/HHG/ The Horus Heresy Generals

Eye of Horus edition

Secutarius sub-edition

We talked a bit about Primarch friendships, Corax went full metal, Ahriman's mini kicked up a lot of dust in the Eye of Horus, a LR&Rhino compilation was posted and Knight user is considering to paint more stuff, but lacks faith.

The followers of the Machine God proposed a lot of Secutarii units, we talked about plasma support tacticals but they blew themselves up and the AL stole units and gave them mutable tactics, all of that and more in the previous thread -> Also, pdf MEGA bros, would you kindly update the following sources:

Red Book Links:
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List: mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
Crusade Imperialis epub:
mediafire.com/download/meqp1hn5sa3d6gt/The_Horus_Heresy_–_Crusade_Imperialis_-_Army_Lists.epub
Strawpoll links: strawpoll.me/10558764
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Space_Marine_Legion_List_(30k)
1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Mechanicum:_Taghmata_(30k)
1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Solar_Auxilia_(30k)
1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Imperial_Militia_and_Cults_(30k)
1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Questoris_Knight_Crusade_(30k)
youtube.com/watch?v=RfToNrfoDh4
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEaPE4sLDA7sNLQTkuFBH71w4sbDeoy6t
youtube.com/watch?v=_odi1c7ErCg
youtube.com/watch?v=tAPIvkyt3eU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What would you think is the best RoW for an allied WE detachment?
Yes, as in, allied to the IW

IW fag here, I've always been torn between Thousand Sons and Iron Warriors. Having watched a battle report where a librarian buffed tactical squads, Dreadnaughts and the like I'm interested in running a few. With the current rules I don't think a single librarian is enough of a force multiplier.

As it stands I'm interested in building a jack of all trades list that can make use of buffs to enhance key force elements.

Considering Thousand Sons release soonish, would it be wise to wait for them? Include a librarian or two in my iron warriors lists or simply o Word Bearers for burning lore.

Burning lore only turns specific character models into psykers right?

Burning Lore is "Some HQ also gain Psychic powers" without shelling for true Librarians. And Diabolists can buff Tactical, Assaul and TERMINATOR squads.
It's up to you to have faith.

Same user who posted the cancer rhino a week ago, I think I did alright on my new tactical marines and libby, may get rid of the book on top as that was a pain to paint and doesnt look good.

what have you done

I say don't settle for Word Bearers

They're the arch-traitors, the daemon masters; they have a very specific look and feel, but it's not so much "psychic mastery" as it is "the vanguard armies of hell" - a cool role they very much deserve and do very well, but force multiplying/buff-tastic librarians they 'aint

I'd say make your jack of all trades list for either of the knowledge-loving brothers, and I'd suggest leaning towards automata to do it - the Warriors loved making their 'bots, while the Sons needed bullet sponges

just thick my shit up senpai

Dammit I forgot to include de 1d4chan pages in the OP

>Legion Tactics
1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Space_Marine_Legion_List_(30k)
>Mechanicum
1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Mechanicum:_Taghmata_(30k)
>Imperial Army
>>Solar Auxilia
1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Solar_Auxilia_(30k)
>>Militia and Cults
1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Imperial_Militia_and_Cults_(30k)
>Questoris Knights
1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Questoris_Knight_Crusade_(30k)

Phoenix terms aren't worth the upgrade points over normal termis?

palatine blades seem to get pricey fast

Don't let those anons discourage you, user, those are some darn nice Play-Doh marines!

Just dunno what to do to improve senpai, thinned it this time...

What legion are those even suppose to be ?

Supposed to be salamanders, tried doing a bit of a lava pattern on their legs.

Ok real talk here : edge-highlighting and free hands painting clearly are far above the level of painting-fu you are at right now.

If I were you I'd give the armour an even coat of your choosen colour, paint the metal bits with leadbelcher and maaaaaaybe drybrush it with something lighter if you think you can handle drybrushing just the metal bits and not the whole damn model. Then apply Nuln Oil to the whole thing and call it a day.

Also thin your paint and clean your brush at regular intervals, don't do it once and then paint a whole bunch of models in one go (REEEEEEEEE)

There's so much wrong with it, I don't even know where to begin.

Start out by learning the basics here:
Assembly: youtube.com/watch?v=RfToNrfoDh4
How different paints should be used: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEaPE4sLDA7sNLQTkuFBH71w4sbDeoy6t
How to paint Space Marines (even if it's Ultramarines the concepts apply to everyone): youtube.com/watch?v=_odi1c7ErCg
How to paint Salamanders armour youtube.com/watch?v=tAPIvkyt3eU

Can someone link me the most recent legion book, as mine says WE can take chainaxes for free if they already had access to chainswords

Im supposed to be making a new 1000 point army for an escalating campaign, but im torn between iron warriors heavy weapons and word bearer summoning shenanigans

How much fun would be the joint task force of Loyalist Iron Warriors and Iron Hands post-Istvaan V dropsite massacre?

Don't, take a detachment that helps the iron warriors and then just have red butcher allies with Golg in a spartan

Word bearer user here, consider checking out the multitude of painting guides for salamanders or painting in general. Because from your paintjob I believe you must suffer from autism or some other disease. We live in the age of free, easily available information thanks to the internet.

I think it's parkison's disease, can't remember the last time I've seen such an insteady hand paintjob.

I don't know if those are edgy flames or magma bubbles because they look like blobs, if you want that to change highlight them and use washes.
There are visible mouldlines on the thunder hammer so you should get rid of that
Also never do script with paint, use a micropen, it's basically a ink pen with a really fine nib and just make squiggles of writing
The librarians head should not all be one colour as there's bionics and eyes to be done
Cruz terminatus may be mentioned in forgeworld books but general rule of thumb is not to use it
If I were you I'd strip these models, and buy the 3 marine snap fits until you can paint them to a table top standard
Also /wip here on /tg will help you, and don't worry some hated Knight user at first but now we all just about love him and his grey fists

1000 point praevian led iron born, as it expands you can include iron circle and crush them under the might of BEEP BOOPS

I don't understand why they haven't put this in an FAQ yet or mentioned it on the blog
Also is this email before the most recent legion book came out

I already lean towards the Iron Circle, perhaps buffing robots would be even more ridiculous? Field two librarians, a delegatus, arm him accordingly, wade through hellfire with beep boops.

>have red butcher allies with Golg in a spartan
Duh, you seriously think I didn't think of that?
Not even Sworn Brothers can share transports. I could joing Golg with Butchers and deepstrike them, but only if they ran Orbital Assault, meaning I'd only get to bring a single Butcher squad, and maybe WE Ass squads.

If they ran PotL, that'd be two Butcher squads, and maybe some Apothecaries.

But the fact I can doesn't mean I should.

Why not warsmith with cortex, then you can beep boop while you ironfire

Because the Praevian warlord is a self insert of the edgy autistic player

DA guy from a couple threads ago here. Just got done with the majority of the work on a drop pod, which will be transporting either a vet squad or a leviathan(once I get either of those painted...)

How's it look so far? I've still gotta clean up the edges of the fins and maybe add some weathering from re-entry.

Tried to make the black look good with a dawnstone drybrush, but any other tips on how to make black not boring-as-hell would be appreciated

Is the red meant to have blacks going through, also
>Aquila
REEEE

Is this a bad time to point out that FW's Javelin speeders have an aquila on them ?

People who still scream about the Aquila need to fuck off back to their Index Astartes-era lore. There's Aquilas on marine gear in almost every FW book.

I wanted a darker red on the flats of the fins due to exhaust and dust from re-entry, with edge highlights. I might go back and add another layer or two of Khorne red to make it obvious.

>REEEE
In lieu of having another argument about the viability of non-palatine aquilas among the legions in 30k: The Emperor's Salvation(Drop Pod) is a distinguished machine within the arsenal of the 1st Legion cruiser Lion's Claw, having served the First since the early days of the Great Crusade. It had the immense honor of serving beside the Emperor himself during the subjugation of the Andronicus system, being one of many pods launched to reinforce the emperor and his guard whilst battling their foes. For this honor of service it was adorned with an Aquila to mark it as having stood in the presence of the Master of Mankind.

Is that sufficient to quell your autism?

Yes, it is. All Land Speeder Javelins are stolen from the EC.

Kidding. As long as the marines don't wear them as a personal heraldry it'll be alright.

Shave those Aquilas from your marines.

And yes, the Palatine Aquila is but an ancient iteration of the Imperial Aquila. Meaning it's AN Imperial Aquila.

Jesus christ are you painting with pastry bags?

And the salamanders storm eagle is used in FW art, even though the tech marine within clearly has non heresy era armour

I am looking to add a small Cybernetica attachment to my IW force and I am pretty sold on the standard:

Magos with 3 castellax w/ darkfire cannons

Thanatar

maybe a squad of Thallax.

My main question is, what is the "standard" load out for a solid Magos, without going overboard? I am currently a little overwhelmed with how many options mechanicum get and I always throw what feels like too much on him.

Practice makes perfect, but seriously; thin your goddamn paints.

What paints are you using? Apple Barrel?

Is there a specific time period where the IW adopted the horns that modern Chaos Marines have? If I recall from the early days, the horns originally came from mixing beastmen bits with chaos Marines.

Just a magos to herd the Castellax and cast Cybertheurgy? If he's an Archmagos Dominus, run him naked, add a cyberfamiliar tops.

>As long as the marines don't wear them as a personal heraldry
Try again.

Take a Magos Prime Myrmidax with photon thrusters. That + the darkfire cannons should kill any and all vehicles

A shining light... To our brothers-in-arms.
Even in death. We are Alpharius.

Thousand sons sorcerers always had horns, and their Primarchs were bff's so you could fluff it as them being the ones that guarded pertuabo when he met with Magnus on terra

I already told you, Khorne, MGSV quotes are only good as responses, not as initiators.

At least he's loyal.

That's not personal heraldry, personal heraldry is right shoulder pad. That's on all crusade mk 2 as it was them going OIII THE EMPEROR SENT US as it was still brutal conquest at that point rather than diplomacy

>non heresy era armour

It's an artificer MkV, so no need for studs to hold extra armour and thinner cables fit under the plates. Torso cables covered by an extra chest plate (like how some MkIVs got a plate that covers the chest cables).

>posted image clearly says "Emperor's personal standard"

So if the Aquila is the symbol of the Emperor, what's the universal insignia of the Imperium in 30k that all loyalist forces can bear to signify others of their allegiance? Surely a unified state would have a unified symbol under which they operate.

Except tons of other examples of mk II armor shows either a legion icon, or the Terran raptor head.

And if personal heraldry is only the right shoulder pad, find me even a post-heresy marine that has the Aquila there. Because I've never seen ANY marine have it there except for pic-related, and that's the Way of Unification Aquila.

The Imperial Aquila is the universal insignia. The Palatine Aquila is the Emperor's personal standard.

This Aquila 'problem' is bullshit, imagine having an army where every UM has a Deathwatch shoulderpad, it would look awful right? Same with the Aquila, its fine if you add it on some models here and there but it looks silly if you have all your World Eaters with Aquilas.

Moderation is key.

Anyone got an image showing the difference between the two aquillas, and also the most recent 30k explanation of the aquilla as one Blanche drawing said it was not just the emperor and the mechanicum represented but all the bodies of the imperium

Also does the emperor have two sets of heraldry or does he ditch the thunderbolt after unifying with Mars

>Shows a picture of a loyalist blackshield
>Thinks they still abide by protocol
kek
"Why do the Emperor's Children keep the name if they don't fight for the Emperor anymore? You can't explain that"

Except "The Imperium of Man" is not a secretive special snowflake group, it's the empire you belong to. Next you'll tell me Mechanicum models should not have the skull and cog in 30k.

That would make the autists scream even louder because that means you're not creating a uniform army. And haven't you heard? That's as bad as mixing armor types...

>tfw forgeworld will never release torsos with the equals etched on like in all the big books

Great job not reading my post. My whole point is no one pre-Heresy puts the aquila on the pauldron.

Unless your army is weathered or blackshields then mismatched marks is stupid, as the suits are built wholesale and not modular like in 40k, and they run on different fuels and systems. It'd be like running a Mac flashcard from the 90's on your brand new gaming rig

Google "30k aquila"
Compare the third and fourth images.

>Next you'll tell me Mechanicum models should not have the skull and cog in 30k.
W e . have . s o m e t h i n g . b e t t e r , m e a t b a g .

>they run on different fuels

Sauce?

That's like using a legion symbol to say "we don't need not aquila to show we're Imperial, we got this here upside down omega."

I would think for a galaxy wide war effort the armor should use anything that will burn, there's no way you're going to have freighters of prometheum or whatever keeping up with your Crusade

Perhaps the only thing approaching a "standard" in the whole Imperium would be their thermal engines being able to run on anything that flows and burns

>"If it flows, I goes."

OMG YOU ARE ALL SO FUCKING STUPID
Palatine Aquila/imperial aquila was in use during the crusade, and the heresy.

The emperors personal PHOENIX styled claw wing motif aquila thing was granted to the EC, this is NOT the imperial aquila

holy fucking retards

So lightning bolt aquilla is the use by all version or emperors personal one, I'm hoping emperors personal one so I don't have to stick lightning bolt find on everything

lightning bolts was PRE-crusade.... it was unification era symbol to represent HIS forces, it was NOT his PERSONAL heraldry

Filters would be designed for certain impurities, castraferrum box naughts become popular because they can run on anything whilst contemptors couldn't, that and also the ease of construction
So I'd presume that carried on to power armour

What's the problem with this exactly?

The Aquilia was the symbol of the Imperium during the Heresy.

It's the personal one, but the lightning bolts tend to be added to EC's who were around during the War of Unification. Non-EC's who fought during the War of Unification used the Raptor Head with Lightning Bolts. But it's not a super-ultra standardized thing.

Old lore stated that only the Emperor's Children wore the Aquila. There was only one Aquila design back then.

Pretty sure SM power packs run on nuclear fuel. At least atomic stacks were mentioned in old fluff and for example the anvilus backpack fluff mentions that it has worse radiation shielding on it. Also, what does it matter what runs the power source? As long as they produce electricity to power the suit, any old backpack should do. Attaching them to the suit might need some work, but electricity is electricity.

Wonder why tanks don't use atomic power. Maybe they can't produce a reactor that's powerful enough to drive a tank while not weighing too much and tanking up too much space? Marine power armour probably doesn't need a whole lot of power, but needs it for long periods of time, while tanks probably need a lot of power fast, but aren't running 24/7.

You specifically picked the legion that uses eagles as ornamentation.
And the Fists use Lightnings and Raptors due to their proximity to the Emperor.

But the insular Reductor, distant from Mars and employed by both bands, were pretty much on their own side. They'd be one of the closest things the Mechanicum have to Blackshields, but they don't build empires of their own.

They only destroy the empires of others.

In Legacy there's a rogue trader charter signed personally by the Emperor and his seal is said to be an ][ with an X over it. Made me think of the symbol of the Adeptus Custodes.

Land Raiders and larger tanks tend to be reactor powered, rather than combustion based.
Mentioned more than once, especially on the super-heavies like the Falchion for instance, which needs a sizeable reactor just to feed its guns.

Mechanicum book says they're a sub-sect of the Mechanicum, even if nomadic.

Not quite, they're different things awarded in different occasions.

I said "Distant from Mars", not "Entirely independent".

Actually, Land Raiders used the same thermic combustor reactor as dreadnoughts and rhinos. HOWEVER, Land Raiders use a much-upscaled class of the reactor, whereas the Rhinos use four smaller classes working in parallel. The base model seems to be what the Castraferrum uses.

Was malcador also present or something as the inquisition I is malcadors symbol IIRC

The Mechanicum is even more dispersed and disparate than even the AdMech in 40k. That says a lot about how little control Mars actually had over other Forgeworlds.

The Emperor's Aquila is different from the Imperial Aquila. pic related is the Emperor's personal heraldry aquila

The Imperial aquila is a combination of the Emperor's aquila with another wing and twin-head added symbolizing the union of Terra and Mars

Also wearing the aquila on your armor is different from having it on vehicles. HH books regularly talk about giant aquilas plastered on warships and the like

I seem to recall that it's a bit of a hybrid. The Emperor's Lightning, a Land Raider that sank into a swamp, spend 18 years driving out of it, reserving it's power and shutting down for periods of time to recharge its batteries. It's possible there's an auxiliary reactor which charges batteries and can drive the tank as well.

But yeah, most Imperial vehicles use combustion engines as their main power source for movement. Weapons are often hooked to their own power sources, like for example a Leman Russ Demolisher can have, on top of its combustion engine, a plasma reactor and laser generators to fuel its hull and sponson guns.

Malcador's symbol was a bit like it, but not entirely the same.

>exterminatus revenge

pff pussies, most other legions would drop on the planet to kill every living thing by hand and would consider just nuking them from orbit to be an insult to the ones that died

It's hard to kill a whole planet with chainaxes when you only have 200 active warriors.
But as someone who cleared Horde with a rusty knife, indeed there's no better revenge than the one the blade offers.

....Do Malcador's armrests seem...odd?

they're too small to be the missing primarchs'!

they're too small to be the missing primarchs'!

they're too small to be the missing primarchs!'

DAMN YOU NEIL ROBERTS.

Noo, I'm the missing II legion myself! Damn you, myself!

Strangely enough, most of us here think they aren't worth it, but some of the experienced players who have their own podcasts think Phoenix Terminators are top-tier. Maybe they are once you're a half-decent player, but not if you're a n00b. But I'd get them anyway. They look great, and they're more highly regarded than the Charnabal Sabre guys.

Once the EC were declared traitor, wouldn't everyone else have felt free to use the aquila?

>implying Malcador doesn't know the ancient Terran secret of shrunken skulls

Uh, holy crap. Where's that image from?

In other news, podcasts... I tried listening to After Ullanor (the "book club" of 30k podcasts) and I don't really care for it. They go over EVERY LITTLE SCENE in every book, but they take them all at face value. Lots of recap, little analysis.

I like the Age of Darkness podcast's book reviews more. They only spend a portion of their podcast discussing a book, but they don't spend much time on the plot. It's all about themes and connections to other parts of the 30k universe. It's more interesting, imo.

Maybe he killed them as babies

Why? Palatines get to strike first almost everytime and have AP2 weapons that arent unwieldy, so why arent they worth it? Because the UM have better options? I dont get it.