Can someone explain how this is not the easiest 3x ever?

membership token price listed as 25$, current price 8$

I am not saying it IS that easy, but it SOUNDS too easy. What do i miss?

All in on this. It's too obvious.

honestly if you dont own salt you are stupid

The only way I can see this not skyrocketing immediately after the platform date announcement is if bitcoin crashes horribly.

Even then, once confidence is regained then having this coin is a no-brainer.

I am going to actually use SALT myself, so I bought some tokens to actually pay for it. But why won't "normal" users just buy the tokens for 8$ too?

You missed the fact that most people who want to take loans there already hoarded massive bags at 3USD and below so there will be little to no demand increase due to launch. The supply is also massive and diversified among many holders who hold it only as a speculative investment expecting short term massive gains.

There's also the fact that BTC is volatile as fuck and is the only collateral at launch and min margin is a mere 25%. Expect liquidations and pink wojaks.

Wait until bitfinex exits or gets shut down by authorities, or bitconnect exit scams, or wallstreet faggots who bought bitcoin short the fuck out of it on derivatives exchanges and then dump the shit out of their bitcoin to flashcrash the price.

So yeah, even if BTC wasn't going to fail, expect this to dump hard at launch when all the speculative investors in salt realize the price isn't moving upwards. Will probably bleed out for weeks until it stabilizes below 50% of current price and then slowly increases from that point onwards as the platform is used by more and more crypto newfags who didn't have the chance to hoard salt and more collateral options are added.

I was thinking the same thing.

>expect this to dump hard at launch when all the speculative investors in salt realize the price isn't moving upwards
That seems to happen before coins hit the new exchange. Honestly, I would like for this coin to take a hit so I can buy some lower. If they raise the value from $25 to $50 someday, that's cheaper loans for me.

Dubs foretell a 55% chance of this occurring.

I think there is one chance that this won't happen. If a megawhale (or group of whales) try to corner the salt market. However, it would be the most rational for this megawhale to allow a downwards trend in salt to happen first and then dump to initiate a flash crash and then accumulate at a lower price rather than straight up buying at current or higher prices.

Wouldn't whales be incentivized to push the price up so it's harder from people to lower interest on their loans should these whales and early investors want to lend?

No they are incentivized to keep it low because it makes it leverages the value further when they actually use it for a loan.

This is why I don't hold salt. Will take a long time for demand to catch up to huge supply, soon as people realize this and that they can buy it on the market it Will crash. That $25 price means nothing other than to make people think its a good investment at $10. This coin is useful but its already overvalued. I do wish I stayed in at $3.80 but won't be getting back in at this price

>platform date announcement
Do you know when that is? I had a look and it just seems to be in "December"

>Logo is literally a pyramid

Pajeet pls go

Besides taking out loans for more crypto and what seems like an easy 3x, I feel like a lot of people will want to use this to cash out without paying capital gains.

Also, I'm pretty sure this was leaked to be in last month's PBC or some recent newsletter. Anyone have that?

it's the easiest 3x in crypto right now and idiots are still buying coins that don't even have a use and never will

Ah, you sort of revealed why you have negative feelings about it having sold early. I guess your own intuition failed you on that one.

Those who sell out early on a coin always wish for its failure

Fudders will fud. Good buy signal

These are all great points but when have we ever applied these same standards to any other crypto? I think people get confused since SALT is actually useful and here. Is anyone using Stellar Lumens or Cardano right now? Doesn't keep them from having a 3 billion dollar market cap. Anyone actually using IOTA or does it even work at 11 billion? Nope. But the first time someone mentions SALT they start raking it over the coals down at #31 on the CMC list and getting out their calculator.