/wfg/

Last Thread: HOW ABOUT Y'ALL STOP BEING CUNTS AND TALK WARHAMMER EDITION

>1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook (Hardback).pdf

>Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux

>Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
rpg.by/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=13981
the-ninth-age.com/index.php?thread/17406-is-this-how-you-whant-you-koe-to-look-like-poll/&s=cb3dd02c79b0b833cb11c7ed59a0841f448741bb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Shit, I remember that from Warhammer World. There was something like a couple of thousand skeleton mini's used for that, yeah?

Yeah, in the White Dwarf announcing Vampire Counts as their own army. I scanned it a few years back for these threads.

>nnnnh u are not allowed to discuss vidya because I dont like it and I say so

Use the real OP, dumbass.

Warhammer Fantasy General: Edition

Talk about all Warhammer Fantasy and The 9th Age products and lore. Please be courteous and try to limit your End Times fluff discussion since its mostly seen as just the start of Age of Sigmar.

Link to last thread:

>1d4chan

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)

>Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
>Endhammer

>9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

Fuck me, I can't even begin to imagine how many people and how much time and money went into that thing. Is it still on display?

Simple rule, you bitch about it, it goes. We used to allow AoS discussion here too, but you faggots shit that up as well.

People bitch, so shit gets cut.

i dont remember these things being bitched out of the OP
i remember some guy putting his punny joke in there instead of the longer messages and that then got copy pasted by someone incompetent to the next thread etc

also you speak as if aos not being discussed (which it still does somehow) on here is some kind of major loss

no more drama

post Fay

druchii a shit
asrai a best

So I started a new campaign in Total Warhammer as the Empire. As I'm crushing the secessionists at Grunburg, I hear Franz say during the battle "This is why you don't give the provinces power."

Does Franz not believe in the individual sovereignty of each individual state? OR is he just salty that he has to take back his own province from rebels?

but drama is part of warhammer. unlike total war warhammer

also THICC > fay

its a random guy who says that.
>This is what happens when you give power to the provinces
Its harmless banter. Just like when the empire fights vampire counts and the soldiers say. "Don't let the zombies bite."

all elfs are best

>also you speak as if aos not being discussed (which it still does somehow) on here is some kind of major loss

Eh, not discussing AoS-centric lore is fine and all, but ignoring ideas that could be backtracked is pretty cuntish. I remember some user trying to talk about how you could convert Sigmarines into Slaaneshi Chaos Warriors and people just bitched him out for it because >DUH, AOS-FAG.

We used to include WFRP details too, but the same thing happened there. Just seems like you guys aren't content unless you're arguing about something.

What ever happened to Warmaster?

She has STD, elves don't have any diseases.

you are objectively wrong about two things in this post

Isn't that originally a vampire model from Mordheim? Nice re-use of it, though.

>"This is why you don't give the provinces power."

He's jesting, knave. He's not seriously suggesting that he should rule the entire Empire under his velvet clad fist.

>What ever happened to Warmaster?

Does anyone still play that? Feels like 8ed made that scale of fight pretty obsolete.

Also Morathi's ass is thicker anyway.

Anyone remember what that game was where you had hexagonical squares to paint and to put together?
I got a square with the white dwarf it was announced with but i dont remember seeing fuck all else about it other than that one square

Mighty Empires. A Campaign expansion for WFB, based on an older, more in-depth ruleset. Fuck, I miss WFB Campaigns. That was the fucking shit right there.

Is this 2ed information is still relevant? I saw newer amazons WD article but didn't saved it.

>tg hates end times
>hates gw writing
>attempts to make a better version of it
>literally just as bad if not worse than actual endtimes
>worse than literal GW fan fiction writing

What's really the point of endhammer? It's just a bad fan fiction scenario based on josh reynolds fan fiction yet somehow manages to leave out the best parts of that. Face it, if endhammer had been the alternative to endtimes and this is what was produced by GW, people would have hated it just as much as they hate ET and AoS. Only A very small minority would have liked all the "character developement" changes like the elves losing Ulthuan or every faction in the setting losing. The rest of us would have REEEEEEE'd just as hard if GW shat this monument to compromise out instead of the actual Endtimes

i think amazons have so little written of them that any and all info is relevant

i prefer thinking the old world is stuck in a valten vs archaon storm of chaos limbo

Fay are thicc.

> leave out the best parts of that.

What parts are missing that you'd like to see? Endhammer is still in it's infancy, what changes aren't you happy with?

>49234627
This fucking cunt keeps complaining about the same shit even though he lost the vote by a country mile. Shut the fuck up, vladfag.

>no TW art
unless I am deliberately shitposting ofc.

You're the only fuck that complains about it.

Ignore him. It's the same fucking dude. 60+ people voted in the last elf vote. And this guy is still pissed only two people were against the schism idea.

He's the only one "reeeing" in here. Everyone else either ignores the project, humors it, or takes part.

It amuses me because practically every media about humans in a post-apocalyptic scenario inevitably has the whole 'us vs them' story line where two groups of comparably good people go to war because they both think their way is right.

Which, humorously, is basically what's happening here.

It's like "get the fuck over it."

I don't like that the new elf idea won. But it took a convincing majority of the votes and I can't do shit, so I'm not gonna complain.

So people didn't prefer my ideas. What the fuck. I'll contribute to a different part of the project.

GW never did anything perfect either, but at least with Endhammer I can contribute and argue and people actually care about old fluff.

I still contribute to dorfs and plan on helping out with Lizzies and KANGZ. So far the dwarf ideas didn't get shot the fuck down for not being grimderp enough, and nothing aside from the current dwarf endhammer situation is bad enough to complain about

Then please stop bitchinh about other shit, dude. It's done.

I'm just going to stick with pre-ET WFB instead of 9th Age or Endhammer. It may not be great, or arguably isn't even good, but at least you can't really argue about it.

What have you been contributing to the EndHammer Dwarf situation?

Personally I've stuck with 6ed as far as mechanics go. I like the Endhammer project because it's trying to add more material to the world, even though GW was content to can it.

Anyone play a WFB campaign here? I'd love to hear some story time.

Dude, just don't talk about the videogame. Its not Veeky Forums

Story tiem? Story tiem.

>Mid nineties.
>Still in highschool with friends
>They got me in to Warhammer through the gateway drug known as Mordheim
>Start of the year, friend suggests a WFB campaign
>Dwarf Engineer Guild, Sigmarite Zealots, Necromantic Undead, Nurgle Cultists and Savage Orcs
>Orc player has a terrain board of the Empire he'd made for this occason. We use Standard Bearer minis to represent armies and have to keep a notebook with what troops are with each standard.
>Have a GM to keep things impartial.
>Fucking Dwarfs and Undead are speedy motherfuckers in the campaign, compared to the rest.
>Necromancer corners himself off in the Drakwald and just starts ressing zombies and skellies.
>Nurgle is working on polluting the land.
>Dwarf-fag built a fucking zeppelin and is harrassing everyone.
>Sigmarite and Orc players are the only ones keepng their shit together and working to stop Nurgle and Necromancer from becoming too big to deal with.
>Shit ain't working.
>Campaign rules for Seasonal Magic is OP'd as fuck. Dwarf player is practically shitting himself that he didn't take a rune lord - could have been generating some fucking terrifying rune weapons.
>Necromancer makes a move.
>Systematically corners off the Dwarf into his hold.
>Dwarf starts working on a doomsday engine, people ignore him.
>Sigmarite is throwing down with Nurgle on the regular, pushing back ever chance he got.
>Savage Orc went under the radar like a mother fucker, won at the end of the year by a goddamn landslide.

The game was points based, about holding certain critical locations at the end of every season. Had some great moments.

One of my favourites was a Dwarf Enginner Lord decked out with some stupid level armour and gear holding a bridge against wave after wave of undead that couldn't mechanically beat him or break through.

Lasted for a while until the Necromancer player asked if his skellies could just cross the river.

No one cares about your super snowflake bullshit. Total War Warhammer is irrelevant to warhammer fantasy except in the most tertiary of ways. Either talk about traditional games or go back to

Bitching about a vidya isn't /wfb/. This thread is just about Warhammer guys. Just...chat warhammer. If he want's to post shit from the Vidya, let him. If it's pointless shit posting, he'll just get hidden and ignored.

Let's be real - who the hell really wants to talk about videogames on /v/?

rpg.by/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=13981

Some campaign rules, in case people are interested.

fuck off you butthurt backseat moderator, Total Warhammer is one of the main factors keeping this thread alive at all.

WFB is not in a position where it could afford to refuse publicity from any source, be it Man o War, Total War Warhammer, or even a CK2 mod, and people like you are the most annoying thing encountered in these threads.

Ignore them and they will go away user.

>WFB is not in a position where it could afford to refuse publicity from any source, be it Man o War, Total War Warhammer, or even a CK2 mod, and people like you are the most annoying thing encountered in these threads.

Food for thought - what do you think would happen if you went into the Warhammer thread on /v/ and started posting images of models and asking questions about paint tips?

Looks pretty similar to what I grew up using. Are there any other campaign rules or are they just derivative of this? Anyone got any homebrewed campaign rules they used to use?

>started posting images of models and asking questions about paint tips?
If you're lucky there's some tabletop veterans in the thread, but it being /v/, you'll likely be ignored in favour of a dub or dank maymay post.

Now in Veeky Forums, you'll almost certainly will get genuine advice, because the /twg/ is also full of actual tabletop veterans.

>Food for thought - what do you think would happen if you went into the Warhammer thread on /v/ and started posting images of models and asking questions about paint tips?
they would say that it is pretty cool and wished they could buy a few cheaper ones.

So now that we've all agreed that Warhammer is great, can we stop bitching about vidya and just talk Warhammer?

what is there to talk about?

I don't know much about the lore and frankly would rather look it up in a wiki. Talking about total war would have been my forte but apparently it is heretical now.

I can only say that the endhammer project looks cringe from my perspective.

I liked the warhammer battle report in the newest white dwarf. Made me want to start collecting.

What attracts you to Total War, then? If it's the video game aspect, you'd be better off over at the TWWH thread on /v/, for both dialogue and interest.

If you want to know more about the setting, I'd recommend:

Otherwise we mostly talk about Endhammer, WFRP campaigns and ideas, modelling tips, conversions and custom armies.

40k changed a lot.

What about the battle report drew you? I haven't read it myself. What army interests you?

I know enough about the story. I did my research when the game was announced and read several books from the Veeky Forums archive.

I wanna do more lore accurate campaigns in my videogames.

I suppose I should take it to /v/

Yeah, they'll be able to help you there. Cheers though, and good luck!

Hey, what are those big fuckers on the Sigmarines side? The ones next to the number four? Look like they'd make a great Dragon conversion.

It's funny. I've seen this posted a few times, but I've never actually seen anyone post a Commander Keen thread.

Stardrakes. They are the sigmarines monster.

Looks cool seeing all the models shuffling around the fortifications. The tale of 4 gamers part made me think the armies aren't too expensive, 50 quid and I could start playing. Thinking about either Ironjaw orks or Soulblight vampires. An army of a few big guys.

>I wanna do more lore accurate campaigns in my videogames.

Then you need to read some of the Empire's history, depending on the faction you want to play as. Good luck with it.

What's everyone else working on at the moment? I've been tickled with the idea of a fantasy version of the Infinity system, trying to figure out a way to make it work.

working on the chosen Elf route and some minor stuff.

TMS Miniatures is starting concept work on their replacement Bretonnian range.

the-ninth-age.com/index.php?thread/17406-is-this-how-you-whant-you-koe-to-look-like-poll/&s=cb3dd02c79b0b833cb11c7ed59a0841f448741bb

Vote there if you like the direction of their new Peasants.

What were the results of the Elf vote? I missed it.

There's a newbie guide in the OP, and almost every single Warhammer thing ever published is there too.

>Stardrakes

Ah, it's a fucking beautiful sight to see. I fear it's got a prohibitive price tag attached to it.

>The tale of 4 gamers
Are they doing the whole 'everyone spends XX every month and builds an army together' schtick? That was always fun reading.

>I wanna do more lore accurate campaigns in my videogames.

Well if you have lore questions you can ask here. If you have vidya questions, you can ask /v/.

Nice!

I hate to tell you, but none of those things are Warhammer Fantasy.

You want the Age of Sigmar General. Its...well, its the Heroes Of The Storm to our Warcraft 2, Warcraft 3, World Of Warcraft, Warcraft Board Game, Warcraft RPG, and World Of Warcraft RPG.

>What's everyone else working on at the moment?

I'm working on an warband of Mining Sea Dwarfs with a 20k Leagues feel. Also toying with the idea of what it would take to make a decent WFB board game.

>Ah, it's a fucking beautiful sight to see. I fear it's got a prohibitive price tag attached to it.
I'm not a big fan. They still just look like Wyverns wearing T-shirts being ridden by Space Marines to me.

Also, its kind of creepy that they're asexually reproducing demigods that are made of stars, but also aren't and their progenitor is something that exists beyond time, space, and Chaos.

I don't know. Just makes me think someone let their teenage son get high and write some shit for Warhammer.

Alright, I'll see you there

>Ironjaw orks or Soulblight vampires.

The AoS general should be able to help you out better as far as rules and lore goes for them - but we can always help out with conversions/painting tips.

Ho, not me. I've been staying away from that.

Its depressing as hell to see people gobbling up that garbage lore.

>Also, its kind of creepy that they're asexually reproducing demigods that are made of stars, but also aren't and their progenitor is something that exists beyond time, space, and Chaos.

They are not asexual. They have females and males.

Well...according to the backseat mods, no we can't. This is a Veeky Forums WFB general, not painting and converting general.

I'll help whoever the fuck I want if they post. Report it if you want to be a pisschild.

As I recall it was literally stated somewhere that they asexually reproduce when they were first released.

I recall AoS general flipping the fuck out about it.

That's a ...less flattering angle. Still, the model has potential. Maybe not enough to warrant the cost, though.

>Well...according to the backseat mods, no we can't. This is a Veeky Forums WFB general, not painting and converting general
>I'll help whoever the fuck I want if they post. Report it if you want to be a pisschild.

Can you fuck off and 'sperg somewhere else? I was just saying we can offer them better hel with the painting/converting/lore side of things than we could with the vidya side of things because - lo and behold - this is Veeky Forums. Now you're just being a jackass.

I thought the Sigmarines were the reforged souls of those willing to fight for Sigmar? Or something? Again, a better question for /AoS/.

No, the dragons are asexually reproducing children of a giant star dragon that's outside the cycle of Chaos and Order. Sigmarines are reforged mortals who live only to destroy Chaos.

According to the Lexicanum

"Stormcast Eternals were once mortal heroes, plucked from countless battlefields to undergo a series of long and agonizing trials[4b] in the Realm of Azyr. Reforged by this process, both in body and mind, they emerged as immortal golden warriors.[1][2] Such is their physical transformation that they tower over mortal men[4a] and lighting runs through their veins. Their armor is reforged from the enchanted remains of the world-that-was.[4b]"

No no.

The Star Drakes and Dracoths have sexes and genders. However, what you seems to have confused you is the fact that they can reincarnate. When they die, these souls go to High Azyr to be reborn.

>giant star dragon

There is no cycle and Dracothian is a being of Azyr and Order.

>the dragons are asexually reproducing children of a giant star dragon that's outside the cycle of Chaos and Order

...huh.

Good question. Is there any repository where the results are kept?

44% in favor of the new idea, around 20% in favour of current endhammer and 20% in favour of going with the end times canon

What's the consensus on the results? Do we go with the highest percentage, or revote until we get a 50%+ majority?

>Man o War

Did anyone play Man'o'War back in the day? How does it compare to Dreadfleet? Is Dreadfleet any good?

Any WFRP players on care to share their adventures?

>The Hammerhands
>The Gore Children
Pretty much sums up the AoS demographic

Endhammer is a nice idea on concept , but it's destined to fail because is flawed from the start.

"Vladfag" here, I say just leave it. 44% is the majority, and I've come to learn That in any situation involving voting there will always be people unhappy with the results. But such is democracy.

Also I find it funny how "vladfag" ended up sticking when I mentioned him in all of 2 posts. One was basically a "why is this competition for the emperor position between 2 teenagers when elector count Vlad is the strongest snd most competent one, who shouldn't be hand waved as a minor threat because gelt is containing him for some reason." The second was just a sarcastic "well if the empire split what's stopping them from getting BTFO by Vlad?" I mean the dude did singlehandedly turn 2 crushing empire defeats into victories. I mostly complain about the schism and Ulthuan sinking, I never brought up Vlad after those posts.

I have a lot but unfortunately I have stuff to do. Keep an eye on future threads, I might post some.

>Bloodthirster
>bloodletter
Fucking stupid, so edgy
>corpse cart
>necrosphinx
>helblaster
>plagueclaw catapult
>ironguts
Holy shit these are so bad
>anvil of doom
>screaming bell of doom
>Mortis engine
>screaming skull catapult
>ripperdactyl
>keeper of secrets
>great unclean one
It's like they aren't even trying, holy shit AoS is so bad, I prefer the totally unique yet grounded warhammer fantasy names

I..can't tell if you're insulting AoS, Warhammer, being sarcastic or are just confused.

Probably because the Vlad conundrum is a valid question.

OR you're not Vladfag.

I think someone from Veeky Forums was spamming Vlad around the time I mentioned it, and everyone assumed we were the same person so it stuck.

Fantasy names were just as bad as AoS, it's just they were around for longer so we got used to it. Fantasy settings in general have some pretty ridiculous names if you're gonna be autistic about it, it's really a non complaint that only comes up when people need a longer list of things to bitch about

We're all anonymous here, dude. Nobody thinks you're anyone.

As for the names - I don't think he was poking fun at AoS names, just that a lot of AoS players play Sigmarines and Khorne. Which is understandable, given they were some of the first new models out.

Anyone In favor of getting rid of the End times super plagues that nurgles forces used to BTFO 3 major imperial cities In less than a day? If cities are going to fall is prefer it to be after a hard fought seige, not "holy shit our defenses have been completely wiped out by magic that's never been encountered before, and now we're outnumbered 10:1 by chaos warriors and daemons"

I'd like to keep the plague, but have it just hit the old, weak and infirm. After a major siege, a lot of people injured but still capable of fighting and then - bam - plague hits and every open wound becomes infected. Doesn't just wipe out cities, but does cripple them.

Let the plagues keep their claws, but just trim them a little.

>Here's Talabheim
>A fuckhuge city in a crater
>Can't even be properly sieged since it's so huge it has it's farms protected inside it's natural walls
>Nurgle just turns it into a pus volcano and everyone dies :^)
That was damn lame and anticlimatic, It may be worth bringing it up for discussion

Why did the gods have such an active role in the End Times event?

They Already had to deal with plagues like that, I'm talking about the ones that were so anticlimactic and over the top that it was just bad story telling. Marienburg has the best sea defense in the old world, a wall built by dwarfs? Nope, plague eats through all of it in minutes, everyone dies. Then there's the talabheim problem mentioned, it was really, really dumb. The altdorf one can't happen because we aren't doing the incarnates, so no Sigmar returning in the flesh and disappating it. It allowed to happen the garden of nurgle would have overtaken the whole empire.