/exg/ - Exalted General

>What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For the basics of combat, read this tutorial. It'll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.
forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?769761-Exalted-3E-Combat-301.

>How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on Veeky Forums. With the new edition, though, chances are more games will crop up.

Resources for Third Edition:

>Final 3E Core Release:
mega.nz/#!ctgxyJaC!ygkrLnFsrnBJzIUZY-dJsMfyFrhFQgDsQuuo52fcW0I
mediafire.com/download/q51qw8skdw1rg15/Exalted_3e_Core.pdf
>Backer Charm Book:
mediafire.com/download/x7i7p5c4rm7kacq/Backer_Charms_Plain_Text.pdf

>Frequently updated Character Sheet with Formulas and Autofill
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18FYdnXLYj0JnBNxNSGIZyi_FZcg085qCyUYoCEtac_8
>General Homebrew dumping folder:
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByD2BL6J89NiQzdCWWFaY0c5Mkk&usp=sharing
>Collection of old 3e Materials, including comics and fiction anthologies:
mediafire.com/folder/t2arqtqtyyt28/Exalted_3Leak
>Charm Trees:
Solar Charms: imgur.com/a/q6Vbc
Martial Arts: imgur.com/a/mnQDe
Evocations: imgur.com/a/TYKE4

>Resources for Previous Editions:
pastebin.com/raw/EL3RTeB1

Martial arts edition! What's your favorite style and why? What 2e style are you looking forward to seeing getting a 3e version?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/PCvifL0s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Silver-Voiced Nightingale Style!
Battle raps! Synergy with Presence and Performance! Dance Battles!
Free Artifact Weapon!
FREE
R
E
E

So, I'm working on a group of antagonists for my campaign; a band of Dragonblooded that are in training to become part of the Wyld Hunt. However, one of the apprentices is a close relative of the Mouth of Peace, and even though the Mouth of Peace is supposed to cut her ties to her past, she knows her relative is a good person and is concerned about her safety. So, she called in a favor to bring her and her circle the best mentor they could have: a very old, retired Water aspect that came out of retirement to teach them.

Now, I'm not 100% certain what the Immaculates consider acceptable when it comes to worship of the Dragonblooded, so I thought I'd bring my idea here. My idea was that this guy was actually one of the best in his field, knew everything there was to know about anathema and how to deal with them. After saving a couple smaller island chains from some rather nasty lunars (cause he was in his prime before the Solars returned), people were so awestruck by this guy that they started worshiping him. They built statues of him, prayed to him, villainized the anathema and praised him as "The Black Dragon of the West" or some similar sounding title. After one incident shook his resolve, however, he returned to the Blessed Isle and retired as a hermit, willingly choosing not to grab any anti-aging drugs so that he would eventually grow old and die. After the return of the Solars and the Mouth of Peace called him in to train her relative's circle, however, he decided he couldn't quite let himself renter the cycle of reincarnation yet, and came out of retirement. My plan is for the PCs and even his own students to come across statues, legends, and stories of the great "Black Dragon of the West", but no one realizes it's him because that was hundreds of years ago and now he's old and looks different than the statues and legends describe him.

Is this something that's plausible? Or would the Immaculate Order step in to put down that sort of worship?

they don't like direct worship in the way cops don't like when other cops have savior complexes.

it happens but if anyone else finds out then whoever caused it gets into shit for not being more careful and not promoting the idea that they're obviously there for the realm.

my point being, if it's not traced to him, then why worry, right?

i know i'm probably posting in a prenatally dead thread (especially with such a shitty OP prompt) but this has something i've been itching to ask for a while now:

how the fuck do i even get my head around Lintha? like, at all? what are they? no books really classify them so properly i can tell what they're supposed to do or be, aside from "something everyone hates" in the West.

Question for you veterans.

is there a way to make a character that revolves around using a big ass shield? Not weapons and fists. Just a shield.

Melee style, focus on defensive charms like Dipping Swallow and whatever-Bulwark Stance rather than the attack ones. A Shield is considered a melee weapon with tags that pertain to it's shielding abilities.

Maybe take some Thrown for the sake of being Captain America, even? Captain Anathema

When you sacrifice resources to make prayer easier what happens to the stuff you sacrifice does it disappear into essence or do the gods send something to come and get it and take it to heaven?

Does anywhere in third edition handle what happens when you tie someone up and what can stop a sorcerer from teleporting away if they know the spell?

Alright, thanks for the info. The way I had it planned was that he didn't actually know about the small cult that was forming around him until after the fact, cause all he did was show up, kill the anathema, and leave. Problem being that in some cases this was Dumb Tribal Islanders' first encounter with the Realm, and their first encounter was "Wow, that guy fucking rekt the White Witch that's been eating our children! We should pray to him instead!" The Realm ended up coming to those islands later and they adopted the Immaculate Faith, but they still kinda kept honoring him sort of like a patron saint. When he finally did find out about it, he honestly felt embarrassed.

Thinking on it now though, I think I'll cut the whole cult thing and keep it to them telling legends about the Black Dragon of the West, whom they honor and hold as a standard of why the Immaculate Faith is the true faith, but don't actually worship him per sey. So there's still hints that he's a badass, but it's not in the form of outright worship.

>pastebin.com/PCvifL0s

The mechanics of an artifact I'm working on. I want it to be rating 5.

Opinions?

I actually practiced Capoeira for a while in college, so I'd really like Swaying Grass Dance, or whatever that martial art was called gets an official version. It was one of the devs that wrote that, right? Vance?

The very short version is that they're cannibalistic demon-blooded pirates who are also kind of a mafia. If you'e looking for a book, first edition's Blood and Salt has a whole chapter on them.

The second edition core book talks about burnt offerings, in which case the stuff becomes ashes, naturally. I'd imagine that happens for most kinds of offerings, but you can get creative with it, too.

I don't think it covers it specifically, but I imagine you could rule that it's a special version of the Restrain action from the grapple rules that disallows actions other than picking the lock/slipping the ropes/etc.

newcomer to exalted so not sure you want my opinion.

It seems strong but it is rating 5 so there is that.

I don't think the names are fitting for a Child's Lament. For example I would rename them in this fashion.
Raiment of Glory - Mother's Arms
Solar Destruction Burst - Child's Lament
etc. so it feels it is in same spirit as the name of the weapon

It's called Child's Lament because the capstone ability can decimate an entire army by itself, thus leaving a lot of children with a dead parent.

so has anyone had a crafter make a N/A artifact? If so what was it.

You don't need to pay extra attunement motes to access the first evocation as an attunement benefit, just make it for free.

Single Point, as I'm full blown weeaboo.

The Lintha were primordial blooded humans in the first age, with access to charms and excellencies. They were a proud race that sided with Kimbery in the primordial war and were almost wiped out as a result.

The Lintha of the second age are but a shadow of their former glories. The faint trace of magical abilities in their bloodline and accepted yozi worship has transformed them into cannibalistic, mafia-like pirate bastards that raid everyone, enslave (and cut the balls of everything) they don't eat, and other nasty business.

The ghosts of the Lintha of old are deeply ashamed by the Lintha of present.

It's funny because at one point a Lintha poet and satirist detailed all the insane lengths they needed to restore the purity of the ancient Lintha bloodline, to show how absurd his race's aims were.

And the the Lintha took it as a manual for their society.

That's like taking Thomas Swift's "a Modest Propasal" seriously.

That guy was on to something, Nexus knows about the nutrition found in cheap infants.

>What 2e style are you looking forward to seeing getting a 3e version?
White Veil Style because it was kinda like more wicked version of Dreaming Pearl Courtesan.

Mantis Style because I would like to see how Vance goes about it this time.

Crystal Chameleon because disco ninjas.

Maybe some more like Swaying Grass and Four Arm of Unconquered Sun. I would also like to see some new styles because Single Point and Steel Devil are fun.

Valor style. And the rest of the Virtue styles. Just because.

If you're refering to Kan Pol the Younger, the guy was an ultra-conservative who loathed the dilution of Lintha blood and, being a half-blooded himself, castrated himself in order to not contribute to that dilution. He wrote satires about the Lintha Family's failed attempts at increasing the number of births by sharing spouses, not about their desire to restore thepurity of their blood. The Lintha took his writings as they were intended.

Border of Kaleidoscopic Logic Style for being so fucking weird, even by SMA standards. Prismatic Arrangement of Creation also holds a place in my heart for being weird and cool as well. Citrine Poxes of Contagion Style has recently caught my attention for the possible ways of allowing me to play a doctor-assassin.

Looking forward to getting working SMA in general, and those three in particular. If anyone has any good Ex3 conversions for any of those, I'd be grateful.

/exg/'s pretty slow today...

I'd normally like to talk about more things, but eh...

Like I was going to review 's artifact... but then I found the FMW soundtrack and got soundtracked.

Anyone got the 3e character creation summary in the 3e bookmarked pdf? For some reason, I canĀ“t find it there. Did it get edited out?

Nothing new to discuss.

Is it not on page 127?

Found it, thanks. I seem to have missed it between all the stories and advantages...

Post night castes boys

Athletics supernal

>Formal Dress for Wedding
>Cat Hat
>Scourge caste

I've no idea what to make of this, but it seems bizarrely appropriate for someone under Adorjans patronage.

Essence-Unraveling Blow looks pretty OP.
Also, Flame of Lingering Guilt is broken as fuck

Advice on fleshing out a city (specifically, the bits of it Exalts are likely to interact with)?

Notes I've sketched out to myself:
-who has power here? why?
-who has money here?
-who has connections here?
-who has a library here?
-whom should visitors not upset?
-what's the curfew or other movement restriction on semi-public areas?
-what's the biggest temple?
-what is there of local bureaucracy?

What abilities and merits do I need to build a sea smuggler in exalted?

sail, larceny, maybe stealth.

resources and contacts if he's working alone

no bureaucracy, socialize and presence??

depends on how exactly you're smuggling. You could use those to talk your way past inspectors, or you could sneak the wares into the city under the cover of the night, or hide them in normal shippments, or...

It depends on how you're smuggling, is what I'm saying

Flame of Lingering Guilt is Thunderbolt Attack Prana, except it delivers its damage over time instead of all at once and can be negated before all of the damage is done. Because of that, it doesn't cost the 1wp that TAP does.

Wasn't he killed BY the Lintha?

What? That's not at all what it does. Flame of Lingering Guilt says:
>Each round, victims hit by Judgement of the Sorcerous Sun take one automatic level of Health damage, for a total number of rounds equal to the successes rolled on Judgement of the Sorcerous Sun's attack.

It inflicts as many levels of damage as you rolled successes on your attack roll, Thunderbolt Attack Prana doubles the amount of damage you rolled. In addition, TAP applies only to a single target while FoLG nukes everyone withing medium range. And how supernatural ways of extinguishing a fire do you think exist?

Heck, you can just use a full excellency on your attack roll and even from base init of 3 Flame of Lingering Guilt will slowly burn everyone to death with no way of saving themselves unless they totally luck out and have super-water powers.

larceny covers illicit activities such as moving goods and fast-talking guards out of stuff. there's even charms that let you get away with convenient lying like "oh no this is the right shipment of something else!" and they believe you because they were expecting someone with crates to be arriving soon. things like that.

i've played smuggler a few times now and never really needed bureaucracy. bureaucracy's more for honest business and cutting deals. the deal cuts itself when the goods are rare enough.

i've always had at least one ritualist in my games for some time now and one question i always ask is "which of the many, many gods of this city are actually worth knowing and what're their domains?"

FoLG only keys off the successes rolled on the DAMAGE ROLL, not the attack roll. The extra successes you get on the attack is irrelevant.

And TAP isn't limited to one target either, if the attack it is used to supplement hits more than one person.

Actually, herp a derp, I didn't actually word it that way. Fixed it.

So, I'm gonna be running a campaign in the West, and I could use some ideas for island nations the PCs might come across. They're starting in Abalone, and I'm planning to have them travel all around the West, from Onyx to An-Teng, so I could use ideas for smaller island-civilizations that aren't in the book.

Read the 2e book Masters of Jade. Tons of ideas for the West in there.

>tfw I want to run a game where pdf related are relevant, barring the homebrewed yozis/devil-tigers
>tfw no Infernals players/ST
>tfw no group, period

Kinda cliche but an island that is otherwise a normal fishing/trading village but every year on some particular day they make human sacrifice to some giant sea monster. What the monster in question is could be any number of things.

That sounds like an okay idea, actually. Wonder what sort of monster it should be though. I'm tempted to say some sort of dragon or sea serpent, but Dragons aren't really something PCs should be fighting unless they're high essence.

Could be something from the wyld, could be an escaped demon, could just be a giant monster with a semblance of intelligence, could be a lunar. Possibilities are endless.

It's an elemental sea nymph. They sacrifice a strapping young man each year, who she takes away.

It's assumed she takes them as a lover until they die of exhaustion and fatigue, at which point she returns for the next one.

That's not the case. While she does take them as a lover, it's only temporary until they impregnate her and help to care for her while she's pregnant. In return for their seed and a year of service, she teaches them Sorcery, providing a shaping ritual that revolves around drawing motes from flowing water.

To date, none have chosen to return to a village that was willing to sacrifice them.

>I've done this before, almost word for word

Minus the sorcery part anyway. Neat.

In an effort to shill, I, also known as Alchemicalfag, have started a Modern Alchemical Quest here >inb4thesettingisthebestpartandmodernsucks

Eh I wanted something to do.

>Alchemicals

I hope you die from your robot cancer.

Infernals ST here, on European time, you?

This seems more Sidereal than Solar.

...Or Alchemical if using that one charm Vance made as a joke.

Instead of Sorcery I would give them some kind of elemental blessing. Maybe water breathing or something like that. Producing one Sorcerer each year is a bit much.

Sure, by a bunch of younger Lintha who found it kinda hypocritical that a halfbreed wrote so bluntly and passionately about the modern Lintha ruining their bloodlines further and further.

Nah, I don't think it is. They have no support system to provide resources or to learn more spells from, so I don't feel it's overpowered.

Actually, I'd wonder what was happening to the Godblooded kid she was producing every year.

The thing people seem to constantly forget about 3E sorcery that not everyone can learn it. It's isn't just about finding a teacher, it's also about mindset, attitude, determination, stuff like that.

It would be a few words difference to change the idea to 'she tries to teach them Sorcery'.

That is true. What would happen to the ones who don't learn Sorcery, though? Would they get some minor powers or mutations as a side effect of the nymph's attempts at teaching them Sorcery, or would they just be sent on their way with nothing to show for their troubles?

A 2-3 dot supernatural Merit, I'd think. Waterbreathing, enhanced swim speed, etc. Something to do with water, given the source. Maybe even a bound elemental, bonded to serve for the mortal's life.

Or maybe just a dot of Performance and a peculiar Specialty?

>Specialty: Elemental Lover

I dunno, a dot of Performance seems kind of low. That kind of event in the background of a character is already justification for quite a bit of learning like Occult, Lore, and others.

I think the appropriate level of reward from her would still be something supernatural.

Yes, and we even have a precedence for that. Smith Goddes from the leak can bless her followers with fire resistance and award them silver crafting experience.

Has there been another leak or do you just mean one of the earlier 3e Core leaks which had shit like Unity of the Closed Fist in it?

Holy shit what are all of these? There's over 600 pages and I'm to busy right now to go over them.

it says "infernal charms" right there in the filename......

Yeah, 3E core leak. There was another high Essence goddess beside Ahlat.

Homebrewed or a complete collection of all of them?

Me again. The Artifact has been edited and balanced more than it was(it's not even a sword anymore), and some powers added, along with an merit rating.

Tell me what you think!

An island of steep, rocky shores, made even harder to enter than it otherwise would be by a cpurt of water elementals who make their home near the island and protect it. The local humans worship these elementals, obviously and act as their agents. The island is something of a gathering place for smugglers, pirates and such, because it's nature makes it a pretty good safe have. The locals make their living from these refuge-seeking visitors.

A group of smallish islands, each ruled by a single clan. One of the islands is a sacred place, home to the primary god of the civilization in question. I'm thinking of a god with something to do with typhoons, but the specific nature of the god isn't really that important. It used to be that the clans of these islands were independent, with the sacred island and its priesthood being the one thing that united them into something that could reasonably be considered a single civiliation. A couple of generations back one of the clan chiefs managed to garner enough power and support to name himself king, though. There is still plenty of friction between royalists who tink that a more centralized government wil make their islands stronger and traditionalists who are all about maintaining the old rights and freedoms of the clans.

A maritime merchant nation with more or less independent colonies here and there, not entirely unlike the Guild, though obvioulsy more unified culturally. Have them be active in a region where the Guild is just expanding its operations. Let them come in contact and conflict with the Guild. Maybe have them join the Guild, the entire nation as one. Might be interesting.

An island where the children and/or loyal retainers of some long-dead Solar escaped during the Usurpation. What with the relative isolation of the West, the culture descended form these Solar loyalists has survived to the present day, though obvioulsy much has been forgotten

Comment getting too long, so will be continued.

>An island where the children and/or loyal retainers of some long-dead Solar escaped during the Usurpation. What with the relative isolation of the West, the culture descended form these Solar loyalists has survived to the present day, though obvioulsy much has been forgotten
Belief in the divine origin of the king/queen remain. though, as does veneration of the Sun. The locals are fond of long, pompous titles, and have the attitude of the citizens of a superpower even if they aren't actually a superpower. This part of the kingdom would probably work best if they have been the biggest, baddest nation in their part of the West so far, with the major powers of the direction having been distant, rumoured lands, maybe tarding partners, but not really close anough to make their full power known. The kingdom in qustion coming face to face with a clearly stronger power, maybe even the Realm, might be cool.

These ideas aren't really all that original, but I've been thinking about them and probably won't get to use them myself, so figured I'd throw them out here.

Homebrew from what I see.

And what happens when someone comes to that kingdom and glows like their long-dead king/queen was said to do?

Are heavy weapons viable? I want to go for a barbarian sort of theme, but I'm worried I'll have accuracy problems. What's a good way to shore up my attack rolls?