
What else is new?

My hope is that the Lord Inquisitor is going to be the main hero in this movie, with the plot revolving around his pet dodecahedron falling to Chaos.

With the way the Inquisitor acts he's obviously vainglorious, very smug and a little bit sadistic... smells a bit like heresy to me.

Reminder that edgelord isn't the Lord Inquisitor. He's an Inquisitor but pic related is the Lord Inquisitor, and the movie is named for him.

The website says that the young inquisitor is the main character.

That makes me sad.

Bitch that's Coteaz.

Hey Torquemada, Whadda you say?

It's obviously going to be the story of asshat's ascension after his former mentor gets killed. Probably at that parade.

I am aware of this. It says his name at the bottom of the pic.

I just got back from the Auto de fé!

Thank goodness he's a donut steel so you can take his personality at face value and not an atrocious reinterpretation that shits on everything the original character stood for.

I like my inquisitors with more dignity than this CN "That guy"
Except for him the rest looks good

The atrotious reinterpretation will be the lore.

Lets at least hope that smugshit witnesses a few cosmic horrors, judges a handful of Chaos tainted friends, and becomes an pissed off, bitter old, Emperor-bothering Inquisitor that can't remember what a smile feels like.

Doubt it.

>spacenoids
>ever winning a war

Do like every inquisitor ever?

main character is shit

his scout buddy seems shit

and his stupid waifu is probably going to be shit

so the question is, who gives a stuff?

doubt that the mentor will get killed

I guess the plot will be around the first true tests for the flEDGEeling inquisitor with the assassin and guardsman used as observers from the mentor

>Edgelord

Right because working for an organization with absolute power and the authority to torture and execute anyone it chooses at an time is totally not going to attract some truly vicious sociopaths.

Mentors exist to get killed.

My best hope, if edgelord is the main character, is that he was intended to be an intolerable fuckwit in the trailer and it'll be a "coming of age" story for him where he matures and stops being a fuckwit.

I won't hold my breath.

Even the voice acting fits.

And I suspect the guy he executed turns out to be a rule horrible cunt of a human being and it makes all of you feel stupid for whining about torture before execution.

>B-but that's edgy abd inhumane

You fuck wits whine all the time when shit isn't 'grimdark' enough. Do you truly expect Imperial inquisitors to be nicer people than the enemies they face?

>Thinks its the "torture" we take issue with
It's not his actions, it's his character. His dialogue. His mannerisms.

I think the problem people have is that he's edgy in the "teenaged fantasy" way instead of edgy in the "organization with absolute power etc etc"

For example, if you've seen Schindler's list I wouldn't consider pic related edgy because he was a vicious sociopath, because of all the context surrounding it. It'd be edgy as fuck, however, if some dipshit kid on Veeky Forums said he did nothing wrong and that he idolized the character.

You obviously will have some crossover (and grimdark mishandled can be pretty edgy), but there's still a difference, at least to me.
I don't know if I explained that well at all though.

A cocky little shit?

More like a Coldsteel.

To sum it up in a way I think explains it better than I did there, the difference to me between the edge factor would be writing the character like Amon Goeth because you wanted to depict a monster, and writing a character like Amon Goeth because you think he'd be super cool and a total badass. Inquisitor edgelord gives me the latter vibe, it's like he's supposed to be a cool character.

I'm more concerned by that Laspistol. How the fuck does it work? Is that a magazine under the barrel? What does the cylinder do?

It's a stubber