Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Friendly reminder to tell us what 3pp your game allows if you need character building help.

How would you make merfolk great again and actually balanced for a land and sea campaign?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warriors playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1dX4UYdtwTQKhY71Q45IHLtcu193zq1ZO5jHQ5_PnTl8/edit

Bloodforge: Infusions playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit

Legendary Vigilantes playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/12bzFGnyLO4TrOOLZ8Q1OROcB0lydVfF09JY2T1g4GxQ/edit?usp=sharing
i.gyazo.com/02b541e2a80ede3c4b1aaa0aef452a13.png
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odd-eyed_cat#Deafness_in_odd-eyed_cats
youtube.com/watch?v=SlKao_Pox5A
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitsune#Shapeshifting
theworldissquare.com/feat-taxes-in-pathfinder/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I wouldn't, merfolk aren't for land campaigns.

Cheshire catfolk in Bloodforge: Infusions when?

Skinwalker caster that can cast invisibility.

Sharing this again just in case the user missed it, I wrote a guide on how to start off in pathfinder a while back, hope it's helpful.

docs.google.com/document/d/12bzFGnyLO4TrOOLZ8Q1OROcB0lydVfF09JY2T1g4GxQ/edit?usp=sharing

Paizo had published a strategy guide that explains basic mechanics,has a "what type of character fits my style" quiz and build guides for the different types. The big problem imo is that it is only core. It is serviceable for what it does, though, and it may be a good book to check if you can get it.

I've been destroyed both emotionally and physically /pfg/ I need a game to join so that I can earn gold for my hospital and therapy bills.

Ugh, looking back at my guide, I still need to update it for the occult and intrigue classes.

Will you join my game even if you have to be around crossdressing shota trap kitsune foxboys?

Which book was this?

I'd roll Pun-Pun with a specific hatred for crossdressers

Do they inform you how shitty monk is how how much it will cost you in magic items to improve?

I said I needed to PAY for my therapy bills, not add to them, user.

Sometimes, though, cute things are good for the soul.

Cute things don't make meaningful stories!

unless you're a good writer, which most cuteplayers are, infact, not

>unless you're a good writer, which most cuteplayers are, infact, not
I'd say that applies to almost every roleplayer in general.

Question for those who have checked out the new Shadow Sentinel from the LV:V playtest;

Do you think the abilities that replace vigilante talents should be made into options? What about the shadow magic ability, think that should also be optional? I think both could probably be made optional, since nothing completely hinges on them.

The amulet of mighty fists was changed to only cost as much as weapon enhancements, and if you have a friendly druid you can get permanent greater magic fang for much cheaper. Also the unchained monk is pretty good.

Anyone got maps for Hollow's Last Hope? I'd love to use some maps for it, but couldn't find any so far. Both normal and battle grids.

Okay, so what about crossdressing shota trap catboys instead?

ILEOSA DID NOTHING WRONG

Seriously - if she had decided to power the everdawn pool with the blood of war prisoners or convicts or some dragons or something would it still have been evil? I don't think so.

>Ileosa X Sabina is love

What does the everdawn pool do?

I think of murder when I see that in my games.

>as much as weapon enhancements
??
Pretty sure is x2 the cost of weapon enhancements instead of x3

i.gyazo.com/02b541e2a80ede3c4b1aaa0aef452a13.png
Costs twice as much to buy, just as much to craft.

>Those eyes
God that's an awful color combination.

If it makes you feel any better I'm pretty sure they're deaf.

My mistake.

>Crossdressing shots trap catboys
Why is /pfg/ full of these autists?

Honestly, hunky catmen are better. Or at least rough manly cateenagers. Feline traits are wasted on something that's too young for sex and violence.

Because people take the bait.

Did I miss a spell sword build in the cache at the top? I was looking to build a hellknight. Probably a signifier as the other prc is meh.

So my question remains, do this guide informs you of how awful and expensive monk is?

>If you want to spend twice and contribute half PHB Monk is your class!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odd-eyed_cat#Deafness_in_odd-eyed_cats

>There is a common misconception that all odd-eyed cats are born deaf in one ear. This is not true, as about 60%–70% of odd-eyed cats can hear.[4] About 10%–20% of normal-eyed cats are born deaf or become deaf as part of the feline aging process.[4] White cats with one or two blue eyes do, however, have a higher incidence of genetic deafness, with the white gene occasionally causing the degeneration of the cochlea, beginning a few days after birth.[13] If a white kitten has any speck of another color, the frequency of deafness is greatly diminished, even if the speck of coloration fades as the cat becomes more mature.[citation needed]

This one is blonde, not white haired.

Pft, like the CRB monk can even contribute that much.

Don't ask me I don't know what that book is.

30%-40% odds of being deaf are still fairly high. And that cat is totes white.

Jesus fucking christ, can you stop with the pedophilia? This board is supposed to be about a tabletop roleplaying game. THERE ARE ACTUAL BOARDS FOR WHAT YOU'RE DOING, GO THERE STOP IT.

Being generous there

Those are not Kitsune.

Those are Tanuki disguised as Kitsune.

youtube.com/watch?v=SlKao_Pox5A

>statistics regarding deafness in cats are pedophilic somehow
???
I'm legitimately confused. Is this some new kind of shitposting?

Then stop being an avatarfag.

God, just imagine a well-built young cat-man with excellent hair and a killer smile.

He's talking about the pictures.

Kitsune can have leaves on their heads!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitsune#Shapeshifting
>As a common prerequisite for the transformation, the fox must place reeds, a broad leaf, or a skull over its head.

Source?

How pissed would you get at an enemy that repeatedly ambushes the party with a blast spell before running or teleporting off, with little or no chance for the PCs to counterattack? How many times/frequently would it need to happen before you start getting pissed at your DM instead of the enemy?

So, what women in general are pedophilic, then?
I'm still confused. Is he one of those people that can't actually distinguish people's physical features? Prosopagnosia, I think it was called?

I figured an anime style with exaggerated features would be easier for those sort of people, not harder.

Beast in the streets, beast in the sheets.

Rule of three, user.

If the party can't catch them the third time than they'll just get frustrated.

One time. Then you get ready for it and prevent it the next time. Then it doesn't happen again again because he's dead.

Have any of our namefags come back since I left?

Also, does Dread's aura of fear still affect creatures that are immune to mind-affecting (and thus fear), or is it just things explicitly immune to fear, like paladins?

Blast spells can hit from a very long range, it's entirely possible to hit and run through that method.

No, the picture in question is quite obviously a picture of a woman far too young.

I know cat players are the cancer of FFXIV but if I ever start playing I'm making a catboy.

It's not like contingency spells exist.
And isn't there a magic item which absorbs a spell?

No, it's a boy.

The Strategy Guide.

They do not deal with tiers, sadly, and focus on the core material only (though imo unchained rogues and monks are used in every recent version of the game, so they may as well be).

It is not great for optimization purposes, it is there so a completely new person has some idea what a class is supposed to do.

I give it a very small bonus point for mentioning strength and wisdom as a monk's main stats, with dexterity and constitution as secondary. It almost immediately loses it when talking about armor. saying that you should look out for rings and amulets and not even mentioning mage armor.

I still think it is a passable if no one has ever played PF or if you want to get an initial opinion, but I would not trust it for everything. Still, if you are a newfag with a torrent, it is something.

Eff her swimming pool, the bitch stabbed us in the back 3 books ago. I don't care if she was personally suckling kittens after that.

Assuming you only get hit once or twice a day?

That's too catlike.

We want manly hunks with cat-eyes and adorable ears we can scritch and pet while they feign annoyance at the attention.

Frustration is exactly what I'm aiming to encourage in this case, I just want to make sure it doesn't grow from frustration for the PCs to frustration for their players. My players are basically getting periodically sniped at by a ghost while exploring the area he haunts, and he's basically harassing them occasionally. When they find the specific place he actually died though, he'll fight to the re-death. I want that victory to be extra satisfying, so I've got three points on my map where the ghost will take a cheap shot before flying away while laughing.

>A man running around naked in public shouldn't be stopped or punished, everyone else just needs to not look.

(you)

Hi ladies and gents, what would you think of houserules where taking the improved X feat (for maneuvers, TWF etc) immediately gave you greater X as soon as you met the prerequisites? I am thinking of collating some feats together, i.e.weapon focus as well.

My main issue is that I do not want spell focus to immediately give you GSF. Maybe put a prerequisite requiring a certain caster level?

theworldissquare.com/feat-taxes-in-pathfinder/

Does it matter?

What's stopping you doing those things with him?

Hint at that lewdy halflings were not limited to only blinkdog.

'Too catlike' is a relative thing.

He's not wrong though.

If a man is running around naked in the streets than its your fault for looking.

We have the report function for that. If someone is shitposting for (you)s then the best thing to do is report and ignore.

Barbed penis.

What makes up a "good" roleplayer? Of course, they have to actually consistently roleplay, but aside from that, what distinguishes someone who roleplays just enough to get by, and someone who REALLY stands out?

I see no indication of the person's age, and "far too young" for what? There's nothing happening in the picture.

Yep.
It costs 25K gp though.

Theres also several classes that get the ability to counter spells.

They make a character that is legitimately compelling, and shows eagerness to play that character from start to finish.

All the purple prose in the world for a grand sweeping narrative of some boring pirate King will not be as good as a well-done, richly explored "generic" slayer out looking for his missing wife.

>Those are Tanuki
>Tanuki may be shown with their testicles flung over their backs like travelers' packs, or using them as drums.
It's fine too.

I want the picture in that folder, please! Can you post it?

Don't be a wuss.

Besides, the tongue is much worse. Imagine a catman giving you a blowjob, you'd need bandages after two minutes.

Reasking here. Have Gareth and Elric and the rest of DSP started visiting again after some idiots told him to leave?

Also, does the Dread's aura of fear still affect creatures that are immune to mind-affecting (and thus fear), or is it just things explicitly immune to fear, like paladins?

Would you a blinkling maid boy?

Gareth posts often, yes.

Non-shit (not from Amora) tanuki race in Pathfinder when?

Will the girls have huge tits?

>Besides, the tongue is much worse.
You are wrong!

Explicitly just fear immunity.

I think there's some bullshit feat that lets them fuck over immunity to mind-affecting too somehow, so they can scare things like tables or your mailbox.

I'm getting to it...

Plague Bearer, Shadow Sentinel, and Symbiotic Slayer are still on my "to fully critique" list.

Someone post the "I roll to intimidate the wood!" story.

Fun fact: the barbs are actually blunted and before climax they're a bunch of bumps.

Well, I've been licked by cats but I've never been fucked by one, so I guess I can't talk with authority. I'd expect that a thick condom would make it less of an issue, though.

>Tanuki
We need a couple of very specific feats for them.

You might be disturbed to know that I find that knowledge useful.

maybe not at first...
But this is the equivalent to a for-profit prison system. Invariably (this is no hyperbole, it ALWAYS HAPPENS, EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME) "war prisoners and convicts" degenerates further and further

>And also robbers they're bad
>And also shoplifters
>And people who we think we smelled pot on
>And parking violators
>And you, you there, that son of a bitch, yeah you look guilty of something

There's a lot to gain from something that requires sacrifices? While it in itself will not push you on its own down a slippery slope, it IS a giant bucket of grease and a tempting "slide here" sign.

And you're always just one person from the entire thing becoming an utter atrocity.

This is why all rebellions everywhere need to get together and draw up a magically binding contract that no matter HOW cool the new method of execution some asshole will invent shortly after the revolutionary government is in power, nobody is getting addicted to using it.

How do I make the fastest possible character? I can get my speed up to 4,655 feet/round but I need to go higher. All material welcomed, Mythic is an option.

Do you think you could remind me of the name of that feat? PFSRD's subpage listing for psychic feats are...really poorly organized

Either as OR you could risk it and "he gets away that second time anyways".

BE AWARE: Doing that will cause the players to kick the destruction level up a notch, and they will be willing to fucking argue with you LOUDLY if you try to pull some bullshit about "Paladins wouldn't reduce an entire kingdom to magma like that" or other stupid lies about alignment or morality.

Be ready for a nuclear response, and if that's not enough, be ready for them to start planet-busting and planar-implosions.

After all, none of these are as bad as letting someone who needs that much to die continue doing dastardly deeds.

That image is adorable.