You ever do a low level super villains game Veeky Forums?

You ever do a low level super villains game Veeky Forums?

No, but I've had players in gangland/fantasy cyberpunk campaigns have to deal with gangs that were led by low-level 'superheroes' and 'villains' whose fights were making the neighborhood they grew up in unsafe.

In the end, Marvelous man was exposed for bribing the local police force to let him take care of crimes for the publicity, and the Mad Dingo was actually recruited into the players' gang when they realized he was both an expert con man and pretty much became a supervillain to honor his dead pet...which the party necromancer brought back.

Not yet, but I'm hoping to find a GM over here:

Yup, once, for M&M.
Thing was like a really goofy heist/crime series except they all had costumes and gimmicks or powers.

I can go into details about The Crew if you want I guess?

do it

tg always loves a story

Yeah, Necessary Evil. It was grossly fun.

Okeydoke.
The Crew (was the only real name that the super villain team went by) was composed of low level Golden Age or Spider-Man style gimmick villains who were all basically professional criminals. While all were crazy in the "who the fuck puts on a costume and becomes a supervillain" way, none of them were lunatic megalomaniacs who wanted to rule the world. The game was kinda like a combination of that PayDay game, but with supervillains.

The Crew was;
>BLASTMASTER: James "Jimmy" Ladis. He was cybernetically augmented to have better reflexes, agility, and strength but mostly his primary power was to charge and blow up things like Gambit from the X-Men. His origins were stupidly simple; he was created by some supervillain organization who needed a costumed goon to fight some minor hero and then got his ass kicked and went to prison. He tended to throw ball bearings and marbles and shit.
>RAPTOR: Brenda "Blackie" Toombs. A lady wearing a super-suit that allowed her to fly and armored her body, but naturally possessed of greater agility and enhanced strength due to exposure to mutagenic substances in-utero. She was pretty heavily inspired by the Vulture, as readers of comics might note by her real name. A recurring joke was that her first plan was always "I grab him and fly up and drop him from twenty stories into the air."
>QUARREL: Real Name Unknown, though everybody called him "Q" for short. His gimmick was a high-tech crossbow with various "trick" bolts he could fire off. Despite how gimmicky he was he was actually probably the most successful, having never spent any time in prison and never having had his real name discovered by the authorities. Might have done work for the CIA in the past.

Continued next post

>GUNSHOW: aka Jeb Andrews. His power appeared to be having lots and lots of guns, but in actuality he had limited invulnerablity and super-strength. His origins made no sense at all; he claimed he was given exposure to the element "Gundanium" and given the power of "a thousand exploding bullets" but his only weakness was "2nd Amendment Restrictions". He was pretty crazy, but given that his name and usage of guns was a ploy to distract people from the REAL gunshow "his arms" he may have just been pretending.
>Hard Drive: aka Latimer Orlis. Genius inventor who gave himself electricity-based and machine controlling powers using his "Surge Suit". He was the smartest guy on the team which made the irony of him being a regular professional robber doubly hilarious. He came off like a white-collar exec who got screwed over by his bosses and so he turned to crime, and I think that was actually part of his origins.

The Crew basically went around planning robberies and heists.
VERY infrequently they would clash with superheroes, but mostly but heads with other supervillains and underworld figures and corrupt corporate evil guys, much like other traditional heist films.

Once they saved the world (or at least much of Texas) but that they only did because they didn't want to get killed by crazed alien mummy demigods.

I wanted to run a fun super villains campaign once, but things went right into "I MURDER THE HOSTAGES EXECUTION STYLE AND THROW THEM OFF THE ROOF ONE BY ONE" "I SLIT THE THROAT OF THE HERO'S SIDE-KICK AND STREAM THE MURDER ONLINE" territory at the first opportunity so I ended it after the fourth week and we went back to playing D&D forever, same with every time I try to do something fun.

bamp

Niiice.

Finally. A good m&m storytiem

>Once they saved the world (or at least much of Texas) but that they only did because they didn't want to get killed by crazed alien mummy demigods.

?

Low level anti-heroes close enough?
Our DM told us to create characters for a Mystery Men themed game. we were allowed to have powers so long as they were incredibly specific or had massive drawbacks.

>Mos Keeto: He was a mosquito, he had garbage fighting capabilities but if he drained someone's blood he got more powerful
>Guy whose name I don't Remember: A test subject for a new energy supplement. Literally couldn't sleep but still tired all the time. Could use superspeed,, but if he used it more than once a day, it had a chance of causing his heart to explode and killing him
>My character, Garth Nix AKA Bells and Whistles. If you read the Abhorsen series you have a loose idea of what to expect.
>A promising young Drum Major was stricken down in his prime due to a freak baton twirling accident that left him blind. But just when he thought all was lost, one day he tripped over an old trunk that was just sitting there. Inside, were a set of bells, but they were more than they seemed. For they actually housed the spirit of their original owner, a monk who was also blind.
>They fight crime. They are Bells and Whistles.

Most Frequently used power was a bell that put everyone that heard it to sleep, including myself. we never made the saves, bad guys always did. We lasted maybe three sessions.

Favorite villain campaign once involved an hour of interrogation where we profusely declared we were just hobbyists.

So basically we were fed bad intel about a scientist we needed to kidnap. Interrogation went something like this. (MM is Ms. Marvel)

MM: What are you doing here
Us: Well, we're boat enthusiasts and we so your boat, and its such a nice boat that we thought we'd have a look?
MM: Yeah, well then, why are a bunch of my men typed up on the deck.
Us: Well, you see we're also rope enthusiasts. Yep, Boats and Ropes, that' us. Your crewmen looked bored so we asked if they'd be interested in seeing some knots, and they were thrilled.
MM: What about the snakes? (I had a power where I could summon stuff from anywhere as long as I was familiar with it, I spent a lot of time at the zoo.)
Us: I know right?! I have no idea where they came from. I tried to tell the guys that they weren't rope but they didn't listen. You need to Get Nick fury in here, I hear he's had some experience in situations like this

This went on for a while. Afterwards, we made business cards in game.

I once played a villain called the Hangman. He looked a bit like pic related, but he didn't wear red; his cape, gloves, and boots were white.

The Hangman was a career criminal that derived his powers from a noose haunted by the ghost of his great, great grandfather -- a notorious outlaw that had been executed for his crimes. As a result, the Hangman had telekinetic control over the rope that the noose was made of and used it to swing around the city, reach distance objects, and entangle his enemies. He was one of the more effective villains in the game, I'm proud to say, and that's in spite of not having any real offensive powers beyond his Snare. The Elongation in the rope gave him a truly obscene bonus to grapple checks, so he'd usually just wrap up an enemy and Constrict them until they passed out -- or, as was the case with more than one interloping superhero, suffocated and died.

>Get Nick fury in here, I hear he's had some experience in situations like this
I chortled.

abump

Fucking Joker fags.

Yes, though it didn't last long, sadly. Savage Worlds supers, specifically street-level villains in Gotham. Started out without any powers, just a group of crooks pulling jobs for whoever offered: Working both sides of a feud between Cobblepot and Black Mask, trying to set up a plan to kill Dent as revenge for doing 5 years in Blackgate, and then the fateful raid on a "weapons shipment" in Blüdhaven at the behest of Red Hood, that turned into a chemical disaster that gave us superpowers and turned Hood into Joker. Shame the game fell apart after a few sessions(right after we met Amanda Waller).
>The Crew(from the perspective of one of them).
>"Big Sal" Morella
Former enforcer for Falcone before Dent busted the family. Heavyset, fairly unattractive, in his 50s, had a wife and beautiful daughter who wanted nothing to do with him because of his profession. Drank to deal with the depression. Never found out that his daughter was a law student at Metropolis U, and was looking to intern under Dent. Seeing her prosecuting him would've broken him. Superpower was Immunity to literally everything, except psychic powers. Weapon of choice: a Billy Martin Louisville slugger.
>Viktor
Fairly calm Kraut weapons expert, and a really good shot with just about anything. Also did 5 at Blackgate, and had an extreme vendetta against Dent for it. Would argue with Sal over restaurant/alcohol choices. Very reliable.
Gained Deadshot-tier accuracy from the disaster.
>Vinny
Weasely tech guy, HATED being called Vinny. Kept to himself. never found out what powers he got.
>Toru
Always-drunk chink and former martial artist. Called upon whenever we needed a little extra muscle for a job. Usually found in or behind a bar. Good drinking buddies with Sal.
Gained massive initiative augmentation.
>1 more, cont.

>Celeste
A real nice young gal, definitely the face of the party. Had connections with most of Falcone's former lieutenants, as well as Cobblepot and others. Got her legs crippled in an armored truck heist, and just had generally bad luck when it came to things going south.
Gained potent telepathic powers from the accident.

Real shame the game fell apart. It was a blast. But GMs getting game ADD seems to be the norm around me.

>Gundanium
>Power of a thousand exploding bullets
>Only weakness is "2nd ammendment restrictions"
Jusus fucking kek my sides

>Killing capes.

Are you out of your fucking mind?

That's how you get the Justice League after you!

Gotta get them warmed up to a less lethal game first.