Shinobi Quest #36

Shinobi Quest #36

This quest takes place within the lands of the Five Great Shinobi Nations (aka Narutoverse) starting roughly around the beginning of the original series. The world of this quest remains similar to the original, with slight but notable differences in certain areas, based upon the passage of time from a single slightly altered event.

(It’s a goddamn Naruto Quest, you bastards. Have fun, participate, and write in when you feel inclined. Most of the outcomes of this quest will be determined by you, the players. Critiques and questions are always welcome, as my knowledge of the weeby shit is not all encompassing.)

pastebin.com/WiPdCqLH

Previous Threads: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Shinobi Quest

Last thread, the Preliminaries of the Third Round of the Chunin exam continued! Hinata fought a tough battle against Neji, who was disqualified for the use (unintentional or not) of the Curse Mark inflicted upon him by Orochimaru. In contrast, Nori had a very easy time with her match, to the point of boredom. The examination rounds ended with Sasuke, who utterly dominated his foe.

Afterwards, Hayate explained the rules for the next round- Genin who have passed to this stage are given one month of preparation time and special training; after this the final rounds of the examination will begin, on display for everyone to see.

-----------------------

Time again for Ohohohodventures

For Best Girl

HYPE

Alright anons we need to pick Hanzo for the training, there are plenty of good reasons for it

>Ninjutsu/kenjutsu expert
>Friends with Danzo
>Likely our only chance to every train with him
>Kick the Sannins asses
>Everyone lives in Konoha so we can train with them whenever
>Stellar will already be a surprise so we don't need it any stronger

Fuck that, I want Max Stellar.

I'd prefer Itachi, but Hanzo would be interesting.

Plus Wargle said he'd open a super weird path for us.

Once we hit 3/5 mastery, Danzo can't help us after that.

Actually, instead of Hanzo, why not approach the 3rd for training?

Wanna get 5\5? Do shaping exercises with shadow clones. Eventually you'll be making stellar chakra constructs, fuck soosanoo!

So since stellar chakra evidently possesses mass, doesn't that suggest afterglow hits hard than speed alone would suggest since there's more substance behind our blows?

>Wanna get 5\5?

I'd rather up other stats right now, personally.

There's a reason it gives +1 STR, y'know.

Well the main body can work on physical stats in the meantime.

>Itachi
>Stellar
>The Third
They all live in Konoha anons we can go to them any time for training, Hanzo lives in the Rain and I doubt were going to get many chances to train with him

Itachi will give us some Sharingan defense training.

This is a very good point.

I just don't want to train with a foreign ninja. Doesn't matter who.

But would he train a leaf Benin? Nigga might not be keen on powering up a village not his own.

you forgot to put Quest in the title

and I hope your computer stops giving you shit

But we can do that any time, granted it will help against sausage but think of the big picture user we may never have this opportunity again

I've been staunchly pro Danzo and Root this whole quest user, but this is Hanzo one of the strongest ninjas alive and he's Danzo's friend

>But we can do that any time,

No we can't.

why would Hanzo train a non-rain ninja?

Tsuki the salamander quest time?

Itachi will still be alive and will stay help us train after we become a chunni user he isn't just going to stop associating with us

Why do it then?

Why not do it now so that we can have a good defense against Sasuke if we meet him in the next round?

With the exams over, Itachi-sensei gave you both free reign to return home- various Jonin staff members are present, shepherding all participants back through the Forest of Death. There is little to do here- though are surprised he isn’t coming with you.

“I need to stay for a little while- I need to talk to Hinata and my brother. If you’re concerned about dinner, I’ll make the reservation for tomorrow night!” He promises- as if that was why you wanted him along.

Idiot.

You and Nori follow the first Jonin staff member you both recognize, and head home.

----------------------------

You weren’t entirely sure what was awaiting you once you returned to the manor- but this crowd certainly wasn’t it.

“Ah, Mistress Tsuki has arrived! Come in, come in!” a servant calls as you enter the gardens.

“Master Yoru has directed that a feast be held in your honor!”

Before you can even respond, the servant runs off to announce your presence-

You sigh, just a little. While you were certainly hungry, all of these celebrations would be tiring, and you are already worn out. Besides, you aren’t even a chunin yet.

Oh well, might as well put on a smile. Don’t want to disappoint Father- and he’s likely had Maru working all day to prepare the festivities.

Steeling yourself, you enter your home, and the mass chaos that surely awaits.

>after we become a chunni
I sure hope not

OOC Wargle hinted at it in a tweet but in character he seemed to find us interesting and we told him that were close to Danzo

Because Hanzo is one of the strongest ninjas alive his teaching could really make Tsuki a monster, I would rather take a risk at not becoming a chunnin then not getting to train with a man who soloed the Sannin

Everyone has to go through the phase user

DAAAAAAAAAD I'm tired I don't want a feeeeaaasssst.......
Hanzo could be dead for all we know. Konan was his attendent afterall.

I'd rather we go with Itachi.

Seems the most useful to me, personally.

>gives all their moves stupid names.
>has an 'interesting' attitude that others may find tiring.
You know I think Tsuki's already a chuuni

>no one wants to go to the moon and make moon angels in the lunar regolith
Hanzo is not necessarily who'll be training us, there's also Konan, Yahiko, and Nagato.

Dunno what you've been smoking.

We must learn chibaku tensei. Its just a technique combining yin and yang chakra.

Counter-sharingan moves.

Like focusing on legs, hands instead of looking into the eyes.

Logic.

Well hey, looks like we already got them!

And it is useful, against Uchiha and only Sausage is in this exams. He might be on the opposite side of the bracket and we wouldn't meet him until the finals. Your putting all of your eggs in one basket user

>Getting to hang out with cool older sister
Your only making this choice easier

>Idiot.
that's pretty cute
martial arts already focus on teaching you to watch the center of mass rather than extremities

As the door gives way, your sense are immediately overwhelmed with bright colors, delicious smells, and noise. Lots of noise.

A rapid series of pops herald a multi-colored waterfall of streamers, reinforced by chorus of noise-makers and cheers.

“CONGRATULATIONS, MISTRESS TSUKI!” a hundred voices shout- it’s deafening.

You were already tired, and the new ringing in your ears doesn’t help the matter.

The sight of Father, dressed in a slick black and green suit, flanked by Danzo and Maru, dressed in similar finery, eases your temper- they just want to celebrate your successes, after all.

Father walks forward, arms open for an embrace.

“My darling daughter has returned victorious! Not that I had any doubts, of course!” he laughs.

You…

1. Embrace Father. You’ve missed him all this time- it will be nice for a reprieve from your shinobi stresses, even if it’s just for tonight.

2. Give him some quick affection, but wave off the celebration. You’re too tired for all of this, and you have plans to make.

we dont know how to properly do this ic.

The chances are Itachi will be teaching tomato Sauce. Since Guy will be teaching Lee. Hiashi will teach Hinata because she isn't a failure anymore and Nori will be taught by Naruto, Jiriya, Minato or her mum.

You know Sasuke isn't our only opponent. Overly focussing on one enemy can weaken you overall. He's the strongest enemy in the exam, but he's our ally, we shouldn't be focusing on him.

>1. Embrace Father. You’ve missed him all this time- it will be nice for a reprieve from your shinobi stresses, even if it’s just for tonight.

>1. Embrace Father. You’ve missed him all this time- it will be nice for a reprieve from your shinobi stresses, even if it’s just for tonight.
Papa worked so hard for us
Show daddy #1 some love

>all this time- it will be nice for a reprieve from your shinobi stresses, even if it’s just for tonight.
Wargle! How ya doin?

No. Itachi can teach us.

Gai is gonna teach Sasuke and also Lee, I think.

>1

Tsuki loves her daddies

didn't you request this

1. Embrace Father. You’ve missed him all this time- it will be nice for a reprieve from your shinobi stresses, even if it’s just for tonight.

Its training. Its not like thats going to be the only thing we'll learn. The other stuff like stats training we'll be doing as well.

But user Hanzo is better then Itachi when it comes to stats

If we want stats, training with Hanzo and Akatsuki is the best bet. If we want esoteric bullshit the Moon is best, if we want focused results Danzo has them.

Party time!

Writing.

I'm alright, though the computer situation has been stressing me out. I've created a suitable workaround, for now.

Not that user, but:

It's probably Pain and not Hanzo.

Plus, I want that Sharingan Defense.

Don't forget to ask Daddy what the fuck Orochimaru meant or maybe ask Danzo.

Eh, let's not ruin the night with that. That can come later.

This is why I have 7 computers with different linux distros and kernels and a pile of backup hdds.

user only Sasuke has the Sharingan focusing our training on countering him will fuck us over, what if Nori or Lee are our first opponent? What if we only face Sasuke in the finals

And I don't want merely stats.

I'm pointing out that we will get stats and sharingan defence tactics.

First one is good but second one is a game changer if we go against Sasuke.

See

Hanzo won't be pure stats, look at what he specializes in, Ninjutsu and Kenjutsu both things anons have been building Tsuki up for. Whats your plan if our first opponent is Gaara? I'm sure he's going to be training to resist kisses

Honesty I'd pick hanzo if only cause it hasn't been done before in any quest I've seen.

The question is whether we want those swords anymore. This is the perfect chance to get them, if we pass them up now we'll never catch up on our kenjutsu.

you speak as if kenjutsu and ninjutsu will get through Gaara's defences. If techniques that could be learnt in a month could do so, it would not be known as an impregnable defence.

We'll be counting on our stella release Rock Lee level speed with afterglow.

>Whats your plan if our first opponent is Gaara?

Stellar 24/7

I'd like to see fucking sand block that stellar nuke we learnt before afterglow.

Also, any one of our lightning jutsu except pretty sparks.

Stellar kiss.

see

side boob

At least those can be used against all of our opponents not just one guy

You quoted me twice.

Let's learn black lightning. :-D

Remember folks we need too learn how too channel chakra into our swords we still can't do that

Why don't we just train under Danzo? He's got decades of experience training ninja and has studied the various Kekkei Genkai we might go up against extensively, especially the Sharingan.

Notice how shisui had still lost his eye.

>Why don't we just train under Danzo?

That's mainly gonna be Stellar, and he can't help us learn more once we hit 3/5 Mastery.

That would be bettering Tsuki's chakra control.

He can teach us other shit too.

He knows HOW to teach.

We need more gadget stuff, daughter of an arms dealer and no tech?

We can train under Danzo whenever, hell we can ask Minato for a couple months off so that we can be strong enough to fend off anyone who tries to kidnap us during a mission because of how high value we are

We need to be good at shit if the tech fails or gets broken, user.

TRAIN UNDER BEST DADS

BOTH OF THEM

We can only pick one teacher, user.

We're not going draw numbers and learn the tourney match order?

Reminder, we really need to talk to Danzo about what Orochimaru said to us.

But we should have some. That senbon scroll smg drawfag did or net launcher and such. Smoke bombs, grapples, swing hooks

Fuck that, Dad #1 and Dad #2 should count as one option.

YES

Why? Senbon are useless unless we use them for a jutsu

That comes later, user.

It doesn't.

They aren't. They just weren't used well in canon.

See: Boruto Quest.

No shit!

Great of buying time or bleeding a foe, peppering their body with stuff that can act as lightning conductors and burn out nerves. Cover theirs eyes or go blind, costs no chakra?