Quoting Monty Python is a traditional game

What are your rules, Veeky Forums?

Only rule is we worship Matt Ward here.

>Rule #1
My hovercraft is full of eels.

>Rule #2
Get on with it!

>Rule #3
It's time for the penguin on top of your television to explode.

>Rule #4
Stop that!

>Rule #5
This is Abuse.

>Rule #6
Get on with it!

rule1: it has to be monty python
rule2: if it's not monty python insist it is monty python and make them believe you
rule3: citing monty python is no laughing matter
rule4: funny voices are demanded.
rule5: life is just a game where we make up the rules while we're searching for something to say
rule6: therefore there are no rules

We're a pro-skub board. All anti-skubs get out.

Well you take the circle line till half-noon, then, if you're using the Essex IX errata, you use the hertfordshire reversal to... oh. Wrong skit.

>1. No poofters.
>2. No member of the faculty is to maltreat the "Abos" in any way whatsoever—if there's anyone watching.
>3.No poofters.
>4. I don't want to catch anyone not drinking in their room after lights out.
>5. No poofters.
>6. There is no rule six.
>7. No poofters.

AUSTRALIA! AUSTRALIA! AUSTRALIA!

my hovercraft is full of eels

Level loss for every quote.

Rule 1: You can quote Monty Python as much as you like, just not at the gaming table.

Rule 2: Please try not to be such a sad tryhard.

I'm intrigued by your rulesets heavily "no-poofters" stance, but what's your stance on bogans?

One derail per-session, anymore shall result in severe penalties.

This is my only line.

It literally has not happened in any of the campaigns I've been in for the past couple years. To the extent that if it happened organically, I think it would probably be hilarious.

The only rule that I've found works, is that it has to fit the moment. If you ban them, people will just quote random things to test each other's patience. Forcing people to come up with good ones will make sure we can get back to the game soon after someone starts joking around

Quoting stuff (monty python or else) is more than welcome at my table, as long as it fits.
Player losing a fight and quoting the black knight? ok
Players telling someone that their mother was a hamster and their father smelled of elderberries as an insult? why not
sitting in the tavern and randomly shouting something about vile rabbits? that's a paddling

Bogans are permitted, but under no circumstances are there to be derros or yobbos.

The only winning move is not to play.
Quoting MP is like listening to the song you love so much that you start to hate it.

One of the guys in my old group decided that if anyone made a Monty Python joke, they had to give him $2. No one questioned it because we played at his house. He tried tried to shake me down for using Brian Blessed's voice for a noble character. I had to spend ten minutes telling him that Brian Blessed isn't a Monty Python character. This was immediately followed by another player making a joke from Holy Grail. When I prompted him to shake down this player, he told me that he wouldn't because they were housemates.

He turned into the biggest That Guy when he got his psychology degree and managed to alienate everyone because he thought he was psy-ops or something.

WE LOVE YOU!

...mind if we call you Bruce?

Do it well and do it rarely.

Same rules apply:

>The game must be continuous
>The GAME must be CONTINUOUS
>THE GAME MUST BE CONTINUOUS

so, player A references the hovercraft and asks if it is full of eels. Player B chuckles and asks if he would like to come back to his place later, make bouncy bouncy.

Player B is not with us anymore.

Player C, however chuckles, hops in the hovercraft, and rolls perception to check for eels before giving it the all clear.

Player C is a valued member of the group

>Brian Blessed isn't a Monty Python character
Be fair, if you've seen him in action it's an easy mistake to make.

It has to be as surreal and unexpected as it was originally.

>but under no circumstances are there to be derros or yobbos.
You convicts are literally just making words up now.

>One of the guys in my old group decided that if anyone made a Monty Python joke, they had to give him $2
What the fuck as going through his mind when he made that up?

>What the fuck as going through his mind when he made that up?
"I could use a bit of cash and those guys look gullible enough to squeeze some out of them if I put it right."
Fines for swearing are somewhat common concept (at least in some families) - you're working from there, except with memes.