Surviving the apocalypse now with a TWIST

it's the apocalypse, pick your favorite flavor(zombie, pandemic die-offs, post-nuclear, total societal meltdown, etc.).

pick a 6 member team of pokemon
>no Megas
>no Legendaries
>assume there are no other pokemon out there.
>no pokeballs, they walk with you out and about
>assume the stones for evolutions generate within your outermost range of travel

what pokemon do you pick to survive the end of the world?
why did you pick them?
where would you live with them?
what specific moves would you insist on them having?
what system do you like your apocalypse games to be in?
is there a functional TTRPG out there that could do the Pokemon thing?
could it also do an apocalypse?

(below are optional challenge modes)
COMPETITION MODE; there ARE other pokemon(all rare compared to more mundane animals) out there and every "trainer" wants to kill every other one for their teams. kills against other trainers gets you their still living pokemon.
LIMIT PICK MODE; state a generation, you may only pick pokemon from that generation
NAKED MODE; all your pokemon start at level 0 with only their shittiest move, if they are an evolved form they are now in their least evolved form
SETTLERS MODE; you have between 6 and 30 other humans to keep fed and housed as well.
DEATHWORLD MODE; pick more than one apocalypse, one has happened and the next will happen within the year, subsequent apocalypses happen within a year of each-other

/vp/ didn't want to talk about pokemon for some reason. might be this conundrum will will be nice.
if there's a good system for it I may run up a game for my friends giving them each a single mon' and setting them loose in a late-post-zombie world.

yes I miss Roll-and-Tell

Other urls found in this thread:

pokemontabletop.com/
pokeroleproject.wixsite.com/pokerole/resources
i.4cdn.org/tg/1473204729749.png)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Venasaur
>supply of vines and veg, probably a decent pack-animal

Charizard
>fire is a good thing to have in the end of the world.
>that must mean that a LOT of fire must be MORE GOOD

Blastoise
>use hydro-pump to get water moving in pipelines to supply settlements

Onix
>no good reason, I just like onix

Cubone
>an expert thrower of things, could hunt down food

Sandshrew
>because it's cute?

My six pokemon would be:
Magneton - electricty for appliances, doesnt need to eat.
Charizard - transport, hunting and fire provider
Liligant - medicine and healing, doesnt need to eat.
Stoutland - bed and protection
Starmie- must have surf and hydro pump for endless supply of water.
Pikachu- because im a sucker for shouldermons

I would check out pokerole or ptu if i were you.

>what pokemon do you pick to survive the end of the world?
Flareon, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Umbreon, Espeon, Glaceon

>why did you pick them?
Because I like them.

>where would you live with them?
Dunno.

>what specific moves would you insist on them having?
Dunno.

>what system do you like your apocalypse games to be in?
Apocalypse World

>is there a functional TTRPG out there that could do the Pokemon thing?
Yes.

>could it also do an apocalypse?
Yes.

Rotom
Blissey
Miltank
Bronzong
Torterra
Gardevoir

>why did you pick them?
Rotom can possess and power various machines and electronics that wouldn't have power during the apocalypse. Blissey, Miltank, and Torterra are food producers, while Bronzong can call rain to produce water. Torterra is also a capable mount. Gardevoir gives access to teleportation if needed, psychic powers are just generally useful, and if all else fails it can make a black hole.

Probably an abandoned town with access to both broken down machines and nature. Maybe a country area.

Softboiled, Milk Drink, Rain Dance, and Teleport are the main ones.

Honorable mentions go to Absol for predicting disasters and Vespiquen to pollinate berries and stuff.

> Veeky Forums - traditional games.

>Primape
>Machamp
>Hitmonchan
>Hitmonlee
>Hitmontop
>Hariyama
Welcome to Fist of the North Star: Red Version!!!

Dude, I'm fishing for RPG ideas.

And I tried /vp/ already

okay, so, a new question...what pokemon would be most likely to CAUSE an apocalypse?

>I would check out pokerole or ptu if i were you.
what are these?

>Probably an abandoned town with access to both broken down machines and nature. Maybe a country area.

I might recommend areas near refineries which can sometimes be far out of the way of urban areas to prevent leaks from being dangerous. or areas with lots of shale oil production. you'd have to go further afield for the machinery, but you'd likely have a pretty broad selection of things.

>Apocalypse World
is that system really good at representing survival in terms of food-stocks and supplies?

>Yes.
does it mesh well with Apocalypse World?

>Yes.
could it do that well?

when in doubt punch people to death and steal their food?

Eevee or Ninetales.

Which is cuter?

keeping pokemon fed would be hard and id suspect overuse of rain dance could have a butterfly effect with no legendaries to keep it in check a herbivore pokemon would be the best best maby one that knows dig ,rock smash and secrete power to create a base

Typhlosion
Tyrranitar
Dragonite
Gengar
Pidgeot

I don't about the last one, probaly Marrill or Lapras.

eevee
less hair to care for

>with no legendaries to keep it in check
legendaries do that?
I started this thread with no knowledge of the lore of pokemon so I don't actually know...

while I am here though, what qualifies as a legendary?

They never really explain what makes a pokemon legendary, but they are unique, old, and somehow tied to balance in the world.

>I started this thread with no knowledge of the lore of pokemon

No wonder /vp/ didn't want to play with you.

>what are these?
Both are fanmade rpg systems for a pokemon adventure.

>Venasaur
you really ought to go with torterra, he's just better at everything you've said.

Arcanine, Slowbro, Dragonite, Krookodile, Slaking, Gengar

>why did you pick them?
The first three for loyalty, entertainment, and transportation. The second three for general rape and destruction.

Like where within the post apocalyptic wasteland? I don't know, Tenpenny Tower?

Surf and Fly on Dragonite.

Atomic Highway and Savage Worlds are pretty good.

I think FATE would be a good choice if you're going for fun, rather than annoyingly detailed recreation of rules from the video game.

Sure.

if I was gonna start a game with each player in a party picking ONE pokemon and having them be extraordinarily rare and difficult to befriend, while ALSO dealing with a post-pandemic+anarchy apocalypse.

do you think it would have enough interesting value to draw in players?

>No wonder /vp/ didn't want to play with you.
I thought I'd asked a question that didn't require lore info, just knowledge of what the individual Pokemon were capable of.

>Both are fanmade rpg systems for a pokemon adventure.
any consensus on if they work well or not?

interesting...

>Atomic Highway
never heard of that one...RESEARCH TIME

>I think FATE would be a good choice if you're going for fun, rather than annoyingly detailed recreation of rules from the video game.
can I split the difference somewhere?

I would play. I've played three PTU campaigns that worked incredibly well. If you want to chat about the ins and outs on Discord I could help. There might be some adaptation needed to make it worth an apocalypse setting, but you might split the difference with apocalypse world.

Malemar
Hypno
Palossand
Gardevoir
Snorlax
Blaziken

First three are for TEAM RAPE.

Last three are just because they're my faves. If you mean absolutely no mega applicable pokemon, then I guess I swap out Gardevoir and Blaziken with Exeggutor and Drifblim.

For more rape.

I'm in the early formative stages still, I'll end up wrighting a 30 or 40 page pdf before I get to even thinking about running a game. all of that and I've got a few stews on the fire for other things going on at once. thanks for the offer though.

I've never used discord, is it like skype?

and do you have a link to the PTU rules and pokedex?

>Like where within the post apocalyptic wasteland?
like regions, such as tropics, temperate forests plains, urban areas, etc.

>If you mean absolutely no mega applicable pokemon
I mean none can go mega for any reason.

Ditto and Porygon(2) - the rest are irrelevant, and I shall tell you why.

Porygon follows commands at order, and does not require sustenance, being implicitly solar powered. Combined with Ditto's ability to reproduce it, and I can mass produce a hungerless army in order to flood the opposition, whatever it might be with polygonal minions, who can also do nifty things like provide clean energy!

Their moves shall be Ice Beam, Thunder Bolt, Recover, and Tri-Attack. We shall repurpose whatever the surrounding terrain is and forge an empire built of lighting and code!

...Since I've got four more slots, gonna fill that in with another Ditto, a Porygon-Z, and a Flareon and Glaceon to function as actual companions.

So I can still have my Blaziken and Gardevoir then? Just no mega evolutions for them ever?

yup.

Discord is kind of like a hybrid of skype and teamspeak. You create individual chat servers that people can either join using the app or the website. I can be voice or chat.

The latest ruleset (1.05) for Pokemon Tabletop United (Basic Rulebook, Pokedex, and a handful of settings splatbooks) can be downloaded at pokemontabletop.com/

thanks man...

I'll look at this once the china cabinet is unloaded...

>any consensus on if they work well or not?
You won't find any consensus on Veeky Forums about any system, they both work and can be fun, although they are very different from each other.
If you want crunch and focus on combat use PTU if you wanna focus on story use Pokerole.

>okay, so, a new question...what pokemon would be most likely to CAUSE an apocalypse?

Non legendary?

Magneton
Gyarados
Magcargo
Tyranitar
Gigalith

what if ditto doesnt want to mate.

anything with the move hypnotize

Malemar
Hypno
Palossand
Gardevoir
Snorlax
Blaziken

>why did you pick them?
Malemar, Hypno, and Palossand because I'm a mind control fetishist and I'm going to make a hypno harem of the women I find along the way. Better for them to live out their lives in hypnotized, oblivious bliss than the horror of a post apoc world.
Gardevoir for mothering me. I need some unconditional love somwhere.
Snorlax and Blaziken for just some strong bros.

I would probably go full Mad Max villain tier with an evil lair for my sex slaves...

Blaziken has the standard Smogon UBERS moveset, Gardevoir and Snorlax can have whatever. The other three should have fairly obvious mandatory moves as well.

Doesn't matter. No GM would touch me as a player.

See above.

See two above.

>like regions, such as tropics, temperate forests plains, urban areas, etc.
Oh, then northern California farmland. You don't want to be anywhere tropical, anywhere where it'll get super cold, or anywhere with fuck tons of people.

>Not letting Gardevoir be on Team Rape.

There's also Aegislash and Salandit if that's your thing.

That's what the other ditto is for.

Why those two?

Sorry about the fetish fags ruining your thread OP

it's fine, I am quite the fetishist myself, I understand.

and if/when I run this as a game the Hypno-Harem guy will probably be a good regional BBEG

how rapey are those?

I see.
do you have a Pokerole link?

Hmm... I guess I'll start with an Espurr, since it looks like it's already been through worse
Haxorus to kill shit
Galvantula to trap shit
Vaporeon because everyone needs a water type
Tropius because I'll want a flier, and one that supplies fruit is even better
Then a volcarona because sometimes you just need to burn shit

pokeroleproject.wixsite.com/pokerole/resources

awesome

Aegislash's pokedex entry
>Generations of kings were attended by these Pokémon, which used their spectral power to manipulate and control people and Pokémon.

Salandit's description on the official website
>Salandit emits toxic gas, together with flames, from the base of its tail. This poisonous gas has a sweet smell, and anyone who unknowingly breathes it in will become dizzy. Salandit is not a very powerful Pokémon, but its cunning nature allows it to battle fiercely by throwing its opponents off balance.
>Salandit females not only release toxic gases, they can also emit pheromones that attract males of all species, including Pokémon and humans. Inhaling these pheromones may cause opponents to be controlled by Salandit’s will.

Though reading it again Salandit may not be what you're looking for.

>Galvantula
>Tropius

You guys should follow this example, he knows his shit

>Though reading it again Salandit may not be what you're looking for.
it would for slave labor purposes...

I considered Tropius because a fruit growing flying dinosaur is awesome, but the pokedex says the fruit only ripens twice a year. That's primarily why I went with Blissey instead.

How did this thread end up here from reddit?

I see. Well, one of the big reasons why I'm sticking to those guys and not more 'lore' rape-y pokemon like Tentacool and junk is because they can actually learn the pokemon move Hypnosis.

Maybe my flunkies or sub bosses will have side-rapey pokemon.

taking the settler challenge:
Team would be:
Miltank (food source and decently tough)
Tropius (fresh fruit to stave off scurvy, can stall pretty well)
Diggersby (strong as fuck, can also till fields)
Rotom (if its a robot apocalypse...hehehe, other wise useful in finding working tech, "Rotom bus" sounds fun)
Gardevoir (...)
Shuckle (maximum defense and stall, can also ferment stuff)

miltank obviously has milk drink, other wise body slam for paralysis with zen headbutt for flinching and dealing with fighting types if it has to probably some sort of stat boost for the last move.
tropius will have its harvest ability, leech seed, substitute, protect and giga drain.
Diggersby has it's huge power ability, return, rototiller, swords dance and earthquake, i'd pair it with tropius a lot.
the rest are just competitive sets except for shuckle i guess who'll have it's sturdy ability, protect, infestation, toxic and rest.
undecided on the rest.

but why would you bother with that on a move that only works 40% of the time?(i.4cdn.org/tg/1473204729749.png)
when you could simply learn it yourself and have a more versatile pokemon hold them down till you've hypnotized them...

venusoar is better with sleep powder

I actually got here courtesy of an only partially related post on facebook...

galvantula a good thing?

I like ghost pokemons so I go with them

See the thing is, hypnosis is only successful at that rate with pokemon.

As far as the anime goes, it's always 100% effective on humans. And guess which I care more about hypnotizing?

Would the apocalypse cause there to be more Ghost type Pokemon?

Why hypnotize? You'd want to paralyze them so they can enjoy with you instead of sleeping it off never knowing for sure what happened.

Just imagine the look in their eyes when they can't move

Fuck this reminds me I haven't played XY or ORAS yet

Fuck this reminds me I haven't because there's no emulator

Hypnosis the Pokemon move doesn't have to put humans to sleep.

Most of the time it's used for straight up mind control.

up to the GM, check your local graveyard before this one time offer runs out!

meh, I prefer the trainwreck method of female attracting. I never learned to flirt with or ask out women. they just come to me as a byproduct of the trainwreck.

...or you could use a more conventional immobilizer like rope, chain, or the strong arms of an assistant(s)...but I suppose Parallelize might be fine, assuming that it doesn't effect involuntary muscles...

>I think FATE would be a good choice if you're going for fun, rather than annoyingly detailed recreation of rules from the video game.
Ordinarily I would object strenuously to the idea of using FATE for Pokemon, since it would require expenditure of fate points to take advantage of type weaknesses, which is asinine. But since OP's scenario specified no other Pokemon, that's not so bad.

Heracross
Scizor
Ariados
Galvantula
Rapidash
Swampert

>assuming that it doesn't effect involuntary muscles...
>Implying it wouldn't it be better this way.

Yes but they should also have their fun if you know what I mean...

I dunno. Outside of anime logic I think most people would know to expect anyone using a hypno is a creeper

Why do you think they wouldn't? They're hypnotized to do anything you order them to, so you just tell them to enjoy themselves and they will.

>explicitly states that he's using these Pokemon to rape women in the post apocalyptic world and turn them into hypnotized sex slaves
>might be a creeper

Most difficult thing here is actually feeding the fuckers. I mean, taking a tyranitar for protection sounds good until you're having to feed a dinosaur bear thing.
That said..

>Flygon
Not as big as you might think being two meters tall, as well as being a fast and powerful flier. Also it's pre-evolutions aren't too bad either. Only big pokémon I'm planning on taking too.
Flygon is also my favourite.

>Jolteon
Because having a dog is useful. And having an electric dog is cool. It's also one of the smallest eeveelutions and packs a respectable punch, so it's more portable than most.
It is also one of my favourites.

>Porygon
No food, no concerns about infection, nothing s hort of combat is going to hurt it. Also pretty dang smart. Probably the best sentry too, as it doesn't need to sleep.. I think.
Yes, another favourite.

>Klinklang
Good to have a steel type. They're immune to poison and likely diseases. Klinklang also is an energy eater, and somewhat self sufficient, so it won't be consuming the same resources as the rest of the team.

>Audino
Do I really need to justify taking the 'healing' type pokemon in post-apocalyptia? Excellent tank if required, but mostly I want a healer.

Er, kind of at a loss for the last one. Unless I think of something better;
>Lucario
Aura is pretty much a plot ability, and can do anything the writer wants. At the very least I've got a loyal ki-fighter dog bro, at most I've got someone to talk to and can teach me how to punch people with blue flame because I think that happened in the anime.
Also I'm pretty sure they can sense shit, so I've got a living radar on my side. But really it's sort of a dice roll of how useful the 'mon will be depending on setting.

SIX ALAKAZAMS!!!
Why?
Because if six top tier psykers can't solve all my problems then nothing will.

nah, let them live with the shame of having reacted in what might be considered as "positive" ways weather they wanted to or not.

then again, if you ARE building a rape character you do to them what REAL hypnosis does,(unless you intentionally alter the script) and let them remember what happened and either remember who did it, or slap the face of your rival on their memory and watch the fireworks as you slowly break their will; making them beleive through planted memories that you are protecting them, till finally, they are yours willingly because "their sempai protects them"...

or just lern2bondage like I did.

instant hypnosis is a boring thing to play with anyway.

sometimes it's about the not enjoying...

Venusaur, Machamp, Gengar, Scyther, Ditto, Rapidash.

Would be fun as fuck roaming with these Gen-1 motherfuckers

Well yeah but I'm just making an example that you ~can~ make them enjoy it if you wanted.

Also I'm not planning on letting them out of hypnosis for any amount of time either. True to Mad Max stronk women, any amount of freedom will lead to my personal downfall.

The reason why Malamar and Palossand are there is because they provide a strong passive hypnosis attack that can go on for days while Hypno is my recruiter/hunter when I'm out getting woken for my harem.

>priorities

>women, not woken

Goddamn, see? Such an easy slip up and there goes an angry slave rebellion.

>Apocolypse of choice?

Any and all technology that runs on electricity stops working because aliens, and the world goes to shit because of it.

>Pokemon of Choice?

Ageislash, because he's my gen 6 BRO, and I could not live knowing I had the chance to get him and failed, and he doesn't need to eat.also because I will totally deck myself in armor and use him in battle as a sword and shield if I can help it.

Shiny Umbreon, because I could use someone to help me hunt at night, and I still have her on my Heartgold save, and I will never get rid of her ever.

Rotom because the power to possess and control useful electronics is god tier in a post-apocalyptic world with no reliable sources of energy.

Lucario is also a fucking bro, can potentially teach me aura and if not that, fighting moves in general, also one of the few shown to be capable of speech while also being non-legendary.

Ditto, because I NEED this fucker to breed the rest of my pokemon.

And then Celibi, because guess what, he's not a Legendary, but a Mythic, and is totally fucking capable of making me forever young with time bullshit.

Lucario and aura shit also covers the "Boy and his Dog" reference quota

>forgot to answer the rest of the questions because I'm stupid

>Where would you live with them?
probably a city, maybe Detroit, since it's close by, and I'd love to see people flipping out and then either joining me or getting their asses kicked.

>Specific moves
Aura ball for Lucario, Kings Shield for Ageislash, that's all I need really.

>other questions
I don't know shit.

not all lucario can talk other then that i approve

>Boy and his Dog
I have heard of and never seen this movie.

has it aged well?

Not sure where I'd live. Kind of depends on the apocalypse. In the end though it'll boil down to a farm somewhere. Food, water and shelter are needed and without infrastructure cities can't provide that for long.

>COMPETITION MODE
Not great, as I'm terrible at PvP. On the other hand, none of my 'mons bar Porygon (should have chosen -Z or 2) are low tiered so I'm not totally boned.

>NAKED MODE
Aside from level 0 being nonexistent; Trapinch, Eevee, Porygon, Klink, Audino and Riolu aren't the worst. Although I'd need to assume everyone else starts in similar dire straits or we're royally boned. Audino will be important as they don't evolve anyway, using Trapinch traps and the dogs as scouts. I guess the tech-mons do their thing too.

>SETTLERS MODE
Strictly speaking this mode better than default, no? More hands to help with the load. Start getting a village setup and civilisation rebooted from the small tribal level.

>DEATHWORLD MODE
I want to get off Mr. Bone's Wild Ride.

Do you know I don't actually know anything about that other than the name. But I figure having two dogs after the apocalypse isn't a bad idea.

That's the dice roll. Most can't, but I might luck out and get an anime one instead of a game one.

Holy shit why did I not think of Rotom possession? That's genius.

I didn't think of it because the last time I gave this much thought to all the different kinds of pokemon was when gen 1 was new...

>I want to get off Mr. Bone's Wild Ride.
>pic related

>I don't actually know anything about that other than the name.
a boy and his telepathic/talking dog wander the wasteland, all female colony encounters them, shenanigans happen

Espeon
>Damage-Dealing, can remove threats from afar.

Eevee
>Capable of evolution into any required type. And it's cute, for moral support.

Pidgeot
>Giant Bird, good for scouting and hunting.
Capable of being ridden if required.

Rapidash
>Land-based mount, can get to important areas quickly if needed. Can also cause fires for warmth and cooking.

Blastoise
>Hydro Pump is good for either combat or for supplying myself/others with valuable water. And it can fight well.

Pikachu
>Electricity for recharging chargeable supplies, zapping potential food to death for easy harvesting and being a generally good pick.

>Where to live?
Near any river or forested area.

>Moves?
For Espeon: Psychic and Protect.
For Eevee: Quick Attack, Tail Whip and Hidden Power.
For Pidgeot: Fly, anything else.
For Rapidash: Ember, anything else.
For Blastoise: Hydro Pump, Water Gun, anything else.
For Pikachu: Thunderbolt, anything else.

>Apocalypse?
Societal Meltdown.

>And then Celibi
>I know what the rules are, but I'm going to be a pedantic fag and show everyone how clever I am!
>literally too stupid to spell Celebi
>literally too stupid to understand that celebi only travels through time
If you're going to break the rules, at least do it in a way that doesn't make you look retarded.

>Implying I knew shit about Celebi other than "time manipulator of some sort" and "not Legendary"
fair enough though, but I have no idea who I'd pick to take it's place.

The only correct option is to have a miltank for food and healing plus its fat as hell and can beat some ass. And then a bunch of ghost pokemon including jellicent since it can make water. Other ones preferably malicious like dusknoir (taking niggas to the fucking shadow realm if they try to step up) gengar, cofagrigus, and spiritomb.
Find any dark ass factory and just live in there forever without going outside. If there are no other pokemon people would be scared as hell of ghosts plus they wouldn't be able to hurt them bg no re.

Technically you are correct about it not being Legendary, but this is like if every country on earth signed a treaty to get rid of, and never again produce, nuclear bombs. All the countries get rid of their stockpiles, except for one, who keeps nuclear missiles. "But they're not bombs!"
Come the fuck on.

If you're intent on breaking the rules/spirit of the thread then take Arceus (literally a God), Jirachi (Wakes every 1000 years to grant a single wish), or Hoopa (Can create wormholes to gate in literally anything or any Pokémon).

If you aren't looking to do that then immortality is pretty much out of your grasp.

BONUS, they can put you to sleep for an extended period of time in order to wait out long periods of bullshit going on outside as they endlessly protect and harvest souls of gun monkeys.
I also feel like they could make you see shit and it would be fun to trip ass with the boys.

wait
Arceus isn't a Legendary?

Arceus is Mythical. Before Gen 5 Mythical was just a subset of Legendary Pokémon. But when Gen 5 came out they were kind of set into a separate group.

As far as I'm concerned though, saying that Mythicals are completely different from Legendaries is like saying trucks are completely different from cars.

Water World apocalypse (fresh water is easy to come by, or surf needs to make it).

1. Lapras
2. Blastoise
3. Pidgeot
4. Gyarados
5. Mankey
6. Dragonite
>why did you pick them?
Mostly because water type. Pidgeoto for fly. Then Mankey and a dragon for fun.
Island hopping. Otherwise the land/flying would chill with me on Lapras while the others swim.
Surf, Fly, Cut (can one of those learn cut?).
I haven't played one. BRP or Heroquest 2 could do it.
Built in with pokemon? Yes I don't remember what they are off the top of my head though. You could also do something lightweight like FATE or Heroquest 2. Or build pokemon with mutations in BRP, not sure how close you can get to pokemon with that though.
Anything can do apocalypse.

>Dragonite
>Dragonite
>Dragonite
>Dragonite
>Dragonite
>Tropius

Dragonites can learn surf, electric moves, fire moves, and of course can fly. Tropius for endless bananas.

bump

>Anything can do apocalypse.
but not everything can do it well...

which ones can adequately represent trainer+pokemon combo attacks, actually laying traps to catch food for your team?

which can allow sniping a wandering trainer or collection of raiders from a distant hillock to take from them things that are too difficult to procure by honest combat?

which can handle the issues of running out of food for yourself, and your comerades well?

>is that system really good at representing survival in terms of food-stocks and supplies?
No.

>does it mesh well with Apocalypse World?
No.

>could it do that well?
No.

>COMPETITION MODE
gotta go full smogonmon since seriously i'mma just go kick some guys ass who has actual foodmon instead of shit to defend themselves and get free stuff.
basically go full faggot and be the god king ruler of a small country of poor bastard foodmon suppliers, so you guys with your foodmons would probably pay me for protection in food/supplies

>which ones can adequately represent trainer+pokemon combo attacks, actually laying traps to catch food for your team?
None of them do.

>which can allow sniping a wandering trainer or collection of raiders from a distant hillock to take from them things that are too difficult to procure by honest combat?
None of them do.

>which can handle the issues of running out of food for yourself, and your comerades well?
None of them do.

If you want to combine DayZ with Pokémon and play it as a Tabletop RPG, you'd better start writing that game yourself.