EDH/Commander General

Best waifu edition

Old thread: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
magiccards.info

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/budget-glissa-infect/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/a-vicious-cycle/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/george-w-bosh-and-the-myrs/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/volrath-the-inneficient/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-untold-story-of-the-golden-fang/
strawpoll.me/11176417
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/01-09-16-memnarch-madness/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You posted wrong waifu op

Based on last thread

Karlov
Ayil
Trostrani

Convince me which life gain general to use to drop watertowers on people and take advantage of life gain shenanigans.

My lovely deck built around pic related.

Ayli is better than Karlov generally speaking I believe. I don't know how Tristan factors in. I never considered them a dedicated lifegain commanders but I presume they incidentslly gain a lot of life so.

Alyi sees too much hate
Karlov at least has some life gain.
Trostani could be fun with the servos.

I'd personally say Trostani because tokens are fun

>Had Bruna, Light of Alabaster altered
>Bought Bruna playmat too.
>Played her for a good two years. Decided to disassemble her, still keep thr alter around.
>EMS comes out
>mfw not only monster waifu but dead monster waifu

It still hurts

Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim.

Build Clerics with the ol' Daru Spiritualist + Nomads En-Kor + Starlit Sanctum that Life.dec used to run on. Because Legacy combos are fun, right?

Looking for advice on this relatively budget Glissa infect deck.
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/budget-glissa-infect/

Made some slight changes from last time. I can't buy a Sol Ring at my LGS, and I'm kinda hesitant on purchasing a Contagion Engine, so here is what I have so far.

Looking for advice regarding anything I have in the Maybeboard that should be removed and forgotten, or added into the deck, or other things which may be of use.

oktfw bro ;_;

Tips for hypnotoad? I've got a few cards like Jarrad and shaman, what other besides crucible and downward temple would work well, preferably cheap options

Nothing beats coldeyes.

Wizards just can't seem to go a set without fucking up the things I love.

Post em

>shaman
Are you talking about Loaming Shaman? Why?
Are you trying to get your lands back into your deck from your yard? Why would you want to do that?
Also, if you don't have a Noose Constrictor/Wild Mongrel in there, you should.

I kind of want to build a deck around one of the vanilla commanders from the Legends set for fun. There any interesting builds that don't actually need a commander at all to do fun shit?

How would I go about building a non-zombie tribal grimgrin? While I have enough zombies to maybe make it worth my while, I don't have a lot of the more expensive staples. In general I was thinking card draw and removal.dek with sneaky Lazav, Geth, Velka, and Havengul Lich.

Pic related was made for Gitrog.
Also get a Life From the Loam if you can.

Cartographer, Stoic Builder, Grim Discovery, Terravore, Realms Uncharted, Worm Harvest, Harrow, Centaur Vinecrasher, Splendid Reclamation, Sudden Reclamation, Grisly Salvage, Hermit Druid
If you wanna splurge a bit, there's also Life from the Loam and Titania.

This is the Horde of Notions deck
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/a-vicious-cycle/

Does this work how I think it does? Can I do 26 damage to each creature , and then use repercussion to finish the game?

Desperate gambit is totally retarded here, since everybody with at least 2 or 3 creatures will die to blasphemous act + repercussions, and that combo is hard enough to pull of that risking 50% chance that it fails is just beyond retarded, like so unbelievably retarded you should quit magic right now and never come back

Mind putting Bosh up?

here
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/george-w-bosh-and-the-myrs/

Death rite shaman fool, to use up some lands I don't need late game.

But user

Double the damage

Use Furnace of Rath instead of Desperate Gambit.

>Desperate Gambit
Why wouldn't you just go with a sure thing?

But user

I'm just trying to save you from feeling really stupid when you ruin your own combo for no reason

Get a Krark's Thumb in that shit too, go for even more jank

If you want a cheaper version, charge up a Quest.

>Spike detected
it would still be more memorable, and if it works, then it's
double damage

>Running those ho's over the big pimp dick of Orzhov

This edit is actually great, but the resolution of the original image and the formatting are fucking garbage.
How did you even manage that?

What needs to go into a Teysa Voltron deck?

Angels always get fucked in every plane they inhabit. I think it's mainly because they're all women.

>more memorable

You got me there

I'm not likely to forget the time a drooling retard had the game in the bag but decided to flip a coin, heads he gets literally nothing, tails he loses

By saving it from the guy who fucked that image up, hell if I know.

But on a more reasonable note, Karlov works a lot better than Ayli for using the Aetherflux Reservoir since it's more lifegain triggers per turn, and if you're already using Extort that's doubling the amount of triggers from just the spells being played. Doesn't mean you shouldn't run Ayli in Karlov too.

>want to build Rashmi
>have no good green cards or the mana base to make her work
>no money to spend on stupid cardboard

Life is suffering.

Just make a 100% proxy deck

Right down to the basic lands

It costs like $5 at the copy/printer store

proxy everything, play for fun, if someone tells you are being a fag for playing proxies just ask him if he would like to receive a BJ from you.

>tfw the red Gearhulk is going to be either shitty burn or an overcosted Act of Treason

get a job hippie

>tfw red's slice of the color pie is so shitty and small that people don't even know what to hope for, they only have differing levels of dread for what it will be

Blame Wizards for limiting Red's design space so much. Honestly the best we can hope for is either a wheel effect or being "free" by adding its cost in pure R on ETB.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/volrath-the-inneficient/

Or worse yet: 3RR haste 4/4
When ______ enters the battlefield, exile the top card of your library. Until end of turn, you may play that card.

>yfw it's an ETB Kiki-Jiki with haste

OK user,, how about this : I FORK the desperate gambit for twice the risk and QUADRUPLE the damage

Tfw you'll never get a krark's thumb on legs to run as a commander for a coin flip deck.

It hurts

Yo, post that Karrthus deck. I need dragons less powerful than Scion or Prossh, my group is too casual for them, and I'm too lazy to make my own.

It's really tough, though. I don't blame them. Giving the color with burn access to anything can be a recipe for disaster. Red design is boring, sure, but at the same time Mono Red Burn/Aggro is the most consistently powerful singleplayer deck archetype since the inception of Magic.

The problem is they've pidgeon holed all colors so much that their design spaces are all super limited. The only one that's allowed to do anything is blue because they all love blue, but everyone else has to stick to their limitations.

The fuck does red even have at this point?
>Burn
>Weenies
>Combat buffs
>Sometimes cool artifact shit but usually just blowing them up

>Sometimes copying spells on the stack but not anymore because that's complicated
>Land destruction not allowed because that gives people a case of the feel-bads

Was anyone able to figure out a deck with pic related, he always seemed interesting but I never saw a deck that really worked for him.

Any chance of seeing your Memnarch deck?

>but not anymore because that's complicated
Zada and Mirrorwing Dragon are two recent cards that beg to differ. I, for one, hope they continue printing cards like those, ideally at lower rarities

I had a friend who used Arjun, Psychosis Crawler, and wheel effects (I think) to basically draw through his whole deck and kill everyone else in the process. Don't remember the exact way he did it, though.

Dumb question, with this card, can I use activated abilities of cards IN graveyards? Like, say, tymaret in the graveyard wanting to Sac a creature on the field, to return himself to my hand.

I dunno.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-untold-story-of-the-golden-fang/

This guy's Tasigur deck look any good? Prophet of Kruphix aside of course.

How about you fork yourself in the butthole

Read his second ability

Now answer your question

Threaten effects and wheels are also super neato things red does.

I personally suspect it's either burn or that new exile-as-draw deal. Hopefully it's at least until end of NEXT turn.

rummaging/wheel effects
that shitty exile the top card mechanic
making creatures not able to block
making one turn hasty copies
threaten effects
mana ritual spells
random shit and coin flips
dragons and phoenixes

Pic related and Thought Reflection to double your hand each time you play a spell.
Niv Mizzet, Psychosis Crawler, Diviner's Wand, and Laboratory Maniac as wincons.
Then the rest of the deck is spell slinger control.

Assault suit + endrek sahr doesn't work

What is there to figure out? He draws lots of cards

104.4b. If a game that’s not using the limited range of influence option (including a two-player game) somehow enters a “loop” of mandatory actions, repeating a sequence of events with no way to stop, the game is a draw. Loops that contain an optional action don’t result in a draw.

I would love a Wheel. But Standard already has a repeatable one on Chandra, Flamecaller so I don't think they'd introduce another

I feel like this should be in the OP, it comes up a lot.

So are you saying he plays with the limited range of influence option?

Hey so I have bunch of cards from Origins, drafts, a good chunk of soi/emn draft and am going to build up a pretty big library of conspiracy 2 draft stuff. Add that to those Clash packs they did with the coCos and DroCos and what kind of edh build do you think I should go for.

I was thinking white weenie with anafenza or flip gideon as the commander.

Or, as another user from threads past more eloquently put it:

"
State based actions, when you have 7 or more thrulls, you have to sacrifice him. But you aren't allowed to, but the game keeps saying you cannot continue until you sacrifice him. It's basically a paradox which causes the game to end in a tie.
"

strawpoll.me/11176417

Hello former Standard player

Do not build decks with draft fodder. You will hate yourself

None of them.

Should my double sleeved edh deck look like a single sleeved Battle of Wits deck?

I have a friend who calls Drana's ability "wicking", and it pisses me off for how stupid it is to say that. I hate that faggot sometimes.

Is he a runner, by chance?

>Calling it wicking
>not "nutted, but she still sucking"

Sure man. It's nothing fancy, but it gets the job done. I'm currently using an edit with mindslaver, Newlamog, Ulamog, Kozy and NuKozy because I have some bitchin' Newlamog sleeves.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/01-09-16-memnarch-madness/

just keep calling different activated abilities silly names. see how out of control it gets.
"I activate evolving wilds' pocket"
"I shimmer with my flickerwisp"
"roundabout my crackleburr"
"sory you can't block him now, whispersilk gives him sneaky steps."

Thanks. How's Jalira fared for you?

Is Ball Lightning worth a slot in Hidetsugu?

10/10, I couldn't be happier. I had a variant with 4 legendary creatures, and consistently it would hit something like Void Winnower, or Wurmcoil. It`s also particularly good if you gain control of an opponent`s creature with Memnarch. If you can hit top/any of the cantrips first, it`s even better.

no

I've only met ONE drana player (old drana)

>community college
>group of 15 or so guys filter through really spacious "tabletop club" room to play edh throughout day (was a classroom that wasn't being used that semester)
>I join a starting match
>across from me is a large man
>if I had to guess, 300-350 lbs
(1/2)

>want to build something really strong to act as a total Archenemy deck
>worry about starting an arms race
Fuck

No, hes a fat fuck. Do you think people who play magic run?

I once had to explain to a guy how certain abilities were "triggered" abilities that worked in certain ways and could be responded to etc. He then started describing everything he did as "triggering" something, e.g.,
>I trigger my Evolving Wilds and get an Island with it
it was pretty funny, but once we started imitating him and describing creatures trading as their power "triggering" on each other he got the point and stopped
I think I'll steal some of those, though

One guy I play with plays soccer and and another guy is built like a linebacker

So there are active Magic players

"My vampire's tromple effect activates"
"I clang my temple bell"
"My vampire bops your thopter with it's slapshot, then I'll jig you for three. My jig sputters up Exquisite blood, and I'll spool it out to you."

Not him, but one dude in my playgroup is a professional football (or soccer as murrikans would call it) coach, so yeah.

(2/2)

>large man announces as we are finishing shuffling: "heh, drana is the best commander here. Easily"
>one of the other spergs asks him in an annoyed tone "and why's that? "
I shit you not, what he says next actually happened, word for word
>"she's the *sexiest* waifu in ALL of Magic: The Gathering! Your guys' commanders all fuggin suck!"
He then laughed really hard, while the rest of the table just kinda awkwardly stared.

He ended up getting salty and scooping because his commander was taken by like control magic or something, and he stomped away saying something along the lines of "only I can have Drana!"

Seriously?

Man it seems like edh would be ideal for that.

What exactly am i supposed to build an edh deck from?

Fake, since you split it into two parts for no reason.

ordering cards online
buying from your LGS if they're not shitty and you want to support them

GL

>He ended up getting salty and scooping because his commander was taken by like control magic or something, and he stomped away saying something along the lines of "only I can have Drana!"
>not running sac outlets so that only you can have her
he deserved what he got