Warhammer 40k General:

Spiky Marines Psychic Powers are Shit and we don't even know them yet Edition

>Rules databases
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

s1331.photobucket.com/user/KhadorBlood/media/Mobile Uploads/C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_14233799_10153865803568848_983888822_o_zps9hsqknrg.jpg.html
warhammer40klegends.com/home
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So did anyone get their Traitor's Hate early and want to spill the beans on the not-formations stuff? Pics on natfka/war-of-sigmar make it clear at least one or two people out there have em.

Do dedicated transport like venoms take up a fast attack slot in kill team?

I've met a number of people that contend that 40k Orks "can't be evil" because they don't understand it.

However if they didn't have any concept or understanding of morality, good/evil, etc... then why was the Commissar on armagedon allowed to live to provide a better fight another day?
Why do they keep slaves and get pleasure from pain?

They obviously have a concept of "for humans death and pain = bad".

No clue, but I want the deets on the psychic powers and (alleged) war gear/warlord traits?

No, that's why they're useful

by that logic chaos gods and daemons aren't evil as well

I'm trying to figure out a list for a Tyranid Kill Team before I buy the models and the main thing I have figured out is that I really want to use Hormagaunts, as I've always loved the model and Kill Team making them all single models units makes their instinctive behaviour a lot less painful, since at worst they will charge the nearest enemy.

What I want to know is - what would be better out of these 3 options?

3 Barebones Warriors, 3 barebones Hormagaunts and 3 barebones Gargoyles.

3 Warriors, one with a bio-cannon, one stock and one with Rending Claws, barebones Hormagaunts and a single Venomthrope

3 Warriors with more upgrades (probably 1 with a bio-cannon, one with a deathspitter and the third with Rending Claws and Flesh Hooks), then the rest of the points filed with Hormagaunts, with some Adrenal Glands and Toxin Sacs sprinkled around.

(I know that the most optimal Tyranid Kill Team would centre around Genestealers, but I've never liked how they look at all).

That can work and wouldn't be too bad, if you want to push it multimeltas are actually pretty cool too if the unit is dropping into an armor saturated area too. Alternatively the assault squads can be surprisingly good at taking out armor with access to a meltabomb, an eviscerator, and plasma pistols even though its not optimal. All in all the annihilation force can be pretty cool without going overboard but its still strong and as a formation suffers from having an optimal loadout so good you never see it taken any other way. I'd still swap it out for an orbital strike force though depending on what army you're playing because it can still be a bit overwhelming for a lot of armies.

They understand that krumpin' gitz is good for them. But they do understand that the git they krumped is now significantly worse off.

But Ork morality is such that the 'Good' thing is then to make sure that no git can krump you, because then nothing bad will ever happen. I don't think that there is Ork morality beyond personal morality.

People often come here for advice, sometimes they get it, sometimes they're insulted through image macros.

But even when they are given advice, that advice should be put into context. You give advice based on your own knowledge and experience of the game, and that experience is naturally coloured by your local scene.

This is why I think it's important to always

KNOW YOUR META

For example, my meta is:
Small store, 2 tables, both 4'x4', lots of terrain on both, a decent amount entirely blocks LOS.

This means that shooting armies aren't nearly as powerful, there's less room to move so Eldar aren't quite as OP, and assault armies are rather common - and usually effective!

If I were to give advice it'd be through this lens, and that's not going to be particularly helpful to someone who always plays on 6'x'4s with no terrain on them.

So, what's YOUR META?

Not 3 Hormagaunts or Gargoyles in my first option,, I was clearly in 3 mode.

I just need a re-up of the previous images. The data is gone already. Gotta capture stuff for chaos.

>what's YOUR META?
Sizable 6x4 tables, lots of terrain, not all of it blocks LOS. Local players don't WAAC it up, and expect the others to avoid doing that. Every army is represented, 30k is played by many of the players as well.

1: Bio cannons are both worthless in kill team. Blast weapons with middling strength and shit AP.

2: Take Shrikes instead of warriors, being able to move 12 is a huge step up.

Two 6x4 tables, one with dense city terrain with a ton of cover and a decent amount of buildings with intact bottom floors that block line of sight. The other a comparably barren plain with craters, woods, and debris.

They aren't. The Chaos Gods have positive traits associated with them, just as they have negative traits. For example, Nurgle represents both life and death. Khorne is about malice, but also courage.

>I just need a re-up of the previous images.
s1331.photobucket.com/user/KhadorBlood/media/Mobile Uploads/C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_14233799_10153865803568848_983888822_o_zps9hsqknrg.jpg.html

I'd honestly argue that Khorne isn't actively malicious at all.
It's just pure, blind fury that consumes everything, friend and foe.

new player here, r8 this
+++ New Roster (1000pts) +++

++ Orks: Codex (2014) (Combined Arms Detachment) ++

+ HQ +

Painboy

Warboss w/ Mega Armour [Bosspole, Gift: Da Lucky Stikk, Mega Armour, Power Klaw, Twin-linked Shoota, Warlord]

+ Elites +

Meganobz [Boss Meganob w/ Twin-linked Shoota, Meganob w/ Twin-linked Shoota, Meganob w/ Twin-linked Shoota]
Trukk [Big Shoota]

+ Troops +

Boyz
20x Boy [20x Slugga]

Boyz
10x Boy [10x Shoota]

+ Fast Attack +

Warbikers [4x Warbiker]
Warbiker Nob [Choppa]

Warbikers [4x Warbiker]
Warbiker Nob [Choppa]

+ Heavy Support +

Lootas [10x Loota]

Lootas [10x Loota]

the painboy goes with the 10 boyz, the boss with the 20. the lootas are slogging it
the manz try to get something done asap with the trukk

they used to be
as of now it's basically old lore that isn't officially squatted yet tier
i mean heck khorne used to be about fair combat
now he does't care were the blood comes from aka defenseless innocents, stabbing people in the back etc used to be off limits

Well shit, I guess they are still there. Not sure what link I was following. They do seem to be in a different order

Might be of some interest for anons in the UK:

warhammer40klegends.com/home

>Orks
>Black Templars
>Dark Eldar
>CSM

Why am I only attracted to factions that get shit on over and over.

I thought they canned that?

Whats up with that space marine's hips?? Sexy as fuck.

maybe you have bad luck, have you played the lottery lately?

i feel you

How can i make Rough Riders the best way, i would love to have some just concerned on the amount of kitbashing ive got too make.
Can anyone give tips on the kitbashing and good strategies for them?

they're last minute objective takers or used to sacrifice themselves to engage a unit for a turn

No, Khorne is a mindless beast of destruction and violence. Most of the sources agree on this.

And current lore says there is nothing noble or honourable about Khorne.

And Nurgle doesn't represent life or deaath. He uses disease to spread despair and recruit his followers.

>tfw Chaos fan
>Missed out on the Traitors Hate set
>There's a Mechanicus army but there will never be a Dark Mechanicus army

Life is suffering.

Either some cheapish melta or cheapish objective capping, do relatively well at charging shitty infantry, MEQ shred them on overwatch and don't care about losing the first round of combat too much so they're not great at their obvious target though.

Pistoliers is probably the best bet for the horse and legs, torso, weapons and head depend more on the regiment.

meta refers to armies played in area not your table ya turd

I wanna make a Farsight enclaves army, because I love that fuckers lore, and the idea of wielding tons of battlesuits.

Any tips?

Also, are battlesuits easy to magnetize, or can you just use bluetack to attack the various weapons?
I don't really want to glue stuff on to them, as they got so many options.

khorne isn't mindless, sometimes he gets butt hurt. like the time changeling put a nurgling on his throne when he wasn't looking or when he personally decapitated everyone on a planet after they signed a peace treaty

Run them up a flank to pressure enemy backline units or hold them back to countercharge enemy units that hit your line. If they can also mop up units that have been softened up on the charge then breakthrough after objectives. They're particularly fun while playing maelstrom or the emperor's will

Have the traitors hate relics wl traits been leaked yet?

>or when he personally decapitated everyone on a planet after they signed a peace treaty

best bit in the entire chaos dex
"end a war on MY watch will you???"

Easy to magnetize yeah, just get an electric dremel, 1/8th by 1/16th magnets and a bit in the same size.

Yeah, but do you even need to magnetize them?

Anyone know where to find good campaign rules?

>Squat
>Bretonia
>Warhammer Fantasy
>Necromunda
>Inquisitor
>Battlefleet Gothic
>Sisters of Battle
>Inquisition
>Black Templars

Get on my level of GW dicking you over.

It looks way nicer and is more permanent than bluetack. So technically you don't need to but I'd recommend it.

You forgot tomb kings

yes

It seems not. People have apparently seen them out in the wild, including a TV ad for it.

Didn't had an army of Tomb Kings.

Moved from a shitty small town with 100+ players to a huge college town with almost none.

WHAT THE FUCK?

Can you share the information, please?

ok

Not too bad. You won't be topping any tournaments, but hey Orks. It's pretty similar to how I like to run my boyz. Minus the bikes. I'm not a fan of bikes in general, but they are one of the strongest choices in our book.

Play some games and see how you like it, and make adjustments from there. 10 man boyz squads are just asking to punch themselves in the face and run off the table though, painboy or no. Maybe put the painboy with the Warboss and the sluggas.

Vidya games user. Vidya and alcohol. College kids don't understand much beyond that. Gotta use those 40k games to bait the ones with enough of a brain to search our the 40ks. Then and only then will you get players.

Oh my sweet summer child.

The things you could learn.

7 huge tables with plenty of placable terrain. Lots of LoS-keeping terrain so most units get the chance to go for 4+ cover, yet generally little LoS-blocking terrain. No Eldar and most everyone plays with unfinished models, and no one gets butthurt over it. It's the least cancerous store I know, and the scene for other games are great too. The meta encourages alpha strikes and decurions to be competitive, but CADs with tactical objectives are common.
Most everyone plays Space Marines, IG or Chaos Space Marines. There are about less than 10 xenos players (including me).

Even the "nerd clubs" are just COD kiddies and anime faggots

You know, 40k really is not a sign of fucking intelligence.

Yeah, that's Age of Sigmar players, 40k is for idiots.

It's not, but the people that migrate from vidya to tabletop tend to be a little smarter than the rest of the pack.

"Meta" refers to the gaming scene in general, not just what armies people play.

A SM/Necron/Tau on dense-terrain boards is going to play very differently than a SM/Necron/Tau with low-terrain boards.

I hate the supporting fire special rule that the Tau have.
It makes no fucking sense, in the way that the Tau are the ONLY faction, that does that sort of shit.

Why wouldn't for example, Marines or Eldar, also be able to shoot at enemies that are charging at their allies?

>It's not, but the people that migrate from vidya to tabletop tend to be a little smarter

True, but most of them still build their identity on being a gamer. That is not good.

I mean, I like vidya and tabletop, and I play a lot. But it's not how I want to identify as a person.

Dan Abnetts new Eisenhorn story (Keeler Image) got released a while ago from BL - does anyone have a epub etc?

I'm desperate n stuff for this.

Yes. Absolute yes.
a) bluetack would like like shit unless your entire army is unpainted WIP
b) Tau have the most options of any army, and crisis suits are the definition of this. A crisis suit can be tooled for any role (keep in mind you want one-two roles for each suit/squad MAX; if you try to make them do everything they will fail at everything) and magnets make the whole process easy and professional looking.

hmm. should i do something with the 10 man boyz then? maybe cut them for grots and use the points elsewhere?

The same reason they can't shoot at enemies who aren't charging their allies. They already got a chance to do it during their own shooting phase and aren't special snowflakes like Tau.

Really it's probably because Tau are WS2.

The most bullshit part of it is markerlights

Markerlights increase BS on overwatch, so I can fire at you hitting on 2-3's if my pathfinders are close

I say this as a tau player, there should be a restriction on using markerlights in overwatch

i wonder, are the tau aware just how bad they are at cqc and that everyone in universe mocks them for this?

Exactly.
Tau having such bs special rules is annoying as fuck.
Even the Eldar battle focus rule is not as great bs as Tau special rules tend to be.

Market lights are another example of utter bullshit.
The fact that you can stack that shit up to grant BS FUCKING 10 on units is inexcusable.
Marketlight bonuses should not stack.
Shooting a target that has been tagged by a market light should just grant the unit shooting at the target a flat 1 or 2 at most + to their ballistic skill, or ignore cover etc.
As they are now, they are total bs.

I'm going to bring this to my first large tournament in a while. How badly can I expect to get my teeth kick in?

+++ 1850pts +++
++ Dark Eldar CAD ++
+ HQ +
Succubus, Archite glave, Haywire grenades, Armor of misery

+ Elites +
4 Incubi, Klaivex (Joined by Succubus)
Venom, 2 Splinter cannons

5 Trueborn, 4 Blasters

5 Trueborn, 4 Blasters

+ Troops +
10 Warriors, Splinter cannon
Raider, Dark lance, Splinter wracks

10 Warriors, Splinter cannon
Raider, Dark lance, Splinter wracks

+ Fast Attack +
6 Reavers, 2 Heatlances, 2 Cluster caltrops

5 Scourge, 4 Haywire blasters

+ Heavy Support +
Ravager, 3 Dark Lances

Ravager, 3 Dark Lances

Ravager, 3 Disintegrator Cannons

++ Craftworld Eldar Allied Detachment ++
+ HQ +
Farseer, Bike, Singing spear, Spirit stone of anath'lan

+ Troops +
4 Windriders, 4 Scatter lasers

honestly looks as good as deldar can get, and the eldar allies are a good idea too. youre gonna have to outplay some of the other races but you can win some games

Is it about

Radical Inquisitor: Greetings Eisenhorn! I have found a way to banish Necrons, Tyranids and Daemons from our Galaxy!

Eisenhorn: I can't let you do that

?

That's Mechanicum you daemon fucker.
Bleep boop, not *Daemon screeching*, okay?

Isn't Eisenhorn radical now?

Yes, but this other Inquisitor was even more radical and Eisenhorn could not have him doing that shit

Radical with good intentions (well aren't they all...) and not with any _overt_ corruption.

Has a daemonhost though,

The Changeling is one of my favorite characters. Shame they went with fantasy rules and made it shitty.

yeah, but hey he helped prank the dark angels that one time

I posted this before, but a few friends and I were going to purchase some 40k stuff (I haven't played since 4th edition)

I was bullied into getting Space Marines (not even joking)

Would it be worth considering getting Death Watch over a regular Marine force?

Are Death Watch good?

Could someone give me a list of the must read novels/series for 40k please?

Dont buy an army you dont want to play man

pick what seems good to you otherwise you will never find the motive to model/play

I rate The Beast Arises series desu. David Annadale is pretty dope. He even made the most boring one interesting.

hey guys, bringing 1000 points of harlequins against a tau infantry list, hoping to be more murder than clown here

Harlequins 999/1000

Cast Of Players Formation: (333 points)

Harlequin troupe w 9 players + troupe master (193 points)
3 players w Kiss
1 troupe master with embrace

Shadowseer: (ML2) 85 points

Deathjester: 60 points

3 players w Kiss

3 players w Kiss

>I was bullied into getting Space Marines
Bully them the fuck back. God damn.

>I was bullied into getting Space Marines (not even joking)
? ? ?

>bullied

I'm sorry user. Who did this to you? How old are you?

But Death Watch aren't a codex per se, they're an ally force for people who want to use Marines, but don't want to have them as a main army. So for IG/Inquisition/SoB etc. Also the Watch Captain is an amazing model.

reposting the list

1500 POINTS CSM DECURION

>CSM WARBAND
>chaos lord of khorne, juggernaught, axe of blind fury, aura of dark glory, melta bomb
>5 marines, melta, rhino
>5 marines, melta, rhino
>3 terminators, power weapons, combiflamer
>5 raptors, 2 meltas
>5 iron havocs, 4 missile launchers
>AUXILIARY
>4 spawns
>TERMINATOR ANNIHILATION FORCE
>terminator sorcerer, lvl 2, spell familiar, burning brand of skhalatrax
>4 terminators, 4 combimeltas, 3 power weapons and 1 chainfist
>4 terminators, 4 combimeltas, 3 power weapons and 1 chainfist
>4 terminators, 4 combiplasmas, 3 power weapons and 1 chainfist

>I was bullied into getting Space Marines (not even joking)

What? Please tell me this is bait, or you have such terrible spaghetti control you rival Italy for production per hour

We play on 6×4 tables, and every faction except dark eldar has one or more players. Most of us love a lot of terrain, and there's enough LoS blocking terrain to make close combat viable but not broken.

Being the sperglord I am, I overthink the game and play the game like it's chess, and even when I being a shit list I stomp on anyone not using a tournament list or orks, for some reason. Any pointers?

So what's coming this week for our favourite company to hate?

someone got any leaks regarding the traitors hate relics?

Rumors are we are getting new Blood Angel stuff.

>amazing model
Once you swap his head for a helmet, yeah.

Tell your friends to go fuck themselves, and then go buy the army you like. You'll only regret it otherwise.

and now it all may as well not have happened.

If it isn't Death Company Terminators, then I'll sudokuing my harri kirri.

Looks Pretty Fukken Neeto

While it's stupid as fuck to be giving marines who are expected to die in battle as a final hurrah armour that's difficult to replace even for the first founding chapter that's bros4lyfe with the admech, that would be a really cool option.

Fluff Termi armor is freaking hard to destroy without heavy ordinance. They could use them like the 30k WE Butcher squads and TP them in then let them go nuts

what does the terminator formation do?

DEATH COMPANY TERMINATORS

BECAUSE WE CAN AFFORD TO THROW AWAY PRICELESS RELICS ON SUICIDE MISSIONS

no but seriously, we're not CSM