Do you use P&P games as a form of escapism?

Do you use P&P games as a form of escapism?

>escapism
nah. Its just fun.

yes.

sometimes it feels really pathetic that my favorite recreational activity is not being me.

Yes.
While most of the time playing RPGs is just for fun, I can sink into depressive states and my weekly game has been the only effective cure because I can escape to a fantasy world for a few hours and relieve stress.

Maybe, but it's social escapism that does no harm to me financially, physically, or mentally so it's fine.

No, I use it mainly to interact with other people. That's kind of ironic isn't it?

that's a cute creature
where's it from?

>Do you use *insert any interest here* as a form of escapism?

Fuck off with this bait.

That is definitely mixed in.

everything is a form of escapism
do x to avoid y
das life mang

No.

Yes.

Because I'm a slimy pathetic male who yearns to magical realm as a girl. I literally only do it for the fetish, and the same goes for anyone else, whatever they say. I like to picture my shapely bosom, ass and thighs. I like to pretend I can smell my own girl parts and sometimes touch them. I also like the illusion of power that comes from having absolute control over every aspect of my character who is nothing more than a female pawn tailored for my amusement.

There is literally no justifiable narrative reason to play as a female when you are a male IRL. There is no wriggling out of this. Pretending to be a girl for deep-rooted psycho-sexual reasons is all there is. If you can stand up and admit this then you've gone a long way into self-realization and should be commended for your honesty, even though you're as pathetic as I am.

Used to, long ago, but it turned into fun and nowadays my life is great so I'm not trying to escape anything. The fun remains.

Not really, no. I maybe used to when I was an awkward teenager who was shy and a bit of a loner. Now I feel a lot better about myself and I can socialize with people just fine and so I do it for fun.

Yes. I don't really know what else to say. It's how I escape from my empty fucking life.

On some dark days, yes. It's better than taking it out on the bottle. But mostly it's fun, and it's anoyher reason to gather with friends.

user, can you relate to any non-family female in a non-sexual way?
>Pretending to be a girl for deep-rooted psycho-sexual reasons is all there is.
I understand that Veeky Forums is a melting pot for sexual deviation, but what you focus on in life, you will empower in your life. Maybe you need to step away from things that are a source of fuel for this fetish. I mean, if you can't interact with women or young girls on a non-sexual level you'll always have this issue. It will cripple certain relationships in the future.

>user, can you relate to any non-family female in a non-sexual way?
>non-family

Implying.

It's your life user, live it however you want. But if you're not happy though, you could get therapy/outside opinion/find a support group/etc.
Just know letting it go on will close doors in your future, however. Changing course isn't impossible.
Good luck m8

Well, duh.

Yeah.

Who here doesn't?

I have SMA Type 2.

Make a wild guess.

I used to. Now I use it as a desperate excuse to get my friends together so I will have some kind of social interaction and I won't feel so alone.

Its a moth. They are like butterflies, but with all of the weaknesses of vampires.

You are too dry, my friend. It is no fun.

Kind of? If by escapism you mean a break from my boring life than yes, if by escapism you mean making some kind of self insert that has done everything right and is super cool, not really, im satisfied with my life and am fullfiling my plans

No, actually.

>You are too dry, my friend.
If you knew me, you'd know thats not the case. But if you're happy, rock on. Brolita is a thing you may want to look into. At least you're not a furry.

Not really. That's why I always get weirded out when people try and get waifus or RP their sexual fetishes. I've never seen RPGs as an outlet for doing things I can't do in real life. Just a game to play or run and a way to exercise my creative chops.

Arguably I think this holds me back from REALLY getting in character sometimes. Its still possible though, just like how an actor completely embodies there part. They aren't doing it because they necessarily want to be that character.

>escapism
Literally what defines "that guy" as "that guy".

Normies play P&P as an excuse to hang out, joke, eat, and drink. Social time for people who don't give a shit about football.

>At least you're not a furry.
heard u talkin' shit like I wouldn't find out

Implying there aren't things to roleplay which don't involve your character's sex life or involving your personal fetishes.

Wew.

>escapism
Can't you see? It's not healthy!

Yeah. I mean, why the fuck not? Better than some other shit I could be doing.

Only because I like to imagine what it's like to not be mentally ill.

Everyone does to some extent. For people who wish they'd joined the military it's a fun outlet. For people who wish they hadn't joined the military it's a fun outlet.

There might be other kinds of players, but I doubt it.

Absolutely. Worst part is that I'm rarely the player so I have to gain pleasure from being multiple NPCs that show up for a while