Risk Thread - New OP, Please be Gentle

As I said, I'm new to this, so when I inevitably fuck up, please let me know.

This map is a modified version of the standard Risk map/rules that I made a while back, and I'd like to test it out. However, if there are other map suggestions, I'll run whichever is most popular.

I'd like to have at least 5-6 people before we start. I'll only play if we don't get enough.

Self-bumping like a fag

This is probably pointless, but what the hell.

Alright, last bump and I'll call it a night.

you here?

bump

Yup. Welcome!

Roman Republic
Dark Red
Rome

Albert, Duke of Prussia
Prussia (Koenigsberg)
Grey

you're in

You're in as well.

Quick mupdate so I don't forget

we dont roll right?

Well, as we wait either for more people or for the thread to die, How've you lot been lately?

No, rolling starts once we have a few more people.

i know know the trip but cant place it...
been good. hosted some hits and some failures.
GoB last night was a remnant. 8 factions taken, but only 5 rollers at any one time (diff afks every round)

*I know I know

I think we played in a few games together a while back. You were Prussia and I was Naples, I think?

and i tried to crusade and help but couldn't get there quick enough and you became... someone in the east?

Exactly. I died and became Russia, I think.

Long time no see Prussiabro, it's nice to run into you again.

same here. hope players come. glad to see you again though

This is pretty much the only Risk thread up right now, so I'm a little surprised there aren't more.

You know, I always meant to ask; why do you always play Prussia?

>Tartessos
>Light Blue
>Southwest Portugal

And right when I was about to lose hope. You're in

noice

I think it is understated how much one duchy achieved in such a short time.
The modernized and organized Germany for the first time. Lots of other personal reasons. They were also some of the last holdouts as euro-paganbros etc.

*it is not understood by most

I've always thought Prussia was pretty based, but I never really read up on them in depth. I really should one of these days..

By the way, I apologize for all the awkward small-talk, folks. We just need one-two more people and we can begin.

What's sad is no one actually studies the Northern Crusades against the Baltic pagans.

Mupdate

By the way, I'd appreciate some feedback on the changes I made to the map and rules, and any suggestions you may have regarding changes or improvements.

I like the rules and real want to play. Save it and will def host it myself soon. I love the advancement from duchy to empire. The bonuses seem simple enough for some of the less intelligent players to grasp, and seems balanced enough.
Has it been played?

I consider myself to be at least a dabbling history buff, and I admit that I had no clue the Northern Crusades even happened until just a few years ago. They don't seem to be a super popular subject, for some reason.

Awesome, I hope you get some good games out of it.

Nope, never been played before. I just finalized it earlier today

What times are you available to host?

Pretty much all day on the weekends, and anytime after 4:30 GMT. Why do you ask?

There are times when more people are here. 00:00-02:00 GMT is good in the week. Anytime on weekend. Are you in the chat?

Good to know.

Probably not, to which chat are you referring?

Then yeah you arent. Skype. I posted you thread there but it looks dead. Most us ameribros asleep right now

I had no clue there was a skype chat. I guess I should get skype and get in there, then. What's it called?

The name changes, but i have to see how to add people. The way it usually goes is you have someone add you. Not sure you can ge in without invite. Havent added anyone so im looking.

Ah, I see. Let me know if you figure it out

Do you have skype? If so ill give you the current name of group and see if you can search it.

Just setting it up now, but yea.

Search "TC- Muh Dick Mofo Edition"
The name is constantly changed by participants and you find wierd names such as this

Gotcha

Nothing comes up when I search for it, so I suspect you'll have to invite me to it.

My 100% original skype name is user Ymouse (not joking)

See it?

So it
user Ymouse
With those letters capitolized as such?
There is one without caps

Yea, with the caps just like that.

You vet my invite? When you respond will try to add you to the group

Nope, nothing yet.

Om that may have gone to someone else. There are a lot with that name...
Legendarycuckdestroyer
Try me

Found you, sent a request

Gotcha and your in hopefully