So, Lord of the Rings player's guide just came out

cubicle7.co.uk/adventures-in-middle-earth-players-guide-pdf-is-out/

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!BUdBDABK!K8WbWPKh6Qi1vZSm4OI2PQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Post the PDF, then we'll talk. Or were you just hoping that someone would for you?

is 5e really the system for it though? Murps and One Ring already exist

though a setting guide can't exactly hurt

It's by the TOR guys

also requesting pdf, looks very interesting

>one of the worst covers I've ever seen.

You'd think for a product using the world's most famous rpg, set in the world's most famous fantasy setting, they could have managed a better cover.

>three wizards
>in the entire world
>the best possible story in the setting has already been told

Yeah, not even remotely interested

You need a group that is open minded enough to alter the story obviously. Playing a party of explorers or rangers way before or after the story of the movies is actually pretty cool. I mean just look at what GW got out of the setting. It's a lot of work for the GM though and the same could be accomplished easier by playing WHFRPG in the warhammer setting.

MERP shows that it's possible. Stop clinging to canon.

I played in one of these and it was incredibly dull as you couldn't do anything interesting to affect the world or any if the precious named npcs.

I think what would be interesting actually is literally playing the fellowship on the same quest but they are a different band and you can answer a bunch of what ifs? Like what if Boromir had got the ring and taken it to minas tirith, or what if crossing karandas was successful , or what if the fellowship never split, or what if Helms Deep fell to the orca etc. Kinda like doing 'historical reenactment ' in an rpg.

>if i am not involved in world-changing event, i can't be bothered
Seriously? Surely stopping some bandits or a corrupted baron can be fun as well?

At least we have a use for halflings now.

Why use this over The One Ring or The Burning Wheel again? Is it, like the many games based on 3.5, made to those who refuse to learn near rulesets?

Pretty much, yeah.

>Thinks Wizards are people

Bumping for interest.

Turns out, full version of the pdf won't be even available until later this month, user, so let this thread sink for now.

Finally! I can stop playing that fucking pretentious bullshit that is The One Ring.

Date?

mega.nz/#F!BUdBDABK!K8WbWPKh6Qi1vZSm4OI2PQ

Check under third party.