MTG Kaladesh Spoilers thread

Got a few more spoilers since I last looked.

Other urls found in this thread:

markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/23680242486/did-you-ever-consider-making-snapcaster-mage-red
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/arcana/saga-snapcaster-mage-2011-10-24
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Incendiary Sabotage - 2RR Instant - Uncommon
As a additional cost to cast ~, sacrifice an artifact.
~ deals 3 damage to each creature.
"All of those Consulate safety measures undone with a little tweak"

>five mana mythic creature
>2/1

This card is wildly underwhelming. Figures. I knew fabricate was strong so why not make all the fabricate cards unreasonably expensive

Can make itself into a 4/3 if you so choose.

If it was 4 it would be good since it would be reasonably priced compared to the new Gisela. Though it has vigilance compared to first strike.

5 mana for a 4/3 fucking makeing Gisela irrelevant in the very next expansion fucking wotc.

Really? I think it's actually a pretty interesting card. It's a Glorious Anthem and you can have it as a 4/3 beatstick or take 2 2/2 creatures instead. Well I guess the main issue is that it can get too easily removed.

It's 6 points of power over 3 bodies or a 4/3 flier.

Pretty bad artwork considering it's supposed to deal 3 to each creature. It's just sparks flying off a piece of metal...

How does it make Gisela irrelevant, she is better in most cases?

so a 5 mana 4/3 that pumps the team, or a 5 mana 2/1 with 2 2/2s. That's honestly pretty decent. Great curve out after dropping a gideon, especially if you ult him and have a number of other creatures on the board.

But this angel will lose to Gisela every time user, they clearly have different appeals.

servos are 1/1 bro, it think this will be good with always watching.

With the angel they're 2/2s.

Always watching is non token.

You naysayers need to calm down :) this cards is totally mythic
>complex
Flying, vigilance (like, what even IS that?!) and lifelink with a new mechanic!? Way too complex for any new player
>big explosive feel.
What is a bigger feeling than getting a 2/1 flier lord, and 2 1/1's? this card screams explosive plays
>legendary
Super legendary

This card kills both modes of this card , cool!

Should be give opponent's -1/-1 instead then it would be goat.

How about both make it a baby Elsh Norn?

>Did you not pay attention to Origins at all?
No I didn't. I don't even know if Origin had an actual story

Why does this angel look like a genderbent Galactus with wings?

can they please make an inventor werewolf and vampire already. It is the inventor's fair after all and everyone is welcome.

I'm going to be that weird fucker who's going to drop her as a 3/2 with a 2/2 token.

So, I am jumping the gun here while we are still waiting on Kaladesh... but... upcoming Egypt plane. Return of devotion and god creature types, yes/yes? I am going to bet, however, that as the description mentions five gods specifically, they'll probably be wedge (or shard, but probably not since we had that recently with Tarkir) colored so as not to be redundant with the Theros gods.

You can't.

Unfortunately, you can't. Either you get +2/+2 or you get 2 1/1 Servos.

Well that sucks.

Maybe they will have some other sort of gimmick than being enchantments?

Can't unsee

>werewolf

I waited so long for the legend because I wanted to do wolfie tribal EDH, and then it was crap. Now people are waiting for an Izzet artificer legend with real artifact synergy...

God types yes, devotion? Hell no. They don't retouch mechanics that fast

two 1/1 servos that get +1/+1

Could have had "creatures you control have fabricate 1" and it's still barely playable

Or more reasonably be a 6/5 split over three bodies.

Yes, I was just talking that he just has these 2 options, no in between.

It's like you read neither card before posting.

I guess being angel is complex enough

The reason this card is mythic likely has much more to do with how good it is in limited and how it turned up there too often at rare.

I just want to say to the dumbfuck who joked that theyll colorshift snapcaster mage from Blue to red that you have fuckino idea what you're talking about

Snapcaster was suppose to be a red card to begin with, flashback was suppose to be a red mechanic with a few blue cards getting it but the fucking sperg who the card was made after threw a bitchfit about the card not being blue because he was a blue player

In fact he was the entire reason they stopped making cards after world champions after that because he was so fucking difficult

TL:DR blue stole snapcaster mage from red and red deserves it back

All the angel cards are boring as fuck and just have a bunch of random abilities slapped on them.
This is nothing new.

What on earth does this have to do with the post you replied to?

Which leaves you with an Angel that dies to anything, which gets rid of 4 of that power.

>but the fucking sperg who the card was made after threw a bitchfit about the card not being blue
Not true. Tiago refused to design a card at all because he wasn't interested, so Maro asked him what he would like his card to be and Tiago answered something like "cheap, blue, provides card advantage" and the card was designed after that. It was never anything other than blue.

Yeah, but you still have two bodies while in your case you'd end up with nothing.

At least the angels on Kaladesh look pretty cool being bright red with four arms.

I may have been a bit wrong but you're even more so

MaRo saying the card should have been red

markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/23680242486/did-you-ever-consider-making-snapcaster-mage-red

And Tiago's original card that he wanted

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/arcana/saga-snapcaster-mage-2011-10-24

>mfw all these spoilers

I thought MaRo said this was one of the best sets he worked on, its looking to be more disastrous than BFZ

You're mistaken. That's the story for how Dark Confidant was made, Bob Maher's card, with the obvious exception that he said Black instead of Blue.

Tiago actually initially designed a land that you could discard for 2UU to counter a spell, WotC didn't like the idea partly for power level concerns and because everyone else had made a creature, so Tiago designed Snappy as he is now.

>4/3 mode gets you the most value out of vigilance, lifelink, and evasion
>a 4/3 body is pretty much shit in any format
>Servo mode gets you 2 more power on the board
>makes the angel itself less effective
>holy Pyroclasm batman
If it were a 1/2 for 2WW it could be great, but apparently we're not allowed to ever have an efficient flying beater that's outside of Bolt range. Instead we get overcosted garbage at mythic that's bad no matter how you play it.

Bravo, Wizards. At least Arachnoangel is interesting to look at.

>1 extra power is worth 2cmc over Restoration Angel
I like it, would play in an ETB-heavy EDH deck as Resto #2. But that doesn't mean it's a good card.

We're 1/3rd of the way in so far and there have been some pretty decent cards. Chandra, Fair, Whitehawk, Voltaic Brawler, Cataclysm Gearhulk, Rejection, Fastlands, etc.

Just wait for Tezzeret 3.0 to lead us home.

>Tiago actually initially designed a land that you could discard for 2UU to counter a spell
Yes, because he knew it would never be printed. When Wizards asked him to design a card they actually could print after he won he told them he didn't want to.

the set is good except for everything maro touched, like white dwarves and energy and vehicles

>muh meta
Nah, fuck off.

Dwarves should have been white from the beginning and I'm surprised it took them this long to see if they would work as white's characteristic.

>MaRo saying the card should have been red
Except he doesn't say that. Would have been red =/= should have been red.

Well, it can flicker other copies of itself and is an uncommon instead of a rare, so...

I had an idea for the Egyptian gods - each would require you to give up something the color wants.

Green God makes you sacrifice a creature (with power 4 or greater probably) as it enters (maybe does something with the creature's power like +1/+1 counters?).

Red God gives the opponent life.

Blue God makes you discard 2 (?) cards.

Black God gives the opponent some tokens (probably crocodile tokens for that flavor).

White God weakens your other creatures (probably just -1/-1).

No, Tiago designed Snapcaster himself.
Again, you are thinking of Dark Confidant, which was designed by Mark Rosewater on Bob Maher's behalf.

Maybe I'm just negative about it since my group only wants to play commander all the time, some stuff definitely looks playable on commander but not stuff for me

>muh meta
What does that have to do with anything? If you're remarking about bfz being bad if really was a bad set.

I think the land counterspell is well within acceptable bounds. It's not much different than the other uncounterable 4 cmc counterspells. Certainly would have produced less butthurt.

> race stereotypically set in the mountains
> clearly should be white

I mean, stereotypical dwarf culture definitely makes sense as white, but that mountain home thing is a problem, flavor-wise.

3 toughness dies to most of the set and it doesn't first strike.
All you'll ever use it for is vehicles, but vigilance doesn't help with that.
Also, dies to eve the shittiest removal in the set.

Limited would be fine with this being a rare.

>three-card combo involving multiples of the same creature that each cost 4WW
More or less a non-issue.

That has pretty much always been WotC's problem with printing Dwarves. Characteristically they're White, but they're too strongly associated with Mountains to ignore that. Every single time they've been about to print Dwarves, this discussion cropped up and they didn't like any of the available options.

It seems like their attempt to reconcile it here is to just print them in a plane where it would be weird for them to be living in the Mountains and let the players just dismiss the connection on that premise instead.

I'm reserving my judgement for gremlins

>implying I won't evolve into this out of artifact doggo

Cmon son

I don't think anyone needs to imply that, because it's a fact.

You're going to Eldritch Evolution a CMC 2 creature into a CMC 5 one? Sit still, let me just call the judge.

Wouldn't the blue God just make madness better?

Doggo is CMC 3 acktually.

>2

CMON SON

Shut the fuck up maro

My mind went elsewhere. That thing seems more like a fox to me.

Ah now this guy will be piloting my vehicles.

Actual terrible mythic coming through.

I tried to make this work

The only good stitching is haunted dead

Oh wait, it literally is a Fox.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK RIGHT NOW. Stitchwing is good too.

Robot Wolf, professional racer.
There is no way this could go wrong.

>must have gift for everyone
>pretty good pickup for every draft deck
As soon as you are passed the bombs and top removal, this card gets drafted out of the pack.

Why do people care about Ceremonious Rejection again? It's just a different type of Annul.

And goblins should dwell in swamps and dark forest caves.

Still suffering winter flashbacks.

Hello.

Because it's relevant in every format outside of pauper?

Also, Emrakul was in how many top standard decks?

Yes, it counters things for one mana. That's what Annul did too.

This needs to pilot an Arwing.

And have a wolf pilot a Wolfen.

Please.

It's not drastically more relevant than variants of that kind of counter already were. This isn't the first time that kind of counter has existed.

except the 'things' annul countered were not powerful format defining creatures.

My your logic, it's just another Spell Snare, because that also countered things for one mana.
Totally the same card.

This counters many relevant things that Annul does not. I'm not sure how you're missing the obvious here.

Only one mythic left to spoil and it's gotta be b/w or colorless.

The red robo?

Eldrazi make up only a fraction of the "format defining creatures" in any format. I hate when people resort to "by your logic, X". Why can you only argue by putting words into my mouth? I'm not saying git won't be played butbits just the ones sideboard card, not format defining or anything. I really don't think not deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as fastlands, new Chandra, and for standard maybe Voltaic Brawler and Cataclysmic Hulk.

>Robo Lupine
>Robo Vulpine
>One is a wolf grafted to a robot suit
>The other is a cute wind up fox toy
>Together they fight crime.

>butbits just the ones sideboard card,
Don't know what the fuck happened here. It's just tech or a side board card

> I hate when people resort to "by your logic, X". Why can you only argue by putting words into my mouth?
the words from your mouth were "it counters things for one mana. That's what Annul did too". Which are really stupid words, because what the 'thing' is that it counters what matters in this situation.

I was pointing that out by going to the extreme of the statement you made, because it was a clearly a stupid statement.

>I really don't think not deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as fastlands, new Chandra, and for standard maybe Voltaic Brawler and Cataclysmic Hulk.

Well I think you're wrong.

> I really don't think not deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as fastlands, new Chandra, and for standard maybe Voltaic Brawler and Cataclysmic Hulk.
that isn't what you said before, you said it's just another type of annul then repeated yourself here, clarifying that you think it's just another type of annul because it counters things for one mana Leaving out that how good a counter spell is depends very much upon the type of 'thing' that it counters, because under 3 mana counters spells don't hit all 'things' anymore.

Only 12 Mythics have been spoiled so far. There's the Red Gearhulk left and likely two other slots, possibly more.

Well so much for my hopes of getting some more cool robotic angels to join Platinum.

At least the Gearhulks are neat.