Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Friendly reminder to tell us what 3pp your game allows if you need character building help.

How does your character spend their free time?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warriors playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1dX4UYdtwTQKhY71Q45IHLtcu193zq1ZO5jHQ5_PnTl8/edit

Bloodforge: Infusions playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit

Legendary Vigilantes playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1XlHjDwIEGVMpGSk3mQ8bOwyMQXLR6nLIF94qm0VwXBg/edit?usp=sharing
i.gyazo.com/5a4551f013b3088660c3e00624ec0a41.png
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I don't have a character...someone give me a game, please!

That's a fair point, but its going to be messy to adjudicate and I don't feel like writing that into the rules.

Mm, I totally forgot about the Witch class. Even so, they get their spells in a way that's decidedly different from the thematics of the spellburst savant, and the magpie mage archetype exists to make someone who poaches more spells doable.

Out of curiosity, is there some concept you're specifically looking for here, or just an alternate list? I would just consider asking your DM to allow a different list if it's for a game. After all, this is just a particularly fancy homebrew.

Nonetheless, there's some room for some ACFs as a result in a necessary layout shift when trying to add /one/ ACF, so I'm going to add some new stuff. Might do something for witchcraft.

>join a roll20 campaign.
>never done this online roleplaying before.
>Make a half-orc unchained monk because it's easy and even if the GM is shit he can't take my gear away.
>Join in first game
>Find out one of the other players is playing an female elf oracle of Calistra and plans to become an Enchanting Courtesan
>The character has the child curse
>10 minutes into the game the oracle starts hitting on my character
>Says my half-orc must be 'big'.

WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO? I thought you guys were just messing when you said everyone in roll20 was playing fetish characters. Is this actually normal? How am I supposed to respond to this?

Ah, haven't seen those yet. I'll look into them as well
Are you talking about another homebrew? Was it posted in here? You might be talking about my other homebrewed archetype. I've made some changes to it since to balance it out and smooth gameplay with it.

What's your experience level?

Do it.

Probably not wise to ask; might get something like .

Make it clear to the player that you're not comfortable with that kind of shit.

Yes, your homebrew stuff. Post it, please.

In-particular, the concept I was thinking of was a character that steadily gains power from their god's divine portfolio; less width, more depth. A Divine Spellburst Savant wouldn't learn how to Gate in Solar Devas or Raise Dead, but could instead focus on their deity's domain over farmland and safety and expand upon it greatly; Maximized Catastrophic Plant Growth, for instance.

Spoiler alert: The Sovereign Blade is terrible.

Yojimbo does what it's supposed to do to a point.

Midrange, versed enough to know what I'm doing, but not enough to know "Optimal" builds off the top of my head.

docs.google.com/document/d/1XlHjDwIEGVMpGSk3mQ8bOwyMQXLR6nLIF94qm0VwXBg/edit?usp=sharing
This is the most current version.

Hmm. Yeah, I think that that's something I would not want to use the base chassis of this class for. Might just be personal preference, but I would do very different things with a concept like that than I did with the spellburst savant, and it's not in the cards for this particular homebrew.

Sorry.

>someone give me a game
Scarlett Noir Dragoon.

Alchemical Scoundrel update

>Added Inspiring Cognatogens to alchemical scoundrel

I think combining it with inquisitive detective could be very powerful, but at the same time, I think I'm okay with it since normal mutagen would allow them much more attack buffs, and also add to damage more.

They're a child. Treat them like one, and tell them to piss off if they keep trying it.

You slowly awaken, blinking back tears, your head throbbing with pain. You can't remember what you were doing, but as your eyes slowly adjust to the dim light, you realize you are in a 10 foot by 10 foot room, and in the middle of the room stands an orc with a pie.

What do you do?

Do you gain the natural attacks of the creature you turn into with Monstrous Physique? where does it say this?

Rolled 11 (1d20)

Years of training have guided me towards this exact moment. I rush for the orc "No don't, that pie is a mimic!" I try to warn as I roll to slap the insidious monster from his hand.

I had tangled with this monster in the past, and now it had brought me here simply to taunt me to watch as it devours another victim before my eyes.

>give me a game
I so dumb and read this as name.
Strangely, but i had seen more strange things at /pfg/.

I want to violate that busty redhead!

>Isn't even showing anything
>Isn't even that curved around the hips and chest
>somehow busty
user pls, get a damn drink you thirsty MF.

>WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO?

Fuck her.

I'm serious, give the player exactly what they want and insist you roleplay the encounter in excruciating detail (in private if you have to.)

The player won't stop pestering you for the BOC until you give it to her.

If you give a mouse some milk, he'll want some more, user.

I once did something similar. Except I used alter self/disguise self and a bunch of other magic to become a child. When one of the other party members finally slept with me I chris hansonned his ass so far.

>I want to violate
Do you prefer amputee-girls?

Thoughts on wildshaping into a Galvo as a druid? 3 attacks all of which have an electric damage bonus and you get the +4 to STR and Armor. I mean obviously it isnt as good as a giant squid or air elemental but if something is weak to electric attacks could be good right?

Because I totally forgot the Witch existed, and it's arcane, I've added a new ACF that gives them limited extra access to the Witch spell list. I've also added an ACF for gishy sorts that uses Vital Strike with Shining Blade.

What was the coolest character you've ever made, /pfg/?

>thinking any of those things are key to attractiveness

>how does your character spend their free time?

Depends on the character.

>Human Brawler
Keeping himself in good shape for his tour of the fight circuts - but he never forgets to treat himself, either. His options are somewhat limited by his image as a 'face' and his own nature, but he does show quite some appreciation for the theater.

>Sylph Sorceress
Lazy bum just sits around and either sleeps or daydreams.

>Human Oracle
Trying to encourage the development of her son's as-yet-nonexistent love life. It isn't working.

>Halfling Gunslinger
Depends on what's available, but she does play a mean guitar.

>Dwarf Invulnerable Rager
Not much. She doesn't really have an idea of 'fun.'

>Agathion-Blooded Aasimar Oracle
Cooking, baking, and basket-weaving. Her hobbies are almost boringly innocent.

>Angel-Blooded Aasimar Chosen One Paladin
Prayers to Iomedae, mostly.

>Gnome Spiritualist
Talking to herself (actually her Phantom), and whatever else she /can/ do for fun on a prison ship.

>Human Devolutionist Druid that I haven't built yet
Seeking out the downtrodden, malcontent, and purposeless. From NEETS to villains, those who cannot find a good cause in life need someone to show some mercy. Some compassion. A second chance.

>Implying the original user wasn't blatantly trying to objectify the character when they don't really have any visual objectification apparant.

Do you think I'm kidding, user? Continue!

>Cooking, baking, and basket-weaving. Her hobbies are almost boringly innocent.

>Agathion-blooded Aasimar

What kinda animal does she look like, user?

>when he is immobilized or helpless
>he

On a side note, the Alternate Class Features sound cool and the expanded possibilities are great. Fan of the AC bonus because I like going light loads anyway, not needing armor's great.

You got it right the first time, user. I'm a thirsty motherfucker who has the most unfortunate habit of trying to sexualize anything I see online.

Doesn't translate to the real world tho, which is good.

Not sure if it's kosher, but pic related is close to my mental image.

Typos suck. PDF homebrews suck for typo fixes. I need to get a persistent link I can upload this to or something.

>Not sure if it's kosher, but pic related is close to my mental image.

>Celestial cow-girl

Keep doing what you're doing, user.

is there a way for my Halfling Druid to be an improvised weapon of its animal companion? I wish for my Druid to be used as a throwing weapon at the beginning of battle, and to easily close into melee range by doing so (gm wont allow fleet of foot). What's the optimal way to go about this? If I get a companion to have an INT of 3 I can give it the command to throw me, but I'm not sure which animal would best fit this role, and how to minimize the damage I take by being thrown as a weapon. Also, how I would calculate the damage I would do. I imagine a pointed helm would be great, but it obviously can't be metallic.

Welp. I have a new character that I'm going to be constantly hard while playing.

also if i shapeshift while in flight, do i keep the inertia of when I was thrown?

Has anyone here used heroforge? One of my friends showed it to me, it looks decent.

A pie is just a pie, and it splatters across the ground the orc looks down. His head and shoulders drop slightly, and his lower lip quivers. A single, sad, solitary tear rolls down his cheek.

Congratulations! You have defeated the Orc! Or his his spirit anyway and you receive 14 experience points and advance to level 2.

Look forward to next week's game, Two Orcs One Pie.

I fall to my knees and cry out to the ceiling "NOOOOOOOOOO!"

In the distance, a lone pie snickers evilly at what it has wrought.

>your character can make an enemy entangled if they fail a reflex save? that's stupid and OP, how do they do that?

>it's an infusion

>Change it out or leave the campaign

Meanwhile, the party sorcerer is completely unmolested.

Worst GM you've had?

>Celestial cow-girl
>Not "Holy cow"

I'm terrible at making cool characters. It's much easier making dumb ones that are really fun to play.

>how does your character spend their free time
Probably going around town looking for information, or sneaking off to look for and hang out with followers of Shelyn. Or jerking off alone, since they usually don't have enough free time for much else.

>Try to find a Favored Soul equivalent for Pathfinder
>"just use oracle lmao"
Nigga I just wanna be Jesus H Christ chosen by the gods, not some crippled freak.

Why couldn't Cathyl be that adorable in MonMun? Cow-girls are supposed to be motherly and sweet as per the universal laws of kenomomimi.

Does the dumb motherfucker not know what a Tanglefoot Bag is? It makes the target entangled if they SUCCEED on a reflex save.

GM said flanking and using Lay on Hands on females would break paladin code of conduct.

This was after I made the paladin.

>That spoiler

Just get a camp follower willing to do that for you, user.

>For her

Epic memes aside, she's probably not talking "relative to her" because the character sounds like she was a massive slut *way* before joining the party.

"But you can use it without paying money! That's ridiculous and unrealistic! How can you entangle them with earth anyway?"

Most people legitimately think the Kineticist is OP.

But user, if they're motherly and sweet, how are you supposed to bully them?

By getting the bull, of course.

>tfw don't have any Carlos gifs to recognize your pun with

Maybe he just joking?

>Most people legitimately think the Kineticist is OP.
Bullshit

Bullshit

Bullshit.

NO.

NO.

I'd hand some to you if I could, user.

But that's effort, and the PC isn't particularly charming. They're also surrounded by imbeciles.

He wasn't. My paladin jumped off a bridge after shaming himself in combat for flanking an enemy.

>and the PC isn't particularly charming

I can guarantee you that most prostitutes would jump at the chance for a week or three of adventure if you're willing to pay living expenses and a 100 gp per week income.

>How does your character spend their free time.

If he's at home, he's tending the bar his step-father gave him, always filling tankards to their top (because he doesn't need the coin) and telling stories of the amazing things his best friends (including the now-marquis of his territory) have done, while glossing over the necessary evils, and completely ignoring his own amazing deeds.

If he's abroad with aforementioned party, he's keeping watch or hunting and cooking the evening meal, grooming the eternally gnarled hide of his elk, or meticulously double and triple checking his arrows and the bow his merchant-wizard friend made him.

>flanking and using Lay on Hands on females would break paladin code of conduct
"With great power there must also come great responsibility"

Reading, admiring lewd Tian wall scrolls, collecting figurines, polishing his sword.
Literally, you perverts.

>Literally you, perverts

FTFY.

he plays songs from the Dwarven Top 40 in bars for tips

It's 100% true, user. You have to accept it.

Most people look at kineticist, and see someone who can cast spells all day without needing rest. They don't see anything making it weak.

Consider the following:
>autism

Want the icing on the cake?

They play these classes and have fun, they play them and never truly realize just how bad they are.

Because they're having fun.

At last I finally see.

Sokath, his eyes uncovered!

What's the best way to build a character like the Sisters from Kubo?

Question - how would you go about seducing an Illithid?

In the current campaign, I'm playing a kind of seductress Inquisitor and there's an NPC that I think is an Illithid (they're those octopus headed things, right?) in disguise, but I haven't been able to prove it yet. How can I get it (her? him? How do they work?) alone with me so I can say, "GOTCHA!"

Illithids don't have genitals.

It doesn't really work. They don't reproduce sexually, they do so by placing a tadpole into your brain and letting it mutate you into one of them.

If it's in disguise, though, you could always use a scroll of True Sight or something that intercepts telepathy.

>infusions are OP you can't use this one or that one
>vancian casting? yeah sure, whatever
>mfw

>How can I get it (her? him? How do they work?) alone with me so I can say, "GOTCHA!"

If the Illithid is in disguise, just craft a scenario where it looks like he could get away with eating your brain, and when the scenario is set-up just put on the moves as per normal.

We'll need more info than that, user.

>How do I trick a Mind Flayer into having sex with me

...Do you hear why this sounds retarded?

That would require a summary of their abilities and physiology.

>from the Dwarven Top 40
Gold, gold, gold, gold,
gold, gold, gold, gold,
gold, gold, gold, gold,
gold, gold, gold, gold.

There is a half-illithid template in the Fiend Folio
It only occurs when ilitadpoles are used on non-human humanoids. So still no genitalia, but I thought it was barely relevant.

Oh.

Sorry, I didn't know.

They're Witches, aren't they?

Oracle but without the curse, then, jeezus. As impactful as those are, many give more benefits than drawbacks.

They don't play it.

Most people ban kineticists. Even at PFS tables, where it is explicitly legal, kineticists are often not allowed.

Aren't they hermaphrodites? I thought they created those brain larva by fucking each other.

Honestly, jebus is more like a paladin. All that lay on handsing. Maybe a Holy Light, and something that makes them less openly combative.

Jesus was an Oracle with a divine template.

>kineticists are often not allowed.

i.gyazo.com/5a4551f013b3088660c3e00624ec0a41.png