/bbg/ Blood Bowl General - Season V Will Be a Mistake edition

Secret League Playoffs are happening; nobody cares

Mauled left then came back then left again then came back again.

Exact format of S V is being debated upon

plasmoids.dk/bbowl/Bloodbowl.htm
1d4chan.org/wiki/Blood_Bowl

The latest rules, the CRP (aka LRB6):
marmeladov.com/BB/LRB6.pdf

Stunty Leeg handbook:
fumbbl.com/files/Stunty_Leeg_Handbook_v1_0_1.pdf

Veeky Forums FUMBBL group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=9828&op=view

Veeky Forums Stunty Leeg group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=10178&op=view

Veeky Forums Secret League group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=10393&op=view

IRC Server: irc.fumbbl.com
Port: 6667
Channel: #tg

Steam Community for Blood Bowl 2:
steamcommunity.com/groups/tgbloodbowl2

Cknoor's tutorials:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSJ6kwwJv4Nr-Ky1PaFZys50S7zewio1O

Previous thread: 49067375

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11188016
strawpoll.me/11188032
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=888600
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Cmonkey brings shame to goblins.

As expected of monkey enabler

Gas the faker.

Dice just didn't favor him at the right moments, he did his best to kill

That isn't good enough. 50 lashes.

>Making it to semis bring shame to goblins
>In a league where ayylmao existed
Sure is buncha slack jawed faggots here

Nuffle will sort you out xD

Ayylmao wasn't in secret league :)

Rolled 1 (1d6)

Handoff to AG3, no Catch.

Rolled 5 (1d8)

Rolling to bump the threads is never safe, remember to stand your anons up and make actions that don't require rolls first.

hi guys which team should i play if i wanna FUCKKing kill myself thanks :D

BB2 patch came out today.

No problem friend! I was just drunk for 28 hours and had a fun time going to little restaurants with my pals. So I recommend Norse!

no one fucking asked u retard!

Frostee Rucker or Fozzy Whittaker?

*does a cool leap and lands in your cage, using my strip ball skill and getting a 1db on your ball handler, picking up the ball in like 4 tackle zones and running it in for the touchdown* god i love elves

bump

dead

dead

*punches you in irl life*
god i love punching elf players in the irl life

Is bret an 'official' team like slann/chaos pact/underworld now?

No.

Why not?

Cyanide aren't the official rule makers for BB. Khorne isn't a real team either.

Plasmoid lists them as a team.

And there is no official rule keepers right now as far as I can tell. Just cabals of people that adhere to certain editions + house rules.

They are not an official BB team. Mostly because the team that was made by people and Cyanide use are different teams.

cyanide one is peasant, yeomen, knight, isn't it?

Technically it is different names. Mostly the skill access is different.

>different skill access
Ah.

But no one seems to be opposed to a bret team. Even fumbbl has a roster for it, I think.

In secret league. Where you have a 50/50 chance of getting something alright or garbage.

>reading that grotty little newspaper thing
>it's all done in character
I wish I could stomach the forced goblin/orc-speak to read a discussion on tactics. But I guess I'm too impatient for rp bullshit.

Not NAF sanctioned and the NAF runs the tournaments.

>secret
>50/50 odds of getting a good team

That's awful generous of you. Garion's ears are burning.

When I say alright I mean something that isn't good fucking awful. Most of the teams are mediocre.

Scenario One: Mauled sitting in a white circular room surrounded my printed out surveys, correlating, collaborating. The sweat drips from his brow and he calculates the perfect settings for the Veeky Forums league. Days pass.

Scenario Two: Having sobered up for like 3 minutes, mauled transferred all surveys onto a portable hard drive. 2 days later his throws up on the hard rive and then does whatever he feels like anyway.

Two

He just saw that it was a whole lot of work and reading so he just does whatever

One, we are already dead and need a ressurection spell in form of the perfect season 5 ruleset.

Season 5 will be played using the 40k rosters.

But Mauled is just gonna get drunk and write down what he thinks people voted for.

>tfw waiting for Mauled to feel lonely enough to tripfag blogpost so he can actually remember he manages a league

Pizza, please make the new league. Mauled takes too long to do anything and is a shitty tripfag.

Necromantic's out for BB2 now.

Also more logos have been added to the files, including pro elf and stunties.

t. Azrael

They're adding new teams, the logos count as teams! BUY OUR GAME

I'll show you new teams.

>Slaanesh
I hope that isn't what I think it is.

Be more specific.

Either of the fumbbl secret league teams.

Could just be more chaos stuff. There's quite a few chaos teams.

New player here, any tips for a Necromantic player? I heard werewolves are a must. And is it acceptable to use modded 40k wulfens as werewolves and Chaos Spawns as Flesh Golems?

Subbing models is up to whatever the other people in your area are alright with. Necro teams like Werewolves, but they level up the easiest of your players. Starting with one so the rest of your team isn't bad is a good idea.

Alright. I guess with the points I save with just one Werewolf I can get some Ghouls. Pity they don't have resurrection, though.

>ghouls
Start with one flesh golem, get two wolves, and one ghoul. Buy rerolls. In a game or two, buy a second flesh golem.

Ghouls are not why you're playing necromantic. You won't even want more than one of them and that's for having options.

difference between necro and undead in playstyle lads?

>undead:Bash n foul, more ghouls needed
>necro: fewer ghouls, fast werewolves insane when skilled, str pieces are s4

Friday 8 pm server time:
Gamer Fuel Vs A cat is fine too

I thought a lot of starting rosters only had one Werewolf?

Undead is good. Necro is better.

I prefer to have both wolves at the start in order to get spp rolling. It also makes it harder for the opponent to focus their attention. Wolves are frequently a target. On necro team, ghouls less so.

But what you really want to do, are build up your Wights because they're going to last the longest and people will generally ignore them in favor of blitzing wolves and ghouls. You'll be retiring wolves out as necessary until you get one that develops well.

Wolves are basically fantastic all around players and very reliable. Good armor, regen, huge movespeed, and average stats with good skill access.

Well I wasn't the one saying take Ghouls over Wolves, I was just mentioning it was my understanding that most Necro teams like to start with both Golems over both Wolves.

It may be statistically a better option, I dunno. I get two re-rolls, 2 wolves, 2 wights, and fill out what I can from there. I never take more than one ghoul ever though. Instead have an extra zombie to get red cards.

I don't like going out the gate with less potential ball carriers. And Golems aren't going to do much of anything for their first half dozen games. You're paying a hefty fee for a piece that'll just sit there and be spooky.

They have plenty of line fodder already, so I prefer to have another potential ball carrier.

So what two skill do I get on Skinks if they don't get doubles/Stats?

axe them

I was planning to Axe them if they get the 3rd level up without a double. Maybe like, much later on I can be picky but early on (like in a league setting) I don't necessarily have the money to be so picky.

Jump up can be nice. They get knocked down a lot, and with Dodge/Stunty they are not even really inhibited by moving out of tackle zones.

Plus, it can synergize somewhat with +1 STR/AGI level ups if you happen to get one later.

Side Step is also at least slightly useful on everyone. Personally I prefer Jump Up since they will be knocked down far more often than they will be pushed and Side Step is mostly only good/reliable if they also get Block.

jump up, sidestep, diving tackle is nice too if you're having trouble with elves or skaven

I wouldn't call Golems line fodder by any means. Necro defense is pretty weak with only one of them, it seems to me. You've got a couple average stat line blockers and a bunch of slow actual fodder pieces. The wolves are fast, but not agile and can be blocked off fairly easily. Not so easy to get two S4 Stand Firm pieces out of the way.

eh, they pretty much are just skilled up zombies honestly. black orcs are much more useful than lineorcs for example, while a flesh golem just serves the same purpose as a zombie. a zombie can easily fill in his place on defense if you're not going to be blitzing with him.

dead

Still dead
So a question for the masses - should TV cutoff be 1300, how triggered would you be if somebody returned to rookies with a 60-SPP farmed blitzer and a few other experienced pieces?
I'm asking for a friend

I didn't mean to imply I never get two flesh golems. I get my second one eventually. I get it right after I get 3 re-rolls.

I just don't start with 2, and prefer to have another wolf and more rerolls instead because wolves are more capable of playing the ball.

Flesh Golems are good pieces, they just need several games to get off the ground. Wolves/Wights/Ghouls can all play the ball, and zombies are replaceable for almost nothing.

I think Necro just needs to focus on winning their early games and then develop their bash game after they've got a couple key skills.

Also a small udpate for our BigBlackChode masters, about the layout - i think it would be a nice touch if overall champions - and only them - would be visible immedetaly after clicking the "record" bar, and not only if you open a tab.

>Personally I prefer Jump Up since they will be knocked down far more often than they will be pushed

How do you figure that. A blockless tackleless player will be pushing 3/6 times and knocking down 1/6. With block it is still only 2/6.

Ss is much more useful for general positioning and one turning and has synergy with DT too which is a nice combo for unlucky skinks that you do decide to keep.

Skinks only have Strength 2, so they almost always get double blocked. The chances go up to 30% without block and 55% with block.

Either way, Skinks suck ass and won't be doing all that much unless they get a Double.

>Turn one
>Opponent blocks my Rat Ogre with a Skink who he gave Dauntless, for whatever fucking reason
>Gets a double block
>Fucking. Kills. It.

Thankfully I Apothied it down to to a regular injury, but still.

giving one skink dauntless isn't that bad since you can cagebreak on a 3+. it's a slightly worse horns 2head goblin

Any tips for a new Norse player? How useful is that snow troll considering he's a Loner?

Your team skeleton should have 2-3 RR and both ulfs with the rest being your own choice. Snow troll is very lackluster when you can get 4 frenzy without loner and have better skill access to make better use of it. The only good thing about the troll is having free claw and DP, but no MB means that you have to waste level 2 or 3 on getting it.Having 12 players is a good idea because you want to foul if you are not getting the armor breaks through blocking, just make sure that you have that piece surrounded enough to get that break. Give your zerks and ulfs TDs ealry then give it to the runner. Inducements should be spent on the other WW star player and bribes.

snow troll is kinda shit honestly. he has wild animal so you need to blitz with him and you don't want to do that since you have other pieces that can blitz well. or you put him in a group to block with him and he has av8 no thick skull so he goes down easily.

Snow Troll is one of the least important Big Guys. Frenzy on a Big Guy is quite good and would usually warrant picking him, but Norse already has 4 players with Frenzy.

Basically, every Big Guy who doesn't have Block is a liability, and Wild Animal is really bad (since it not hard to play around, and you generally don't want to use Blitz's with Loners).

However, if he *does* get block, then you can get Mighty Blow and

Claw+Mighty Blow+Frenzy+Block

is pretty fucking amazing, and it can make a huge difference against high armor teams (like Dwarfs) that Norse can struggle with.

Basically Snow Troll *can* be extremely good but he is really mediocre without block.

In a short-term league setting I would strongly consider skipping him (unless you expect to go up against a heavy bash meta) but long term he can be worth it.

ded

>BB2
>Someone tries a 1die with their Wardancer, gets a skull, doesn't reroll it
>Calls me rude when I stomp on him with four guys and I only get a stun
Is the best ending to this greentext a reaction image or just going >BB2 again?

Both

I once made a russian cunt concede in BB2 because I stomped his wardancer that tried to -2db for no reason and got him killed.

in bb2 i swear to god every time there's a foul someone blows up. it's as if removing one of the players in a 2 person team isn't important, or piling on when i have like 4 fucking zombies right next to him is a smart play

Fouling Wardancers at every opportunity is objectively the most correct way to play the game.

Opinion on Fouling in general:
strawpoll.me/11188016

Last Turn Fouling:
strawpoll.me/11188032

Gamer Fuel vs A Cat Is Fine Too

Gamer Fuels Vs. A cat is fine too
NOW LIVE
Secret League Semi-Finals!

An incredibly healthy number of replies to the survey, thanks guys.

I'll keep it open for a little longer, I imagine most who wished to give their opinion have, and we'll have a look at final results, get the format sorted and open sign ups.

Just Russians in general in this game.
>barely new norse v fresh lizards
>make my vital moves first then stomp the blue freaks into the dirt.
>have upper hand and start -2 blocks because team wide block and plenty of RR.
>doesnt even score just concedes after i kill one skink hen KO and surf another saurus.

Oh nice is that part of the new kits or a 3rd party?

Just do it now faggot. Everyone already put their say in and only people that are never around are left.

for some reason people get pissed off and think fouls are actually rude just because they happen to be called "fouls"

Game Fuel vs A Cat Is Fine Too

ends 2-0 in favor of the half-orcs

I'm also going to bring you some overdue news at some point.

Yeah, new GW plastics.

Thanks for being super slow and a tripfag. Truly the savior of Veeky Forums league.

The really important thing with Necromantic is not to overextend - you have very fast players, but if you put on the speed you can easily separate them from the Flesh Golem/Wight/Zombie core of your team.

It's very important to get a feel for when to go fast and when to slowly grind your way up. I also can't overstate the importance of your Flesh Golem/Zombie line - if the ball gets away from them they're never catching up, forcing you to play defence with half a team.