"Your Majesty, there is rumor throughout the land that a god from the heavens has descended...

"Your Majesty, there is rumor throughout the land that a god from the heavens has descended, and is flying about performing miracles and doing good deeds for the people and neighboring kingdoms."

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BlrjHLnNzAo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

"But I'm meant to be the hero!"

Better have him killed before he starts a religion.

"Bring me the head of the holy man."

This seems unwise.

Veeky Forums is well acquainted with magic, which still effects Superman in the normal way.
Throw a single Polymorph, save or die, or serious debilitating effect at him to end the threat.

>save or die
>Its a con save
>Its a reflex save

No it seems like the best fucking idea. What kind of a crap-tastic god keels over at the sight of green rocks, or gets rekt by a fucking magic missile spell from the most rank fucking amateur?

On the other hand, I DO owe him for the idea I just had.

GUYS! We're making a religion based around me. It basically involves, do as I say or die and right now, I want a fucking gladiator fight to the death for my amusement and/or ultimate power. Chop chop!

>trusting details in rumors in a fantasy land
>believing its superman, when its actually captain marvel

Send the court wizard to investigate

"He could kill us all. If there's even a one percent chance he could decided to wipe us out, then he has to die."

He doesn't get rekt by a magic missile (nobody does, it can take multiple magic missiles to kill a mundane human peasant), he shrugs it off like anything else.

He however has no special defenses against ploymorphing or things that drain life force or anything like that. Except for being so fast he can throw you into space before you've completed a single syllable of your magical incantation.

"A god? Then let us cut him to see if he bleeds!"

This guy gets it

who would he throw into space?

What does he know of magic or discerning the origin of a spell in a crowded marketplace where there are dozens of languages being spoken. most if not all of which are unfamiliar to him.

>thinking magic will wreck superman

>discerning the origin of a spell in a crowded marketplace where there are dozens of languages being spoken. most if not all of which are unfamiliar to him.
This dude hears people whispering from across the world. I think he could figure it out.

I remember a comic with constantine and a bunch of random casters, and superman getting wrecked by magic.

Wasn't there that one capcom game or whatever where they decided magic fuqqed superman? Or at least affected him as it would other people.

Mostly because like half the cast used it.

Why would you whisper? How would he figure it out? Again, one thousand voices, all in languages he does not know.

What is there about the recitation of a given spell that would help him to pick it out?

The magic he is familiar with is very different from most roleplaying setting magic.

Saying shit backward for gods sakes.

Superman has several times been shown to be VERY vulnerable to magic - this is why captain marvel will beat him every time.

>thinking magic will wreck superman

But it will. Any spell that works against Jimmy Olsen also works against Superman. Turn him into a frog, cut him with a dagger than can pierce the skin of any mortal man, hypnotize him, whatever.

All you need is one fucker who does his spells silently. Even barring D&D feats there's probably some shitty backwoods witch practice that doesn't deal with things like words.

>It is actually DOOM, RULER OF LATVERIA

Came here to post this

There's also spells that don't have a verbal component to them.

Time to join his invading armies, then.

youtube.com/watch?v=BlrjHLnNzAo

Nonesense! Only I as the King have authority to do good deeds for the people! We must destroy him before he becomes more popular then myself!

>What kind of a crap-tastic god keels over at the sight of green rocks,

Oh gee I don't know? What sort of pleb tier god get rekt by a feather with a bit of poison on it? What sort of trashtastic god get pwnd by a bit of snake venom? What sort of tardgod allows themselves to get chained to the torture rock?

"Truly? That sounds fantastic! I must meet this super man."

"...why do we have to fight him, Archmage? Is he not a hero to be celebrated?"

He's not VULNERABLE to magic, he just has no resistance to it. That's not the same thing. A fireball doesn't deal fantastically more damage to him than it would to a normal Kryptonian under red sunlight.

Which is important to remember - it affects him as though he were a red-sunlight-lit Kryptonian, not as though he were human. Kryptonians under red sunlight are still tougher and stronger than humans under yellow sunlight.

It's our moral obligation to kill this nigh-omnipotent being that has done nothing but good and asked for nothing but privacy in return because what if he's actually though

Dude hears everyone everywhere at all times. The first thing he learned how to do is block it all out except for certain voices or certain words or phrases.

Wish people would stop forcing DIO into everything. Yes, we know it's just like, 3 guys.

"For the neighboring kingdoms you say? Time to claim he works for us then. They'll try to kill him for us."

Shall I put together a Legion to oppose him, King Luthor?

>Dio

Rolled 1 + 18 (1d20 + 18)

I cast Eldritch Blast, it's untyped, unresistable damage

I don't think you've been reading comic books for a very long time.

And that offers no indication that he will be able to understand where a spell is coming from in languages he doesn't understand.

Please, find the one korean hailing a cab in a market full of koreans, chinese, russians, french, italians, and rwandans.

I'm certain you will have fabulous luck with your complete lack of comprehension. ecen knowing what hailing a cab looks like.

Superman has no idea what casting soul jar looks like.

Really, good show old boy!
Do! dispatch a messenger inviting him to dinner.

Fabbo! Fabbo! where is that damnable elf... Ah, where you are! We're having a gala for this new god, do whip something up.

Oh and have Grunk, mix up something nasty, just increase you understand.

Aye, sir.

You mildly annoy him. Even with those modifiers you rolled a fucking 1 you sack of shit.

He's actually right.

This would trigger the player playing our fighter has an extreme vendetta against Supes for being so stronk that there's not really a reason to think he'll ever lose aside from something like "I have literally the entire galaxy hostage"

"and in our own city, at the very centre of our kingdom, a red flash appears just in time to aid our citizens in times of great need."
"this is a age of miracles, inquisitor Waller and I thank the gods ever day that those miracles have not become monsters."

He beat the shit out of Captain Marvel several times, though.

Anyway, he's not weak to magic, he has the same resistance anyone does to it. So, since we seem to be assuming D&D here, what level is Superman? That would be mostly what determines his save or die chanced against magic.

>What does he know of magic
Theres plenty of wizards in the dc universe m8

Superman's powers come from his species, and as far as I'm aware the currently canon depiction of him hasn't really gained new powers/abilities through experience over time, just plot-related developments that don't stick around.

So, best I can think of is he's a level 1 Kryptonian, which has LA +30 and five pages of racial bonuses.

I do know, however, that he's demonstrated a substantial ability to resist effects which can be opposed by willpower alone. So, while his race doesn't grant a bonus to that save specifically, he's clearly got a strong natural modifier from his base stats.

>superman
>gets thrown into speedforce
>gets rekt
>can be killed
>no resistance to magic
>god

He actually has learned stuff, and his powers got stronger over time.

none of which use magic even remotely similar to that in any RP system I've played. "Say that shit backward, it'll happen" "hold out your arms, make a magic ankh appear, make shit happen by chanting the same thing repeatedly"

"Say a stupid rhyme in english with some archaic references to mythology"

and even though he has been exposed to them he hasn't studied with any of them - because it is pretty evident magic can be learned by anyone in DC, and for some weird reason superman, in spite of his mary sue intellect hasn't even tried to learn a single protective cantrip.

Now convolute it by throwing it into a language and social context within which he is unfamiliar.

He isn't going to recognize shit.

He won't be able to identify a caster unless they want to be recognized or are casting an incredibly obvious spell.

Magic usually can't be learned by just everybody in DC. They've got a weird "homo magi" subspecies who can wield it directly (Zatanna, Zatara), and for everyone else they have to use magical talismans (Doctor Fate and the Helm of Nabu) or basically learn pacts and ritual magic (Constantine).

And then there's the fact that magic throughout the rest of the universe has gone away. You have the Guardians to thank for that, sealing it away into the Starheart - which is what gave Green Lantern Alan Scott (the original Green Lantern character) his powers.

Even if we say he has Paladin tier saving throws, he can't succeed on all of them. D&D style settings are the worst possible place for Superman, too many entirely magical threats.

Hell, one Night Hag that was somehow able to find him wherever he sleeps and he can't sleep well ever again and eventually dies since he has no access to the Ethereal Plane.

I dunno, man...

>"Say that shit backward, it'll happen"
Zatanna does *NOT* need to speak backwards to cast a spell. She does it as a concentration exercise. She can cast silently, but by speaking backwards, her brain has something to focus on and not be distracted by other stimuli.

>"Say a stupid rhyme in english with some archaic references to mythology"
Etriggan does it because he's a demon with flair and a +5 CHA. A pissed-off Etrigan is a silent, invisible, magic batman who summons 1d100 bloodsucking demons to deal with your shit.

>superman, in spite of his mary sue intellect hasn't even tried to learn a single protective cantrip.
In the JL comics, he's got magical wards from both Raven and Zatanna. But they don't really work because it requires 'belief' in magic, which supes lacks because he's a true-blooded catholic raised in smallville.

The biggest baddest wizard to ever beat the ever living shit out of superman is John Constantine, which hilariously, in D&D terms is a 3rd level bard, but he beat supes using a 1st level illusion spell (silent image) and a fucking high bluff check.

Use will saves.
How many time has the boy scout been brainwashed?

But Superman's main weakness, besides Kryptonite, is magic. Seriously, every time he and Captain Marvel duke it out, Supes gets his ass handed to him.

Yep, Supes has high Ref and Fort, but he's got a poor will save and a flat 0 Wis to boot.

Batman is bullshit though.
>All high saves
>full BAB
>proficient with all martial weapons
>all skills are class skills for him
>no dump stat (except maybe CHA but thats debatable)

Hey remember the time Batman hid his psychic presence from martian manhunter?
remember the time Batman threw a batarang at Green Arrow's arrow midflight?
remember the time he beat Deathstroke 1 on 1 when the rest of the JL was fodder?
remember the time he broke Green Lantern by scaring the shit out of him?
remember the time he outbluffed Darkseid in a mutually assured destruction?

Because he's the goddamn batman?

>John Constantine, which hilariously, in D&D terms is a 3rd level bard

Bullshit. Constantine knows pact magic and can use rituals. He's a wizard or warlock. He just has really good charisma and actually invested in diplomacy and bluff.

>>All high saves
>>full BAB
>>proficient with all martial weapons
>>all skills are class skills for him
>>no dump stat (except maybe CHA but thats debatable)

You just described the Factotum.

>Hey remember the time Batman hid his psychic presence from martian manhunter?
I read that comic! Jonnz lost batman's psychic presence because he shifted to his Bruce Wayne persona, further cementing the notion that Batman is crazy.

>remember the time Batman threw a batarang at Green Arrow's arrow midflight?
Green Arrow, Hawkman and the Atom are Justice Leagues' eternal jobbers. What else is new?

>remember the time he beat Deathstroke 1 on 1 when the rest of the JL was fodder?
Powerlevel in comicbooks is stupid, we know. In the batman comics, he gets his shit handed to him by Bane. In the JL comics, he's fighting on a good pace against Doomsday.

I love comic books

Strictly speaking, speaking backwards, or writing backwards, is Zatanna's focus. Etrigan's rhyming is due to his place in DC's Hellish hierarchy.

His most notorious conflict with Captain Marvel, Kingdom Come, has him winning. Though there aren't many actual Captain Marvel/Superman fights at all.

You left out the time that Batman beat four White Martians single-handed.

Vertigo Constantine can't be statted using D&D if you stick to the rules. You'd have an easier time trying to stat DCU Constantine, he'd be a low-level wizard/bard multiclass, but you still need a bunch of houseruling to properly portray him.

He's gotten training against mental attacks, so his will is pretty high now as well.

Don't forget how he keeps pulling his disappearance act on Superman, who can see through walls and hear anything.

I like to think of it as Clark playing along with it to preserve Bruce's self esteem

I mean, the dude already stays away from Gotham so he doesn't instantly wreck Batman's villains for him

When he doesn't it tends to come out worse for either Superman or the world at large anyway. Probably a good call.

You don't have to.
If he has stats he also can bleed.

>The biggest baddest wizard to ever beat the ever living shit out of superman is John Constantine

The biggest baddest wizard(technically he is a wizard)to ever beat on Superman is Captain Marvel

And away from Star City and away from Coast City and away from Central City and away from Blüdhaven and away from New York and...

Plus, there's also a few times where Superman actively looks for Batman when he does that, and can't find him.

Well he can't be a god. God's have better fashion sense.

Reminds me of one comic I read a while ago where Batman and Superman trade cities for a while. The crooks in metropolis get hyped at first hearing that Sup's gone and some normal dude in a costume is taking his place.

When they switch back, the first mugger Superman catches breaks into a big smile and says "Oh thank God, you're back. That other guy's crazy."

I do remember an episode of the JL cartoon where Bats is either dead or sick so supes needs to take over for him and does an insanely good job of it.

I'd love to see the result of that being the night that Bane tried to break the bat.

>Oh god my knee!

Well, they are not wrong. Supes is into it for justice and law and goodness. Batman is into it because he's got issues. Lots and lots of issues.

So long as I am king, no other king or god shall rule the hearts and minds of my subjects. Bring me his head. Both of them.

>A God? Dont be preposterous, he seems like a regular nova to me, albeit one with abnormally large quantum.
>lets send a project utopia recruiter down to make contact.