EDH/Commander General

Copy Edition

Old thread: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
magiccards.info

Other urls found in this thread:

magic.wizards.com/en/story/planes/kaladesh
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/teferis-intuition/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/budget-glissa-infect/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/23-06-16-BVv-omnath-edh/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/28-07-16-tVI-big-green/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mgs-kamigawa-crisis/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Post 'em.

Should be
>People who get mad at a Wildfire Edition

first for colors other than blue and red need more consistent ways to directly interact with the spells on the stack themselves rather than just interact with the things on the board that those spells will affect

>first
>two posts before him
>he could only submit a post at sorcery speed.

post got unsummoned

So I want to do Krenko on a 50 dollarydoo budget. Does anyone have a good budget Krenko deck or should I just buy the cripple goblin precon?

Xth for commander damage is a necessary and healthy mechanic.

I agree.

I hated it at first but now I love it. I run Trostani life gain cancer too and I'm still ok with it. If you can't afford to block the commander by itself at least you deserve to lose.

magic.wizards.com/en/story/planes/kaladesh

More Kaladesh legendaries are announced. Will Izzet finally get the UR artifact commander it wants or the UR artifact commander it deserves? What color commanders you guys rootin for? Who are you interested in seeing?

I'm looking forward to seeing what Kambal and Padeem are going to be like. Kambal sounds BW as fuck but could be UB and I'm not sure about Padeem but I just like her.

>If you can't block the commander you deserve to lose

Except any magic player worth their salt would make a point to make their commander harder to block.

Hot Soup, Rogue's Passage, Whispersilk Cloak, Prowler's Helm, etc. Then there's also flying and landwalk.

Of course, that's why you have different types of boardwipes ready to go so you won't have to rely on just blocking.

How many damage doublers should Hidetsugu be running?

I don't care about any of these
I wish there'd been another major Aetherborn besides Gonti.

>Who are you interested in seeing?
Anything but more fucking gatewatch.

What would you recommend in U/R then? I can't think of anything at instant speed other than Burn Away.

Tezzeret

>Claims you deserve to lose if you can't block commander damage
>Commander damage is inherently hard to block if the guy building it isn't a shoe
>W-well of course I have b-boardwipes...who n-needs to block anyway?

Wew lad, that is some exemplary backpedaling.

What? I wasn't trying to backpedal anything. I'm just saying there are numerous answers to preventing a commander from doing damage to you. Are you defending or opposed to commander damage?

Did you want to argue about something?

>grasping for straws this hard
hahahaha lol xd

Oviya Pashiri

Her story makes me think they would go well with feldon

Yes.

I completely forgot this card existed. I might put it in Kolaghan dragon tribal along with the red enchantment that has you pay one to make a token of whatever creature you cast.

not that user but
>only thinking of the most basic means to "block" commander damage

Your whole point was, if you can't block commander damage then you deserve to lose. But anyone who isn't brain dead will make their commander hard to block. Then you just start blathering about how blocking shouldn't be important.

So what exactly are you on about? I hope I'm being baited because I'd rather not believe someone on tg is this retarded.

HOW MANY

huehue

YES

Well then it would have made a lot more sense to say "prevent." When you say block, your first thought is blocking with a creature am I right?

I think you're reading my response too literally. I suppose the better word to use would have been to "stop," the commander from doing damage to you.

So what are you on about? I hope I'm being baited because I'd rather on believe someone on Veeky Forums reads text and only thinks as far as the words that are written.

user this is not helpful

There are only three good ones that work with him. Gratuitous Violence, Furnace, and Dictate.

If you like one-shotting people, give Repercussion a shot while you have a doubler out. Blasphemous Act gets doubled to 26 per creature, then Repercussion deals 52 to each player per creature.

Every single doubler that you can shoehorn in the deck.

So YES.

Waiting in Shirei cards to come in. Then next stop is probably Korlash or Gonti.

>Wheel of Fortune is anywhere from $30-50 between Unlimited and Revised
The fuck happened, I got mine for $10 apiece last year

With a Red/Blue Artificer Legendary seemingly a dream for at least another block, I'm contemplating whether I should start working on a Blue deck to complement my Daretti one. But do I do something degenerate like Arcum or Memnarch, or go for degenerate Esper-land?

I'm going to wait for this block to end before I choose between Sharuum or Memnarch myself. Unless there's going to be some cool RU legend next half. In the same boat pretty much.

You know what's not fun anymore? Elves.

Besides what you listed, I've run overblaze to meager success, but not entirely in vain, as well as quest for pure flame to a resounding success.

Godo and Zirilan are getting the axe soon. Zirilan is becoming Feldon but I have no idea what to replace Godo with

Athreos is fun stuff. fine-tuning mine right now.

Zirilan is not pictured in this image for some reason.

Your Teferi list online?

Esper-wise I'm leaning towards Sydri with Sharuum in the 99, myself.

yes
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/teferis-intuition/

the cripple deck doesnt really have any actual goblin synergy, its all about artifacts. I dont have any list typed up right now, but just get all the cheap mana goblins so you can swarm field easier. Purphoros is a good investment, as well as all the lords you can squeeze in. lots of ways to make haste and skullclamp. the rest is really up to you, and since is goblins a lot of the cards are plenty cheap

Interesting stuff, thanks.

>mfw finally making my Teysa Voltron deck

Jesus, almost all those are women. The only male there is the bad guy and Gonti who they already made a fuss about being genderless.

Sorry, but none of them sound interesting, lorewise. That UG elf is retarded, though.

Play mtgo

Anyone have a cancerous budget aggro edric decklist?. (Something like 50 to 100 us dollars) My buddies keep complaining my durdle 10 piece combo decks lack the "Real" way to play edh

BW enchants or Equips?

I'd say 70% equips and 30% auras

Any speculation about the red Gearhulk? There's no way they'll print it with a Threaten effect since that's what they did with Molten Primordial, but I'm at a loss as to what other big, splashy mechanic red can do without it being chaos.

I just want a big fat robot to play around with in Daretti.

Next deck I want to make is Geth.

My guess for black is either tutor or a reanimator that can't get artifact creatures and red deals damage to everything xD

Arjun just seems like his turns would take forever

>Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest
Sacrifice and combo, lots of card draw but somewhat lacking in creature recursion

>Ezuri, Claw of Progress
Typical setup of dorks and ramp into fatties that make more dorks, also infect

>Nekusar the Mindrazer
First deck, not so much emphasis on nekusar's abilities more zombie tribal/combo

>Isperia the Inscrutable
Sphinx tribal and card draw, for casual games

>Mimeoplasm
Reanimator with lots of self and board mill, probably the strongest of all my decks

I can pray for a chaos warp effect through
It sounds like fun rather than typical burn effects they always give red ;_;

Should this fucking card exist in an EDH-only universe?

Is there a deck that doesn't fucking want this?

tbqh at 4 i probably wouldn't play it in tuned decks unless its specifically an etb related deck or something or otherwise takes explicitly advantage of it.

At first everyone will put it in.
But competitive/fags will remove it.

Its a good thing ol' torpor orb exists.

>playing EDH with a deck whose average CMC is below 3.5

disgusting

go to legacy/vintage/standard/modern where you belong and stop shitting up our casual format

So good that nobody runs it.

Nobody runs it because it's too good, people can't live without the things it shuts down

Might ramp up depending on whether Panharmonicon becomes popular and ETB gets really obnoxious.

But user isn't it more fun to have lots of cool early plays rather than playing land go until your hand of fatties comes online?

On the off chance of you shitposting I will still reply, lots of decks can/will abuse etb via flicker/bounce. Torpor orb and hushwing gryff work despite what you think.

But my Karador Rebels deck is casual?

singleton with a build around commander you always have provides an interesting and unique deck building challenge for spike-minded people

Looking for advice on this relatively budget Glissa infect deck.
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/budget-glissa-infect/

Particularly what, if anything, on the Maybeboard is worth adding and what to remove to make room for it.

I'm going to replace my Conjurer's closet with panharmonicon in my Sedris etbs deck

Conjurer's closet is cool because it lets me unearth and then save that creature from permanent exile while getting another etb

The problem is that it's 5 mana and only works on 1 creature per turn so it's actually kind of really slow

Panharmonicon will let me get more value upfront, I can evoke Shriekmaw and unearth it for 5 mana kill 4 creatures, seems strong

Also it makes palinchron insane, won't even have to find a flicker piece because unearthing palinchron with panharmonicon should give me enough mana to draw a million cards, find a clone and keep going

No I agree, it's fucking excellent.

I play a Newzuri deck that pretty consistently kicks ass and absolutely will be putting Panharmonicon in. People in my group just refuse to run torpor orb. I'm not the only person who plays with ETB shenanigans, either.

Panharmonicon will probably be great in UG Ezuri. It kind of reminds me how good that proliferate engine is in Daretti

Torpor orb also has beautiful art and great flavor text

I wish that politics were more incentivized in EDH. Outside the new monarch thing, there's really not a lot of colluding and fragile alliances. There was a game I played a while back where politics were built into the mechanics and it ruled, so much table talk and deal brokering

>Sol Ring
Goes in every deck. Sad but true.
>Whispersilk
Unblockable+infect. You're not playing with blue, so take any evasion you can.
>Phyrexian Arena
I have one in every Black deck. YMMV, but I've never been unhappy to see it.
>Fireshrieker
Seems good to me
>Contagion Engine
is not on your Maybeboard, but it should be in your main deck.

You've got a lot of spot removal and spot buff cards which I don't really like in EDH. GB is really good at recursion, I suggest adding a Grave Pact and Butcher of Malakir with some good sac engines to just shut the board down and then recurring the sacced creatures. For buffs, I've seen Gaea's Anthem go a long way in Infect, and Hand of the Praetors is a must have.

I literally had to coerce a guy into not fireballing me for 72 by pointing out that out of the four of us, I had the least amount of land
I won the game because after a land wipe, I got the most land out fastest

>conjurer's closet is cool because it lets me unearth and then save that creature from permanent exile while getting another etb

Hate to break it to you, but unearthing a creature and bouncing it via conjurer closet will still make it going to exile.

>702.83a Unearth is an activated ability that functions while the card with unearth is in a graveyard. “Unearth [cost]” means “[Cost]: Return this card from your graveyard to the battlefield. It gains haste. Exile it at the beginning of the next end step. If it would leave the battlefield, exile it instead of putting it anywhere else. Activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery

How do I start introducing table politics? My group just plays its shit and doesn't start attacking until they know they have enough blockers to withstand the retaliation

There are two decks that do this well. Zedru can let you play the rest of the table like a fucking fiddle.

I run a Gahiji deck who's secret tech is shit-talking and being a fucking weasel.

Monarch. It was made explicitly to help this problem

Does my Omnath deck have too much land fetch? Does it need more big creatures?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/23-06-16-BVv-omnath-edh/

>I run a Gahiji deck who's secret tech is shit-talking and being a fucking weasel.
Please post a list, this sounds kinda great

Conjurer's closet flickers, not bounce. It makes a big difference, because the closet exiles it, and since unearth would have also sent it to exile, it isn't redirected. The closet works as intended.

I'd say no. Mine runs more and it pretty well rocks the house. Not finished yet, but it gets the job done and it's really fun to pilot. More mana is never a bad thing.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/28-07-16-tVI-big-green/

I made this deck purely for 1v1 casual play. It can only be consistently beaten by tier 1 deck and I LOVE IT. COME AT ME.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mgs-kamigawa-crisis/

Mind, this deck is slightly outdated, so it's not the best.

>card defies the current status of another and is allowed to proceed instead of being prevented
Why I do play this stupid game?

Does anyone here oversleeve their decks? What do you store your deck in? How does the deck feel to shuffle?

Im thinking about getting pic related for my Karn deck, but they fall apart and have terrible shuffle feel.

Thanks for the advice, yea, those are the ones I've been eyeballing the most definitely. The question is what to replace to make room for them?

Contagion Engine I'm kind of debating if i wanna spend the 5 bucks on or not but should definitely be in that Maybeboard as well. Spinebiter is another that should be in the Maybeboard but my LGS doesn't have one for sale.

The Spot buffs are pretty important with infect I feel, since it's kind of a staple of the playstyle, where the players dread getting a single infect through since they never know when I'm gonna pump it or not, but I can definitely see how they'd be less effective in EDH since every card matters, same with the spot removal. My playgroup also seems to really like making their stuff indestructible too, including one guy who likes to use Darksteel Forge with a Platinum Angel.

I was also definitely bouncing around the idea of adding a Butcher of Malakir, though I feel like Grave Pact is kinda redundant with Dictate of Erebos, and Grave Pact is also quite a bit more expensive.

Already got a Hand of the Praetors in there, Gaea's Anthem definitely sounds like a solid choice, though looks like my LGS only has a foil for like 3.50.

So many cards I wanna add, no clue what to remove.

I'm confused. Are you saying I should run more land fetch?

>muh battlecruises

I'm sorry, but I'd much rather do things throughout the whole game rather than having to wait til I have 30 mana so that I can do anything "cool." Every time Timmy McSixdrops gets stomped by every deck not being made of +6 drops, he gets salty that everyone is playing 'wrong' and I fucking hate you for it.

Maybe you should learn the rules before you try to talk shit

Oh, yeah, sorry. The way my deck shakes out, more land is always better, but that's just me. What issues are you having with the deck?

>oversleeve
You mean like sleeving? KMCs. Licensed sleeves are generally garbo

It's real simple, unearth says exile it if it would leave the battlefield, and Conjurer's closet exiles it, so everything has been satisfied, and when Conjurer's closet brings it back, it's not the same creature anymore that was unearthed

Maybe there shouldn't be rules that get overriden by other rules because faggots like you bitch about "muh trigger abilities", seems like I dropped yugioh just to play equally stupid yugioh sans better art