Ugliest models

Which models do you think are the worst looking?

I've always hated the chaos spawn models, I always imagined the chaos spawn to look like John Carpenters 'The Thing', don't get me wrong, if you can paint them well in a flesh based colour it can look pretty good, but other then that when they are painted in red and black I hate them.

What's your opinion?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aXQ2lO3ieBA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>possessed.
>Mutilators
>obliterators.

Hell the whole CSM line outside of the shit they came out in the starter box and the termies look like absolute dog shit.

i think possessed could be cool with a remodel
muti/obliterators are beyond ugly and definitely need one
i would like chaos spawn, except that they don't actually look very imaginative for what it is that they're SUPPOSED to be, which is incredibly powerful champions of chaos who slipped up once and lost their gods' favor
in that pic though it could just be any random dude turned into a spawn

I think the old spawn had a bit more character to them, though judging by what you said I doubt you would have liked them either. The variety of parts in the newer spawn kits is a big plus but they've lost some character in the process.

As far as models I dislike, most new GW sculpts look terrible. Comparing the 3ed Raptors to the 6ed Raptors is fucking sad.

Plastic cadians.

I've got a Chaos Spawn in my Kill team list.

10 Cultists, 4 Rubrik Marines, 1 Sorcerer and a Spawn.

I know what I'm doing with the other models but that Chaos Spawn I'm stumped on. I want something feathered and beaked. Something that screams Tzeentch while also looking like it flopped and slithered out of a cronenberg movie.

Thinking of using pic related as the base model.

Fucking hell.

That's a nice model; I can't actually think of any way I could kitbash it that wouldn't ruin it.

But then, I'm no good with organic bitz.

i miss the old spawn

THe old spawn was much better at that; it had a major problem though, which was being just one model with no variations or options. Including more than one in the same army without heavily customizing at least one would mean having two perfectly identical models supposed to represent boiling masses of random mutations. Luckily they sucked so much that you wouldn't play any anyway,

Also, if you're planning on using chaos spawn, I can only suggest to use spare bits and greenstuff to make your own. Mine were amorphous bodies covered in veins, holes and various deformities, with tentacles, hands and faces erupting from its surface.

As for the ugliest GW models, I'd nominate the minotaurs, although they're more a symbol than anything else - not only they're horrible, but their horrible 'style' infected and corrupted many of the following releases and now goes strong in AoS.

The chaos spawn kit can make a pretty good tzeentch spawn.

Theres a bird head with some feathers on it, a taloned hand with feathers on it, a pair of shitty little barely formed wings, and one of the spaw bodies has talons/calws for feet, instead of hooves.

Stick some tentacles and eyeball bits on him and call it a day. I gave mine the crab claw too, and i really like how it turned out.

I really fucking hate this model. I hate it because the cluelessness of design is shown both artistically and logically.

It's a vehicle that doesn't know what the fuck it wants to be.
Is it a tacticool armor truck with distinctly untacticool filigree?
Is it a tank with turrets or is it a troop transport truck?
Why does it have a sloped lower half like a humvee, a side doored transport while having a hatch in the back like a squared off troop transport truck should?
Why have sloped armor for bullet deflection, but have exposed piping?
Why a hatch on a rapid deployment vehicle?

Why didn't they just fucking copy any millions of actual troop transport vehicles?

youtube.com/watch?v=aXQ2lO3ieBA
Video related

I never noticed the one on the left has a penis before. Is that the only GW model with a penis?

Damn, thanks for the link. Well worth the 11 minutes.

Colonel: And here, I present the new Taurox (pic related). It is a fast troop transport ideal for patrols and convoys. In addition to two crew it carries eight men. It also packs a Heavy Stubber in case of ambush.

General #1: Great work Colonel! Top job!

Genetal #2: Yes, splendid!

General #3: Wonderful! But tell me Colonel, what's with the wheels on the side?

Colonel: Ah, those are spare tyres, incase one of its own are ruining navigating difficult terrain, or fighting.

General #3: Hatches!

Colonel: Excuse me?

General #3: Take off the wheels and put hatches on the side! That means that our troops can get out on either side to really surprise the enemy!

Colonel: Okay...

General #2: Actually... Wheels? Who uses wheels?

Colonel: Well, we do. There's the Tauros, the Venator...

General #1: What are we? Orks? Get those wheels off and replace them with tracks!

General #2: Like the glorious Salamander or Chimera! Why don't you take a page from what already works, Colonel?

Colonel: I... Tank treads? But, there's no room for a continuous track AND hatches.

General #2: Then split them up! Two tracks on either side with room for the hatches!

General #3: Stunning idea! While we're at it, what's with the Heavy Stubber?

Colonel: What's wrong with it, sir?

General #3: It's just so... Puny. We need a real Guardsman's weapon up there. Something that can really bring the fear into the enemies of today.

General #1: It needs a Battle Cannon.

Colonel: WHAT?!

General #2: He's right. In the face of a new Black Crusade we need something that can penetrate traitor marine power armour.

Colonel: But... There's no room!

General #1: Well then put a turret at the top! There you go! 360 degree movement too!

Colonel: We literally can't fit it on!

General #3: Well then make it smaller! Find a way Colonel!

Colonel: Well... We could just about squeeze in a smaller version of the Battle Cannon... But then it couldn't penetrate power armour anymore...

Adrian Smith has a good piece regarding the Chaos spawn. Pic related.

The actual GW spawn models are pretty generic and boring, but it's a wonderful unit for tons and tons of conversions.

Personally I've always hated the Dark Eldar Grotesque model. It looks ridiculous in its pose and having more than 1 in a unit makes it look even worse. I wish they'd release a plastic kit with them in more acceptable poses.

You forgot:
>the tracked version is Fast while the wheeled version isn't

>Cont.

General #2: Then stick one of our hot-shot volley guns on it too!

Colonel: ...

General #2: No, two!

General #3: Yes, amazing! Really strike the fear of the God-Emperor into those traitorous dogs! Think you can do it, Colonel?

Colonel: *sigh* Yeah... If we reduce the troop capacity a bit...

General #1: Ah, that's something I wanted to talk to you about Colonel... Eight men? What squad of the glorious Astra Militarum has eight men? No, it needs to fit in ten!

Colonel: Well, it's more for Command Squads and Stormtroopers, sir. And with these changes, we could only fit in five at a push.

General #2: Too limited! Here, give me those schematics. We just need to expand the backside out a bit.

General #3: Oh and put in a sloping back. You know, in case it gets hit from behind!

General #2: Capital idea!

General #1: Oh, oh. Put some lions on it! The hallmark of the Militarum Tempestus!

General #2: Excellent! Then the enemy will really know who they're dealing with!

Colonel: Didn't you say that you wanted normal squads to be able to use it?

General #3: Ah, but the enemy doesn't know who's in the vehicle, do they? Give me that pen *furiously scribbles lions everywhere*

General #2: Perfect! There you go Colonel! You do all of that and we've got ourselves a vehicle.

Colonel: ...I'll get right on it, sir.

Why are minotaurs alway shit?
Can anybody show me good minotaurs (from any manufacturer, I don't care)?

Yes, it's fucking terrible.
It's the first time I see it and I just hate it too...

Maybe its just nostalgia, but I liked the old Minotaurs a lot.

The new style of muscles in GW minis is awful. And the paint job only worsens it.

perfect

I did like old Minotaurs too.
Anyway, there's plenty of good ones around.

Confrontation:

More good minotaurs, now from Mierce Miniatures

I would gladly watch a 2 hour docu-drama that's nothing but this.

And lastly from Scibor:

Back on topic for ugly ass miniatures:

posting Age of Sigmar is cheating

They look like muscular babies

Fake beards, or dwarf hair helm crest?

>Implying all of AoS's releases are shit
>"Hurdur the rules are bad so the models must be as well"
Dude, the Bloodbound and Varanguard are some of the best chaos models released in ages. The Sylvaneth releases are gorgeous. The Ironjaws are beyond amazing. Even the Stormcast, individually, look really nice when not painted like shit.

The Fyreslayers are the ultimate in shit models, ill agree with that, but damn... the rest of the models are freaking amazing. Good models is all AoS has going for over all.

The worst part of these, as a Sigmar fag myself, is that to play the army in any way you have to literally spam like 60+ of these guys, they look HORRIBLE individually and look even worse when all thrown together on the table. The biggest faction failure from GW in a long time...

Not ugly as in badly sculpted but ugly as in horrifying to look at.

I liked the old ones infinitely better. These always look so freaking awkward on the table and are such a hassle to play with in the game due to how they extend way past their bases. Worst part is that they are so bland that they cant even be painted in a way that redeems them. They always look so out of freaking place.

As a chaos daemons player Im damn glad we have plastic daemonettes and not these anymore.
The Juan Diaz ones would be nice but im still happy with the new plastics, just got to paint them well.

Do not mistake shitty tastes for good models.

Seriously, these things are horrible. The 'horses' are fat and unappealing, there's a clumsy attempt at monstrous mutations that just makes them awkward and ridiculous rather than interesting or intimidating, and the knights are just as boring and filled with uninspired details. Compare them to the plastic chaos knights, or even better the metal ones that came ten years ago or so.
Bloodbound have some ok things (warriors and reavers) and some utterly disgusting pieces of shit in the exact same, ugly trend of the varanguard and the minotaurs, like the wrathmongers.
Ironjaws are alright I guess and Sylvaneth actually have interesting designs and good sculpts, but Chaos and Sigmarines are just cheap shit.

Wut? The Prime and regular versions both have tracks. And the Prime is Fast while carrying a turret/missile launcher.

Lets not pretend that GW has the monopoly on ugly, ugly models.

Fuck sake, forgot my image

The one with the hammer-wielding rider always makes me laugh because of the combination of the face and pose makes it looks like its going HURRRRR as it faceplants

Why is she presenting a cucumber?
Is this some clever Russian rouse to bait an enemy closer and then slash them with the craftily concealed sword?

>Varanguard are ugly
>chaos knights are better
Have you actually SEEN Varanguard on a real table, these things look amazing. Like most GW shit these days their photo skills are shit tier, these things look amazing in person.

Chaos Knights show their age these days, they are so static and mono-posed, with slightly different armor. Hell the mounted Marauder models look nicer and more dynamic these days then chaos knights. And even trying to compare the old metal ones is laughable. I get nostalgia but seriously...

>Do not mistake shitty tastes for good models.
I think you need to think about that for yourself, these things look right out of the Slaves to Darkness book, creepy mutated shit all over them and weird mounted monstrosities.

Its been over 15 hours and these haven't been posted, I'm ashamed of you all...

These are so terrible that GW had to make them one of the best close combat units in the game just to sell them...

Also this fucker... Logan would have been perfect as just a blister hero, but becoming furry santa is just sad...

I wonder where the "slightly wolf mutation" went.

Wouldnt these be purged onsight?
At least you can infiltrate chaos by blending in.

I'll give you Logan, but the new wulfen look fine. Monopose, sure, but I'd still get a unit cause they look fuckin cool.

Who cares about digganobs?

>The Sylvaneth releases are gorgeous. The Ironjaws are beyond amazing

I'll give you those, but even then the Warchanter and new treekin look so awkward and constipated, every release has it's shit minis

For Chaos, i utterly disagree. Varanguard look laughable even in person, no matter how often you post that guy's nurgle conversion. The only good Bloodbound models are the Slaughterpriests i'd say.

>no matter how often you post that guy's nurgle conversion
That's not a nurgle conversion though... its the out of the box model, just not painted like shit.

>The only good Bloodbound models are the Slaughterpriests i'd say.
Honestly the best one is the Exalted Deathbringer...

The old one was cool as shit, but I actually like all the compositions you can do with the plastic Chaos spawns.

As for ugliest models; all plastic infantry for Astra Milita has shitty proportions and anatomy.

Dude there are two campaign books that are trying to say these guys are ok, apparently Spacewolves now genetically reject chaos... so these mutated guys are supposed to be super good guys that diddendonuffin

But in the first book they are revealed and every major chapter, led by the Dark Angels send a fleet to Fenris and are nuking the shit out of the planet. The next book is going to be the grey knights being rescued by the Space wolves and the wulfen being given the "they cool bros" and the other chapters being forced to accept them...

Its going to be stupid as shit.

>Liking actual mutant models in your space marine army
>Not seeing these things as the abominations they are
>They are literally skipping forward with wolverine claws
People like this are why space wolves became wolfy frost bitches...

Sylvaneth is one of the best releases GW has had in years.

I can dig the plot, but this just blurry the line between chaos and damaged genseed.

the inquisition doesn't fuck with space wolves anymore after they were kicked off of fenris.
Also, being a first founding chapter they get special treatment

We need more fluff wherein the imperium's retarded vehicle design is explained as such.

Design by committee is probably the most nightmarish thing an engineer can imagine.

>Being first founding somehow grants immunity
Tell that to the Blood Angels and Dark Angels, both shown to do everything possible to keep the imperium from finding out their secrets, knowing they would be completely fucked.

Wolves used to get away with it because the Fang is Emperor's palace tier solid and there are more pressing matters. It was also over relatively petty shit, like their religious views and minor squabbles with individual inquisitors. A heresy like this SHOULD warrant their destruction, no questions asked. "Special preference" doesn't mean you get to be mutated chaos monsters.

Its people believing shit like this that make the wolves the shit tier they are...

I seem to recall that when the Wulfen were first introduced in Eye of Terror back in, what, 2003 or so, there was a lot more ambiguity over whether it was Chaos taint that caused a minority of the 13th company to mutate, and even then, the regular Space Wolves were really worried about what it meant for them. They also only used the remains of the original Legion armour with bits of Chaos Marine suits for repairs rather than special magic ice claws or backpack guns - what's the backstory for these new guys?

Space Wolves are also not a part of the codex astartes, so they are the most unorthodox chapter in the Imperium.

The wulfen mutation has existed in the fluff before the Eye of Terror campaign.

>Space Wolves are also not a part of the codex astartes
No one is "PART" of the codex astartes, its a fucking book of tactics that most chapters follow and diverge from. However they ARE part of the Imperium, and mutation is never allowed. The Black Dragons bare simple mutations of just a horn on their head and a few bony claws on their wrists and they are the upmost limit of what the Inquisition is tolerating, and even then they are monitored constantly. In what way does anything allow clear heresy and mutation in the Space Wolves ranks?

Also
>they are the most unorthodox chapter in the Imperium
Black Templars say high

"Unorthodox" is going "you know what, lets have apprentices rather than a scout company" or "given the number of suits we have, why don't we have Terminators leading individual line-Marine squads rather than as squads in themselves". They've gone way past "unorthodox" at this point.

They didn't exist in the TT game until EoT, they were added as part of the 13th Company list.

God Damn Perfect. Well Done user.

>what's the backstory for these new guys

As I remember, they're 30k era weapons Russ equipped them with. Take a wild guess if we're going to see any of them in FW's 30k.

Unorthodox is doing something a little weird, not telling your entire society "fuck your shit, we do what we want" and allowing something that would cause exterminatus on literally any other planet.
I mean shit, you don't see the ultramarines running around with half-eagle men and screaming "it's okay guys, it's just a little unorthodox, but they cool, we swear".

Oh God no.

On the plus, at least Forge World might sculpt them a little better. Then again, maybe they'll be part of that thing with the plastic Ahriman and stay exactly the same

I miss the days when vanilla Marines could have terminator sergeants in squads, even scout ones.

Also, Iron Hands had terminator sergeants and as I remember, their clans weren't like standard companies but instead each one contained a scout, tactical, support, assault, mechanical and veteran element in on itself.

I always imagined spawn as being some kind of mutation out of Bloodborne like pic related or something like your picture.

Infact a force themed like that could make an excellent Crimson Slaughter CSM army with lots of possessed...

I think the Forge World designers were quoted as saying they are toning down the wolves dramatically with their release in HH. We might see mention of them but probably not actually see them at all or be able to play them.

We'll see. Maybe it'll just be an upgrade for certain squads, like the Dark Channeling with Word Bearers, representing the unit being inflicted by the curse of the wulfen. FW can make an upgrade kit for plain marines with hairy arms, bestial heads, crude weapons and some decorative bits. Maybe torsos with chains and skulls.

Or the SW special destroyer squad is the plastic wolfens with some extra resin bits, armed with all the ice pun weapons and replacing their rad grenades with frostbite grenades that drops enemy initiative to 1 or something.

It was the Iron Hands I was thinking of when I wrote that, their Index Astartes article and suggested rules had that.

Good to know.

On topic, these things are mine, especially the one on the far right.

It's just a beer and pretzels setting, bro. You're not supposed to think about these things.

God damnit I can't wait for FW to make them space-vikings again instead of "frosty wolfy bark bark"

I hate how the two in the front look so overdetailed, even on their heads. Like goddamn, how is anyone supposed to feasibly paint all that detail properly? How are you supposed to notice any of the color details without the rest drowning each other out?

I can't really argue that these guys don't look a shitton better.

Not really. That means they're goig for the "celtic" look but that's it.

No furry shit and no wolfy shit either, just regular marines with slight celtic accents.

AHAHAHAHA WHAT THE FUCK ARE THOSE?
Who the fuck saw those sculpts and OK'd them for release to the public?

What the fuck is this.

Is this some AoS stuff?

Why must GW consistently fuck up their well established franchises.

What the FUCK is this?

Isnt this insta-chaos ? Why are these allowed to live?

I don't care, I want to get this, put my Praetor on it and use it as a jetbike.

DIGGANOBZ

This is just personal taste, but I felt like this and the other related model weren't good for the Mechanicus.

I wish that they would still get attack wolves. Those are classic to SW.

It's all that useless flesh. I wonder what they'd look if they were painted as wearing like a bodyglove with like silver circuitry on it or something.

Russ had a pair, so it'd be very weird if they didn't get any. If characters can buy wolves, I'm buying more than a few packs of the thing and give all my sergeants and ICs wolves.

>Space Wolves now genetically reject Chaos

What? That makes no sense. There have been traitor Space Wolves in the lore before, like Svane Vulfbad.

And can you argue that resisting Chaos is really worth the price of just about every Space Wolf running the risk of turning into a big wolf or a wulfen in a bad moment? If someone said that the Blood Angels having the Red Thirst and Black Rage made them resistant to Chaos, we'd all laugh.

Fatbeards are gonna sperg about it and call you a furry, though.

The horrible paintjob on her doesn't do the model any favours. user could've showcased how awful the model is in the actual studio work.

>Silvery Adonis
That would probably look pretty excellent actually.

I really like the model, it's just not really in that GrimDarkSkullsBlood corner GW have painted themselves into.

If this is furry, I don't care.

You sick furry bastard.

while the foot guys suck I kinda like that fire lizard they got, was going to kitbash it for my lizards

They could had done pic related, but nope...

Big problem is that they're suppose to be priests, but look like lowly servitors or thralls. They don't have the majesty of a priest. Maybe if the unit consisted of priests (modeled more like pic related) with electro-thralls (the half-naked dudes). The thralls could boost the priests powers and suffer wounds from feedback loops.

>paint with metallics
>shave the ears and add bits to the heads
hello new flayed ones

I've never figured out what the thingie it has in the front is. A tiny head with bone protrusions and rows of teeth?

what is Designed by committee and why is it so aweful I'd expect something designed collectively to have BETTER wide appeal because it has more references and sources to work with

while the new ones are more WOLF and monstrous looking, these ones a defiantly more believable, it fits that these are the result of a gene seed mutation and are sent at the front of the meat grinder like Dwarf Slayers, the new ones feel like they should be in a breakaway faction that embraced the mutation all together and fell to chaos

That middle guy's about to crane kick someone in the balls

>I once caught a fish THIIIIIS BIG!
>Give Uncle Wulfy a HUUUUG!
he just looks so damn happy

What do you mean they 'genetically reject chaos'?
That wouldn't make any sense. Chaos has nothing to do with genes, it's a force that corrupts and mutates everything it touches. It mutates inanimate objects and the very earth, for fuck's sake, what would genetics have to do with that? Why is GW so retarded with their own setting?